Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 05:51:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] OCTO - Resurrect 888 - New Counterparty Asset  (Read 37792 times)
madmartyk
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1030

Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 12:46:16 AM

Just bought a R9 290X on Flea-Bay for $220 shipped.  Just an FYI

Sweet. What brand? How much memory?

Also, I put or best offer on these. I priced them below what I saw new on Amazon. But, I realize it may not bring that much.

Same as the gigabyte ones you have.  Just wanted a bit extra folding power!!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
OCTOPARTY (OP)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2015, 12:57:04 AM

Just bought a R9 290X on Flea-Bay for $220 shipped.  Just an FYI

Sweet. What brand? How much memory?

Also, I put or best offer on these. I priced them below what I saw new on Amazon. But, I realize it may not bring that much.

Same as the gigabyte ones you have.  Just wanted a bit extra folding power!!

awesome. yeah they are great cards. the tri-x cards are awesome also. the majority of cards we were mining with were sapphire 290x and when you overclocked them they got a ton of hash. but then they burned out. my roommate bought these about the time we were switching over to scrypt asics and they have been collecting dust since. ran them between 1-3 months before it didn't make sense anymore competing with all the asics.
kryptologist

Activity: 714

@kryptographer

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 03:48:43 AM

Could someone please tell me how many coins are in distribution? is it 88.8 million or were some of those burned? thanks
OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2015, 04:22:20 AM

Could someone please tell me how many coins are in distribution? is it 88.8 million or were some of those burned? thanks

Nope, Octocoin, the altcoin had 88,888,888 total coins. When they abandoned the coin, there were roughly 40 million coins in circulation. We held a burn for Octocoin and burned just under 20 million coins and distributed a 1:1 trade for OCTO the Counterparty asset.

Burn to this address: https://blockexperts.com/888/address/8burnYouroctoHere4oCToPartyXRcdDgX

If you want to see the current distribution of the total number of OCTO:

Total is 88.8 million (88,800,000). The token is locked so we cannot create anymore.

Coinmarketcap.com shows we have 25,049,569 in circulation currently.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rMnVbv5Q0FfVuMspnlDm7qfxm9D6UagoZbS1fYqZIRM/edit?usp=sharing

The link above is our distro tracking sheet and you can see it matches. There are 63,750,430 left to distribute over the next few years.

kryptologist

Activity: 714

@kryptographer

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 04:51:06 AM

Nope, Octocoin, the altcoin had 88,888,888 total coins. When they abandoned the coin, there were roughly 40 million coins in circulation. We held a burn for Octocoin and burned just under 20 million coins and distributed a 1:1 trade for OCTO the Counterparty asset.

Burn to this address: https://blockexperts.com/888/address/8burnYouroctoHere4oCToPartyXRcdDgX

Total is 88.8 million (88,800,000). The token is locked so we cannot create anymore.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rMnVbv5Q0FfVuMspnlDm7qfxm9D6UagoZbS1fYqZIRM/edit?usp=sharing

The link above is our distro tracking sheet and you can see it matches. There are 63,750,430 left to distribute over the next few years.

Thanks, how many are mined per day? per month?
OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2015, 05:31:17 AM

Thanks, how many are mined per day? per month?

OCTO distribution for folding will be as follows:

Year 2015 - 19,726 per day with the years total distribution coming to 5,878,348 OCTO
Year 2016 - 11,506 per day with the years total distribution coming to 4,199,690 OCTO
Year 2017 - 9,863 per day with the years total distribution coming to 3,599,995 OCTO
Year 2018 - 8,219 per day with the years total distribution coming to 2,999,935 OCTO
Year 2019 - 6,575 per day with the years total distribution coming to 2,399,875 OCTO
Year 2020 - 4,931 per day with the years total distribution coming to 1,799,815 OCTO
Year 2021 - 3,287 per day with the years total distribution coming to 1,199,755 OCTO
Year 2022 - 1,643 per day with the years total distribution coming to 599,695 OCTO

That's only a total of about 23 million committed to folding@home over 8 years, some of which has already been distributed in 2015.

http://foldingcoin.net/octoparty/ shows the daily stats for folders. We distribute them once a month and add the distro to the tracking document.

We also do a lottery faucet (well some months is a lottery, here lately i have just given 888 tokens to all users because the replies are low). This faucet lets users reply once a month with their Counterparty address and we distro between 1-888 tokens to the user. We committed to about 330,000 OCTO to be distributed this first year. Until OCTO grows, we won't know how we will keep doing this. For now it's great way to distro some tokens.

https://letstalkbitcoin.com/forum/post/octo-888-lottery-faucet

The rest of the tokens will be determined by what types of projects we do. They could be used to crowdsale or used in another way for a project related to gaming or something else we decide on. For now, they are just held until we have a reason to use them.
OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2015, 10:17:16 PM

I am selling 6 Gigabyte Radeon R9 290X 4 GB cards & 4 Sapphire Tri-X R9 290X 4 GB cards. If you are folding or if you plan to mine Ethereum, these will be great for you. Or if you are looking for a great gaming card, this is the one.

http://www.amazon.com/Gigabyte-GDDR5-4GB-2xDVI-Graphics-GV-R929XOC-4GD/dp/B00HS866AK

http://www.amazon.com/Sapphire-Version-PCI-Express-Graphics-11226-00-40G/dp/B00HJOKARI/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1438659711&sr=1-1&keywords=sapphire+tri-x+r9+290x

$300 each or best offer. You will save some money buying these used. They hash great. They only mined about 3 months total. Most were NOT running 24/7 or overclocked while mining. They are still in great shape.

Really nice cards, shame your in US.   I'd be interested only for I would get murdered with customs and VAT:(  Still you should have no trouble at all selling those both fantastic gaming cards.

If you are interested, make an offer. I will let my roommate know. He may go lower.
FogHorn_LegHorn

Activity: 245
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 02:19:28 AM

What an ugly as shit couch!
OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2015, 03:24:44 AM

What an ugly as shit couch!

Hey, I like this couch.
OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2015, 06:54:46 PM

I am selling 6 Gigabyte Radeon R9 290X 4 GB cards & 4 Sapphire Tri-X R9 290X 4 GB cards. If you are folding or if you plan to mine Ethereum, these will be great for you. Or if you are looking for a great gaming card, this is the one.

http://www.amazon.com/Gigabyte-GDDR5-4GB-2xDVI-Graphics-GV-R929XOC-4GD/dp/B00HS866AK

http://www.amazon.com/Sapphire-Version-PCI-Express-Graphics-11226-00-40G/dp/B00HJOKARI/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1438659711&sr=1-1&keywords=sapphire+tri-x+r9+290x

$300 each or best offer. You will save some money buying these used. They hash great. They only mined about 3 months total. Most were NOT running 24/7 or overclocked while mining. They are still in great shape.

Really nice cards, shame your in US.   I'd be interested only for I would get murdered with customs and VAT:(  Still you should have no trouble at all selling those both fantastic gaming cards.

If you are interested, make an offer. I will let my roommate know. He may go lower.

My roommate has dropped the price to $250 per card.
Blawpaw
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1027

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 05:07:29 AM

I have been folding for some time and already received some OCTO Wink

I would like to know more about the roadmap for this Token. what will be its main utility?

currently the price is very Low so I might as well hold it to sell at better prices!
OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2015, 04:48:03 PM

I have been folding for some time and already received some OCTO Wink

I would like to know more about the roadmap for this Token. what will be its main utility?

currently the price is very Low so I might as well hold it to sell at better prices!

This token was created from the altcoin Octocoin, after it was abandoned by the original devs. Community moved to Counterparty. We burned Octocoins to create and distribute the first OCTO tokens. We set up a distro plan for folding@home and through the LTB faucet.

As for a road map and projects, it is certainly unclear at this point. I have spoken with and talked to devs about doing some things for OCTO but nobody will work for only OCTO. They would like some Bitcoin as well.

So, for now, we are still looking for devs. We do have one person that has began work on a Bitcoin directory that will use OCTO but it is very early stages.

We are always looking for devs who may have interest in building something with OCTO. We will fund them with a high amount of OCTO for their work. We also have  swapbot set up to raise BTC to fund devs with BTC. Sales have been fairly low.

http://swapbot.tokenly.com/public/FrameLAlife/1feaa10d-b793-4abb-801d-7b782581faa5#choose

If you want to help raise some BTC, please consider purchasing OCTO from the swapbot. This swapbot is for the purpose of funding devs who can give OCTO more value and a use for the token on their creations.
OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2015, 09:37:50 PM

Cards marked down to $200. Message me.
ph.amracyshop

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 04:34:42 AM

Great cards. Awesome!
cabbage2014

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 08:57:30 AM
Last edit: September 16, 2015, 09:08:29 AM by cabbage2014

Hey guys it's gotten awful quiet here so I'm going to put this out there.  I would like to propose selling some game-keys for OCTO.  It is a way of helping support the OCTO(and prevent delisting) price while also getting something in return.  This one is for FPS fans, and I would like to see others to do something similar.  It would also require someone trustworthy to do ESCROW.  Getting the game keys would require buying OCTO on Bittrex(from todays date) and sending a screenshot of that purchase, I will not take hoarded OCTO.  

I am also open to contributing a percentage(or even all the OCTO towards the lottery Faucet or wherever the community sees fit)

Anyway here is the list of games and prices I propose(Uplay Keys).

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six®     -  10,000 OCTO

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six® 3 Gold (Raven Shield / Athena Sword)      - 10,000 OCTO

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six® Vegas    -  10,000 OCTO

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Chaos Theory®    -  10,000 OCTO

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon®     -   10,0000 OCTO

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six® Siege - Multiplayer Beta     -  10,000 OCTO

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six® Vegas 2    -  10,000  OCTO

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction™ Deluxe Edition    -   10,000 OCTO

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell®    -   10,000 OCTO

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier™       -   10,000 OCTO

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell® Blacklist™         -   10,000 OCTO

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Double Agent®       -   10,000 OCTO

Tom Clancy's EndWar™    -   10,000 OCTO

Let me know what you all think!

OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2015, 05:27:17 AM

I have had some interest from a dev in having some talks about OCTO and the Fantasy sports/Fantasy MMA site. They actually have their own project geared towards fantasy sports and ran across a listing I had looking for devs.

Nothing to get too excited about. But figured I'd let you guys know I will be speaking with these guys soon. I had a brief 15 minute convo and a few texts. I'm not sure exactly how this will fit in with OCTO yet.

If they are decent developers that can get the job done, you never know, they may be the ones to get that kind of project off the ground for us.

I'll update you when I know more. For now I'm waiting on more info from them.

OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2015, 06:55:26 PM

We will see. I know that the guy i've spoken with has a small team with 1 dev, himself and a person that handles VC investment. I'm not clear on what the relationship will be with OCTO, however, I hope to speak with them at the very least in helping us build a fantasy MMA platform. In return of course they would receive quite a large sum of OCTO and some BTC from a token sale. We will see how this works out. I also received an email from another dev who has similar interests. I do not know much about him yet. I am scheduled to speak with him sometime this week whenever we can have our schedules meet.

I am hoping that we can really finally dive into the fantasy MMA or fantasy sports as a whole. Even if they decide to develop their own platform, we may be able to pay them to develop ours. And I personally do have something to offer them in form of crowd sell ideas.

Fingers crossed. I'm hoping this may lead to something good. In reality, no matter how you cut it, you need to have some proof of what you are working on and an ideal scenario includes a dumbed down working model. The hardest part of finding a dev to do this is having someone do the work to create a working model with little to no funding minus the offering of OCTO. We do not have enough Bitcoin, nor does anyone in their right mind want to give Bitcoin to a swapbot or crowd sale in HOPES that you actually build something so they see a return on their investment.

We will see! I'll keep updates coming as the talks proceed.
OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2015, 12:27:16 AM

So, I spoke with one guy this afternoon. He is not a dev, but he is part of a team that has a dev. I do not think that the dev is very high level or well versed in Counterparty. They may not want to be involved in OCTO but may be able to offer OCTO development services in the future as they grow their plan to  build a fantasy sports site.

However, I will continue to speak and work with them on a normal basis because they may lead us to a dev, or contract out their dev to us if we can come to an agreement. They are in the early stages like us.

I do have an actual developer from Washington DC that may be a good fit. We are planning to speak this weekend if our schedules permit. I'm hoping that he may be more what we are looking for.

Nonetheless, it is good to see people see potential in this idea. I also was shocked to see that most of the devs I have spoken with are not to familiar with Counterparty and that shows that even Counterparty is still a small niche in the Bitcoin ecosystem. I suspect with the success of other tokens like GEMZ, STORJ and specially Spells of Genesis BITCRYSTALS, that this will change in the coming year.

On a high note, if anyone does not know, you can now download an iOS/Android wallet for Counterparty that is great to use OCTO with. The app is called Indie Square and it has a red checkered logo. They really have spiced up the UI in the last update and made this wallet user friendly. It is the ONLY mobile wallet for Counterparty tokens and this newest version works great. I am super impressed.

A recent XCP Update podcast, Robert from FoldingCoin interviewed the guy that helped Koji and Indie Square update the UI. They also talked about Spells of Genesis integration with Indie Square's mobile wallet in their upcoming game. It shows that CP is going to be a great tool for developing games. Which is why I think it's a great idea for OCTO to get in on this action.

Part of the interview they discussed Indie Square developing an API so that you can integrate the wallet, tools and CP into your app. I do wonder if this will work well for desktop web integrations as well. However, it doesn't really matter. Mobile is huge and mobile also fits with fantasy sports. If we can find a way to build a mobile version of a fantasy MMA app that uses the Indie Square API to allow us to use OCTO as the token to play with, that may be the way to go.

I would rather have a desktop web version, but when it comes to giving OCTO value, I wouldn't say that has to be first. SOG is doing a great thing building their mobile trading card arcade game on Counterparty. And, I wouldn't say that may not be the best way to go. You also see huge support from the Tokenly swapbots selling the SOG cards every week. Now, Indie Square is coming on board for the wallet in the game.

Sometimes the best thing to do in our situation is let other build the pieces and integrate their APIs in our site and only white list our token as the access token to play with. Instant value for OCTO and not very costly on our end for development.

I do wish that we could find a good dev though that would be interested in equity in OCTO, future crowd sale funds and of course profits from the site. So that is the end goal. Even they would love to be able to use some already built tools and APIs to make the development of our game easier.

I'll be back with more once I speak with the other dev. Have a good weekend!
OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2015, 10:02:53 PM

interesting news: Octocoin is back with a new wallet and dev... in case anyone cares or still holds Octocoin.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1243963.0

In OCTO news, I am still talking with the dev team about the possible Fantasy MMA site for OCTO. I also am interviewing artists regarding the trading card aspect of the fantasy sports site.

I attempted to do a last moment alpha test for the Dan Henderson vs Vitor Belfort card but I had no response. We will actually promote the next one further out.

Here is one of the artists early graphic for the first trading card:

http://imgur.com/o4jIEwY

We still have more artists to interview. We still have a lot of planning. However, we are making some connections needed and have a few extra people working on an actual dev team for the site. More news coming soon!

Stay tuned for the Alpha test. We would love to have a good turnout to test the game idea with the trading card aspect included in the betting and gameplay.
hashbrown9000

Activity: 427
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 05:29:29 PM

Need some help recovering my counterparty web wallet. I went to my quick access link for the wallet and was directed to change the link to wallet.counterparty.io, instead of counterparty.io. I put in my quick access password and the new wallet opened up with a different BTC address with 0 coins.

I know my old counterparty address and tried to import it, but it did not work.  has anyone else had these issues?

Pinkcoin:
ETH:
VTC:
BTC:
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: