Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 09:49:53 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Announcing ZiftrCOIN Release  (Read 106640 times)
shojayxt
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 05:52:48 PM

Too funny.  So in other words ziftrcoins are worthless and can't be used for anything.  Seems like things are just made up on a whim.
myagui
Legendary

Activity: 1154

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 05:58:25 PM

[...]
For the time being, GoPoints will be exclusively offered in a "closed loop". That is, those GoPoints issued to merchants in the GoPayWin network and won by consumers will be the only points available in the GoPayWin wallet. We anticipate enabling the deposit feature, once our merchants are comfortable with the process and see the benefits of attracting customers that acquired GoPoints outside of the network.

This is a temporary measure that will be lifted as the network grows and starts transacting.
[...]

Please expand on what you mean by a "closed loop". Are we talking about the same blockchain or not?
Can I spend the ZRC that I mined (now GoPoints) in any of the enabled merchants or not?  Huh

I'm happy to see some update, but I have serious reservations as to what this "closed loop" signifies, from a practical standpoint, as well as to all of us that have been holding or mining ZRC since launch... Would appreciate a comprehensive clarification.

cointrader5

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 06:09:02 PM

[...]
For the time being, GoPoints will be exclusively offered in a "closed loop". That is, those GoPoints issued to merchants in the GoPayWin network and won by consumers will be the only points available in the GoPayWin wallet. We anticipate enabling the deposit feature, once our merchants are comfortable with the process and see the benefits of attracting customers that acquired GoPoints outside of the network.

This is a temporary measure that will be lifted as the network grows and starts transacting.
[...]

Please expand on what you mean by a "closed loop". Are we talking about the same blockchain or not?
Can I spend the ZRC that I mined (now GoPoints) in any of the enabled merchants or not?  Huh

I'm happy to see some update, but I have serious reservations as to what this "closed loop" signifies, from a practical standpoint, as well as to all of us that have been holding or mining ZRC since launch... Would appreciate a comprehensive clarification.

As I understood it, the blockchain will remain completely the same and we will be able to use our mined ZRC once the merchant network has had time to use the new system for a while. So for a while the GoPoints (ZRC) that will be used will only be from the website, but then it will be opened up to blockchain usage for depositing of the mined and bought funds from current wallets.
myagui
Legendary

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 06:17:52 PM

If anyone wants to do a 3+ btc sale of ZiftrCOIN please PM me.

Anyone holding such a large amount, I'd very much doubt they be willing to take the going market rates. Heck, I have enough for such an order, but you'll get them much cheaper taking straight off the books on Bleutrade. In any case, good luck.

As I understood it, the blockchain will remain completely the same and we will be able to use our mined ZRC once the merchant network has had time to use the new system for a while. So for a while the GoPoints (ZRC) that will be used will only be from the website, but then it will be opened up to blockchain usage for depositing of the mined and bought funds from current wallets.

That partly answers my question, but I'm really looking for an official response. Note: what real use can the merchants go through, if there are no consumers with any coins? (apart from "us", miners or speculators, is my point) 

helloeverybody
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2016, 06:24:22 PM

I coudl do with furtehr clarification on this as well, Is ziftcoin still go or are they useless now? I still have a few lying about that id like to do something with, Would be a shame to sell them for pocket change when they could actually have some use.

ziftrCOIN (OP)

Activity: 15

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 06:51:52 PM

[...]

[...]

Can I spend the ZRC that I mined (now GoPoints) in any of the enabled merchants or not?  Huh

The GoPoints live on the same blockchain, but we're only allowing spending and receipt of more GoPoints from merchants while using the webwallet on GoPayWin.com

It's a closed loop in the sense that the GoPoints can't leave the web wallet and more ZRC/GoPoints from the mining network/pc wallets can't be added to your wallet yet.

Like the post said, temporary measure, it'll be removed once the network has volume.
ziftrCOIN (OP)

Activity: 15

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 07:03:23 PM

I coudl do with furtehr clarification on this as well, Is ziftcoin still go or are they useless now? I still have a few lying about that id like to do something with, Would be a shame to sell them for pocket change when they could actually have some use.

This is the update loyal ZiftrCOIN holders have been waiting for.

At this point we just need to market the hell out of GoPayWin to get merchants on the network, once that happens the coins can be used at the merchants.

This is how I see the current timeline: More development work, work on more shopping cart plugins, work on making integration easier, then actually marketing the platform to merchants.

I'm guessing the timeline above will involve at least a month more of dev work. Maybe more, maybe less.

I'll keep you guys in the loop though.

Thanks,

-J
helloeverybody
Legendary

Activity: 1008

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2016, 07:07:35 PM

At this point we just need to market the hell out of GoPayWin to get merchants on the network, once that happens the coins can be used at the merchants.

This is how I see the current timeline: More development work, work on more shopping cart plugins, work on making integration easier, then actually marketing the platform to merchants.

I'm guessing the timeline above will involve at least a month more of dev work. Maybe more, maybe less.

Thanks,

-J

Thanks for the update. its nice to see that your still currently working on the coin as i thought it was all but dead.This wasliterally the first coin i ever mined. i will from now on be keeping an eye on ziftr/gocoin and see where it goes. Im hoping there will be some potential in the old dog afterall Wink

FreeJack2k

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 06:59:40 AM

I understand the reasoning behind making the giveaway coins and redemption a closed loop at first, you don't want to flood the network with coin that has been trading and privately held since the ICO. Better to wait until it's being actively used and accepted. If we are all able to get 100 free with the web wallet and can start transacting with that, it'll help get the coin moving...and that's a good thing. We also, as supporters of the concept, really need to spread the word.

The speculators aren't going to like the news too much, because it isn't designed to pop the price or spike trade volume. There is no impetus for a price move because there is no increased demand for the coins that are currently in open circulation and trading...you won't be able to use them on the payment network yet, anyway...and who knows when you will? But I'm holding long because I believe in the concept, and I really hope GoCoin is able to execute on the promise.
cointrader5

Activity: 22

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 04:11:22 PM

I understand the reasoning behind making the giveaway coins and redemption a closed loop at first, you don't want to flood the network with coin that has been trading and privately held since the ICO. Better to wait until it's being actively used and accepted. If we are all able to get 100 free with the web wallet and can start transacting with that, it'll help get the coin moving...and that's a good thing. We also, as supporters of the concept, really need to spread the word.

The speculators aren't going to like the news too much, because it isn't designed to pop the price or spike trade volume. There is no impetus for a price move because there is no increased demand for the coins that are currently in open circulation and trading...you won't be able to use them on the payment network yet, anyway...and who knows when you will? But I'm holding long because I believe in the concept, and I really hope GoCoin is able to execute on the promise.
Well put. I'm also holding for the long game, and indeed this is going to do a lot for the coin, maybe not in the short term but certainly in the long run as the system matures.
myagui
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 04:29:09 PM

While I partly agree with your thoughts there FreeJack2k, I can't help but feel frustrated at the fact that this update, yet again, pushes any tangible progression into a later date.

I am a miner, and a speculator, and a consumer.
Mining terms remain the same, as long as we're on the same blockchain. Speculation remains the same as it always is, some folks want it up, some want it down. All of this is fine by me.
However, by now, I was truly expecting that I could give some practical use to the coins I hold. It's an update in the right direction, just not at the pace I would have wanted. I still read it as positive, but definitely not ideal.

RoomBot
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1123

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 10:28:50 PM

Agreed with the last 3.

It has been far from "ideal" from the start.

Those of us who bought in at the pre-sale have had a long wait.

I think we all agree, it's still totally worth supporting, but maybe not so much investing....
Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 1364

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 01:06:57 AM

Thanks,

-J

This finally gives hope to all those Ziftrcoin holders/investors out there. Let's see if it can be kept up with development in order to ensure long term stability of the coin. GoPoints look pretty interesting and may prove to become a success if everything goes as planned. Merchant adoption will definitely increase adoption and awareness of cryptocurrencies. Just my opinion.  Cheesy

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
magaura
Legendary

Activity: 1029

View Profile
July 29, 2016, 11:26:56 AM

News? Smiley

JonHolmquist

Activity: 169
Merit: 101

Jon Holmquist

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2016, 06:38:04 PM

News? Smiley

Good timing:

---

GoPayWin adds a major merchant.

You've probably never purchased from SoClean unless you have sleep apnea, a common disorder that affects over 18 million in the U.S. alone. SoClean provides a device that  makes cleaning CPAP equipment easier.

Today, SoClean has started using GoPayWin's services to accept credit cards and digital currencies.

Over 100 million individuals are affected by sleep apnea worldwide. Now because of GoPayWin, customers have the option of paying with digital currencies, making this time-saving device finally accessible, no matter how you pay.

SoClean is a well-known brand, and a very well established merchant. "Now that CPAP users are aware of SoClean, the first automated cleaner, we are shipping thousands of units a month and doubled in size last year with a radio ad campaign." Mike Schmidt, President of SoClean said, "and the goal is to triple in size this year with the addition of TV. We are happy to expand our payment processing offerings to our customers."

GoPayWin is a payment processing platform, focused on optimizing the checkout with rewards to enable and encourage more sales.

RoomBot
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2016, 09:42:47 PM

Way cool, @JonHolmquist, but my coins have been "pending withdrawal" on ziftrcoin.com for months.

Support doesn't reply to me. 

How do I get my Pre-Sale coins onto the platform?  Thanks, in advance for your assistance.
JonHolmquist

Jon Holmquist

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2016, 12:59:50 AM

Way cool, @JonHolmquist, but my coins have been "pending withdrawal" on ziftrcoin.com for months.

Support doesn't reply to me. 

How do I get my Pre-Sale coins onto the platform?  Thanks, in advance for your assistance.

Shoot me an email to sales@gocoin.com and I'll sort you out.

RoomBot
Legendary

View Profile
July 30, 2016, 01:15:12 AM

Now that's customer care, thanks!   Smiley
JonHolmquist

Jon Holmquist

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2016, 05:16:05 PM

Issue above resolved.

RoomBot
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 10:08:10 PM
Last edit: August 03, 2016, 10:27:22 PM by RoomBot

Thanks again!

Got my coins.

My withdrawal wasn't "pending" for 13 months after all!  Grin Grin Grin

(edit: My wallet is almost synced --  just 22 weeks to go~!!   LOL )   Cheesy
Pages: « 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 »
  Print  

Jump to: