Bitcoin Forum
July 07, 2024, 10:05:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] OCTO - Resurrect 888 - New Counterparty Asset  (Read 37809 times)
OCTOPARTY (OP)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2015, 12:10:57 AM

market danger delisting, need more volume

Based on what? Where did you hear or read we were in danger of delisting?
hashbrown9000

Activity: 427
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 01:14:30 AM

on bittrex.

"It may be removed on May 15th unless the average daily trade volume for the last 7 days exceeds 0.2 BTC."

Pinkcoin:
ETH:
VTC:
BTC:
OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2015, 01:57:03 AM

wow that sux. i wasn't aware. hmmmm.
cabbage2014

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 02:01:55 PM

Theres a ton of coins with volume as low and lower then OCTO on Bittrex and they never seem to get the delisting notice, no harm for for each community member to send a mail to show this is a fledgling coin/asset with an active community and features are coming down the road. 

Not saying its guaranteed to stop delisting, but it certainly can't hurt IMO. Anyway fingers crossed OCTO stays on Bittrex.

FoldingCoin

Activity: 742

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 03:14:35 PM

Theres a ton of coins with volume as low and lower then OCTO on Bittrex and they never seem to get the delisting notice, no harm for for each community member to send a mail to show this is a fledgling coin/asset with an active community and features are coming down the road. 

Not saying its guaranteed to stop delisting, but it certainly can't hurt IMO. Anyway fingers crossed OCTO stays on Bittrex.
Recently this happened to FoldingCoin and Bittrex fixed the mistake. We sent them a simple tweet and they fixed it so you may want to do the same

Robert Ross - FoldingCoin Inc Administrator, Board Member -
FLDC Twitter: @foldingcoin - Skype: foldingcoin - Email: rross@foldingcoin.net - Join the Discord: Join Link My handle is @pooktwo#7260
cabbage2014

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 07:56:41 PM

Well I mailed support anyway and maybe they got a few mails and tweets too from other members, delisting notice is gone:)

FoldingCoin

Activity: 742

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 07:58:36 PM

Well I mailed support anyway and maybe they got a few tweets too, delisting notice is gone:)
This is good to hear Cheesy Nice job staying on top of it

Robert Ross - FoldingCoin Inc Administrator, Board Member -
FLDC Twitter: @foldingcoin - Skype: foldingcoin - Email: rross@foldingcoin.net - Join the Discord: Join Link My handle is @pooktwo#7260
OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2015, 08:40:30 PM

awesome. great eyes guys. i was kinda shocked they would de list us this early. sounds like it was a mistake then.

but still. keep in mind it only helps to go there and purchase some OCTO sometimes. we need to keep at least a steady, small amount of trading. if it becomes inactive, we really could be delisted.
hashbrown9000

Activity: 427

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 10:40:22 AM

great eyes guys

8 eyes!

Pinkcoin:
ETH:
VTC:
BTC:
OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2015, 08:59:38 PM

Hey Guys! Don't forget about the donation drive. Only a few weeks left. Let's show some support.

DJSlick donations

1D9zSxjWbVrPTwbfmT6HcjJ1nXsYmp9nd3

FoldingCoin Dev Team donations

178bc6SiCyoXJTXqSDQ6d978UVPX3TKWhb

DNOTES community donations

1NnhoV5LDnMn56zzDL65FQn2WamYxL9TUk

Cryptomoms.com donations

1Einv9auKP1Y6aNj9feiFnWRKCRgtP56Vp

These donations will be collected between May 3rd and June 3rd. Please send a few OCTO or any other assets you like Smiley

After the June 3rd deadline, I will give the recipients until June 10th to claim their donations by providing their Counterwallet addresses. If they do not claim the donations all funds will be sent to the OCTO devs fund address.

OCTO devs fund address: 12tLdoXzqCdRh5wFvNZvCUwyspEac43Xpa

Thanks for all of your donations and for supporting community members and OCTO-friendly groups!

You can check the current balances on blockscan.com.
mafort1469

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 11:10:08 PM

Hey Guys! Don't forget about the donation drive. Only a few weeks left. Let's show some support.

DJSlick donations

Cryptomoms.com donations

These donations will be collected between May 3rd and June 3rd. Please send a few OCTO or any other assets you like Smiley

After the June 3rd deadline, I will give the recipients until June 10th to claim their donations by providing their Counterwallet addresses. If they do not claim the donations all funds will be sent to the OCTO devs fund address.

Thanks for all of your donations and for supporting community members and OCTO-friendly groups!

Wow, this is a very nice idea.
OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2015, 03:20:03 AM

DJSlick donations

Cryptomoms.com donations

Wow, this is a very nice idea.

I think so. We just need more people to donate Smiley
OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2015, 12:34:48 AM

So we are probably going to be delisted at Bittrex.com.

We just cannot keep the volume high enough to keep their system from triggering us for removal. We don't have plans set for the first project yet and the ability to get a dev that would do any work for OCTO only isn't panning out.

We may have to think about other options. We may have to try to get on a lesser known exchange. But we definitely need to have an exchange to stay on coinmarketcap.com.

It's not a huge ordeal but it does take away the basic presence.

The plan for the first project still has no traction because I don't have the capital to even get it launched yet. I know that thegrid.io won't let me launch the site until sometime in June to start raising money to pay for servers, domain name and for someone to code Counterwallet with OCTO as the only white listed token. But that is the eventual plan so that we at least have a reason for people to buy OCTO to come play the first projects game.

I'm still planning the site for thegrid.io for now. It will be a Bitcoin Directory and will sell listings and advertising. I think once it's up and running I can start to split my profits to pay myself and raise capital for the first project.

If anyone has any great ideas lets hear them Smiley For now, we don't have a use for OCTO and it's hurting us at Bittrex. A community member reached out and suggested crtyptopia exchange i believe. Maybe for now we should just look for a lesser known exchange to keep OCTO viable.

Any suggestions or input is appreciated.
cabbage2014

View Profile
May 25, 2015, 06:43:09 PM
Last edit: May 25, 2015, 09:35:39 PM by cabbage2014

I'm the one who suggested Cryptopia but looks like they are out as an option, admin got back to me and said they aren't setup for counterparty assets at the moment.  I will keep an eye out for other alternatives anyway, good to see Bittrex getting back some volume today.

OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2015, 11:00:39 PM

Yeah if we want to stay on Bittrex we need a little weekly volume.
OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2015, 11:09:55 PM

Here's a test run for a Bittrex stimulus package. For the next 7 days screenshot your Bittrex trade for OCTO that includes the amount and date along with your counterwallet address and we will distribute a 50% match.

You purchase 1000 OCTO and we will distribute 500 to you. This is for the first week only. If this shows decent results and the community thinks it's a good idea to distribute a % as an interest stimulus to stay on Bittrex, we will consider adding this to the monthly distribution along with the faucet and the folding distributions. It will definitely be at a lower % than 50. Get it while you can and make sure we stay on there.

Thoughts?
cabbage2014

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 08:41:05 AM

Here's a test run for a Bittrex stimulus package. For the next 7 days screenshot your Bittrex trade for OCTO that includes the amount and date along with your counterwallet address and we will distribute a 50% match.

You purchase 1000 OCTO and we will distribute 500 to you. This is for the first week only. If this shows decent results and the community thinks it's a good idea to distribute a % as an interest stimulus to stay on Bittrex, we will consider adding this to the monthly distribution along with the faucet and the folding distributions. It will definitely be at a lower % than 50. Get it while you can and make sure we stay on there.

Thoughts?

Sounds like a good idea to me, if it helps create some buy pressure while work on features takes place I'm all for it. 

OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2015, 12:28:08 PM

Thanks to our first participant who traded for 23,409 OCTO. We will distribute 11,705 OCTO to their Counterwallet address.
Macno
Legendary

Activity: 984
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 04:33:25 PM

Hi, I stumbled by chance on this coin, spend an hour reading a bit of the history and theoctoparty.com and even watched those 2 youtube videos, but I still do not really get the point of the coin.
The user Octoparty seems to be very devoted to the cause and a nice guy, but what exactly makes this coin so special?
I am not trying to offend anyone, but to someone like me just stumbling upon it, it seems like only emotional attachment to the former versions are keeping this (somewhat) alive? What am I missing and why should anyone spend some BTC on this coin and not the hundreds of other alts?
cabbage2014

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 06:53:52 PM

Hi, I stumbled by chance on this coin, spend an hour reading a bit of the history and theoctoparty.com and even watched those 2 youtube videos, but I still do not really get the point of the coin.
The user Octoparty seems to be very devoted to the cause and a nice guy, but what exactly makes this coin so special?
I am not trying to offend anyone, but to someone like me just stumbling upon it, it seems like only emotional attachment to the former versions are keeping this (somewhat) alive? What am I missing and why should anyone spend some BTC on this coin and not the hundreds of other alts?

Pretty much every altcoin out there has no practical real world application apart from speculation against BTC.  The plan for OCTO is here(stole quote from OCTOPARTY on other forum)

'OCTO has two main focuses being planned. The first is token control access related marketing for Bitcoin merchants. The second is to build a Counterparty payment system for multiple Counterparty tokens, if not all, which will utilize OCTO or any other designated token as a fee generator.

The first project related to the merchant marketing is simply to find creative ways to use token control access for marketing purposes and to raise capital to fund the main project.

We are also using a specific website gaming model for the Counterparty payment system. So once even the working model for that is built, users will have a reason to use OCTO and a means to spend different Counterparty tokens to participate in the game on the website.'

At this point he is rebuilding from an abandoned community and trying to stay on Bittrex to get projects underway, I would say why invest in OCTO?  The reason I would give is the entire process including the burn has been open and transparent, there has been no false promises made to pump n'dump the coin like so many I have invested in.  For me its worth taking an informed risk on, but its a risk just like any other altcoin.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: