Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 09:46:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] OCTO - Resurrect 888 - New Counterparty Asset  (Read 37805 times)
OCTOPARTY (OP)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2015, 05:31:27 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnzs-0k1t2U

Want to see some of the unique ideas that Counterparty brings? Robert from FoldingCoin created this video and shows how you can have token control access using an asset. For this purpose holders of certain assets can access forums specifically for that asset. Watch this short vid to see the creation and how it works.

To all the users who are donating BTC to fund the OCTO website, you will be the first users to have access to the OCTO General Chat forum on the LTB website.

Be sure to pick up some FoldingCoins by folding@home with your GPU/CPU, at the poloniex.com exchange or in your Counterwallet using the DEX. Then you can also check out the FoldingCoin forums over at LTB.

Thanks for the setting up the token control forum and creating this excellent tutorial Smiley
FoldingCoin

Activity: 742

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 06:29:29 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnzs-0k1t2U

Want to see some of the unique ideas that Counterparty brings? Robert from FoldingCoin created this video and shows how you can have token control access using an asset. For this purpose holders of certain assets can access forums specifically for that asset. Watch this short vid to see the creation and how it works.

To all the users who are donating BTC to fund the OCTO website, you will be the first users to have access to the OCTO General Chat forum on the LTB website.

Be sure to pick up some FoldingCoins by folding@home with your GPU/CPU, at the poloniex.com exchange or in your Counterwallet using the DEX. Then you can also check out the FoldingCoin forums over at LTB.

Thanks for the setting up the token control forum and creating this excellent tutorial Smiley
Thank you for the kind words Smiley I am very excited to receive my OCTO and become part of the forums Smiley

Anyone looking to get some free FLDC, please view our bounties page on how you can get some free FLDC http://foldingcoin.net/earn-fldc/

Robert Ross - FoldingCoin Inc Administrator, Board Member -
FLDC Twitter: @foldingcoin - Skype: foldingcoin - Email: rross@foldingcoin.net - Join the Discord: Join Link My handle is @pooktwo#7260
OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2015, 03:59:10 PM

Just a heads up. Richie@bittrex posted on the Octocoin page. He says today is the day. If you are holding funds there you better withdraw them now.

I personally thought he had already done this in January. I had already withdrawn mine.
OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2015, 04:18:50 PM
Last edit: February 22, 2015, 11:33:31 PM by OCTOPARTY

http://blockexperts.com/888/height/8burnYouroctoHere4oCToPartyXRcdDgX

does this look right?

edit: nm block height
OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2015, 05:17:21 PM

"I had a 1/30 shutoff date but gave it a couple weeks incase people missed it.... There is nothing more painful then having to take a wallet out of storage.  As for the balance:

"balance" : 5266905.88522253

That is the current wallet balance.

thanks
richie@bittrex"

Well that's bad news for anyone who hasn't taken the chance to withdraw their coins. 5 million is quite a larger number than I expected.

For OCTO that is good. We only need to hold a small % of the total OCTO distributed. When you consider the 5 Million at bittrex, the exclusion of the dev addresses and the fact that there won't be 100% participation in the burn, then we are sitting on point.

I was predicting 20-30 million and you never know, it may be lower than that.

OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2015, 11:05:22 PM

If someone can check and test sending more than 50,000 coins at once to be sure we can, please do so.

Also, please find a way to do this so only one person is sending to another trusted persons address.

If for some reason it doesn't work we need to know. I have a feeling that was for the original wallet.

If your coins get stuck we will cover them, you have my word. Just be able to show us the transaction and where it failed and you lost the coins.

Like I said, just one or two people work out who's sending and who's receiving and test it. We don't want to have to cover coins for a ton of people without burning them if in fact it is broken.

The reason we need to know this for sure is so we know if people with a few hundred thousand or a million coins are going to have to do quite a few 50,000 coin transactions. I just want confirmation that we can send.

If nobody wants to do it I will sometime soon. I just didn't want to do it and if it messes up there be any questions since I currently have the OCTO address in my counterwallet. It's me maintaining trust.
OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2015, 11:42:08 PM

Pretty good article about creating your own cryptocurrency.

http://cointelegraph.com/news/113525/10-tips-to-create-your-own-cryptocurrency
SquidsIn

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 07:50:06 AM

If someone can check and test sending more than 50,000 coins at once to be sure we can, please do so.

Also, please find a way to do this so only one person is sending to another trusted persons address.

If for some reason it doesn't work we need to know. I have a feeling that was for the original wallet.

If your coins get stuck we will cover them, you have my word. Just be able to show us the transaction and where it failed and you lost the coins.

Like I said, just one or two people work out who's sending and who's receiving and test it. We don't want to have to cover coins for a ton of people without burning them if in fact it is broken.

The reason we need to know this for sure is so we know if people with a few hundred thousand or a million coins are going to have to do quite a few 50,000 coin transactions. I just want confirmation that we can send.

If nobody wants to do it I will sometime soon. I just didn't want to do it and if it messes up there be any questions since I currently have the OCTO address in my counterwallet. It's me maintaining trust.

Yep, TxId: e005d3383fb85e27885c55fe63f482e908e53d8daf72205725864fa0338f38a2

Since getting into Cryptocurrency I've had many bags, all but two have varied over time.  Those are the two I see in the mirror where my eyes once shone.
OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2015, 04:02:55 PM

https://thegrid.io/

watch the vid.

This is a pretty interesting start-up. Their websites look pretty pimp. Maybe we should consider them instead of squarespace. it would save us money the first year because you are getting the $25/month site for $8.

$96/year and can pay with BTC. That means we can lessen the BTC1.5 goal as we already have enough funds. Now the service says it's available late spring. It may be a month or two. I think if we have to pay for the domains separate the extra $40 will cover it. I know a great domain name site. It may include limited domain names with the $96 per years. Plus it allows us 7 websites. So as we expand we have the ability to have extra sites.

OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2015, 04:08:37 PM

Anyone who donated BTC please let me know if the above option is good for you. It's your money and what i promised originally was the squarespace pro or business package. I'll be honest, for $96 i'm purchasing this regardless even if it's with my own money Smiley But I won't spend your money on something you guys don't want.

I vote yes because it looks like it will shorten the amount of time I'd have to spend with Squarespace and I'll get about the same website package and features. The only downside is we pay now as a founding member and get the site sometime this spring. We would have to wait for their shopping features until the fall but we can get around that with Coinbase buttons for purchases and I'll process the shipping manually.

OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2015, 07:51:41 PM

http://blockexperts.com/888/address/8burnYouroctoHere4oCToPartyXRcdDgX

burn address is showing my 2 test OCTO plus what squids prolly sent.
FoldingCoin

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 09:24:46 PM

watch the vid.

This is a pretty interesting start-up. Their websites look pretty pimp. Maybe we should consider them instead of squarespace. it would save us money the first year because you are getting the $25/month site for $8.

$96/year and can pay with BTC. That means we can lessen the BTC1.5 goal as we already have enough funds. Now the service says it's available late spring. It may be a month or two. I think if we have to pay for the domains separate the extra $40 will cover it. I know a great domain name site. It may include limited domain names with the $96 per years. Plus it allows us 7 websites. So as we expand we have the ability to have extra sites.

Since it says late 2015, i would not count on this being ready anytime soon. I would go with squarespace or wix still for now, you can always transition over later.

FLDC Twitter: @foldingcoin - Skype: foldingcoin - Email: rross@foldingcoin.net - Join the Discord: Join Link My handle is @pooktwo#7260
OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2015, 10:23:05 PM

watch the vid.

Since it says late 2015, i would not count on this being ready anytime soon. I would go with squarespace or wix still for now, you can always transition over later.

Well the website dev is available this spring. It's the ability to use their merchant apps that are going to be late 2015. I would guess the website could be between now and May.

I suppose we could still do month to month on squarespace and I can just transition it to thegrid when it becomes available.
OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2015, 11:48:21 PM

Never Mind. I'm still getting this cuz it looks awesome.

https://thegrid.io/faq/

But publishing the site won't roll out for all. I want to beta that so maybe we can use it in the future.

Maybe do month to month? I'll figure it out. But for now let's press towards the BTC1.5 so we can fund the squarespace.

Sometime later this year if thegrid is awesome and quick I'll switch over and we can use the sqarespace site until the year is up.

I just got uber excited. Damn me. Grin
OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2015, 12:22:05 AM

When will I get a Grid site if I become a Founding Member?
General release is set for late Spring 2015 with commerce capabilities coming at the end of 2015.
We'll selectively release publishing capabilities to Founding Members for beta testing prior to general release. Once we're satisfied with the results of the beta tests, we'll release site publishing to all of our Founding Members.

When is general release?
We're expecting to release in late Spring 2015.

See that makes it sound like users buying now for this price get to beta it and some can publish early and the general release is this spring. I hate to spend $300 on Squarespace for a year because ordering this now locks you in to the $8 subscription permanently. In the long run $96/year is cheaper than $288/year.

Decisions. I think this will be the best bang for our buck. Plus to drag and drop content and the site builds itself sounds amazing. I thought Square's level of templates were great when I first started using them but I wondered when something like this would come along.
OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2015, 01:03:03 AM

Screw it. I just purchased it. Of course with my money. Let me test it out and see what we can do. I can still do Squarespace with the money you guys donated. We'll see how quick it lets me access building a site. If it's quickly and you guys like it and don't want to do Squarespace then you can pay me to use thegrid. I will be doing 1-2 more websites in the Tampa/St. Pete area when I get there so I couldn't pass up the 7 sites for $96 a year. The only downside is waiting for the merchant tools this fall and purchasing domain names.

http://HTTPS://THEGRID.IO/#22675
OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2015, 07:05:34 AM
Last edit: February 24, 2015, 08:57:03 AM by OCTOPARTY

THE BURN HAS OFFICIALLY STARTED: FEBRUARY 24, 2015 - MARCH 8, 2015. PLEASE BURN BY 11:59 PM EST.

BURN ADDRESS: 8burnYouroctoHere4oCToPartyXRcdDgX

BLOCK EXPLORER: blockexperts.com/888

NOTE: DO NOT DELETE YOUR WALLET OR PRIVATE KEY. ANY DISCREPANCIES WILL REQUIRE PROOF VIA SCREENSHOT OR PHOTO OF WALLET TRANSACTIONS TAB. THANKS Smiley

888***OCTO***888***OCTO***888***OCTO***888***OCTO***888***OCTO***888***OCTO***888

The Octocoin burn will begin soon. Burn your 888 in exchange for the OCTO Counterparty Asset. We will create 88.8 Million OCTO total but will only distribute the burned 888/OCTO at first. The burn ratio will be 1:1. The burn process will last for 1 month only and a snapshot of the blockchain will be taken. When the midnight deadline is announced you can no longer burn your 888 and the only way to acquire OCTO will be to purchase, trade or participate in FoldingCoin’s merged mining and other promotions. We will announce future distribution plans at a later date on this forum and on a private LTB forum. If you have any questions about the burn, please PM frameLAlife or FoldingCoin on bitcointalk.org.

Be aware that OCTO will be a community asset and is not associated with Octocoin 888 or it’s original developers. We as a community are choosing to leave the original, abandoned blockchain behind to participate in the Counterparty protocol on the Bitcoin blockchain. While we do have leadership in place that is planning the first project for the new asset, you the community will be free to use any available open-source code to build and promote your own projects in the community. However, please understand that certain projects, applications and activities will not be allowed to be promoted on official OCTO forums for legal reasons.

PLEASE NOTE: Do not send any 888 to the burn address until we have posted the link to the block explorer when it goes live. Instructions for the burn will be posted soon.

888 moving to Counterparty - OCTO

The Octocoin burn will begin soon. Burn your 888 in exchange for the OCTO Counterparty Asset. We will create 88.8 Million OCTO total but will only distribute the burned 888/OCTO at first. The burn ratio will be 1:1. The burn process will last for 1 month only and a snapshot of the blockchain will be taken. When the midnight deadline is announced you can no longer burn your 888 and the only way to acquire OCTO will be to purchase, trade or participate in FoldingCoin’s merged mining and other promotions. We will announce future distribution plans at a later date on the new OCTO bitcointalk.org and letstalkbitcoin.com forums. If you have any questions about the burn, please PM frameLAlife or FoldingCoin on bitcointalk.org.

Be aware that OCTO will be a community asset and is not associated with Octocoin 888 or it’s original developers. We as a community are choosing to leave the original, abandoned blockchain behind to participate in the Counterparty protocol on the Bitcoin blockchain. While we do have leadership in place that is planning the first project for the new asset, you the community will be free to use any available open-source code to build and promote your own projects in the community. However, please understand that certain projects, applications and activities will not be allowed to be promoted on official OCTO forums for legal reasons.

Please refer to the following instructions and follow this process to burn your 888 to the new OCTO Counterparty Asset. PLEASE NOTE: Do not send any 888 to the burn address until we have posted the link to the block explorer when it goes live. The following instructions will be posted to the most recent page until the burn period begins.

Step 1 - 888 Holders please create a Counterwallet with these steps http://foldingcoin.net/counterparty-guides/#wallet

Step 2 - Send all your current 888 to a single 888 wallet that you control. If you are going to continue mining, please make sure to mine directly to that address (or if you are using a mining pool, please start to withdrawal to that address)

Step 3 - Fill out this google form https://docs.google.com/forms/d/16a6AvxrfOQ_gzMrM3tH2iRlBvPX-OSge4QG_2rLDkYQ/viewform?usp=send_form with the following information:

BTC address from your Counterwallet found in Step 1

Your 888 address with all your 888 from Step 2

The estimated total amount of 888 in your wallet from Step 2 that you will be burning in exchange for the new OCTO asset on Counterwallet (the estimated amount is for trying to get an understanding of how much 888 is going to be burned)

Step 4 - DO NOT SEND any 888 to the burn address at this time, but rather you can confirm on this document that your information is correct https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13nfukjfGvfwwI6Y2dUY13eVZLF6NmslkvXtx7GczO-g/pubhtml

If you do not see your address here or if the information is wrong (such as your 888 address is not the one you wish to associate  with your Counterwallet address) please contact octocoinburn@gmail.com AND rross@foldingcoin.net to resolve this issue and get your accurate address information added.

Step 5 - Once the block explorer and the burn address has been verified and working by this community, then a deadline will be announced to send the 888 from your wallet in Step 2 to the burn address to receive the new Counterparty OCTO asset. The deadline will be 1 month after the explorer and the burn address have been announced.

DO NOT SEND ANY 888 UNTIL THE BLOCK EXPLORER, THE BURN ADDRESS, AND THE DEADLINE HAS BEEN ESTABLISHED. AWAIT FOR FRAMELALIFE TO CONFIRM THAT THESE FACTORS ARE OFFICIAL AND ESTABLISHED, DO NOT TAKE THE WORD OF ANY OTHER USERNAME AT THIS TIME

Step 6 - Once Midnight on the deadline is hit, the 888 block explorer will be captured fully with the accurate information regarding the 888 wallet locations at the exact deadline time (this will then be available to the public to view). You must have sent your 888 to the burn address BEFORE the deadline has been hit. So any amount of 888 created after the burn will not be considered a valid exchange since it will be officially moved over.

Step 7 - After the block explorer has been fully captured, then 2 days will pass to allow time for any discrepancies to be established from the Octo community with the amount of OCTO they will receive. During these two days, frameLAlife and FoldingCoin (Kris and Robert) will be uploading a new column to the publically viewable google doc with the exact amount of OCTO each person will receive who sent 888 to the burn address.

Step 8 - After the 2 days have passed, then FoldingCoin will create a distribution address and send all the OCTO out to all participants who are partaking in the burn. this community needs to keep in mind, that for every 1 address receiving OCTO it will require 0.00006 BTC (this is not a service fee, but it is the cost of a Counterparty transaction). So If 1,000 people are participating in the burn, then 0.06 BTC will need to be provided to distribute the new OCTO funds.

Step 9 - OCTO will become part of the Merged Folding family and you will continue to be able to earn additional OCTO by setting up your computer to partake in folding following this step http://foldingcoin.net/windows-guides/#setup

The distribution on Merged Folding will need to have the OCTO community decide the following factors:

Total amount of OCTO to be distributed on Merged Folding

Amount per day to be distributed on Merged Folding

If there will be a half life

How often to do the distribution (daily, weekly, monthly)

Step 10 - Robert Ross will provide complete training to frameLAlife on how counterparty works, securing undistributed OCTO, Merged Folding, and anything else needed

Step 11 - Begin to rebuild the features and direction of OCTO
FoldingCoin

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 08:40:56 AM

@frameLAlife, here is the bitcointalk code with the updated information regarding the burn process

Code:
[list][center][b][size=15pt]888 moving to Counterparty - OCTO[/size][/b][/center]

[center]The Octocoin started on February 24th, 2015 and last until March 8th at midnight. Burn your 888 in exchange for the OCTO Counterparty Asset by sending your 888 to the following 888 address:[/center]
[br]
[center][b][size=15pt]8burnYouroctoHere4oCToPartyXRcdDgX[/size][/b][/center]
[br]
 We will create 88.8 Million OCTO total but will only distribute the burned 888/OCTO at first. The burn ratio will be 1:1. The burn process will last for 2 weels only and a snapshot of the blockchain will be taken. When the midnight deadline on March 8th has been hit (Mountain Time) then you can no longer burn your 888 and the only way to acquire OCTO will be to purchase, trade or participate in FoldingCoin’s merged mining and other promotions. We will announce future distribution plans at a later date on the new OCTO bitcointalk.org and letstalkbitcoin.com forums. If you have any questions about the burn, please PM frameLAlife or FoldingCoin on bitcointalk.org.

Please refer to the following instructions and follow this process to burn your 888 to the new OCTO Counterparty Asset.

[list][li]Step 1 - 888 Holders please create a Counterwallet with these steps http://foldingcoin.net/counterparty-guides/#wallet[br][br][/li]

[li]Step 2 - Send all your current 888 to a single 888 wallet that you control. If you are going to continue mining, please make sure to mine directly to that address (or if you are using a mining pool, please start to withdrawal to that address)[br][br][/li]

[li]Step 3 - Fill out this google form https://docs.google.com/forms/d/16a6AvxrfOQ_gzMrM3tH2iRlBvPX-OSge4QG_2rLDkYQ/viewform?usp=send_form with the following information:[br]
[list]
[li]BTC address from your Counterwallet found in Step 1[br][br][/li]

[li]Your 888 address with all your 888 from Step 2[br][br][/li]

[li]The estimated total amount of 888 in your wallet from Step 2 that you will be burning in exchange for the new OCTO asset on Counterwallet (the estimated amount is for trying to get an understanding of how much 888 is going to be burned)[br][br][/li]

[/list][/li]
[li]Step 4 - After confirming that your identity and correct wallet information is in this list https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13nfukjfGvfwwI6Y2dUY13eVZLF6NmslkvXtx7GczO-g/pubhtml after filling out the form, send your 888 to the burn address:
[br]
[center][b][size=15pt]8burnYouroctoHere4oCToPartyXRcdDgX[/size][/b][/center]
[br]
[list]
[li]If you do not see your address here or if the information is wrong (such as your 888 address is not the one you wish to associate  with your Counterwallet address) please contact octocoinburn@gmail.com AND rross@foldingcoin.net to resolve this issue and get your accurate address information added before burning your 888.[br][br][/li][/list][/li]

[li]Step 5 - The deadline is set to March 8th at midnight (mountain time) so make sure you burn before that time[br][br][/li]

[li]Step 6 - Once Midnight on the deadline is hit, the 888 block explorer will be captured fully with the accurate information regarding the 888 wallet locations at the exact deadline time (this will then be available to the public to view). You must have sent your 888 to the burn address BEFORE the deadline has been hit. So any amount of 888 created after the burn will not be considered a valid exchange since it will be officially moved over.[br][br][/li]

[li]Step 7 - After the block explorer has been fully captured, then 2 days will pass to allow time for any discrepancies to be established from the Octo community with the amount of OCTO they will receive. [br][br][/li]

[li]Step 8 - After the 2 days have passed, then FoldingCoin will create a distribution address and send all the OCTO out to all participants who are partaking in the burn. this community needs to keep in mind, that for every 1 address receiving OCTO it will require 0.00006 BTC (this is not a service fee, but it is the cost of a Counterparty transaction). So If 1,000 people are participating in the burn, then 0.06 BTC will need to be provided to distribute the new OCTO funds.[br][br][/li]

[li]Step 9 - OCTO will become part of the Merged Folding family and you will continue to be able to earn additional OCTO by setting up your computer to partake in folding following this step http://foldingcoin.net/windows-guides/#setup[br]
[list]
[li]The distribution on Merged Folding will need to have the OCTO community decide the following factors:[br][br][/li]

[li]Total amount of OCTO to be distributed on Merged Folding[br][br][/li]

[li]Amount per day to be distributed on Merged Folding[br][br][/li]

[li]If there will be a half life[br][br][/li]

[li]How often to do the distribution (daily, weekly, monthly)[br][br][/li][/list][/li]

[li]Step 10 - Robert Ross will provide complete training to frameLAlife on how counterparty works, securing undistributed OCTO, Merged Folding, and anything else needed[br][br][/li]

[li]Step 11 - Begin to rebuild the features and direction of OCTO[br][br][/li]
[/list]

[center][size=15pt][b]New ANN forum for OCTO on Counterparty can be found here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=960933[/b][/size][/center]

FoldingCoin

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 08:43:10 AM

888 moving to Counterparty - OCTO

The Octocoin started on February 24th, 2015 and last until March 8th at midnight. Burn your 888 in exchange for the OCTO Counterparty Asset by sending your 888 to the following 888 address:

8burnYouroctoHere4oCToPartyXRcdDgX

We will create 88.8 Million OCTO total but will only distribute the burned 888/OCTO at first. The burn ratio will be 1:1. The burn process will last for 2 weels only and a snapshot of the blockchain will be taken. When the midnight deadline on March 8th has been hit (Mountain Time) then you can no longer burn your 888 and the only way to acquire OCTO will be to purchase, trade or participate in FoldingCoin’s merged mining and other promotions. We will announce future distribution plans at a later date on the new OCTO bitcointalk.org and letstalkbitcoin.com forums. If you have any questions about the burn, please PM frameLAlife or FoldingCoin on bitcointalk.org.

Please refer to the following instructions and follow this process to burn your 888 to the new OCTO Counterparty Asset.

• Step 1 - 888 Holders please create a Counterwallet with these steps http://foldingcoin.net/counterparty-guides/#wallet

• Step 2 - Send all your current 888 to a single 888 wallet that you control. If you are going to continue mining, please make sure to mine directly to that address (or if you are using a mining pool, please start to withdrawal to that address)

• Step 3 - Fill out this google form https://docs.google.com/forms/d/16a6AvxrfOQ_gzMrM3tH2iRlBvPX-OSge4QG_2rLDkYQ/viewform?usp=send_form with the following information:

• BTC address from your Counterwallet found in Step 1

• Your 888 address with all your 888 from Step 2

• The estimated total amount of 888 in your wallet from Step 2 that you will be burning in exchange for the new OCTO asset on Counterwallet (the estimated amount is for trying to get an understanding of how much 888 is going to be burned)

• Step 4 - After confirming that your identity and correct wallet information is in this list https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13nfukjfGvfwwI6Y2dUY13eVZLF6NmslkvXtx7GczO-g/pubhtml after filling out the form, send your 888 to the burn address:

8burnYouroctoHere4oCToPartyXRcdDgX

• If you do not see your address here or if the information is wrong (such as your 888 address is not the one you wish to associate  with your Counterwallet address) please contact octocoinburn@gmail.com AND rross@foldingcoin.net to resolve this issue and get your accurate address information added before burning your 888.

• Step 5 - The deadline is set to March 8th at midnight (mountain time) so make sure you burn before that time

• Step 6 - Once Midnight on the deadline is hit, the 888 block explorer will be captured fully with the accurate information regarding the 888 wallet locations at the exact deadline time (this will then be available to the public to view). You must have sent your 888 to the burn address BEFORE the deadline has been hit. So any amount of 888 created after the burn will not be considered a valid exchange since it will be officially moved over.

• Step 7 - After the block explorer has been fully captured, then 2 days will pass to allow time for any discrepancies to be established from the Octo community with the amount of OCTO they will receive.

• Step 8 - After the 2 days have passed, then FoldingCoin will create a distribution address and send all the OCTO out to all participants who are partaking in the burn. this community needs to keep in mind, that for every 1 address receiving OCTO it will require 0.00006 BTC (this is not a service fee, but it is the cost of a Counterparty transaction). So If 1,000 people are participating in the burn, then 0.06 BTC will need to be provided to distribute the new OCTO funds.

• Step 9 - OCTO will become part of the Merged Folding family and you will continue to be able to earn additional OCTO by setting up your computer to partake in folding following this step http://foldingcoin.net/windows-guides/#setup

• The distribution on Merged Folding will need to have the OCTO community decide the following factors:

• Total amount of OCTO to be distributed on Merged Folding

• Amount per day to be distributed on Merged Folding

• If there will be a half life

• How often to do the distribution (daily, weekly, monthly)

• Step 10 - Robert Ross will provide complete training to frameLAlife on how counterparty works, securing undistributed OCTO, Merged Folding, and anything else needed

• Step 11 - Begin to rebuild the features and direction of OCTO

New ANN forum for OCTO on Counterparty can be found here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=960933
    [/list]

madmartyk
    Legendary

Activity: 2688
    Merit: 1030

Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!

View Profile
    February 24, 2015, 12:07:07 PM

605700 OCTO BURNED!!

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
      Print  

Jump to: