Bitcoin Forum
July 30, 2024, 07:45:51 AM *
News: Help 1Dq create 15th anniversary forum artwork.

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] OCTO - Resurrect 888 - New Counterparty Asset  (Read 37811 times)
OCTOPARTY (OP)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2015, 07:14:13 PM

And you will be able to mine OCTO with FoldingCoin's merged mining using your GPU/CPU for quite a long time. You won't even need an asic to earn more OCTO in the future.
OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2015, 07:36:02 PM

Ok - so say I have 50k 888 coin.  Is this small change?  Not worth messing with for me?

so do you offer media service? any links to your work?
FoldingCoin

Activity: 742

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 07:47:40 PM

And you will be able to mine OCTO with FoldingCoin's merged mining using your GPU/CPU for quite a long time. You won't even need an asic to earn more OCTO in the future.
Thats correct, and to make sure we are on the same page, you CANT use ASICs to earn FLDC.

FAH uses a different computational process, FLOPS, not hashes. ASICs have not been developed for this yet that are economically available to the public.

Robert Ross - FoldingCoin Inc Administrator, Board Member -
FLDC Twitter: @foldingcoin - Skype: foldingcoin - Email: rross@foldingcoin.net - Join the Discord: Join Link My handle is @pooktwo#7260
hdmediaservices

Activity: 630
Merit: 504

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 07:53:44 PM

Ok - so say I have 50k 888 coin.  Is this small change?  Not worth messing with for me?

so do you offer media service? any links to your work?

Hi - we're more of a old media (tape formats from 1960's-1990's) to digital file conversion company for companies and government entities.  You can see my latest venture at tapescan.com -- not trying to plug - lol - as we're really busy and I have a new baby at home (oh the late nights!) 

mafort1469

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 08:02:23 PM

OK, I just sent 0.101.

138178cfed5ef6298403ec0adb70f72137a2b9ad089b1782374d0b114e24b13d

Thanks.
OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2015, 08:02:45 PM

no problem, i asked  Grin, and a shameless plug never hurts. as long as it's not spam i doubt anyone cares.
OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2015, 08:04:27 PM

OK, I just sent 0.101.

138178cfed5ef6298403ec0adb70f72137a2b9ad089b1782374d0b114e24b13d

Thanks.

Thanks Mafort! Adding you to the wall Smiley
mafort1469

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 08:13:23 PM

Thanks! Also I think FixIt sent .101 so the wall only says .1 so maybe make them all say 0.1 or are you doing whatever is sent?
FoldingCoin

Activity: 742

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 08:25:53 PM

It looks like we have a working Block Explorer! =)

I got an email from BlockExperts saying it was up and running;

http://blockexperts.com/888

It will take a while longer to fully load the block chain and sync up but is looking pretty good.  It still needs paying for but rather than paying for it directly I figured I'd start the donations rolling for the official donations address so it can be paid from there.  So, I sent BTC0.1 (TxId: 3398278d7ede920d13a8bb9ee1e0ee043b22c0219d109407faf5ceb772d8a13b).  We'll need at least one more small donation before we can pay for it (I forgot to add some for the transaction fee).

This explorer should also have a Rich List when it's synched which is something we didn't have before, that will be interesting to see!

/SquidsIn

FYI, you may want to have http://blockexperts.com/888 change the bitcointalk ANN page to this one, it is currently set to the old one

Robert Ross - FoldingCoin Inc Administrator, Board Member -
FLDC Twitter: @foldingcoin - Skype: foldingcoin - Email: rross@foldingcoin.net - Join the Discord: Join Link My handle is @pooktwo#7260
OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2015, 08:53:35 PM

Thanks! Also I think FixIt sent .101 so the wall only says .1 so maybe make them all say 0.1 or are you doing whatever is sent?

Well it looks like you sent .101, Fixit meant that he sent .101 when you include the fee. The actual transaction was still for .1 BTC. If you had sent .1 instead of .101, technically you still could have paid the fee. See the transaction list here:

https://blockchain.info/address/1fff2DwPLF3gYCgTL8HBNsLkmJfrhn5rd

All are .1 transactions except your .101 transaction. All of you probably paid a fee unless your wallet has the fee turned off and it probably would have taken longer for the network to see the transaction with fees disabled Smiley

Thanks for donating man, it really means a lot. I also am glad to see that multiple people are throwing in. It keeps it cheaper for everyone. It also gives us a little more BTC to get the unlimited professional package, which will service the community better than the personal package. I've never had the business package but if we raise enough we can afford it. It looks like the label printing and accounting features might be helpful though for selling items. The plan is to work with a screen printer to get some cool OCTO tees and items to sell on the site. I'll start looking into that when I get to Tampa. I may also take the people who donate and have a drawing for a free tshirt to one of you lucky fools. I'll leave my name out of the drawing for that.

http://www.squarespace.com/pricing/
mafort1469

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 09:17:26 PM

Well it looks like you sent .101, Fixit meant that he sent .101 when you include the fee. The actual transaction was still for .1 BTC. If you had sent .1 instead of .101, technically you still could have paid the fee. See the transaction list here:

All are .1 transactions except your .101 transaction. All of you probably paid a fee unless your wallet has the fee turned off and it probably would have taken longer for the network to see the transaction with fees disabled Smiley

Thanks for donating man, it really means a lot. I also am glad to see that multiple people are throwing in. It keeps it cheaper for everyone. It also gives us a little more BTC to get the unlimited professional package, which will service the community better than the personal package. I've never had the business package but if we raise enough we can afford it. It looks like the label printing and accounting features might be helpful though for selling items. The plan is to work with a screen printer to get some cool OCTO tees and items to sell on the site. I'll start looking into that when I get to Tampa. I may also take the people who donate and have a drawing for a free tshirt to one of you lucky fools. I'll leave my name out of the drawing for that.

Ah, gotcha on the fee. I sent it from coinbase which doesn't charge me any fee. Anyway you can just make mine 0.1 on the list so they all look the same. Good news on the website and block explorer!
OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2015, 09:49:12 PM

Yeah I sent my .1 from coinbase as well. I'll try to start the website layout this weekend. It may take me a little time with my packing, finishing work up here and moving to Florida. Plus family stuff before I leave. But I should have it up an running sometime soon. I may have to do a few revisions to get it perfect.
hdmediaservices

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 10:03:31 PM

Yeah I sent my .1 from coinbase as well. I'll try to start the website layout this weekend. It may take me a little time with my packing, finishing work up here and moving to Florida. Plus family stuff before I leave. But I should have it up an running sometime soon. I may have to do a few revisions to get it perfect.

What part of Florida?

OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2015, 10:06:07 PM

What part of Florida?

Tampa/Clearwater area. March 1st I'm driving down.
hdmediaservices

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 10:11:34 PM

What part of Florida?

Ahh - that's where most of my family lives.  Ever been to Dunedin?

OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2015, 10:13:44 PM

What part of Florida?

Ahh - that's where most of my family lives.  Ever been to Dunedin?

Yeah man, I visited there last November. I went all up and down HWY 19 there so I went through Dunedin quite a bit.
hdmediaservices

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 10:27:59 PM

Good 'ole HWY 19 -- LOL -- so much traffic.  I miss FL -- much warmer and drier than the NW.

OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2015, 10:37:37 PM

Good 'ole HWY 19 -- LOL -- so much traffic.  I miss FL -- much warmer and drier than the NW.

Exactly, which is why i'm moving there for awhile. Plus the Bitcoin scene is growing pretty well there with St. Pete having the Bitcoin Bowl. Pretty exciting place to live as far as crypto is concerned. They are turning some of those small beach towns into Bitcoin cities. It will be interesting to see how the next 2-3 years grows in a place that is embracing early adoption.
OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2015, 12:23:51 AM
Last edit: February 21, 2015, 01:24:13 AM by OCTOPARTY

If you don't know much about Counterparty here is a great interview with Robert from FoldingCoin explaining Assets and features.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9fke0Z22NQ

They also discuss FoldingCoin, folding@home and distributing Counterparty Assets.

OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2015, 01:32:05 PM

Donate BTC to the address below by Saturday February 28th. Your name will be added to the OCTO Wall of Fame and the 50,000 OCTO Bounty will be split between the donators. As soon as you donate to the address please follow Squids footsteps and post the transaction ID with the amount you sent. If we receive more than 15 unique screen names who have donated BTC.1 or more, then I will up the 50,000 OCTO bounty to 100,000. BTC.1 x 15 users = 1.5 BTC. All funds will be used to pay for block explorer, website and BTC fees to transfer OCTO out to users during the burn. Any left over BTC will be used to pay out another bounty. I will keep zero BTC after the block explorer, website and transfer of OCTO is complete. The remaining BTC, if any, will be immediately offered in another bounty along with some more OCTO.

Donation Address: 1fff2DwPLF3gYCgTL8HBNsLkmJfrhn5rd

We are up to BTC.4. The block explorer is on 64 days away and should complete the sync today so I'll send them the BTC.1 we owe them.

Trying to get at least the professional. If we raise the full amount so we can get the business one, then not only does the OCTO count go to 100.000 to split, all donators besides myself will be entered in a drawing for an OCTO tee that will be put for sale on the site.

Once the website is complete, I'll begin work on the tees. I have some pretty cool ideas for the shirts, which is exciting. But even more exciting, all profit from sales on the website will go towards beginning funding a "working model" of the first project. One of the things discussed was planning a crowd sale. Most coins/tokens/assets might have great ideas but no "working model" usually won't have a good crowd sale. If we do a crowd sale, it needs to be a good investment. It needs to have a return to fund the project fully. Developers might donate some work for free at first, but most cannot afford to work full time/part time on projects for free.

So, the initial goal will be getting a working model off the ground and issuing a test coin along with items sold. The test coin can then be used to play on a "working model" and allow access to a special forum only for those test coin holders to leave feedback. If we can get the "working model" up and running and advertise the hell out of it, we may be able to get enough interest to roll that into a crowd sale fairly quickly.

More news soon. Thanks for the support guys.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: