Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:28:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 [101] 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 ... 282 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [UNOFFICIAL] [VNL] Vanillacoin 0.4.1 | Instant ▱ Incentivized ▱ Innovative  (Read 433436 times)
etoque
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 08:59:22 PM

woot ! Smiley

americanpegasus: Go make your Pub elsewhere !  Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
traumschiff (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1001

180 BPM

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 09:48:38 PM

If you check back the 100 pages of this topic or visit our IRC channel you will see that compared to most altcoins on this forum there is almost 0 fud going on. I can only mention max 2-3 people here who tried it, but gave up after 1-2 pages, the atmosphere is really good in general.

The one salty user was banned out from the official forums early and he is having his issues since then, I can assure you there was never an instamine, megablocks or whatever he is talking about. There is a user on IRC who knows that guy IRL and even he was amazed by his delusion. He tried to extort money from John for giving up the subreddit name and after he didn't get it he started going ham.

On a sidenote, good luck with trying to fork VNL or ZeroTime, this isn't a clone of Bitcoin (and ZeroTime wouldn't work on a Bitcoin clone anyway) and without John's talent there would be nothing backing the technology.

bangomatic
Legendary

Activity: 1246

ARK Team likes to ban and delete posts in reddit.

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 09:52:59 PM
Last edit: July 30, 2015, 12:42:21 AM by bangomatic

google translate says wayne in some instances and vanillacoin in others. google translate is not always accurate though.
Za1n
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 02:58:09 AM

Project Facts

It is Angel Investor backed.
    It is my full time job working 12 hours a day 7 days a week.
    It has 6 months of Research and 12 months of Development put into it.
    It is developed by someone that has worked on every major peer-to-peer technology dating back 15 years.
    It is the most energy efficient crypto-currency designed to date.
    It is the first crypto-currency to encrypt all communications pathways.
    It launched with a fair solo distribution algorithm by defending the network from superscalar symmetric multiprocessors, super computers and bot nets.
    It is the first crypto-currency to generate Proof-of-Stake on mobile devices.
    This is just the beginning.

Thank you for your support.

Angel Investor Meeting

I have met with the Angel Investors. They are pleased with the results of the project and have decided to fund a 2nd round of full time development. This means the project will be able to remain at the same pace of development for at least 365 days from today. :cool:

So I never understood the whole need to promote this was angel investor backed anyway. I don't necessarily think this admission is a good thing, makes me wonder why John felt the need to put this on the list of Vanillacoin's features early on in the coins life, and the later announcement the angel investors approved another year of development. Why not just state the truth all along. Once one falsehood is revealed, makes people wonder what else was mis-stated, to be polite.

This does not mean I am giving up on Vanillacoin, but it is a bit unsettling to say the least.
anhpt192

Activity: 628
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 03:30:29 AM

If you check back the 100 pages of this topic or visit our IRC channel you will see that compared to most altcoins on this forum there is almost 0 fud going on. I can only mention max 2-3 people here who tried it, but gave up after 1-2 pages, the atmosphere is really good in general.

The one salty user was banned out from the official forums early and he is having his issues since then, I can assure you there was never an instamine, megablocks or whatever he is talking about. There is a user on IRC who knows that guy IRL and even he was amazed by his delusion. He tried to extort money from John for giving up the subreddit name and after he didn't get it he started going ham.

On a sidenote, good luck with trying to fork VNL or ZeroTime, this isn't a clone of Bitcoin (and ZeroTime wouldn't work on a Bitcoin clone anyway) and without John's talent there would be nothing backing the technology.

I follow this VNL at started time (even before that with 1st time failure launch). I can also confirm again that there was neither instanmine nor megablocks.
Nthused
Legendary

Activity: 1554

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 03:36:07 AM

I follow this VNL at started time (even before that with 1st time failure launch). I can also confirm again that there was neither instanmine nor megablocks.

I've been here from the start when fair mining with cpu and only 2 pc's per user was enabled, there was 1 guy who got caught cheating hardcore and john banned his ip and forfeited the users coins to the faucet, there was "clear" rules to make it fair, if you didn't abide by them then it's no one elses fault.
americanpegasus

Activity: 770

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 03:40:33 AM

I've been here from the start when fair mining with cpu and only 2 pc's per user was enabled, there was 1 guy who got caught cheating hardcore and john banned his ip and forfeited the users coins to the faucet, there was "clear" rules to make it fair, if you didn't abide by them then it's no one elses fault.

Huh??  

Banned his IP and forfeited his coins to the faucet.  I'm assuming you're talking about from control of the pool that was being used to mine?  

This is a decentralized technology as well, so I'm assuming that couldn't happen on an individual basis.  Or perhaps I am fundamentally misunderstanding something.  

Account is back under control of the real AmericanPegasus.
Dev_Sempak_coin

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 03:43:52 AM

waiting sell my vanilla at price 100ksatosi   Roll Eyes

Gleason

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2015, 03:49:13 AM
Last edit: July 30, 2015, 11:11:58 PM by Gleason

Huh?? 

Banned his IP and forfeited his coins to the faucet.  I'm assuming you're talking about from control of the pool that was being used to mine? 

This is a decentralized technology as well, so I'm assuming that couldn't happen on an individual basis.  Or perhaps I am fundamentally misunderstanding something. 

Edited/Correction. I was wrong.

Find one of a kind BTC, LTC and more Cryptomemorabilia at
http://www.cryptomemorabilia.com/
groggin
Legendary

Activity: 1894

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 03:56:59 AM

Huh??  

Banned his IP and forfeited his coins to the faucet.  I'm assuming you're talking about from control of the pool that was being used to mine?  

This is a decentralized technology as well, so I'm assuming that couldn't happen on an individual basis.  Or perhaps I am fundamentally misunderstanding something.  

it did happen. someone with an overwhelimgly powerful rig, early on. i did question john about it; if i understood his reply rightly our masterful dev used his coding skills to persuade the network to reject the offending blocks, by consensus

[edit!] it was NOT when pool mining - the event referred to occurred in december 2014, i believe

loose the sword that is your pen or tongue [or bittorrent enabled computer] and help fight the so-called new world order   it is the enemy of humanity[/b][/url]  |  Sign-up @ Aurovine to get FREE HD music ... and coins!| |
americanpegasus

Activity: 770

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 04:31:51 AM

it did happen. someone with an overwhelimgly powerful rig, early on. i did question john about it; if i understood his reply rightly our masterful dev used his coding skills to persuade the network to reject the offending blocks, by consensus

[edit!] it was NOT when pool mining - the event referred to occurred in december 2014, i believe

Ok, this is the concerning part.  

We agreed to have a fair and open watergun fight amongst ourselves in the school yard.  We are all using Wal-Mart squirter pistols and having a good time.  Then, a rich kid went and bought a Super Soaker 9 Billion XQT ReCharger and proceeded to light everyone up, and dominate the fight.  

The guy who invented all the cool rules of the watergun game said, "Hey, rich kid!  Go away!  You're making the game not fun for everyone else!" and the rich kid with his Super Soaker 9 Billion XQT said, "Fuck off, I'm playing by the same rules you are, I just have a better toy."  

So the kid who invented the game declared, "Ok guys, then from now on, we won't count any shots by Super Soakers.  Deal?" and everyone agreed because it made the game more fun.  

The kid took his Super Soaker and went home because no one wanted to play with him anymore.  

Do you see the problem with this?  Do you think that this game will pass a test for truly open and transparent going forward?  What happens when something else happens that someone doesn't like?  People will all just look to the leader kid and say, "Hey!  This is like that fucker with the Super Soaker!  John, do something!" and the 'leader' will be forced to declare new rules and regulations.... aka, centralization.  

John Connor was overwhelmingly a good guy, but (movie spoilers, spoiled in the movie trailer itself in the following image):  

https://i.imgur.com/CZxw2Lu.jpg
If algo or block manipulation has occurred in any way, this invalidates the entire currency and a new and impartial fork needs to restart from the genesis block.  The only time this is acceptable is if a user truly was irrevocably breaking the game forever afterwards (like creating fake blocks or fake coins), NOT if they were simply winning by using the best hardware.

Account is back under control of the real AmericanPegasus.
groggin
Legendary

Activity: 1894

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 04:44:14 AM

i remember being quite shocked at the time, but as i thought about it - new coin, not a copy-clone, ingenious dev = new pathways, = new rules.

and these had all been stated up front.

loose the sword that is your pen or tongue [or bittorrent enabled computer] and help fight the so-called new world order   it is the enemy of humanity[/b][/url]  |  Sign-up @ Aurovine to get FREE HD music ... and coins!| |
Q1Dilbry

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 04:57:04 AM

is this the correct thread ?
pseudonymdude
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 05:08:16 AM

is this the correct thread ?

This is the main unofficial community thread.

pseudonymdude
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 05:21:23 AM

Ok, this is the concerning part.  

We agreed to have a fair and open watergun fight amongst ourselves in the school yard.  We are all using Wal-Mart squirter pistols and having a good time.  Then, a rich kid went and bought a Super Soaker 9 Billion XQT ReCharger and proceeded to light everyone up, and dominate the fight.  

The guy who invented all the cool rules of the watergun game said, "Hey, rich kid!  Go away!  You're making the game not fun for everyone else!" and the rich kid with his Super Soaker 9 Billion XQT said, "Fuck off, I'm playing by the same rules you are, I just have a better toy."  

So the kid who invented the game declared, "Ok guys, then from now on, we won't count any shots by Super Soakers.  Deal?" and everyone agreed because it made the game more fun.  

The kid took his Super Soaker and went home because no one wanted to play with him anymore.  

Do you see the problem with this?  Do you think that this game will pass a test for truly open and transparent going forward?  What happens when something else happens that someone doesn't like?  People will all just look to the leader kid and say, "Hey!  This is like that fucker with the Super Soaker!  John, do something!" and the 'leader' will be forced to declare new rules and regulations.... aka, centralization.  

John Connor was overwhelmingly a good guy, but (movie spoilers, spoiled in the movie trailer itself in the following image):  

https://i.imgur.com/CZxw2Lu.jpg
If algo or block manipulation has occurred in any way, this invalidates the entire currency and a new and impartial fork needs to restart from the genesis block.  The only time this is acceptable is if a user truly was irrevocably breaking the game forever afterwards (like creating fake blocks or fake coins), NOT if they were simply winning by using the best hardware.

Coins weren't forfeited in solomining.  Network consensus forked wallets that tried to mine with more than one or two wallets per ip or something like that.  That stopped after the first pool was set up and the wallets were changed from only mining with 1 core to mining with the max the cpu could output.  Those wallets still had coins they made from before being forked.  They just had to get back on the right fork.

During cpu pool mining in which everyone was mining from John's pool, one or two people created private gpu miners, which were not allowed.  They had around half the hash so John sent their coins that had not been paid out yet to the faucet, and a little later, a public gpu miner was made available.

He was only trying to make the distribution fair while it was cpu mined.  As soon as gpu mining started, we tried to get public pools to add it, and suprnova added it somewhat quickly.

Edit: Oh yeah.  When C-cex messed up and lost people's coins, he didn't do anything.  So you're dead wrong about that.  He also stated he wouldn't mess with the blockchain.

darkslash

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 07:09:45 AM

i see a dump incoming  Shocked Shocked
ChompStory

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 07:10:25 AM

unfortunately the chinese exchange has ditched the idea to add vanillacoin   Sad Undecided Undecided

darkslash

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 07:11:15 AM

oh i can read the future i forgot to tell you guys there you go hahahah
traumschiff (OP)
Legendary

180 BPM

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 07:21:11 AM
Last edit: July 30, 2015, 09:54:39 AM by traumschiff

Project Facts

It is Angel Investor backed.
    It is my full time job working 12 hours a day 7 days a week.
    It has 6 months of Research and 12 months of Development put into it.
    It is developed by someone that has worked on every major peer-to-peer technology dating back 15 years.
    It is the most energy efficient crypto-currency designed to date.
    It is the first crypto-currency to encrypt all communications pathways.
    It launched with a fair solo distribution algorithm by defending the network from superscalar symmetric multiprocessors, super computers and bot nets.
    It is the first crypto-currency to generate Proof-of-Stake on mobile devices.
    This is just the beginning.

Angel Investor Meeting

I have met with the Angel Investors. They are pleased with the results of the project and have decided to fund a 2nd round of full time development. This means the project will be able to remain at the same pace of development for at least 365 days from today. :cool:

So I never understood the whole need to promote this was angel investor backed anyway. I don't necessarily think this admission is a good thing, makes me wonder why John felt the need to put this on the list of Vanillacoin's features early on in the coins life, and the later announcement the angel investors approved another year of development. Why not just state the truth all along. Once one falsehood is revealed, makes people wonder what else was mis-stated, to be polite.

This does not mean I am giving up on Vanillacoin, but it is a bit unsettling to say the least.

The only reason I see for the whole roleplaying: maybe John was unsure if he wants to lead a project as big as this, he has a family and kids and is probably doing well (financially - he isn't here to get rich) without a full time crypto project. He got to like the community and the acceptance that Vanillacoin has gotten after a few months, we probably passed his "test". You can be pretty sure that he is famous programmer IRL with his way of doing things.

traumschiff (OP)
Legendary

180 BPM

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 07:26:16 AM

unfortunately the chinese exchange has ditched the idea to add vanillacoin   Sad Undecided Undecided

You forgot this part:

<acoin> many vnl investor said 1szb  is a bad exchang for vnl, their boss feel bad
<acoin> so will not add it
<xCore> hu
<acoin> a very small exchange
<acoin> haha
<xCore> it's not a technical issue, so it's ok for me

As it turned out it's only a low volume exchange also I'm not surprised they can't work out the wallet without help, Bittrex needed a bit of help also.

Neither bleutrade nor c-cex could integrate it properly into the exchange, first ditched it second got asked to delist it since they mismanaged the wallet. This isn't a toy for wannabe exchanges who could add 20 bitcoin clones prior.

Try harder.

Pages: « 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 [101] 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 ... 282 »
  Print  

Jump to: