Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:51:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Announcing ZiftrCOIN Release  (Read 106635 times)
FreeJack2k

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 03:32:02 AM

Well I dont know about making inroads,I just noticed I have 1200 GoCoin and there worth 30 sats,to be honest its really just two crap coins merging to make one bigger crap coin.All these coins that release millions up front are just rip offs,the next one is Neucoin wait and see 98% pre mine and sold out in hours

This post, by itself, highlights how little research you've actually done into this company, its planned ecosystem and Ziftrcoin itself.

What have they used the $878,695 they raised in their pre-sale for?

http://www.prweb.com/releases/ziftrCOIN/022015/prweb12484576.htm

One could probably safely assume that they've been using it to continue to pay personnel and other related costs for developing their payment platform, API, maintaining and updating the coin/wallet codebases, etc... Plus, they'll need money for marketing and promotions, as well. This was a big "add on" to what their company was doing previously, when it was just "Ziftr" and wasn't doing any of this new stuff. Ziftrcoin was almost a way of crowdfunding the expansion plans and essentially made all of us stakeholders.

How so?  I've done plenty of research.  I don't really care about all these future plans and announcements.  More concerned about actual results.  It's been six months and basically nothing.  I remember when this coin was launched.  What has been accomplished since then?  The marketcap is currently less than 25% of the $878,695 raised in the pre-sale.  And more coins are being mined and dumped everyday.  Anyone that made an investment during the pre-sale would have suffered a 75% loss in under six months.  Where did the money go to besides paying themselves and buying stuff? 

Because, quite simply, you equated GoCoin with a cryptocurrency (not knowing it's a payment processing company). Beyond that, you say that you don't care about future plans...but that's what the entire speculation on Ziftrcoin is based on! The company's future plans! So what, exactly, was your research into Ziftrcoin before you bought in?

The company was 100% transparent about their intentions, with regard to the pre-sale. They were fundraising to pay for the development of the Ziftrverse ecosystem. Anyone who held their coins through the price drop after the initial pump lost money, yes...but they had the option of trading out of it during the expected ICO dump (which has happened with every single premined coin that has ever existed). They could have sold at a nice profit (there was plenty of time to do this, actually) and then bought back in much lower. So what, you think it's appropriate to blame Ziftr for not announcing more PR bluster to cause some kind of short-term pump? Maybe you think they should have handled it the way Garza and Paycoin did, and promise to pump the price for you? Give me a break.

Anyone buying into Ziftrcoin is doing it because they believe in the promise of what Ziftr (and now GoCoin) is building, and the concept of getting people to actively start using cryptocurrency by giving it away as an incentive, and minimizing volatility risk by ensuring consumers can get a guaranteed redemption value of $1/coin out of it (even if it's only for 5% of the purchase). It's experimental, and it's a speculative play to be sure, but from your comments I can see that you are in it for the short-term profit and are upset that you didn't get one...in spite of the fact that you don't know much about what they've got planned and don't particularly care. I can tell you this, though...they have much bigger fish to fry than to ensure that you or I make any money buying or selling Ziftrcoin. I'm in because I believe the ecosystem, if executed well, has the potential to change peoples' opinion of crypto and how it can work...and that will necessarily create profit for the coin holders.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
btccashacc
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 03:41:17 AM

any news about ziftrcoin giveaway ?
StephenMorse

Activity: 88
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 03:26:00 PM

any news about ziftrcoin giveaway ?

https://www.reddit.com/r/ziftrCOIN/comments/3d4fjg/with_gocoin_ziftr_merging_what_to_expect_going/

ZiftrCOIN giveaway, as far as I know, will be happening through merchants after the ziftrCOIN & GoCoin technology has been integrated.

FreeJack2k

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 12:35:03 AM

Their original plan was to give away $100 worth (at the $1 redemption value, I imagine...or 100 ZRC) to each person, up until the amount they had dedicated to it was used up. It's part of creating an incentive for people to actually use it. At today's prices, 100 ZRC is worth all of $2 on the exchanges, so that will prevent exchange dumping of the giveaway coins. People will see the value in holding onto it and using it as the "coupon" in their Ziftrpay/GoCoin purchases. People will also start to realize that paying $.02/ZRC and redeeming it at $1/ZRC makes pretty good financial sense, too...so I expect demand on the exchanges will rise, once it's in use. Everything depends on the GoCoin/Ziftrpay deal working well and a lot of merchants incorporating the loyalty/coupon concept. Gonna take time, though.
baristor

Activity: 636
Merit: 262

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 01:55:22 PM

is this or any other coin minable on a gpu ? I mean profitable Tongue
Liquid71

Activity: 835

There is NO Freedom without Privacy

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 08:29:36 PM

Depending on your power costs this coin is profitable, especially if you can hold it for a month or two before selling it.

They are targeting Black Friday to really start promoting, so I'd expect the price to start rising the closer we get to BF

DragoStefan

Activity: 230

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 08:54:20 PM

Depending on your power costs this coin is profitable, especially if you can hold it for a month or two before selling it.

They are targeting Black Friday to really start promoting, so I'd expect the price to start rising the closer we get to BF
I may not be aware but do you know for sure that on black friday it will be used?
FreeJack2k

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 11:16:18 PM

GoCoin is on a tear right now with crypto payments processing, so I expect they'll be gearing up to really take advantage on Black Friday. That would be the ideal time to introduce the Ziftrcoin concept and also, GoCoin will have Ziftr's credit card payment processing ability as well...which makes them a complete payments service. It's in their best interests to be ready for Black Friday, even if they haven't announced anything.
myagui
Legendary

Activity: 1154
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 12:14:36 PM

@FreeJack2k,
I really hope it works out that way. If I understand correctly, Black Friday is *the* most significant retail event in any given year. Would be a shame if Ziftr did not seize such a massive chance for spreading the word and reaching critical mass awareness.
I have to imagine that they are making all possible efforts to meet the opportunity, but it would be great if we had any sort of "official" updates by their team in the meantime.

Before I clicked on "post", I took a quick read through the Ziftr blog, as I recall having read some mention about Black Friday when I was first getting familiar with Ziftrcoin. This is the relevant blog entry:
http://blog.ziftr.com/2015/03/12/your-ziftrcoin-questions-answered-coin-giveaway-1-minimum-redemption-value/

Unrelated: I'm still waiting on some feedback to a question I had posted long ago, don't think I ever got an answer:
Is Ziftr working on reaching EU markets and merchants early on, or will this be pushed at some latter stage, or never? I'm hopeful that I'll get to use my ZRCs in purchases, rather than just playing the exchange markets, but I'm wondering if (at least initially), the adoption efforts are only focused on the US.

Cheers!

tolikkk

Activity: 952

www.pumpmycoin.com

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2015, 01:32:15 PM

@FreeJack2k,
I really hope it works out that way. If I understand correctly, Black Friday is *the* most significant retail event in any given year. Would be a shame if Ziftr did not seize such a massive chance for spreading the word and reaching critical mass awareness.
I have to imagine that they are making all possible efforts to meet the opportunity, but it would be great if we had any sort of "official" updates by their team in the meantime.

Before I clicked on "post", I took a quick read through the Ziftr blog, as I recall having read some mention about Black Friday when I was first getting familiar with Ziftrcoin. This is the relevant blog entry:
http://blog.ziftr.com/2015/03/12/your-ziftrcoin-questions-answered-coin-giveaway-1-minimum-redemption-value/

Unrelated: I'm still waiting on some feedback to a question I had posted long ago, don't think I ever got an answer:
Is Ziftr working on reaching EU markets and merchants early on, or will this be pushed at some latter stage, or never? I'm hopeful that I'll get to use my ZRCs in purchases, rather than just playing the exchange markets, but I'm wondering if (at least initially), the adoption efforts are only focused on the US.

Cheers!

how you think, will  time ziftrt to have announced weight in 1$, and take place as e-money or he will be an addenda to soft moneys?
unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 02:00:58 PM

almost forgot about this coin...still have some in my wallet.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
FreeJack2k

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 08:07:16 PM

almost forgot about this coin...still have some in my wallet.

That's the best way to do it. Just hold onto it and see what comes of it. Wink

As for the Black Friday plan they announced in their blog, I would think that the GoCoin merger has the potential to speed that along quite a bit. They don't actually have to sign up new merchants, they've got GoCoin's entire merchant network already...which is continually growing. It'll take time to integrate Ziftr's tech, but it'd definitely be the ideal situation to get people introduced to the Ziftrcoin concept via Black Friday / Cyber Monday sales...as well as get people using the Ziftr multi-currency wallet.

I haven't read anything about international but I know GoCoin does business internationally...so I suspect the only thing they wouldn't be able to do is the credit card processing outside of the US, but I don't know that for a fact.

It seems like the Ziftr guys spend a little more time looking at the posts on Reddit than they do this thread, so if you've got questions for Ziftr staff I would post something on there, it's probably going to get seen sooner.
DragoStefan

Activity: 230

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 01:10:25 PM

@FreeJack2k,

Cheers!
Thanks for that answer you are always helpfull and infoed  Grin
RoomBot
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1123

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 01:03:58 AM

I like how the rapid slide in price over the past 48 hours abruptly came to a halt (temporarily I assume) as soon as this topic was addressed.   Still feels like we're on track for 4000 or below in the next few weeks though.  I am glad I didn't partake in the presale,  I totally forgot about that!  Ouch.  I guess my minor 30% loss is not much to complain about really.   Going to hang on to my crumbs anyway, in case Ziftr / GoCoin somehow figure out how to deliver on their original plan.  

Nothing looks like PayCoin until it suddenly does.  

Maybe on the surface, but ZiftrCOIN has:

-Never lied
-Never Hyped
-Offers a user-friendly working wallet
-Vowed to "onboard" 1 mm new crypto users
-Done the Math
-Never promised value over $1 (but it could exceed)
-Has staff that graduated high school!
....and college!
...and some, even -- Grad school!  lol....so.....

No.
FreeJack2k

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 01:18:47 AM

Yeah, that's the thing...Ziftr has not over-promised, they have been very reasonable and measured in their discussion of expectations and have made a point of saying that the price of Ziftrcoin on the open market is the last thing they care about. That should be music to everyone's ears, because it means they have their priorities straight. The coin has a 4.5% premine, yes...most of which is intended to be given away to the general public, some of which is meant to reward employees for their hard work - and as far as I know, none of which has even been touched, yet. Besides, let's be serious for a minute here...Satoshi Nakamoto, whoever and wherever he is, is sitting on 5% of the lifetime supply of Bitcoin, which he mined in the first year and is still in his wallet addresses, untouched. Nobody has a clue what his intentions are for it, if he has access to it, or anything. It's just floating out there like a dark cloud over Bitcoin. Meanwhile, Ziftrcoin has a smaller percentage of the lifetime supply accounted for in its premine, the company has been very clear about its intentions for that coin and they have a vested interest in operating in an above-board fashion, as they're a money services business that will be under close scrutiny by the US Government. They aren't some shadowy, anonymous person out there sitting on a hoard that could hit the market at any time, for any reason.

In 99.9% of the cases, I distrust a premine and the developers' intentions for it...but in this case, I think the circumstances surrounding the premine and the nature of the company itself put me much more at ease with it.
RoomBot
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 12:00:08 AM

Agreed.

I bought a handful in the pre-sale & will HODL!

I did it mostly to support the crypto movement... and b/c I thought it was a really good business model.

Some new coins are partnering with the ZiftrWALLET, which is great for new Alts.

Check out their comprehensive "ZifterVERSE."   http://blog.ziftr.com/2015/01/06/ziftrverse-overview/

It's definitely more than just a coin.

Ziftr goes way back in Internet terms....they've been doing e-commerce for 30 years.
btccashacc
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 12:14:53 AM

any update about ziftrcoin giveaway ?
im waiting for claim my free ziftrcoin  Grin Grin Grin
RoomBot
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 06:34:07 PM

My best guess is that they'll fulfill this during the Bitcoin Black Friday festivities, if it is feasible. 
FreeJack2k

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 12:12:36 AM

Yeah, I suspect that the free Ziftrcoin giveaway is going to end up being conducted as part of the incentive program, where the first however many customers using the new payment gateway with participating merchants will get free Ziftrcoin. I kinda doubt it's going to be a situation where you say, "Give me free coins" and they just cough them up, like a faucet.
RoomBot
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 12:21:21 AM

Their lofty goal was to "onboard 1 million new crypto users, " if I remember correctly.

I suppose they could defer handing out the bonus coins until they reach that goal, but I doubt it.

Besides, no one will be impressed with 100 free coins worth 1 or 2 cents.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  

Jump to: