Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 09:45:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] OCTO - Resurrect 888 - New Counterparty Asset  (Read 37805 times)
OCTOPARTY (OP)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2015, 02:14:39 PM

We are getting some really good responses on Twitter this morning! Thanks guys. We need this type of community interaction to get their attention.

I'll have some announcements early next week about our projects!

Maybe that will get everyone fired up Smiley
SecretsOfCrypto

Activity: 466
Merit: 250

Twitter Follow for no BS crypto: @SecretsOfCrypto

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2015, 07:25:04 PM

Did you guys get delisted from trex? can't see to find you there
cabbage2014

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 08:17:59 PM

Did you guys get delisted from trex? can't see to find you there

Original Octocoin(888) got delisted.  OCTO as a new XCP asset hasn't been listed yet on Bittrex.

cabbage2014

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 08:20:55 PM

We are getting some really good responses on Twitter this morning! Thanks guys. We need this type of community interaction to get their attention.

I'll have some announcements early next week about our projects!

Maybe that will get everyone fired up Smiley

Glad to see that, I'm already fired up, good community no sleazy ICO to the moon I say:)

OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2015, 08:45:06 PM

For those of you that use IRC, I just registered #OctoPARTY on Freenode, feel free to jump in Smiley

that's awesome. will it let you post a link for it?
OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2015, 08:48:28 PM

Question: does anyone here play fantasy sports?
OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2015, 09:19:05 PM

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmCsgeiktdANZekjHRIoyFA

OCTO youtube channel is up now. It's kinda barebones but at least it's there. The first video will be the 888 Lottery Faucet.

If you haven't posted for the faucet do so before the end of March! Every month will have a lottery to see how much the payout is. It will be between 1-888 OCTO per month depending on the lottery.

https://letstalkbitcoin. com/forum/post/octo-888-lottery-faucet
OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2015, 11:27:47 PM

somebody had a huge donation to the OCTO developers donation fund. it's now at  310,790.4923 OCTO.

you can donate OCTO to the developers donation fund. we will still distribute some OCTO to devs as well but it's good to know that the community is donating to fund good devs.

12tLdoXzqCdRh5wFvNZvCUwyspEac43Xpa

you can also donate BTC to theoctoparty.com fund listed on the website which will be used to fund the tshirts. all funds will go towards the printing of the tee shirts. all profits from the tshirts will go towards funding the first advertising project. the advertising project is to raise money towards the working model of project number two, which will be for a Counterparty payment system for multiple counterparty tokens and uses a counterparty token as a fee generator. the use case will be for a website that is related to gaming.

the gamins website will allow multiple players per game. each game will allow the players to play with any counterparty token the game is set to, including OCTO. however, each game transaction also has to pay a fee in a chosen counterparty asset, in our case, it's OCTO.

so, if i join the game and it's a $10 game per person and it's set to storjcoinx and OCTO will always be the default fee token on our sites, that's what each player will pay in to join the game, and of course counterparty always has it's own BTC fee.

what's cool is, with smart contracts, you'll be able to use this on multiple sites and games, but for OCTO we can always have OCTO as a fee on our site for our games. that will give the coin a great use and contribute coding to the overall Counterparty community while giving them the ability to utilize the same payment on their own websites with their own tokens.

it will be exciting to start building this and testing it. i hope that it's something that people rally around and they create their own projects with this payment system.

HYPster

Activity: 192
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 01:53:03 AM

somebody had a huge donation to the OCTO developers donation fund. it's now at  310,790.4923 OCTO.

you can donate OCTO to the developers donation fund. we will still distribute some OCTO to devs as well but it's good to know that the community is donating to fund good devs.

you can also donate BTC to theoctoparty.com fund listed on the website which will be used to fund the tshirts. all funds will go towards the printing of the tee shirts. all profits from the tshirts will go towards funding the first advertising project. the advertising project is to raise money towards the working model of project number two, which will be for a Counterparty payment system for multiple counterparty tokens and uses a counterparty token as a fee generator. the use case will be for a website that is related to gaming.

the gamins website will allow multiple players per game. each game will allow the players to play with any counterparty token the game is set to, including OCTO. however, each game transaction also has to pay a fee in a chosen counterparty asset, in our case, it's OCTO.

so, if i join the game and it's a $10 game per person and it's set to storjcoinx and OCTO will always be the default fee token on our sites, that's what each player will pay in to join the game, and of course counterparty always has it's own BTC fee.

what's cool is, with smart contracts, you'll be able to use this on multiple sites and games, but for OCTO we can always have OCTO as a fee on our site for our games. that will give the coin a great use and contribute coding to the overall Counterparty community while giving them the ability to utilize the same payment on their own websites with their own tokens.

it will be exciting to start building this and testing it. i hope that it's something that people rally around and they create their own projects with this payment system.

Love it man! You have already done more with this coin than BHolzer's stupid ass ever did with 888. Thanks man!!!
OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2015, 02:39:01 AM

somebody had a huge donation to the OCTO developers donation fund. it's now at  310,790.4923 OCTO.

Love it man! You have already done more with this coin than BHolzer's stupid ass ever did with 888. Thanks man!!!

thanks! well i'm trying. remember though, we have a long, long way to go. that's the idea for the main project. we still have to recruit developers who believe in that vision and are willing to work for OCTO until we can get a working model and hold a crowd sale. it's going to take a lot of negotiating and the right people to help out.

i wish i knew more on the dev side, i'd just do it myself. but, i just don't. i'm more of a planner and manager. but there are people out there already contacting me to interview to build this. it's just finding the right combo as a team.

and don't forget, we have had a lot of help from Robert and the FoldingCoin devs! and the community has pitched in when needed, raising BTC, donating OCTO, one person working for me all last weekend, helping me with research and a spread sheet  over a weekend, working for OCTO, when at this point, it's not worth much yet.

i think we all know that we were willing to do all these things and many did the same type of things with Octocoin, and it went kinda unnoticed. the whole point of OCTO is to change that, so that we all find roles to play and build the community and projects. i think we have a good core group that transferred from Octocoin and we will continue to attract good people, once they realize what we are trying to do.

the burn probably has many wondering if this is just a pump n dump scheme, which in the crypto world, can't blame them. but it was good that we have less than 20 million of the total 88.8 million. it's good that folders can contribute to a good cause over 8 years and earn 22+ million coins. it's good we can run a faucet for a year or more and give away between 1-888 OCTO per month. it's good that we can hold a crowd sale or two for 20-40 million coins and raise BTC to pay developers money to help us complete these projects. it's good that with Counterparty we can distribute other tokens that will use token control access on the gaming sites, to incentivize people to not only get OCTO in the crowd sale but to get tokens that will give them extra features. this is a really neat platform, that is totally weird because you don't mine it. as long as the people running it distribute fairly and somewhat evenly so that none of the listed groups above (burners, folders, devs, faucet lottery players and crowd sale buyers) have total power control. i think it's a unique way to run a coin and it presents unique ways to develop some businesses around OCTO. we also are contributing to the counterparty system as a whole.

i appreciate the nice words and the support. it means a lot. yes, i'm doing this for myself as much as any other reason. but, i'm also doing this for the Octocoin community who got the shaft. i think there are a lot of excellent people there with good ideas and they really bought into OCTO. i know my roommate and his dad alone spent nearly $15,000 alone on building mining rigs, buying asics and purchasing OCTO. and after that it was worthless. some of that is their fault. but some of that is the devs fault for blowing hot air. then after all that they just bounce with no words, no explanation, no asking for assistance or help, nobody knows if there really was  dev team or if it was Bholzer. it just left a bad taste in my mouth. i was already thinking about starting a Counterparty asset, so i just decided to pitch the idea to bring this community along. it's easier to come out the gate with a community and support and people to pitch in and help than to build from ground zero with nothing. plus, we may be one of the first abandoned alts to switch to counterparty and merged mining with foldingcoin and turn things around. i think that speaks for itself.

for now, you guys need to focus as much as possible on tweeting about OCTO on bittrex and poloniex as possible. we will build a team to run the social media sites other than twitter, build an OCTO folding team and many other ideas. but for now it's just the Octocoin community. it may take awhile for folders to wonder what the coin they are mining is all about. hopefully it will attract some people from that group to join the community and push the coin to gain some value. but it's going to be a long road. this first year will make us or break us.

i do have a pretty good idea to bring in money, and i'm starting that project as soon as thegrid.io launches in late may, early june, or if they grant me early access. it will be marketing related to bitcoin merchants in my area. i think if i spend my weekends reaching out i can gain some customers. we only need to raise between $2000-$5000 to get the working model of the payment system on a gaming website up and running. it doesn't have to be the prettiest or the best website ever. it just has to work and show that people can use counterparty tokens to play and charge a fee in a counterparty token of their choice to play. that's very valuable to build. and once we show that it can work, then we can hopefully raise bitcoin to build a really badass site that looks great and that we can add a lot of token control access features to. we also are at the hands of counterparty releasing the smart contracts on the mainnet so that devs can use them to develop features like this. hell, you never know, another dev might even be working on these things now and we can just use their open source code to build on. that's the great thing about bitcoin and counterparty. we will see soon!

hashbrown9000

Activity: 427

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 03:50:33 AM

watch out shell, I'm right on your heels!

Pinkcoin:
ETH:
VTC:
BTC:
shellbunner

Activity: 266

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 04:11:55 AM

watch out shell, I'm right on your heels!

Lol, I'm just mining off and on to heat my bedroom. My wife doesn't appreciate the heat too much, so I'll be done mining for the next 6 months most likely till winter.

Get those OCTO!
cabbage2014

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 11:53:01 AM

Just started mining FAH super easy to setup on windows.   Only mining light for now with CPU, but might put together a dedicated rig and install it where I have cheap electricity.  Shame I sold off all my mining GPU's after scrypt and finally X11 became unprofitable to mine.

OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2015, 12:23:43 PM

Just started mining FAH super easy to setup on windows.   Only mining light for now with CPU, but might put together a dedicated rig and install it where I have cheap electricity.  Shame I sold off all my mining GPU's after scrypt and finally X11 became unprofitable to mine.

true but who knew that a few months later FoldingCoin would find a way to mine and earn multiple coins Smiley granted, it'll be a bit before many of them are profitable. but i also have a feeling that they will continue to grow their portfolio and that a few will be very profitable. i hope OCTO is one of those.

so how much OCTO is a CPU giving you daily?

my old roommate joshycoin is sitting on a crap ton of GPU rigs. all r9 290x's. he was going to sell them on ebay but when i left KY he hadn't sold them yet.
cabbage2014

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 12:39:45 PM
Last edit: March 27, 2015, 01:23:12 PM by cabbage2014

Just started mining FAH super easy to setup on windows.   Only mining light for now with CPU, but might put together a dedicated rig and install it where I have cheap electricity.  Shame I sold off all my mining GPU's after scrypt and finally X11 became unprofitable to mine.

true but who knew that a few months later FoldingCoin would find a way to mine and earn multiple coins Smiley granted, it'll be a bit before many of them are profitable. but i also have a feeling that they will continue to grow their portfolio and that a few will be very profitable. i hope OCTO is one of those.

so how much OCTO is a CPU giving you daily?

my old roommate joshycoin is sitting on a crap ton of GPU rigs. all r9 290x's. he was going to sell them on ebay but when i left KY he hadn't sold them yet.

Not sure what CPU is producing yet its my first day mining on an Intel I5, will let you know when I have been mining a day or 2

It will be a while before I can afford to start buying GPUS again spent a lot on mining Asics etc and the missus has an eye on the wallet,  I might pickup a few 270x's on the cheap at some stage and put a rig together.   I already have spare ram, mainboards CPU's and PSU's.

Not too worried about profitability for now I really see potential in counterparty(OCTO as part of that) and Foldingcoin is a great idea, mining actually doing something beneficial for humanity apart from burning fossil fuels, merge mining with it was a stroke of genius:)  

OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2015, 12:42:37 PM

http://counterparty.io/news/counterparty-update-mar-27/

as listed in the counterparty update, Robert Ross form FoldingCoin is running for the Counterparty Foundation community Director election:

"Robert Ross – Founder and director of FoldingCoin Inc, a project whose native token FLDC is the second most traded asset on the Counterparty protocol. Robert and his team successfully converted 2 traditional Altcoins, OCTO and POWC, over to the Counterparty protocol, developed a voting system in which participants to the FoldingCoin project can vote on major upcoming implementations, held a 3.4 hour interview on DogeCoinRadio explaining Counterparty, and are looking to create an Ebay style Marketplace for Counterparty tokens."

congrats to Robert for being nominated!

all of your help has been much appreciated.

cabbage2014

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 09:58:26 AM

Congratulation Robert! Thats a huge achievement in such a short space of time

OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2015, 12:06:15 AM

I just sent $5 or .0199 BTC to coindaddy.io to upgrade the OCTO account on that site. It let's us add the logo, contact info, website and social media.

I sent this from the leftover BTC from the crowd sale. That leaves a 0.17984978 balance to use towards BTC transaction fees for the OCTO folding and lottery faucet distributions.

If any of the donors have an issue with this, please let me know. Nobody seemed to mind the last payout I used it for so I went ahead and made this payment.

You can see the transaction here: http://blockscan.com/address.aspx?q=1J6eBq4otSENcBZxy6qG77ZJ9LnUPbs34N

You can also check the OCTO token info at:http://octo.xcp.coinsite.io/ when the payment completes and I can enable it.

Coindaddy has a pretty good sevice and when we are already ranked the #60 asset on http://counterpartychain.io/asset/OCTO and once we start distributing monthly to the folders and the lottery faucet we will likely move up. There is also a reputation system coming soon, so be sure to go on there and rate OCTO once it's up and running Smiley

Don't forget to continue tweeting about OCTO to bittrex and poloniex!
OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2015, 12:31:26 AM

Just updated the OCTO description to xcp.coindaddy.io/OCTO.json. Once the transaction clears and Counterparty updates this, it will show up on coindaddy.
OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2015, 08:54:18 PM

April 1st is coming soon. We will start distributions of OCTO for folders and for the 888 lottery faucet. Get your OCTO!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: