Bitcoin Forum
July 07, 2024, 10:05:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] OCTO - Resurrect 888 - New Counterparty Asset  (Read 37809 times)
OCTOPARTY (OP)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2015, 02:38:37 PM
Last edit: February 24, 2015, 02:57:39 PM by OCTOPARTY

605700 OCTO BURNED!!

those are yours in the 50,000 chunks?

NM those are yours lol. That's fine. You did fill out he sheet Smiley

Guys, we have ad quite a few transactions over 50,000. It's safe to say that you can send all you Octocoin to one address in your Octocoin wallet, then send in one transaction to the burn address. It will make it a little easier on us when we go to send back out. No problem though Smiley

And remember, between the block explorer and your wallet, we will be able to figure out if anything goes wrong. If something weird happens just let us know. We aren't out here to tell you sorry, we can't issue you OCTO because you lost your coins in some weird way. I'm pretty confident the blockchain is running fine at this point, weirdly. I mean I was super worried until the point that I sent almost 200,000 to my address then to the burn address. And it does take a few blocks past the 8 confirmations before the block explorer may update it. I just wrote down the block I saw the transaction total in when it posted. A bit later you can click that block and see the trans from your address to the burn address. It's always scary to think you may have lost coins.

Don't worry too much. This explorer works and will show the trans Smiley

And whatever yo do! Don't forget to send them to one address in your wallet if you have multiple receiving addresses. It will show an in wallet transaction to one of your own addresses. Then submit you Octocoin address and Counterwallet address with the total in the google document in the link:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/16a6AvxrfOQ_gzMrM3tH2iRlBvPX-OSge4QG_2rLDkYQ/viewform?usp=send_form

To see the results of the document where everyone has submitted:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13nfukjfGvfwwI6Y2dUY13eVZLF6NmslkvXtx7GczO-g/pubhtml

We need this so we know what Counterparty address to issue the 1:1 trade you are making Smiley

Thanks everyone! Happy Burning Smiley
madmartyk
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1030

Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 02:45:31 PM

Yes, the first was 100K and then all I could do were 50K at a time.  It kept telling me transaction too large

madmartyk
Legendary

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 02:48:17 PM

Here you go

OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2015, 03:06:48 PM

We got ya sir. Thanks!
OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2015, 03:13:57 PM

Glad you guys have participated and you'll get your OCTO when the burn is over and we start sending back out to all you guys. For now you should head over to letstalkbitcoin dotcom and make a free account there and take a look at the forums. You can sync your Counterwallet addresses with the address manager. When the OCTO hit's your wallet you will then see a OCTO holders only forum that you cannot see unless your address is synced and you have OCTO in your synced addresses.

Remember, we are still raising BTC1.5 and have raised a total of BTC.7 already. You have until this Saturday at Midnight. The good thing is, the more people that send some BTC, if we are over 15 people, it ups the total payout to 100,000 OCTO and you will all receive the limited edition token OCTOFAME for future benefits.

You will be added to the OCTO Wall of Fame and also be eligible for a sweet OCTO tee drawing when that time comes! The money is going towards the Squarespace website. Even though I purchased thegrid.io site for personal use, the more research I did, it will be a bit before I'd risk putting OCTO on that platform. Maybe next year Smiley

Happy burning! Smiley

P.S. There are video tutorials for most things Counterparty and LTB forum. Or ask myself or Robert. It's pretty straighforward though.
OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2015, 03:26:31 PM
Last edit: February 24, 2015, 08:18:55 PM by OCTOPARTY

http://blockexperts.com/888

The Octocoin burn address is #4 on the Rich list tab. The rich list tab took awhile to sync. You can see which addresses are holding the most Octocoin now. Pretty soon I suspect that the burn address will be the richest  Cool

[b]Contest: [/b]

First person to PM my OCTOPARTY account with the paper trail of where the dev's coins are will receive an undetermined OCTO payout and an OCTOFAME token. Hint: block 1 Hint 2: rich list. Get to investigating because I really do not know what addresses those coins final resting place is. Prove it to me Smiley

1,2,3 Go!

Contest over. User PM'd me what I needed. They have asked to remain anonymous and donate any OCTO rewarded to the devs instead. Will do.
marcoman22

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 03:31:16 PM

605700 OCTO BURNED!!

those are yours in the 50,000 chunks?

NM those are yours lol. That's fine. You did fill out he sheet Smiley

Guys, we have ad quite a few transactions over 50,000. It's safe to say that you can send all you Octocoin to one address in your Octocoin wallet, then send in one transaction to the burn address. It will make it a little easier on us when we go to send back out. No problem though Smiley

And remember, between the block explorer and your wallet, we will be able to figure out if anything goes wrong. If something weird happens just let us know. We aren't out here to tell you sorry, we can't issue you OCTO because you lost your coins in some weird way. I'm pretty confident the blockchain is running fine at this point, weirdly. I mean I was super worried until the point that I sent almost 200,000 to my address then to the burn address. And it does take a few blocks past the 8 confirmations before the block explorer may update it. I just wrote down the block I saw the transaction total in when it posted. A bit later you can click that block and see the trans from your address to the burn address. It's always scary to think you may have lost coins.

Don't worry too much. This explorer works and will show the trans Smiley

And whatever yo do! Don't forget to send them to one address in your wallet if you have multiple receiving addresses. It will show an in wallet transaction to one of your own addresses. Then submit you Octocoin address and Counterwallet address with the total in the google document in the link:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/16a6AvxrfOQ_gzMrM3tH2iRlBvPX-OSge4QG_2rLDkYQ/viewform?usp=send_form

To see the results of the document where everyone has submitted:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13nfukjfGvfwwI6Y2dUY13eVZLF6NmslkvXtx7GczO-g/pubhtml

We need this so we know what Counterparty address to issue the 1:1 trade you are making Smiley

Thanks everyone! Happy Burning Smiley
OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2015, 03:52:02 PM

Anyone good at writing? We need a well-written, press release style article. I love to write. But I also ramble. And rant. Those  are the two things I'm good at.

You may be rewarded if your writing is good, professional and hits all the key points that people need to know. Remember, short, sweet, concise. Unlike my posts Tongue
prints

Activity: 182
Merit: 102

\m/

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2015, 04:11:01 PM

Hey peepz, I just burned 7242 888... In the form, I submitted 7242.5 incorrectly (didn't realize it wouldn't be enough to cover the tx fee).

|| BTC: 17Dm2MMEGXKejjLvhyhoC4JRr9bR26Ktvu || LTC: LV6RbrsJAaBjrVyAwJCKhMfLTZE6aqEgKt || Zcash: t1S2WwgZzvkYLbKPZYQFYtWQ2QAf88cnPCz ||
OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2015, 04:29:37 PM

Hey peepz, I just burned 7242 888... In the form, I submitted 7242.5 incorrectly (didn't realize it wouldn't be enough to cover the tx fee).

No problem. We will correct it when the block explorer shows the transaction. Thanks for the heads up. Smiley
OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2015, 05:45:02 PM

Corrected.
cabbage2014

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 07:43:04 PM

Just a quick question is it ok if I burn all my Octo now and then burn more later(still mining)? Or should I burn it all in one go to save you on multiple transactions?  I'm itching to test it out:)

OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2015, 08:01:29 PM

Just a quick question is it ok if I burn all my Octo now and then burn more later(still mining)? Or should I burn it all in one go to save you on multiple transactions?  I'm itching to test it out:)

I would prefer that you do it all in one transaction closer to the end of the burn. I can't stop you from sending some in now. But we really want to keep the total transaction count low as possible. I promise that anyone mining, if there are any issues and you waited to send in 1 transaction at the very last minute so that you can burn as much as you mined as possible, we will honor that and take care of you.

We will not say, oh too bad, you waited to late. As long as you contact me before midnight and let me know you waited due to mining and now the transaction won't go through or whatever the issue is.

What we don't want is everyone sending in a ziillion separate transactions because then we either will spend a lot longer going through them before we can send back, or spend a lot more BTC in transaction fees when sending back.

OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2015, 08:03:25 PM

by all means though. one test transaction won't hurt. just please don't do multiple transactions per day to the burn address.
cabbage2014

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 08:06:05 PM

Ok I'll hang on so thanks, I want to keep your costs to a minimum and my curiosity can wait:)

OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2015, 08:25:37 PM

Ok I'll hang on so thanks, I want to keep your costs to a minimum and my curiosity can wait:)

Ha thanks for understanding.
madmartyk
Legendary

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 08:33:26 PM

by all means though. one test transaction won't hurt. just please don't do multiple transactions per day to the burn address.

Well there goes mining to the burn address!!  Wink  LOL

FoldingCoin

Activity: 742

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 10:01:21 PM

I would prefer that you do it all in one transaction closer to the end of the burn. I can't stop you from sending some in now. But we really want to keep the total transaction count low as possible. I promise that anyone mining, if there are any issues and you waited to send in 1 transaction at the very last minute so that you can burn as much as you mined as possible, we will honor that and take care of you.

We will not say, oh too bad, you waited to late. As long as you contact me before midnight and let me know you waited due to mining and now the transaction won't go through or whatever the issue is.

What we don't want is everyone sending in a ziillion separate transactions because then we either will spend a lot longer going through them before we can send back, or spend a lot more BTC in transaction fees when sending back.

Just to confirm how our distribution works, if we are sending multiple amounts to the same address, the distribution server will automatically add them together and send them in one transaction so the cost will not increase. However, the headache of going through the google doc will still exist Smiley

Since this is now two weeks away, should we start making plans for Merged Folding? What does this community think, because we can announce it on our end, anytime you would like.

Last thing, OCTOPARTY, can you update the OP burn process to this code https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=960933.msg10563876#msg10563876 as the process in the OP still says Do not send to the burn address in various locations

Robert Ross - FoldingCoin Inc Administrator, Board Member -
FLDC Twitter: @foldingcoin - Skype: foldingcoin - Email: rross@foldingcoin.net - Join the Discord: Join Link My handle is @pooktwo#7260
OCTOPARTY (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2015, 10:43:57 PM

Ok I repasted your code.

As for merged mining. I have some ideas in mind for the amounts and we can discuss them but keep in mind, it will definitely sway depending on the number of coins burned.

The less coins we burn, the more coins dedicated to merged mining. I highly doubt we will be anywhere close to 40 Million burned. My original guess was 20-30 million. That's still a 5-15 million difference in what we could give towards merged mining. But we have to balance that with funding devs, distributing to counterwallet, a future crowd sale, contests and promotions.

My original intent was to have 20-25 million over a long, slow distribution so that the total market cap slowly rises.

Now, what do we consider slow? I think that at least 8 years. Just my opinion. I mean it's not a billion cap or even hundreds of millions so i don't think the need for going forever is there. Plus over the years if our apps and projects grow we'll need the liquidity.

Now we could just as easily go longer. Here's an example:

25 million total coins over 8 years:

3,125,000 coins per year
60096.1538 per week
8561.64384 per day
356.73516 per hour

And that amount can even be adjusted for time frames where there's halving. There could be bonuses for mining at the beginning and after a few months it drops and evens off.

I'm interested in hearing all of your ideas.
FoldingCoin

Activity: 742

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 10:52:19 PM

Now we could just as easily go longer. Here's an example:

25 million total coins over 8 years:

3,125,000 coins per year
60096.1538 per week
8561.64384 per day
356.73516 per hour

And that amount can even be adjusted for time frames where there's halving. There could be bonuses for mining at the beginning and after a few months it drops and evens off.

I'm interested in hearing all of your ideas.

Remember, once you are on our platform, you could also hold VOTES for the OCTO community to decide. FLDC originally was 500k a day until its gone, but through a community voting platoffrm, that was changed to a half life where once 500 million are distributed, cut the disto in half to 250k a day and so forth

So you can start with something, then hold a vote after a month or so if it doesnt work out to change the process. I can help you setting up votes as well Smiley

http://foldingcoin.net/fldc-voting/

Robert Ross - FoldingCoin Inc Administrator, Board Member -
FLDC Twitter: @foldingcoin - Skype: foldingcoin - Email: rross@foldingcoin.net - Join the Discord: Join Link My handle is @pooktwo#7260
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: