Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 06:31:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Announcing ZiftrCOIN Release  (Read 106640 times)
jsamul

Activity: 300
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 07:25:34 PM
Last edit: April 22, 2015, 08:05:59 AM by jsamul

what is the most profitable alt coin right now

everyone stop mining zr5

where are you guys

well if you seek profit "right now", start trading.
mining is "future" profit, if you choose the right coin, just like it was when BTC started and only few ppl knew about it.
there is no big profit in mining BTC anymore, you can do bigger profit by trading BTC.
keep in mind that lower the ZRC network hashpower is, bigger daily rewards you get.
there is a bright future of ZRC ahead, you need to stack up a lot of ZRC for it Wink
ciocgun

Activity: 490

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2015, 03:53:53 PM

I know Ziftrpay in the jewel in the crown but something has to be done to boost the coin value before it hits zero

if it hits zero, i will buy all of them Smiley
sad it can only go to 1satoshi at worst case.
anyhow even 1satoshi for $1 is a great price Smiley

Same, because it's like buying $1 coupons for pennies. I will just make sure I buy everything I can via Ziftrpay, then.
Only the Dev could let us know the roadmap of the final distribution of Ziftrpay..
now ZRC is an unuseful coin as many other

FreeJack2k

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 04:45:45 PM

Only the Dev could let us know the roadmap of the final distribution of Ziftrpay..

There's a big difference, here. MOST coins are developed on a whim, because someone wanted their own coin to work on, or they thought some new tech change would be better, or whatever...but they ALL have to just sit and hope that someday, enough people will join in and start buying it that merchants will decide to let them use it to buy things. It's a RIDICULOUSLY hard hill to climb now, because the marketplace is over-saturated with new crypto-currencies and only a couple have gained any serious traction. The rest are scrambling for table scraps.

Ziftrcoin was developed as a part of a larger vision by a company that has the resources to execute on that vision...and give users a way to spend their coin. No other coin has these advantages. Its goals to start are not huge, they want to market Ziftrcoin as a "value add" to using Ziftrpay, giving the coin away as a "coupon" for people to use. This is a fantastic way to bootstrap a fledgling economy for the currency...giving it away, and giving it value at the same time.
ciocgun

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2015, 06:06:35 PM

There's a big difference, here. MOST coins are developed on a whim, because someone wanted their own coin to work on, or they thought some new tech change would be better, or whatever...but they ALL have to just sit and hope that someday, enough people will join in and start buying it that merchants will decide to let them use it to buy things. It's a RIDICULOUSLY hard hill to climb now, because the marketplace is over-saturated with new crypto-currencies and only a couple have gained any serious traction. The rest are scrambling for table scraps.

Ziftrcoin was developed as a part of a larger vision by a company that has the resources to execute on that vision...and give users a way to spend their coin. No other coin has these advantages. Its goals to start are not huge, they want to market Ziftrcoin as a "value add" to using Ziftrpay, giving the coin away as a "coupon" for people to use. This is a fantastic way to bootstrap a fledgling economy for the currency...giving it away, and giving it value at the same time.
I agree your reply,
but if you don't provide the system described above by DEv and by you, it's just a coin like others.
You cnanot launch a coin and wait 3-4-5 months to improve your 1st declared functionality

FreeJack2k

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 09:58:20 PM

I agree your reply,
but if you don't provide the system described above by DEv and by you, it's just a coin like others.
You cnanot launch a coin and wait 3-4-5 months to improve your 1st declared functionality

Why wouldn't you give the coin time to get its legs under it, before deploying the payment platform to support it? I would think you'd want to make sure the protocol is rock solid and working, with a good network of miners behind it...because it's a core part of their plan and realistically, the only ones who want them to put a rush on it are the early adopters who want to see the price go up, and nothing more. They'll get it done, they'll do it right, and it'll work itself out. I swear, people in alt-coins have zero patience and almost no attention span, these days.
FreeJack2k

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 10:14:13 PM

I agree with you, but it's not got a good network of miners behind it, because people are leaving because they're impatient.

They come and go. All the GPU hashrate is owned by journeymen miners now...they chase profit. The network will only grow from here, when the coin has actual utility as a currency/coupon and the demand gradually starts to rise.

Mining isn't an activist or enthusiast pursuit the way it was, early on. It's about profit now. The network will take care of itself though, as Ziftrcoin gains in popularity/usage.
ciocgun

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2015, 07:15:36 AM

Why wouldn't you give the coin time to get its legs under it, before deploying the payment platform to support it? I would think you'd want to make sure the protocol is rock solid and working, with a good network of miners behind it...because it's a core part of their plan and realistically, the only ones who want them to put a rush on it are the early adopters who want to see the price go up, and nothing more. They'll get it done, they'll do it right, and it'll work itself out. I swear, people in alt-coins have zero patience and almost no attention span, these days.

1st you develop a solid protocol for the payment platform
2nd you launch the coin and make the people mine and spread

not in the viceversa way

or maybe the time between phase 1 and must be fewer then 1 or 2 months

ZWGuy

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2015, 02:38:39 PM

1st you develop a solid protocol for the payment platform
2nd you launch the coin and make the people mine and spread

not in the viceversa way

or maybe the time between phase 1 and must be fewer then 1 or 2 months

In a perfect world I agree. In practice, however, it's not that simple. I touched on this a bit before with the "chicken or the egg" thing, but there's a few reasons things had to happen in the order they did (timing, social obligations, manpower, etc).

The good news is we've actually had the payment platform running in a sandbox mode since a few days after coin launch. Unofficially, I suspect we'll actually have it out inside the 2 month window mentioned.
FreeJack2k

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 05:35:13 PM

It was almost never an activist pursuit, but it once was an enthusiast one. Anyways, I agree.

For some people, it's a form of activism...they want to support the idea in a meaningful way and that involves keeping the network running. Either they run a node, or they mine, etc... I think after the bubble of late 2013, a gigantic influx of new miners came into alt-coins looking to get rich. They've had to adapt as prices have fallen off a cliff and now it's profit-chasing. At one time, long ago, it was mainly just something people either did for fun, or because they "believed in it" philosophically, which I consider a form of activism.
jsamul

Activity: 300

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 07:05:54 AM

guys, guys... did you ever checked the www.ziftr.com ?
you can get the bigger picture there Wink

also you can get the latest news on the ziftr blog http://blog.ziftr.com/tag/ziftrcoin/
bitcointalk is not the main source for the news Wink
Ralphs

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 07:43:53 PM

Now that they announced The Mountain as a merchant, does that mean can we get official Ziftr PoK T-shirts from there?  Wink

malickie

Activity: 92

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 09:14:30 AM

This coin is still fairly young, so the community doesn't really know exactly what to think yet.  In all honesty though this coin is being backed by an actual company with good resources as opposed to a Lot of the other Alt Coins that might have fairly decent pricing behind them, but as with a Lot of altcoins as of late that I am seeing they tend to fall and level out below what they initially came in at.  The good thing about this is of course we can all get a Ton of coins cheap right now and when things to this coin do start to jump you will have the amount you need to do what you want with them.  Either way the company itself has been around since 2008 so that in and of itself is a good thing.

z0n0
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1006

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 01:38:30 PM

It's my 1st withdrawal so somebody pls tell me how much time does it take to land in my wallet?

On blockexplorer:
Code:
Error! : Search found no results for: 951a9415d70a882d829becb724d377149b2fe137d75145f4a37db360c4f34536
Starin

Activity: 266

Infected Mushroom

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2015, 01:46:36 PM

It's my 1st withdrawal so somebody pls tell me how much time does it take to land in my wallet?

On blockexplorer:
Code:
Error! : Search found no results for: 951a9415d70a882d829becb724d377149b2fe137d75145f4a37db360c4f34536

Might be a stupid question, but did you confirm your withdrawel via e-mail?

myagui
Legendary

Activity: 1154
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 01:58:54 PM

The block explorer seems to lag behind the network by a bit. Not sure it's always been the case, but it is definitely what happened just now.
If you search the transaction id on the block explorer again, it now has 3 confirmations, so I'm guessing it's reached your wallet by now  Wink

malickie

Activity: 92

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 02:43:49 PM

Out of general curiosity anyone receive payments from unknown wallets that says "Mined" .  I am guessing the two I have gotten are from having PoK turned on in my wallet.   If that is so, how often does that actually happen.

StephenMorse

Activity: 88
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 01:08:52 AM

Out of general curiosity anyone receive payments from unknown wallets that says "Mined" .  I am guessing the two I have gotten are from having PoK turned on in my wallet.   If that is so, how often does that actually happen.

Were you solomining with the wallet? If so, that will happen however often you mine a blocks, which depends on your hashrate compared to the network's total hashrate.
Genesis-Mining

Activity: 430

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2015, 04:38:25 PM

Dear ZiftrCOIN Community.

We are thinking about adding some new coins to our mining interface and so we have put up a coin vote on our Facebook page for people to have a chance to vote for their favourites.

We have listed ZiftrCOIN as one of the coins you can vote for.

If you would like ZiftrCOIN to be on Genesis Mining, then get voting. If you vote you will automatically be entered into a contest.

More information can be found here.

https://www.facebook.com/GenesisMining

Genesis Mining

StephenMorse

Activity: 88
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 05:03:52 PM

Dear ZiftrCOIN Community.

We are thinking about adding some new coins to our mining interface and so we have put up a coin vote on our Facebook page for people to have a chance to vote for their favourites.

We have listed ZiftrCOIN as one of the coins you can vote for.

If you would like ZiftrCOIN to be on Genesis Mining, then get voting. If you vote you will automatically be entered into a contest.

More information can be found here.

https://www.facebook.com/GenesisMining

Genesis Mining

Thanks! I've submitted my vote Smiley
thebenjamincode

Merit: 500

37iGtdUJc2xXTDkw5TQZJQX1Wb98gSLYVP

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 08:53:42 AM

is this coin still alive?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  

Jump to: