Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 05:54:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 61 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Announcing ZiftrCOIN Release  (Read 106640 times)
joehoebot

Activity: 250
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 02:25:43 PM

i think a standalone release of the wallet cpu miner should come out first. and there should then be minimum 48 hours after that before gpu release. that would be fair

I am CPU mining Aquachain right now. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3138231
Fargo

Activity: 283
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2015, 02:31:00 PM

i think a standalone release of the wallet cpu miner should come out first. and there should then be minimum 48 hours after that before gpu release. that would be fair
I don't see a big difference either way.

WEBSITE  |  WHITEPAPER  |  TWITTER
   GITHUB  |  REDDIT 

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●    ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
NarC

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

BitcoinStoreStarter.com

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2015, 02:55:56 PM

Just noticed they released a market on bittrex, sweet! I'll pick up a few.

iSEETHEFUTURE

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 03:15:58 PM

I say release standalone cpu miner and release gpu miner a week or 2 later.
andreibi
Legendary

Activity: 1647
Merit: 1012

Practising Hebrew before visiting Israel

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2015, 03:43:02 PM

Cool!

Block reward?
How many coins?

Our coin distribution is a bit unique compared to other coins. Instead of halving every so often, it starts off slow then constantly increases. The idea is that right now the coin isn't very useful, so keep supply low. As time goes on and we introduce merchants and ZiftrPay, distribution should go up to meet demand.

Our CEO explains it better than I ever could here:
http://blog.ziftr.com/video-ziftr-ceo-bob-wilkins-explains-ziftrcoins-approach-to-coin-distribution/

A shorter answer (TLDR) is, for the first month, block reward is about 4 ZRC, but this will go up over time. There will eventually be 10 billion coins, but that's over a long period of time.

OK, got it.

Isn't it a bit low though considering that you give away 100ZRC to the first 1 million users?

I didn't get any coins btw and I signed up.
All I got was a confirmation email.....

I believe they originally set the block reward to 2,793 coins per 1-min block. I posted the problem with that many coins in Reddit http://www.reddit.com/r/ziftrCOIN/comments/2qj7kv/problem_with_block_reward_and_redeemable_1_value/ two months ago.

Never got a comment though. So that's why there are 100ZRC giveaways.

andreibi
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2015, 06:47:10 PM

Not much of an issue. But weird, John Karton replied to my Reddit post: http://www.reddit.com/r/ziftrCOIN/comments/2qj7kv/problem_with_block_reward_and_redeemable_1_value/

He is saying I was wrong to say 2,793 coins per block when clearly earlier documents state that it was the original block reward. Then Ziftr Reddit admins deleted my replies.

The original PDFs:
http://pdfsr.com/pdf/ziftrcoin-coinspecs.pdf  https://d19y4lldx7po3t.cloudfront.net/assets/docs/ziftrcoin-coinspecs.pdf or Google https://www.google.com/search?q=Coins+will+be+distributed+at+a+constant+rate+of+approximately+2%2C793+coins+per+block+for+2.5+years&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

Gethashing must have gotten it wrong too http://forum.gethashing.com/t/zrc-ziftrcoin-discussion-launched/108

It sure looks like a comma to me.

bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2015, 07:10:18 PM

My mining was 3. Something per block

shaolin_rs

Activity: 20

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 07:51:52 PM

how to install ziftr wallet on ubuntu 14 lts? if u can give me instructions from beginning I am grateful
StephenMorse

Activity: 88
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 08:03:08 PM

how to install ziftr wallet on ubuntu 14 lts? if u can give me instructions from beginning I am grateful

Are you asking how to compile from source or how to download the GUI? For GUI, just go to ziftrcoin.com, press download, and then open it.
iSEETHEFUTURE

Activity: 40

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 08:20:24 PM

Just download the linux daemon or qt from there site 
rokkyroad
Legendary

Activity: 1090
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 08:25:45 PM

I'll give Ziftr kudos for easy mining. One click mining in linux and mac wallets. Simple mining for the masses.

" If you have to spam and shout to justify your existence then you are a shit coin."  TaunSew
ZWGuy

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2015, 08:39:43 PM

Not much of an issue. But weird, John Karton replied to my Reddit post: http://www.reddit.com/r/ziftrCOIN/comments/2qj7kv/problem_with_block_reward_and_redeemable_1_value/

You are correct. In the first revision of our white paper it was 2,000 to 3,000 per block (commas, US english number, meaning thousands). Our white paper has had quite a few revisions and changes (eg we dropped sign to mine) since then. I hadn't seen your reddit post originally so I can't comment on that, but I know we realized that our initial distribution curve in no way matched the reality of what our initial user adoption would be.

Quick fyi, the reddit user John Karton isn't affiliated with Ziftr in anyway. They're just a well meaning community member, which we appreciate very much, but in this case they were a bit mistaken.

Also, our reddit mods haven't deleted any posts. We're 110% against censorship. Negative feedback is often just as useful as positive. It seems to be something reddit did automatically. My guess is that the sudden activity in such an old post flagged it for some reason. We've got a few more mods activated now so they can try and keep good posts out of the trash bin.
shaolin_rs

Activity: 20

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 08:50:05 PM
Last edit: March 02, 2015, 09:26:39 PM by shaolin_rs

GUI wallet dl, extracted to desktop, tried with make, start command in terminal cant start it, install file wont work any instructions?

edit: I pressed open not save I gone to source version sorry, I found right file now ziftrcoin-qt how to start it? Some notepad program is associated with this type of file now...
CloakT

Activity: 56

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 09:04:38 PM

You are correct. In the first revision of our white paper it was 2,000 to 3,000 per block (commas, US english number, meaning thousands). Our white paper has had quite a few revisions and changes (eg we dropped sign to mine) since then. I hadn't seen your reddit post originally so I can't comment on that, but I know we realized that our initial distribution curve in no way matched the reality of what our initial user adoption would be.

Quick fyi, the reddit user John Karton isn't affiliated with Ziftr in anyway. They're just a well meaning community member, which we appreciate very much, but in this case they were a bit mistaken.

Also, our reddit mods haven't deleted any posts. We're 110% against censorship. Negative feedback is often just as useful as positive. It seems to be something reddit did automatically. My guess is that the sudden activity in such an old post flagged it for some reason. We've got a few more mods activated now so they can try and keep good posts out of the trash bin.
Thank you for the clarification.
minerjoen

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 09:27:51 PM

I hope an pool from ZiftrCOIN is comming soon (before a GPU miner). Since the net hash is 2x higher then when i started, i earned 0 coins in the last 15 hours on an pc with an i7 2600k. What means that like 50% of the miners got lower power then i do, what means they get nothing with mining. In an pool we would get at least something with pure cpu miners. I also got a rig with gpu's for alt coins, but i think this is the good power from this coin now; only cpu before the gpu miners get in. And that's why we need a pool asap, to many people joining. While only the people with some nice servers get most of the coins, ofc not any coin can do something about that, but a pool will help us for sure Cheesy

Bitcoin: 1GPjrqoWGQfqyCEYnPhbA3nWN9dmMwFHRE
Elementrem: 0xF4789b95826C4474B3E7C780Fd90f639b51C4B6c
andreibi
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2015, 09:42:27 PM

Thank you for the clarification.

Ok then...

ZWGuy

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2015, 09:57:37 PM

I hope an pool from ZiftrCOIN is comming soon (before a GPU miner). Since the net hash is 2x higher then when i started, i earned 0 coins in the last 15 hours on an pc with an i7 2600k. What means that like 50% of the miners got lower power then i do, what means they get nothing with mining. In an pool we would get at least something with pure cpu miners. I also got a rig with gpu's for alt coins, but i think this is the good power from this coin now; only cpu before the gpu miners get in. And that's why we need a pool asap, to many people joining. While only the people with some nice servers get most of the coins, ofc not any coin can do something about that, but a pool will help us for sure Cheesy

A pool is coming soon.
http://www.reddit.com/r/ziftrCOIN/comments/2xlqzj/ziftrcoin_pool/

To be a bit more technical, we've had a pool up and ready to go since before release. The problem is Qt wallet miners can't connect directly to a pool (they don't know to send "failed" block solve attempts to prove their effort), so we have to do some coding. We're actually a bit surprised at the excitement over CPU mining, so this wasn't on the road map. However, as per the link above, we've decided to add the pool support directly to the wallet, at which point we'll fire up our pool for everyone.
rokkyroad
Legendary

Activity: 1090
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 10:09:50 PM

GUI wallet dl, extracted to desktop, tried with make, start command in terminal cant start it, install file wont work any instructions?

edit: I pressed open not save I gone to source version sorry, I found right file now ziftrcoin-qt how to start it? Some notepad program is associated with this type of file now...

Open a terminal at your ziftrcoin folder location and type    ./ziftrcoin-qt
Some linux file managers will give you the option to mark the file as "executable".

" If you have to spam and shout to justify your existence then you are a shit coin."  TaunSew
MarkMJ

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

one for one and 1 2 3

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 10:41:44 PM

Open a terminal at your ziftrcoin folder location and type    ./ziftrcoin-qt
Some linux file managers will give you the option to mark the file as "executable".
I had the same problem but now is fix it,thanks.

I'm RED and that's GOOD, i will never be GREEN and that's not BAD! there's no one i'd rather be than me.
DEV for cryptocurrency but I HATE forks
CloakT

Activity: 56

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 10:45:29 PM

A pool is coming soon.
http://www.reddit.com/r/ziftrCOIN/comments/2xlqzj/ziftrcoin_pool/

To be a bit more technical, we've had a pool up and ready to go since before release. The problem is Qt wallet miners can't connect directly to a pool (they don't know to send "failed" block solve attempts to prove their effort), so we have to do some coding. We're actually a bit surprised at the excitement over CPU mining, so this wasn't on the road map. However, as per the link above, we've decided to add the pool support directly to the wallet, at which point we'll fire up our pool for everyone.
This is awesome.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 61 »
  Print  

Jump to: