Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 10:40:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] OCTO - Resurrect 888 - New Counterparty Asset  (Read 37799 times)
hashbrown9000

Activity: 427
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 11:48:53 PM

well i figured out what happened to my disappeared funds.  I had to create a new address in the web wallet. Thankfully that brought back the old counterparty address where my new octocoins from the burn first appeared.

Pinkcoin:
ETH:
VTC:
BTC:

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
OCTOPARTY (OP)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2015, 05:49:26 AM

well i figured out what happened to my disappeared funds.  I had to create a new address in the web wallet. Thankfully that brought back the old counterparty address where my new octocoins from the burn first appeared.

Glad to hear you figured that out Hashbrown! That would have sucked. Counterwallet is weird like that sometimes.
OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2015, 02:37:46 PM

The OCTO swapbot should be coming back up. It was down yesterday because we had no sales of OCTO and I had to send BTC to the bot. Should be back online for the month.

We are no longer on Bittrex.com so you can still purchase OCTO through this bot. All funds raised go to pay for the bot and will be used for development of the Fantasy MMA game. I will be upgrading the OCTO website to host the game soon.

https://swapbot.tokenly.com/bot/FrameLAlife/octo-by-wwwtheoctopartycom#choose
OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2015, 08:47:20 PM

Ok, so I would like the community's thoughts on this if anyone here is into Fantasy Sports and Trading Card Games. We know that Fantasy Sports are points based games. Most Trading Card games utilize the cards attributes for points. I am going to begin laying out the point scheme for the game and Fantasy MMA is fairly simple but I have to find the best way to implement the trading cards. I hope we can come up with some unique uses.

So, in Fantasy MMA Pick 'Em you are rewarded points for:

Choosing the winner of the fight
Choosing the way the fight is won
Choosing the round in which the fight is won
Choosing the minute of the round the fight is won
Bonus points for choosing all 4 of the above correctly

Usually, it's a 10 point bonus for choosing all 4 categories correctly. It's rare to hit this. While choosing the winner and how they win can be somewhat easy if you follow the sport and really look at each fighter and the % of how they win fights. Choosing the round and the minute are difficult. You do have some data from prior fights to see if they finish fights in earlier or later rounds and the typical minutes. But that is still very random.

So, when you introduce another way to have bonus via trading cards there are a few ways that you can do this. It needs to be based on risk and reward, how often that card type can be used on one fight card, etc.

Different types of cards:

Fighter Cards - Play the fighter card and if they win you receive say 5 bonus points, if they draw you receive 3 bonus points, if they lose you receive 0 points. You can only play this once per fight card because they only fight once on the card.

Finish Cards - Play the finish card and if ANY of the fights on the card are finished in this way, you receive points. I would say that because you can choose Decision, Knockout, Technical Knockout or Submission, and multiple fights on the card can be won in this way, you have a potential to gain many points. This needs to be considered in the risk and reward department. Are you more likely to gain a few points out of 8 fights? I would say your chances are greater to gain points there than with the fighter cards because between 2 fighters in one match, it's a 50/50 chance either way.

Specific Finish Cards - These are similar to Finish Cards but more specific. I can have 8 fights and choose the Submission Card and 4 fights end in submission. But if I choose the Armbar Card, you only receive points for armbars. I would say the risk is greater to choose a specific submission or strike over choosing the vague Submission Card, so the reward should be greater. Now compare submissions to strikes. Submissions have one category. Striking has two categories to win, either by Knockout or Technical Knockout. You also have to consider if a fighter is cut or injured that a fight can end in a Doctor's Stoppage and that's considered a Technical Knockout.

So, there is a lot to consider when you add these points. When you consider the difference in choosing the winner of a fight and having a 50/50 chance for your Fighter Card to gain you points based on picking 1 match, it is totally different than using a Submission Card and having the chance to gain points from multiple matches on the fight card.

I would love to hear your thoughts on this project and any input or ideas that you have.

The artist is working on some of the artwork for the first basic cards. I will also be doing a special set of cards that I design Smiley Put them graphic design skills to use.

I have been talking with a few other devs who may be able to take this from a form input game and put this to an actual fantasy MMA site.

We are also waiting on news for the Counterparty mobile wallet IndieSquare available on iOS & Android. They are developing an API that allows you to use Counterwallet on mobile and websites. This should make it easier for any site to implement Counterparty transactions. Much easier to use an API than develop your own code from scratch. The podcast interview stated that this version is scheduled for late January 2016. I asked IndieSquare if this was for the mobile version or web version first, and he was not sure which one would be released first. But their wallet on mobile is awesome and getting better. They are working with SOG. I am hoping when the time comes we can work closely to make our actual website easy to use.

Another thing to consider is how we make it easy for average MMA fans who are not into Bitcoin or Counterparty. I know Adam from letstalkbitcoin said that swapbots would integrate credit cards from Stripe eventually. I think as long as users can purchase OCTO & OCTO Trading Cards from us with credit cards and not bitcoin, you will have an easy on ramp for non bitcoin people.
OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2016, 09:48:05 PM

I'm taking some time off. There's a lack of interest in OCTO. Will continue in the future.
testcoin

Activity: 465
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2016, 10:04:55 AM

I'm taking some time off. There's a lack of interest in OCTO. Will continue in the future.

So OCTO is not going back any time soon?

Can we still do folding for OCTO?
OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2016, 04:07:24 PM

So OCTO is not going back any time soon?

Can we still do folding for OCTO?

It will be sometime soon. I'm not sure when. I really don't know what to use OCTO for at this point. None of my ideas seem to stick and I am limited on time I can spend. I'm not sure if Robert is tracking for OCTO but if he still is after the last 2 months, I will eventually distribute to folders I suppose. But at this point OCTO has no value, and no use and not very much interest. I'll update as soon as I can figure something out.
OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2016, 08:09:34 PM

So OCTO is officially dead. Anyone who wants to do something with this token, please, take it. I'm def not coming back or doing anything with this Counterparty token anymore. PM me if someone out there would like to use this token for anything.
paramind22

Activity: 2646
Merit: 550

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2017, 09:17:34 PM
Last edit: June 24, 2017, 10:10:17 PM by paramind22

Some guy was just promoting this as one of the cheap coins to look into.  I was buying a bunch of cheap coins recently because I learned the lesson of not buying bcn, rdd, dgb when they were cheap, even when I had hope they could come alive.  I thought I researched it because I do research every coin.  So I was surprised to see the state of this coin.  I don't think I bought more than a couple bucks worth but I also synched the wallet and sent some 888 to it about 30 minutes ago and they are not showing up.  It's at least no big loss for me.  Can we at least keep this thing alive so the wallet stakes for bagholders?  I'm a newbie to the tech side of crypto so not sure all that's involved.  

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37]
  Print  

Jump to: