Bitcoin Forum
July 07, 2024, 09:55:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] OCTO - Resurrect 888 - New Counterparty Asset  (Read 37809 times)
OCTOPARTY (OP)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2015, 10:42:54 PM

Haha well that's what I meant. It's still considered mining to an extent. I mean you are trading computer power for payment. Different yet the same, and for a great cause. Plus you can earn more than just OCTO. I'd call it a mining lottery 😎

That's what I thought.  Been folding for a few days.  Enjoying it!!

sweet action! well that's what i was hoping for. i wanted our coin to bring some new folders to Robert. and for you guys it's a sweet deal to fold now because you get OCTO at a time when many may not see the need to add it to their folding payouts. but rest assured when it is added to bittrex or poloniex, more people will add it because they can trade it for BTC. and you get other coins like FLDC, Scotcoin and POWCoin. Robert and them also will be announcing another coin that will be added to folding and supposedly it's already a well known Counterparty asset. i suggest you follow their twitter at @foldingcoin and see who it is and add them. you may be getting a coin that is priced high already depending on who it is!!!

please note: the website is built out. i did an ok job but we really need to have a great website. we need someone to take control of this baby and make it outstanding, wouldn't you agree! we want OCTO to catch their damn eye. now the leftover BTC is sitting there and once the fees are paid for OCTO to be distributed we will still have some BTC fees monthly to cover the faucet on LTB forum. i don't see them being expensive due to the fact that we are going to pay our coin out in a batch like the burn payout.

if i were to say that i have found a web designer here in St. Pete that has a little Bitcoin knowledge and he's interested not only in fixing up our Squarespace site, but that he may also be one of the future devs, would you guys think it's a good use to use the leftover BTC we raised to get him to make the OCTO site awesome?

i'm about to skype him and discuss more in detail. i have to guage his coding knowledge, moreso for the future project than the squarespace site. but if he checks out and looks like a good fit i'd like to build a good relationship with him so we can get him involved in the porject website. i'll post links of his work here as he provides them.

or actually i may post the links of his work on the LTB OCTO forum so that you guys will have to sign up there to go see it. c'mon guys. counterparty does neat things and token access is one of them. you need to go there and look at their forum, sync your counterparty address, so that when you receive you OCTO in your Counterwallet you can access that forum.

don't forget there is an OCTOFAME token website that you must hold that token to access. since the only OCTOFAME holders are the ones who donated BTC, they will have the final say on how their money is spent. but i did want ALL of the communities input because some of you guys, even though you couldn't donate, have wonderful ideas. we want some of our ideas to stay in community. people can just read it here. if they want to read it there they have to be an OCTO or OCTOFAME holder. it keeps it semi private and away from as many trolls. we don't want to discuss all things here in the open. we want to discuss community ideas where only OCTO holders are allowed to read and discuss. it's a great features and we will have some pretty sweat uses for token access on the first project!

you all should be receiving your OCTO soon since i transferred it to Robert to be distributed. check out the forum there when you get it. any questions, check out foldingcoins youtube or letstalkbitcoin website cuz they have  walkthroughs and people to help you if needed.
OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2015, 11:02:44 PM

also, guys, if you haven't checked out the exchange in the Counterwallet, i suggest you do. 1 OCTO has already been traded for 1 XCP which is Counterparty's token. you can trade OCTO for any token there. i'd suggest trading it for XCP, FLDC, StorjCoinX, GEMZ and see what you get Smiley

i just put up 100 OCTO for sale at 1 XCP each. we will see if anyone bites or how low XCP will go for an OCTO.

there's also a chat in the wallet Smiley

to access the exchange in the wallet.

far lefthand side under my balance
click markets
you'll see top pairs and select another pair. type OCTO in under other pairs. match it with what token you want to trade octo for. like XCP. then you can view the OCTO/XCP pairs and see the prior trades and available trades. other than that it's like another exchange except a  little slower. but still you can trade in your wallet. over time they will make this a really good exchange so that you don't have to trust holding your money on an external exchange. i love it. now you cannot trade for BTC anymore like you used to because there were issues with keeping the wallet open for transactions to go through or something. but my guess is we may see BTC back in the desktop wallet if we are lucky. if not, there's plenty of other tokens to trade for.
madmartyk
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1030

Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 12:10:57 AM

I matched your order, just to get the hang of it!!

OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2015, 12:24:44 AM

pretty sweet. you should undercutt me so people might have bought from you. you know how exchanges work Tongue.

remember, you can create sales to trade OCTO for other tokens as well. we need to create some volume on there for certain tokens and see what our trading value is to get bittrex's and poloniex's attention.
FoldingCoin

Activity: 742

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 12:29:30 AM

Hey everyone, i just got in from a meeting i was at all day. I am pushing the transaction through currently for the burn address

Robert Ross - FoldingCoin Inc Administrator, Board Member -
FLDC Twitter: @foldingcoin - Skype: foldingcoin - Email: rross@foldingcoin.net - Join the Discord: Join Link My handle is @pooktwo#7260
OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2015, 01:22:07 AM

woohoo thx Robert. OCTO coming to an address near you soon!
HYPster

Activity: 192
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 01:24:31 AM

Where are mine? I burned 8 million and nothing yet. Can I get it soon or what is process?
FoldingCoin

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 01:26:46 AM

Where are mine? I burned 8 million and nothing yet. Can I get it soon or what is process?
We are currently pushing out the distribution, except to have your funds by no later then tomorrow, i just wanted to give a couple of days so everyone could verify that the amounts they should be receiving are correct. I did not receive any descrepencies so we are pushing now Cheesy

FLDC Twitter: @foldingcoin - Skype: foldingcoin - Email: rross@foldingcoin.net - Join the Discord: Join Link My handle is @pooktwo#7260
OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2015, 01:45:17 AM

the way it is distributed is a batch process where multiple transactions to different Counterparty addresses are processed at the same time. this saves Robert time from not having to send each transaction individually and it also saves us BTC for the fees since all Counterparty assets run on the Bitcoin blockchain. at least that's my understanding. should be getting it soon Smiley
FoldingCoin

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 02:09:17 AM

the way it is distributed is a batch process where multiple transactions to different Counterparty addresses are processed at the same time. this saves Robert time from not having to send each transaction individually and it also saves us BTC for the fees since all Counterparty assets run on the Bitcoin blockchain. at least that's my understanding. should be getting it soon Smiley
That is correct Kris, if anyone is interested in how this exactly works please view this video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXpWEH5mS2o&list=PLzAjhhTQ6zqfLJ4yKXGgvim9QLNEkZ_vh

It is good to note that around 3 times a month distributions can be delayed due to server upgrades.

Distributions for the OCTO burn are now fully pushing, everyone should have their burned OCTO momentarily Smiley http://blockscan.com/address?q=13vJM3U5TvMSAwvhAtNWqi4KgvkNasUEii

HYPster

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 02:10:50 AM

thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2015, 02:14:46 AM

thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dude you burned 8 million? was it in separate transactions?
OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2015, 02:25:18 AM

My OCTO has been delivered to my address Smiley

You guys go check out the LTB forum that you can only access with holding OCTO in your Counterwallet please Smiley
HYPster

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 02:30:45 AM

thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dude you burned 8 million? was it in separate transactions?

Don't call me out man.
OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2015, 02:34:09 AM

Grin
OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2015, 02:41:10 AM

you can view the assets distribution by clicking:

http://blockscan.com/assetinfo/OCTO

check the asset holders and send tabs to see who holds what % and the transactions for burn.
HYPster

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 02:44:51 AM

Thank you!!!! Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Have to say you guys are awesome and bholzer is shit!!!
OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2015, 02:48:17 AM

thanks you sir. we are just getting started Smiley
hashbrown9000

Activity: 427
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 03:14:33 AM

got my OCTO. Thanks!

Pinkcoin:
ETH:
VTC:
BTC:
FoldingCoin

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 10:05:39 AM

got my OCTO. Thanks!
No problem Smiley Looking at the blockscan, only 23% of total octo is out there now, this is great as it leaves plenty of room for expansion Cheesy

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: