Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 06:33:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 [106] 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 ... 282 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [UNOFFICIAL] [VNL] Vanillacoin 0.4.1 | Instant ▱ Incentivized ▱ Innovative  (Read 433436 times)
groggin
Legendary

Activity: 1894
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 08:01:01 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=890388.0   12/12/14
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=903033.0  12/22/14

loose the sword that is your pen or tongue [or bittorrent enabled computer] and help fight the so-called new world order   it is the enemy of humanity[/b][/url]  |  Sign-up @ Aurovine to get FREE HD music ... and coins!| |

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
goldmaxx

Activity: 894
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 08:01:58 PM

http://vanillacoin.net/papers/vanillacoin.pdf

Also, it would be usefull to read this thread: https://talk.vanillacoin.net/topic/5/launch (1.5k Posts) to have a full picture, why VNL distribution is the fairest you could ever imagine.

I will read some of this and get back to you. 

I consider the bitcoin ledger to be the public ledger for all projects.  Did VanillaCoin also happen to make a blockchain announcement so we can effectively date the launch?

What are you? The altcoin FBI?

americanpegasus

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 08:10:06 PM

I am the person here trying to understand your project and give it as much credence as I can while I investigate all the details.  

There's a few different hurdles that Vanillacoin needs to jump through (that all new cryptocurrencies must jump through) in order to validate its existence:  

- Is the technology completely new and needed?  
- Is it completely open source and the development transparent?  
- Was the launch also totally transparent and fair?  
- Is the distribution such that the intent is to distribute the coins widely to those willing to work for them (as opposed to making a few insiders rich)?  
- Can this coin feasibly scale and grow in the future?  

I'm trying to determine if VanillaCoin can pass all five of these checks, and if so, it deserves consideration as a future cryptocurrency staple.  

There's allegations currently of a skewed launch though, and if they have merit, the genesis block needs to be restarted.  If they are just FUD, then they need to be put to rest forever.  

I am also hearing allegations that the distribution is flawed, so we are checking on that as well.  

I would advise you, if you haven't already, to post something to the bitcoin blockchain that can timestamp your claim of existence.  I personally believe that you didn't/can't alter those bitcoin talk thread dates, but having something in the bitcoin blockchain is the only 100% way to eliminate all doubt about your existence at a certain time.  For an example of why this might be important, check out Bytecoin and their storied past.

Account is back under control of the real AmericanPegasus.
traumschiff (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1498

180 BPM

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 08:23:43 PM

- Is the technology completely new and needed?   Yes, the Bitcoin protocol is old and Vanillacoin can scale a lot better considering the architecture.
- Is it completely open source and the development transparent?  Completely open source, check github and development is transparent.
- Was the launch also totally transparent and fair?  No coin has such a fair distribution, check the graph posted a few pages back.
- Is the distribution such that the intent is to distribute the coins widely to those willing to work for them (as opposed to making a few insiders rich)?  Check last response
- Can this coin feasibly scale and grow in the future?  https://talk.vanillacoin.net/topic/164/how-will-the-vnl-blockchain-scale | https://talk.vanillacoin.net/topic/117/multitier-architecture

Also please stop being hiddenly negative, there are no allegations. We have 100+ pages of positive comments and only 4 people tried to troll here. Compare that to any other top 10 cryptos thread.

luckygenough56
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1012

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 08:24:07 PM

http://vanillacoin.net/papers/vanillacoin.pdf

Also, it would be usefull to read this thread: https://talk.vanillacoin.net/topic/5/launch (1.5k Posts) to have a full picture, why VNL distribution is the fairest you could ever imagine.

I will read some of this and get back to you. 

I consider the bitcoin ledger to be the public ledger for all projects.  Did VanillaCoin also happen to make a blockchain announcement so we can effectively date the launch?

What are you? The altcoin FBI?

Maybe we should have sent him a letter Smiley
groggin
Legendary

Activity: 1894

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 08:25:18 PM
Last edit: July 31, 2015, 08:38:55 PM by groggin

-  Is the technology completely new and needed?   VNL solves many of the difficulties associated w/BTC
- Is it completely open source and the development transparent?  AFAIK, open and transparent
- Was the launch also totally transparent and fair?  i was there and yes it was
- Is the distribution such that the intent is to distribute the coins widely to those willing to work for them (as opposed to making a few insiders rich)?    100% emphatacally YES
- Can this coin feasibly scale and grow in the future?   from my time spent lurking in irc, scalability is not a problem

go to
https://www.poloniex.com/exchange#btc_vnl

and zoom out all the way. look at the graph. is there any sign of massive dumping? (how i wish there was, lol)

also, coin++, dark++ will enable other curancys to benefit from j.-c.'s work - should give a hefty lift to the alt scene imo

loose the sword that is your pen or tongue [or bittorrent enabled computer] and help fight the so-called new world order   it is the enemy of humanity[/b][/url]  |  Sign-up @ Aurovine to get FREE HD music ... and coins!| |
americanpegasus

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 08:39:02 PM

- Is the technology completely new and needed?   Yes, the Bitcoin protocol is old and Vanillacoin can scale a lot better considering the architecture.
- Is it completely open source and the development transparent?  Completely open source, check github and development is transparent.
- Was the launch also totally transparent and fair?  No coin has such a fair distribution, check the graph posted a few pages back.
- Is the distribution such that the intent is to distribute the coins widely to those willing to work for them (as opposed to making a few insiders rich)?  Check last response
- Can this coin feasibly scale and grow in the future?  https://talk.vanillacoin.net/topic/164/how-will-the-vnl-blockchain-scale | https://talk.vanillacoin.net/topic/117/multitier-architecture

Also please stop being hiddenly negative, there are no allegations. We have 100+ pages of positive comments and only 4 people tried to troll here. Compare that to any other top 10 cryptos thread.

It's not my intent to be hiddenly negative.  

If this were DingleberryCoin I wouldn't waste my time.  The premise actually sounds quite interesting and as an independent code base that claims to be massively scalable with the ability to instantly re-spend, it would solve one of the gaping holes in crypto: "How will we buy our coffee with this technology?"  

However, one of the first things I did when I learned about VanillaCoin was check to see if you have an active Reddit community and so I manually typed in www.reddit.com/r/vanillacoin and immediately found that an angry user had hijacked the name and was posting negative things about it.  

I can understand if it is frustrating to have a great new product and have a few salty people saying malicious things about it, but the truth should not fear any inquiry and should be able to withstand all scrutiny that comes its way.  That the lead (and only?) developer has already told a small fib about having investors is somewhat troubling.  

If Vanillacoin intends to become a dominant crypto, it should be prepared to have every angle and aspect scrutinized and attacked, and should be able to withstand such attacks.  I'll continue to read and learn more about you and your technology. 

Does john_connor welcome additional developers and help with his project if they are inclined?

traumschiff (OP)
Legendary

180 BPM

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 08:42:20 PM

It's not my intent to be hiddenly negative.  

If this were DingleberryCoin I wouldn't waste my time.  The premise actually sounds quite interesting and as an independent code base that claims to be massively scalable with the ability to instantly re-spend, it would solve one of the gaping holes in crypto: "How will we buy our coffee with this technology?"  

However, one of the first things I did when I learned about VanillaCoin was check to see if you have an active Reddit community and so I manually typed in www.reddit.com/r/vanillacoin and immediately found that an angry user had hijacked the name and was posting negative things about it.  

I can understand if it is frustrating to have a great new product and have a few salty people saying malicious things about it, but the truth should not fear any inquiry and should be able to withstand all scrutiny that comes its way.  That the lead (and only?) developer has already told a small fib about having investors is somewhat troubling.  

If Vanillacoin intends to become a dominant crypto, it should be prepared to have every angle and aspect scrutinized and attacked, and should be able to withstand such attacks.  I'll continue to read and learn more about you and your technology.  

Does john_connor welcome additional developers and help with his project if they are inclined?

I already explained this to you when you first asked. The subreddit was registered by someone who was banned from the forum early and after he tried to extort the developer from money for the subreddit ownership and failed, he started fudding. This was already explained to you.

What you state here is that you have to make sure this isn't a scam because you read something that was already explained to you. The private messages of the mentioned individual were copied to IRC when he tried to extort.

So yeah, I take it for hidden negativity if you keep basing your questions on that 1 individuals statements.

americanpegasus

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 08:46:04 PM

I already explained this to you when you first asked. The subreddit was registered by someone who was banned from the forum early and after he tried to extort the developer from money for the subreddit ownership and failed he started fudding. This was already explained to you.

What you state here is that you have to make sure this isn't a scam because you read something that was already explained it to you. The private messages of the mentioned individual were copied to IRC when he tried to extort.

So yeah, I take it for hidden negativity if you keep basing your questions on that 1 individuals statements.

Right, and I appreciate your explanation.  

I know from personal experience that Reddit admins take any attempt to sell and/or extort money for a subreddit very seriously.  If you have proof of this, it is likey that Reddit admins will happily turn over control of that subreddit to you.  I know how frustrating it can be to have someone squat your natural subreddit name and use it to smear you, so if that is what is happening, you have my sympathies.

traumschiff (OP)
Legendary

180 BPM

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 08:51:50 PM

I already explained this to you when you first asked. The subreddit was registered by someone who was banned from the forum early and after he tried to extort the developer from money for the subreddit ownership and failed he started fudding. This was already explained to you.

What you state here is that you have to make sure this isn't a scam because you read something that was already explained it to you. The private messages of the mentioned individual were copied to IRC when he tried to extort.

Right, and I appreciate your explanation.  

I know from personal experience that Reddit admins take any attempt to sell and/or extort money for a subreddit very seriously.  If you have proof of this, it is likey that Reddit admins will happily turn over control of that subreddit to you.

They were contacted as far as I know, no response so far. You could say the same from BCT admins, but to be real, this isn't how things work on a global scale on the internet.

On a sidenote: I'm not trying to advise you on your investments nor do I ask you to believe everything people state on forums, the best is always to do your own research. The best fact that probably goes inline with our discussion is that we got added to Poloniex while almost no new cryptocurrencies get there, and prior to addition (and also prior them lowering the needed deposit confirmations to 1) they reviewed Vanillacoins codebase. Bitcoin was the only currency they allowed 1 confirmation deposits @ Poloniex. As far as I know they don't accept InstantX from Dash to speed up deposits (please correct me if I'm wrong here, the last time I checked this was the situation) and I'm pretty sure they will accept ZeroTime as it will be a clean, decentralized instant transaction technology that can not be double spent.

americanpegasus

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 08:57:32 PM

As I read through your materials, can you advise me on the privacy level of VanillaCoin in layman's terms? 

For example, with bitcoin everyone can see every transaction and link them to pseduoanonymous addresses. 

With cryptonote based coins, you can see transactions, but there is a level of plausible deniability with who they belong to controlled via the mixin. 

With vanilla coin.....?

traumschiff (OP)
Legendary

180 BPM

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 09:09:06 PM
Last edit: July 31, 2015, 10:21:07 PM by traumschiff

As I read through your materials, can you advise me on the privacy level of VanillaCoin in layman's terms?  

For example, with bitcoin everyone can see every transaction and link them to pseduoanonymous addresses.  

With cryptonote based coins, you can see transactions, but there is a level of plausible deniability with who they belong to controlled via the mixin.  

With vanilla coin.....?

I'll correct you a bit, on cryptonote you can see transactions but you can't link them to any wallets. DASH does mixing, but with the help of masternodes which are nodes you can only run if you have enough DASH and they also pay you for running them. A big % of masternodes are in the same hands meaning its a rather centralized approach.

Vanillacoin isn't an anon crypto, it's only privacy focused. Here your ISP can not see that you are running a crypto node, they can not link transactions to you. DarkPP will bring more privacy focused features, but there will be no info on it until Q3, check to OP for the available information on it.

Edit.: made the answer a bit clearer

STEALTHMODE

Activity: 329
Merit: 250

No TX Fees #JustRaiBlocks

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 09:21:43 PM

thefix
Legendary

Activity: 1049

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 10:24:50 PM

1      anonymous    31,026,594    KH/s         975.420 VNL/Day

That is a ton of hash from one person
traumschiff (OP)
Legendary

180 BPM

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 10:42:58 PM
Last edit: August 01, 2015, 11:20:50 PM by traumschiff

1      anonymous    31,026,594    KH/s         975.420 VNL/Day

That is a ton of hash from one person

50 r9 290x's if from the public gpu miner, 30 if from a private like what Wolf made or 50 ztex boards (but that miner is in the testing phase and not released). Not that much.

statdude
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 11:19:28 PM
Last edit: August 01, 2015, 12:34:07 AM by statdude

Vanillacoin Emissions Curve

Ill just leave that here

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█ ███████████████████████ █
█ █████     █ ▀██████████ █
█ █████     █   ▀████████ █
█ █████  ██ █     ▀██████ █

█ █████  ▀▀ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█ █████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █████ █
█ █████             █████ █
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
  Website
    Twitter
      Gitlab
      Reddit
    Telegram
Whitepaper
█ ███▄    ███████▀   ▄███ █
█ ████▌    █████▀    ████ █
█ ████▌     ███▀     ████ █
█ ████▌▐█    █▀ █    ████ █
█ ████▌▐██     ██    ████ █
█ ████▌▐███   ███    ████ █
█ ███▀  ▀███ ███▀    ▀███ █
ancientcoins
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1003

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 11:53:14 PM

With vanilla coin.....?

I'll correct you a bit, on cryptonote you can see transactions but you can't link them to any wallets. DASH does mixing, but with the help of masternodes which are nodes you can only run if you have enough DASH and they also pay you for running them. A big % of masternodes are in the same hands meaning its a rather centralized approach.

Vanillacoin isn't an anon crypto, it's only privacy focused. Here your ISP can not see that you are running a crypto node, they can not link transactions to you. DarkPP will bring more privacy focused features, but there will be no info on it until Q3, check to OP for the available information on it.

Edit.: made the answer a bit clearer

darkpp holds most of the value in my opinion.

A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
`Join us:██`Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github`
.ATHERO
.Internet 3.0 solution
statdude
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 12:57:13 AM

I go through Chinese translation, it's a shit, I am a Chinese speaker and can't understand the translation mean, it's translated by robot, this is for sure.

Can anyone in here that's chinese rewrite it, anyone want to commit a bounty?

█ █████     █ ▀██████████ █
█ █████     █   ▀████████ █
█ █████  ██ █     ▀██████ █

█ █████  ▀▀ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█ █████             █████ █
  Website
    Twitter
      Gitlab
      Reddit
    Telegram
Whitepaper
█ ███▄    ███████▀   ▄███ █
█ ████▌    █████▀    ████ █
█ ████▌     ███▀     ████ █
█ ████▌▐█    █▀ █    ████ █
█ ████▌▐██     ██    ████ █
█ ████▌▐███   ███    ████ █
█ ███▀  ▀███ ███▀    ▀███ █
Aktor

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 08:55:38 AM

Can anyone share a example configs for the faster smelter miner for win and 280x.DO I need to write only "- g 2 - w 128" ?
Thank you
traumschiff (OP)
Legendary

180 BPM

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 09:40:56 AM

Can anyone share a example configs for the faster smelter miner for win and 280x.DO I need to write only "- g 2 - w 128" ?
Thank you

smelter -o stratum+tcp://vnl.suprnova.cc:1111 -u password.worker -p x -g 2 -W 128

or you can try -w 256 it may work better with some 280x cards. It's a closed source miner, but it's clean and almost everyone (who can not code a better one) is using it. Not many options available to play with in it's bat file.

Pages: « 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 [106] 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 ... 282 »
  Print  

Jump to: