Bitcoin Forum
July 07, 2024, 09:38:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] OCTO - Resurrect 888 - New Counterparty Asset  (Read 37809 times)
mafort1469

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 05:09:00 PM

So am I limited to 0.1 btc for donations or can I donate more and hence receive more OCTO on initial distribution? Thanks!
OCTOPARTY (OP)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2015, 06:20:20 PM

So am I limited to 0.1 btc for donations or can I donate more and hence receive more OCTO on initial distribution? Thanks!

No, you are not limited to BTC.1 donation. 50,000 OCTO will be split between all donaters. The more you donate the more you split. As long as we have at least 15 people who donate BTC1.5, that is what the end goal is.

So if we do not reach the goal, the 50,000 is issued. If we do reach the goal, then I will up it to 100,000 to split between all donaters.

The reason I did it this way, is so that the ones who donate more will be rewarded with more OCTO. However, we don't want the load to be on just a few people. It would be nice if we had a list of 15 or more supporters on the OCTO wall of fame. And it would make it cheaper for all parties donating.

Keep in mind, the ones who donate will be entered in a drawing for an OCTO tee when we begin selling those to raise money for the "working model" of the first project.

Also, when the donation period has ended at midnight on Feburary 28th and you all send me your Counterwallet addresses so that I can issue the OCTO, I will post your Counterwallet addresses on the OCTO wall of fame as well so that people may donate back to you in the future.

Anyone donating is making the website possible, which will make selling the tees possible, which will make the "working model" possible, which will help the crowd sale. Without the early adopters supporting this, it will take a lot longer to get going.

So, if you would like to donate more, yes you will get a larger, proportional cut of the total OCTO issued. Everyone has the option to buy in and help get the web site up and I want you guys to be rewarded as much as possible in the future.

Also, the block explorer isn't much cost and should be done syncing so will be paid today. The reason I said BTC1.5  was to guard against a drop in price before I could cash it out and pay for the website which is about $288 and a small amount of Bitcoin to cover the fees to issue the OCTO and a special token for OCTO wall of fame which will be OCTOFAME. In the future, any Counterwallet address holding the OCTOFAME token will get some special features or other goodies. I mean the token is going to be created but we will see how we use the token exactly. That's one cool feature of Counterparty. 
OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2015, 06:40:51 PM

I should reword the bounty shouldn't I. The OP doesn't do a very good job explaining it.

Ok so the goal is 1.5 bitcoin and hopefully from 15 or more people so the load is not all on a few people.

So we need to raise that much to pay for stuff and if it's less than 15 people, then issue 50,000. If it's more than 15 people donating 100,000. All OCTO split proportionally to what you donate.

The other stuff I said was the eligibility for the Tshirt drawing, your name on the OCTO Wall of Fame, your Counterwallet address on the OCTO Wall of Fame so that people can donate to you in the future (in any CP asset  Wink ) and we will issue a special token that is not divisible and you only get 1. It will be OCTOFAME. Hold that in your Counterwallet so you can access special features and get goodies in the future.

I just can't figure out how to word the first part. I mean we need as close to 1.5 as possible, specially if the BTC price drops back down closer to $200 next week.  So it's like you want to only pay out if 1.5 BTC is raised, but you need to still pay out something to the people even if we don't .

Maybe it should be this way:

if 1.5 BTC IS NOT raised, we keep what is raised to go towards the website and issue 50,000.
if 1.5 BTC IS raised, that's awesome cuz we met our goal, but it was from less than 15 people, which sux, cuz only a few ppl showed support, then we will issue 75,000.
IF 1.5 BTC is raise and it was from more than 15 people it's awesome all around and we issue the full 100,000.

I think that's perfect there. I dunno why I didn't list it like that to begin with.

P.S. OCTOFAME is purchased Smiley donate now to get that OCTOFAME token!!! I'm not sure exactly what we will do with it, but it's like having a lucky token in your pocket and every time we learn or realize some other cool idea, or issue other tokens that do special things, or whatever we can think of, because you donated, your address shows you are an OCTOFAME holder. We will keep these limited and only issue for special things like this where you guys are really showing support by helping pay for stuff, or pitching in and helping out in a pinch.
FoldingCoin

Activity: 742

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 06:50:32 PM

Just sent my 0.1 https://blockchain.info/tx/05d2fe05196b9416344e702ce742156327b815eda2a8cc34d24336d3b17ac004

What you might want to think about doing, is instead of people posting the transaction ID, have them donate their BTC from a Counterwallet address. Then you have a list of all the people that will receive the token OCTOFAME and OCTO and their actual counterwallet address. So you will simply send the bounty to the address that sent you BTC. Let me know if you want more information on this Cheesy

Robert Ross - FoldingCoin Inc Administrator, Board Member -
FLDC Twitter: @foldingcoin - Skype: foldingcoin - Email: rross@foldingcoin.net - Join the Discord: Join Link My handle is @pooktwo#7260
madmartyk
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1030

Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 06:54:15 PM

Sent .2 BTC to: Address: 1fff2DwPLF3gYCgTL8HBNsLkmJfrhn5rd
TxId: 4f373af08e3437f40f9826bcce618059f7517e3422710d210552ee9754926122

OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2015, 07:11:27 PM

Sent .2 BTC to: Address: 1fff2DwPLF3gYCgTL8HBNsLkmJfrhn5rd
TxId: 4f373af08e3437f40f9826bcce618059f7517e3422710d210552ee9754926122

Thanks! Added you to the wall! Much appreciated.
mafort1469

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 07:18:18 PM

I should reword the bounty shouldn't I. The OP doesn't do a very good job explaining it.

Ok so the goal is 1.5 bitcoin and hopefully from 15 or more people so the load is not all on a few people.

So we need to raise that much to pay for stuff and if it's less than 15 people, then issue 50,000. If it's more than 15 people donating 100,000. All OCTO split proportionally to what you donate.

The other stuff I said was the eligibility for the Tshirt drawing, your name on the OCTO Wall of Fame, your Counterwallet address on the OCTO Wall of Fame so that people can donate to you in the future (in any CP asset  Wink ) and we will issue a special token that is not divisible and you only get 1. It will be OCTOFAME. Hold that in your Counterwallet so you can access special features and get goodies in the future.

I just can't figure out how to word the first part. I mean we need as close to 1.5 as possible, specially if the BTC price drops back down closer to $200 next week.  So it's like you want to only pay out if 1.5 BTC is raised, but you need to still pay out something to the people even if we don't .

Maybe it should be this way:

if 1.5 BTC IS NOT raised, we keep what is raised to go towards the website and issue 50,000.
if 1.5 BTC IS raised, that's awesome cuz we met our goal, but it was from less than 15 people, which sux, cuz only a few ppl showed support, then we will issue 75,000.
IF 1.5 BTC is raise and it was from more than 15 people it's awesome all around and we issue the full 100,000.

I think that's perfect there. I dunno why I didn't list it like that to begin with.

P.S. OCTOFAME is purchased Smiley donate now to get that OCTOFAME token!!! I'm not sure exactly what we will do with it, but it's like having a lucky token in your pocket and every time we learn or realize some other cool idea, or issue other tokens that do special things, or whatever we can think of, because you donated, your address shows you are an OCTOFAME holder. We will keep these limited and only issue for special things like this where you guys are really showing support by helping pay for stuff, or pitching in and helping out in a pinch.

Hey I can assure you we will get the 1.5 that we need. I will wait until next Saturday to see how many people donate. If more than 1.5 then great and if not then I will make up the difference as I want this to happen! Thanks and I'll be watching closely.

Edit: I will send another 0.1 btc later today anyway.
OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2015, 07:19:31 PM

Just sent my 0.1 https://blockchain.info/tx/05d2fe05196b9416344e702ce742156327b815eda2a8cc34d24336d3b17ac004

What you might want to think about doing, is instead of people posting the transaction ID, have them donate their BTC from a Counterwallet address. Then you have a list of all the people that will receive the token OCTOFAME and OCTO and their actual counterwallet address. So you will simply send the bounty to the address that sent you BTC. Let me know if you want more information on this Cheesy

Thanks Robert! Yes in hindsight I should have used a CP address. This is my first contest I've held  Grin can you tell?

I'll get with you to discuss for future projects. I guess anyone else can send from CP.

I just made an extra address in my multibit wallet to accept the donations since it's such a small amount. I wish I had done it in Counterwallet.

I also notice that depending on the user sending from different types of wallets the fees are different. Coinsbase is zero fees so when they said they donated .101 it didn't take the fee off. When they said they donated .2 it shows up as .1998.

I'm not sure If I should just use the nearest satoshi when splitting or what.

This was definitely a fly by the seat of my pants contest but we def have the block explorer paid for and about halfway to the website.

Looking good.
OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2015, 07:23:17 PM

Appreciate it mafort. That's awesome that you would help out. Hopefully more people pitch in. Although, I understand not eveyone has the ability to spare money.

I know if I had to I would just pay for it all, but it would be the lower end $8 a month one and honestly that would work. But the shipping, accounting and other features will be an all in one solution and probably easier to use once you get used to it.

Plus unlimited storage, bandwidth and contributors to the website will be nice.
OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2015, 07:39:48 PM

Added FoldingCoin to the wall of fame! Thanks!
OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2015, 08:16:10 PM

In case you guys didn't know: FoldingCoin has their own YouTube channel with some pretty good videos and tutorials related to Counterparty, LTB forum integration, folding and merged mining.
FoldingCoin

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 08:46:09 PM

In case you guys didn't know: FoldingCoin has their own YouTube channel with some pretty good videos and tutorials related to Counterparty, LTB forum integration, folding and merged mining.
When you get a chance, the next video we need to make is a TCA video and i would love to setup OCTO private forums as the video. Let me know if you can do that today with me

FLDC Twitter: @foldingcoin - Skype: foldingcoin - Email: rross@foldingcoin.net - Join the Discord: Join Link My handle is @pooktwo#7260
OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2015, 08:53:06 PM

Yeah I can. I want to see how that is done anyways. That's pretty cool because OCTO holders are the only ones that access it. I mean if you wanted to you could even have a forum for devs only by issuing a dev token for the coin. When you think about the possibilities of the action, without it applied to a forum, it has really good possibilities. You could apply that same thought towards many different websites, chats, apps. Pretty crazy.

I am about to run to the grocery but I'll be around to set up the forum when I get back.
OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2015, 08:56:37 PM

I could see where you sell access to something and a token is distributed as proof of payment.
OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2015, 10:17:22 PM

For those of you that are new to Counterparty: Be aware that sometimes, since it's a web wallet, there are issues with logging in. I'm experiencing that right now. I've had it happen here and there. The good news is, I believe Counterparty is currently working on a desktop wallet.

http://counterparty.io/news/counterparty-development-update-10/

You can also use Counterparty-D which is the command line wallet.

I stick with Counterwallet but like I said they have login issues every now and then. But it usually clears and for any reason if it doesn't they have a forum and Glitter chat for support. You can also submit a support ticket.

I haven't ever used support, I have just checked back later and was able to log in.
FoldingCoin

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 11:18:57 PM

For those of you that are new to Counterparty: Be aware that sometimes, since it's a web wallet, there are issues with logging in. I'm experiencing that right now. I've had it happen here and there. The good news is, I believe Counterparty is currently working on a desktop wallet.

http://counterparty.io/news/counterparty-development-update-10/

You can also use Counterparty-D which is the command line wallet.

I stick with Counterwallet but like I said they have login issues every now and then. But it usually clears and for any reason if it doesn't they have a forum and Glitter chat for support. You can also submit a support ticket.

I haven't ever used support, I have just checked back later and was able to log in.
Correct, this does happen and often due to a new update or patch. Also Counterparty is still new, and like most everything in this space, including Bitcoin, is in beta. But its development is coming along smoothly and the features they are implementing are fantastic.

FoldingCoin

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 12:28:27 AM

The FoldingCoin Inc team is proud to announce that we will be holding monthly live Google hangouts for donors and those of interest to ask us questions directly. Don’t be afraid to ask anything you would like and we would love to answer them. We will be hosting these on the first Sunday of every month at 3:00pm EST, so mark your calendars.

Also connect with us on our public Skype chat - "FLDC Public Discussion"

The first meeting will be March 1st 2015 at 3:00PM EST and more information can be found here http://foldingcoin.net/public-monthly-meetings/

This would be a good chance for this community to ask about Merged Folding and any other questions about our team.

OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2015, 01:38:15 AM

The FoldingCoin Inc team is proud to announce that we will be holding monthly live Google hangouts for donors and those of interest to ask us questions directly. Don’t be afraid to ask anything you would like and we would love to answer them. We will be hosting these on the first Sunday of every month at 3:00pm EST, so mark your calendars.

Also connect with us on our public Skype chat - "FLDC Public Discussion"

The first meeting will be March 1st 2015 at 3:00PM EST and more information can be found here http://foldingcoin.net/public-monthly-meetings/

This would be a good chance for this community to ask about Merged Folding and any other questions about our team.

I'll be driving to Florida but if I can find a place with wifi to stop and take a break and participate for a bit. I would hope that most of the OCTO community would like to attend to get a better understanding of not only merged mining and how this will distribute some OCTO but also take a chance to learn about Counterparty in general and the different features that FoldingCoin and others are using. There are going to be exciting things happening on the Counterparty platform and we need people to become well educated so that when we are discussing OCTO and it's uses and future projects people can give great input. You never know, these meetings may inspire you to lead your own OCTO or Counterparty projects.
OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2015, 01:43:22 AM

I've been writing an overall OCTO plan today to go over with the FoldingCoin devs. Have I missed anyone going to the Wall of Fame?
OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2015, 01:59:29 AM

Block Explorer has synced. That does not mean we are starting the burn but we are one step closer  Grin

http://blockexperts.com/888

I am sending the payment now. Since I only created an extra address in my multibit wallet, it may not show sent from the actual address that you paid into. I will post all transactions and ID's so that you can see all funds. I will keep this as transparent as possible so that you will see that ALL funds are raised are either paid to the block explorer, sent to Coinbase for me to cash out and pay for the website, sent to a wallet to pay for the fees of the burn and OCTOFAME distribution and any leftover will be given back to the community along with some more issued OCTO. Feel free to ask any questions at any point if you do not agree or have a better suggestion for this.

Next time I will just create a Counterwallet address for any BTC we raise.

Time to pay for the block explorer:

BlockExperts Support
AttachmentsFeb 20 (1 day ago)

to me
Hi,

Thank you.

You can transfer 0.10 BTC to 1E5LmTsNJN3j6gwQ6RJX2x5Mo5BGX5ETyB
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

.1 BTC paid 1E5LmTsNJN3j6gwQ6RJX2x5Mo5BGX5ETyB

f9b7555974e6fad33d586256405cb3068d96c7018657cf730ea8266aeaadd2ae

Paid from an address in my wallet: 1FT1srpj8WLMNMmyLVF26E1GWCzPzERfD5

Kris Tharp <kristharp78@gmail.com>
7:59 PM (0 minutes ago)

to BlockExperts
Thanks so much! Sent .1 BTC

f9b7555974e6fad33d586256405cb3068d96c7018657cf730ea8266aeaadd2ae
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: