Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:56:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 ... 282 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [UNOFFICIAL] [VNL] Vanillacoin 0.4.1 | Instant ▱ Incentivized ▱ Innovative  (Read 433436 times)
groggin
Legendary

Activity: 1894
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 07:09:02 PM
Last edit: June 18, 2015, 07:37:36 PM by groggin

Can we go on Bter?

Cryptopia?  (need (hosted) pre-compiled linux bin)

- imho they're doing a gr8 job building their new exchange/mining/market place

loose the sword that is your pen or tongue [or bittorrent enabled computer] and help fight the so-called new world order   it is the enemy of humanity[/b][/url]  |  Sign-up @ Aurovine to get FREE HD music ... and coins!| |

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
anhpt192

Activity: 628
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 11:48:13 PM

I see a blank white page and can't find VNL from the trading menu on homepage

Chinese page, i cant read  Angry
kcanup
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 12:06:45 AM

Thats chinese exchange, if you can read the digits thats enough if you dont understand chinese also Smiley Even funny in google translated page, some coins name are different than we usually hear, also coin logo so be careful while trading there lol

BTW VNL isnt listed in Jubi yet, it was somebody pranked, no real news or anything yet  Wink
anhpt192

Activity: 628

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 02:28:43 AM

Thats chinese exchange, if you can read the digits thats enough if you dont understand chinese also Smiley Even funny in google translated page, some coins name are different than we usually hear, also coin logo so be careful while trading there lol

BTW VNL isnt listed in Jubi yet, it was somebody pranked, no real news or anything yet  Wink
thanks bro!
VNL is worth itself without some other exchanges like jubi Wink
jibble

Activity: 924

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 06:29:02 AM

https://github.com/john-connor/papers/blob/708f488c8c17e08a12bc4bdb4fc5ac1e2aaf6e24/zerotime.pdf
crypto research

Activity: 669

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 07:54:58 AM

Finally something new in the crypto world.
monsterer
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 08:27:54 AM

Interesting, but it also reminds me of the way the master nodes work in Dash. Differences?
traumschiff (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1498

180 BPM

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 08:57:26 AM
Last edit: June 19, 2015, 09:14:08 AM by traumschiff

Did you read the white paper? Yes or No?

The last time you got asked to move on IRC for a discussion you dropped the subject. I really don't understand you.

monsterer
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 09:13:54 AM

Your trying hard aren't you?

I did read the white paper, yes. To the casual observer (i.e. me), it seems that super nodes could be equivalent to master nodes in dash, and dash uses a similar transaction output locking mechanism to achieve it's 0 confirmation consensus. There is no description of their (super nodes) function in the paper.

However, I was just wondering if there are real, obvious differences which distinguish this implementation from that of Dash's.

I have put a pull request asking for more info, if that makes you happy.
Rols

Activity: 636

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 09:19:41 AM

I did read the white paper, yes. To the casual observer (i.e. me), it seems that super nodes could be equivalent to master nodes in dash, and dash uses a similar transaction output locking mechanism to achieve it's 0 confirmation consensus. There is no description of their (super nodes) function in the paper.

However, I was just wondering if there are real, obvious differences which distinguish this implementation from that of Dash's.

Dont worry. Traumschiff fights everyone that asks questions. He dont know a shit about programming but he is an expert in it.  Grin
traumschiff (OP)
Legendary

180 BPM

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 09:31:47 AM

Problem is the last time you were "wondering" about an implementation I asked you atleast 2 times to jump on IRC because John is the only person who can really answer you highly technical questions. You simply skipped this (acted as nothing happened), didn't join the IRC discussion and now you jump to your next questions.

Sorry, but this attitude isn't really making me happy.

traumschiff (OP)
Legendary

180 BPM

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 09:33:06 AM
Last edit: June 19, 2015, 11:03:33 AM by traumschiff

Dont worry. Traumschiff fights everyone that asks questions. He dont know a shit about programming but he is an expert in it.  Grin

Yup, I can't code, but that doesn't hold me down from answering most peoples requests since 70 pages. Problem?

Oh, I remember you. This is your quote: "Its you clueless people that put up the coin in exchanges before it was ready." after c-cex lost peoples Vanillas with the 3rd corrupted wallet.

SquidsIn

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 01:01:11 PM

I like Vanilla  Smiley

Me too.  I'd like it even more if I could figure out how to get MinerPP working with Cairnsmore CM1's and/or Ztex 1.15y.

Anybody here got any pointers?

Since getting into Cryptocurrency I've had many bags, all but two have varied over time.  Those are the two I see in the mirror where my eyes once shone.
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2015, 01:02:39 PM

I like Vanilla  Smiley

Me too.  I'd like it even more if I could figure out how to get MinerPP working with Cairnsmore CM1's and/or Ztex 1.15y.

Anybody here got any pointers?

You'd have to compile the .vcf as there is currently no Binfile and/or Bistream for those boards.

I'm waiting for them too

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
YarkoL
Legendary

Activity: 996
Merit: 1012

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 01:11:27 PM

Interesting, but it also reminds me of the way the master nodes work in Dash. Differences?

As I understand it... Masternodes are basically mixer nodes, but VNL does not
employ this kind of anonymity. Also the paper cites as reference
the "transaction locking" feature that was added later to masternodes,
but the mechanism is different, as with VNL the locking happens
through synchonization of "global transaction pool".

However, the paper speaks about "storage nodes" and "slots" without
defining them. A node (an "ordinary" one, I presume) must get information
about a given transaction from a set of storage nodes before it can consider the
transaction safe to spend.

A nonprofessional in P2P technology like myself can certainly get an impression
that the storage nodes are some kind of masternodes with special functions and privileges.
But perhaps they are simply the same as full nodes in Bitcoin, ie nodes that relay and retain transactions.

“God does not play dice"
maccaspacca

Activity: 278
Merit: 258

Twitter: @maccaspacca1

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 05:23:40 PM

about a given transaction from a set of storage nodes before it can consider the

that the storage nodes are some kind of masternodes with special functions and privileges.
But perhaps they are simply the same as full nodes in Bitcoin, ie nodes that relay and retain transactions.

The way I read it is that you are on the right track with "global transaction pool". The whole pool is a distributed p2p pool of ordinary nodes and at any one time some nodes act / emulate "super peers", "storage nodes" etc. They are not distinct or permanant entities and the roles move around between nodes as time progresses. The network as whole therefore acts as a distributed p2p application in real time and therefore is a truly distributed p2p decentralised system.

traumschiff (OP)
Legendary

180 BPM

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 05:51:05 PM
Last edit: June 19, 2015, 07:48:02 PM by traumschiff

The way I read it is that you are on the right track with "global transaction pool". The whole pool is a distributed p2p pool of ordinary nodes and at any one time some nodes act / emulate "super peers", "storage nodes" etc. They are not distinct or permanant entities and the roles move around between nodes as time progresses. The network as whole therefore acts as a distributed p2p application in real time and therefore is a truly distributed p2p decentralised system.

My 2 cents: This seems to be accurate. Also there will probably be no financial gain implemented into the system for superpeers (ie masternode and their bonus from tx's) so there should also be no entry barrier for peers (ie coins needed for masternodes).

An entry barrier could be a strong bandwidth or visibility settings (firewall,no VPN, whatever) so you can hold a high number of connections to the network. This would be therefore a decentralized network with volunteers that can be randomly chosen as superpeers. You just have to hit certain criteria, but this can be easily achieved for most people already in the modern world.

jibble

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 08:50:23 PM

The storage nodes will all tie into DarkPP , hosting a sort of tor like network, hosted completely on these storage nodes of vanilla coin.

They will likely have special functions, not just relaying and retaining transactions but all sorts of information , websites and the likes. i would assume they wouldn't have any special privileges as such  , Most likely nodes hosting information are likely to be unable to know what information it is exactly they are transmitting (this is for security reasons and safety) having all information sent across the nodes being encrypted.  
YarkoL
Legendary

Activity: 996
Merit: 1012

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 10:30:02 PM
Last edit: June 19, 2015, 10:40:23 PM by YarkoL

The storage nodes will all tie into DarkPP , hosting a sort of tor like network, hosted completely on these storage nodes of vanilla coin.

They will likely have special functions, not just relaying and retaining transactions but all sorts of information , websites and the likes. i would assume they wouldn't have any special privileges as such  , Most likely nodes hosting information are likely to be unable to know what information it is exactly they are transmitting (this is for security reasons and safety) having all information sent across the nodes being encrypted.  

Thanks for shedding light on this!

Although now I'm again somewhat lost on why full nodes that do
retain transactions in mempool and database need to depend
on these storage nodes, since the global tx pool was supposed to
do away with forking and double spend issues.

Personally I find a system with nodes that have special statuses (like masternodes)
a little lacking in aesthetics since decentralization to me implies an
equality of sorts among nodes. But if the barrier for entry/exit to
a special status is very low, then that is not a big deal... like in
Millenniumcoin, where you just announce your intention to become
a special node (not shilling here... just mentioning for illustration)

Furthermore, I strongly feel that the storage nodes ought to have either
privileges or some other incentives. In the case of Tor, there is a continuous
dearth of relaying nodes, which leads to a serious vulnerabilities, and this is
because (sadly!) there are too few people who are ready to share out their
resources for purely idealistic reasons. I don't think for a second that
this could work in crypto, so some rewards are needed.

“God does not play dice"
jibble

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 10:48:43 PM

Thanks for shedding light on this!

Although now I'm again somewhat lost on why full nodes that do
retain transactions in mempool and database need to depend
on these storage nodes, since the global tx pool was supposed to
do away with forking and double spend issues.

Personally I find a system with nodes that have special statuses (like masternodes)
a little lacking in aesthetics since decentralization to me implies an
equality of sorts among nodes. But if the barrier for entry/exit to
a special status is very low, then that is not a big deal... like in
Millenniumcoin, where you just announce your intention to become
a special node (not shilling, but mentioning for illustration)

Furthermore, I strongly feel that the storage nodes ought to have either
privileges or some other incentives. In the case of Tor, there is a continuous
dearth of relaying nodes, which leads to a serious vulnerabilities, and this is
because (sadly!) there are too few people who are ready to share out their
resources for purely idealistic reasons. I don't think for a second that
this could work in crypto, so some rewards are needed.

From my understanding , Bitcoin nodes relay transactions, the transactions are all different depending on which nodes relay which transaction until it reached the blockchain.

With vanilla all node transactions are synced together, they all relay the same transactions using UDP tables to sync them all up before pushing forward into the blockchain. so when a transaction is relayed , all nodes in the network are aware of the transaction at the same time, this prevents collusion between bad acting nodes trying to push thru false transactions or making a longer chain to compete and take over /double spending
Pages: « 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 ... 282 »
  Print  

Jump to: