Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:18:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 [134] 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 ... 282 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [UNOFFICIAL] [VNL] Vanillacoin 0.4.1 | Instant ▱ Incentivized ▱ Innovative  (Read 433436 times)
brownmon

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 07:14:49 PM

This does not make any sense. After talking to John "Who says I am anonymous" Conner, I have sold. I went to trouble to get someone to code review, and there is fake code? It was embarrassing, and I don't even grasp why anyone would do that. This might be the most amazing coin ever, but with him being anon and not wanting anyone else on the team, and being manic depressive, or autistic, or something, it will make things very difficult. Maybe he is a true genius, but these are very bad decisions and they cast too much reasonable doubt about the project. Why would he get more attention after he wasted people's time? That isn't how the world works.

1. Early on you mentioned getting your friend to do a code review on Vanilla...(This was pre ZeroTime back then)
2. You mentioned that your friend looked over the code and could see NO reason why it wasn't original with all the detailed code
3. There was never an official report released by "your friend"
4. Where is there fake code? The ZeroTime branch on git is from like a month ago. We all knew that John was still working on it and uploading content.
5. Did your friend then look over neutered code on git without even talking to IRC crowd and John...lets just go blind on this...lol
6. The ZeroTime code is on testnet right now...and there is a bounty to prove a double-spend attack
7. John has 50,000 lines of ZeroTime code to upload and is currently doing so on git
8. Don't character attack people that you don't know...it's rude
9. I will continue to laugh at people like you who want to be crypto famous on twitter and facebook(barf) while standing on the skulls of others

I'm not CryptoClub, but:

Presumably his friend did not bother finishing a report, if he was writing one, as the code was revealed to be 'fake'.

4. Where is there fake code? The ZeroTime branch on git is from like a month ago. We all knew that John was still working on it and uploading content.

The fake code was on github: https://twitter.com/john_a_connor/status/629905689075253248

I've never seen so many #shitcoin #liars ever. I post fake ZT code to call them out and it worked. Show me this non-exploit LOLZ.

6. The ZeroTime code is on testnet right now...and there is a bounty to prove a double-spend attack

The 'code' is not now on testnet per se, but the binaries.  The code is not available.

7. John has 50,000 lines of ZeroTime code to upload and is currently doing so on git

50,000 lines sounds like a lot, but it should take less than 10 minutes to upload.

Looks to me like John A. Connor's being the rude one.  Look at his tweets.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
leetcoiner

Activity: 1056
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 07:25:38 PM

too much whales on VNL  pumping and dumping playing with alot of BTC's

Even (IF) zero time will be released it is already calculated in price....

really sad that whales fuck up everything
brownmon

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 07:32:14 PM

You still seem confused.  Let me try once again to clarify.  The code can be compiled to run on any of the systems you mentioned originally.  I understand your concern is that you want to compile the iOS version so that you know you are getting the correct wallet not a manipulated one.  What you seem to not be wanting to accept is that it CAN be compiled on iOS IF you happen to have the ability to do so but this would be a huge pain in the ass.  What people actually do in practice is compile things on their workstations for whatever platform and then run it on the respective platform. Nothing that dev does aside from writing a compiler for your platform is going to make the process any easier.  

Just to summarize once more, you can go ahead and compile it for whatever hardware you want, on whatever you are able to.  The ability to compile it ON a certain device is not a limitation of the code.

OK great, but how is that different to other coins?  The graphic claimed that no other cryptocurrency could do this.  Another poster in this thread is claiming that he has done this with other coins.

if you look back the person who runs that twitter took the time to respond to your concerns in this very thread.  It's directly above the message of mine you quoted.

OK thanks, I didn't notice that from traumschiff.  Would be good if you guys worked with the graphic creator to create and post a more accurate new infographic about VNL's unique features.

I'm having trouble figuring out what the actual real features of this coin so far are, (and I don't trust zerotime yet,) but presumably there is something good happening if Polo are accepting VNL with only 1 confirmation.  Would be good if there was some clear info about this out there.
nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 07:34:35 PM

too much whales on VNL  pumping and dumping playing with alot of BTC's

You think a coin that has solved double spending and confirms under a second is valued right at 1m marketcap?

hahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha what whales? The vol is like 50btc meanwhile Eth has a VOL over 5,000btc!

People have been holding the price down accumulating, that's a fact looking at wallets. A the smart money has been quietly accumulating while FUDing the coin cause they know that this coin has the potential to explode 10x easy.
solid12345
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 07:39:28 PM

Am I the only one who thinks this fake code thing is overblown?

As I understand it not 100% of the code is fake but just snippets here and there, mostly hiding the secret cause to prevent copy/pasters. I see nothing wrong with a dev protecting his work in the initial stages and throwing off copiers, would people prefer it be totally closed source instead?
nextgencoin
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 07:41:59 PM

Am I the only one who thinks this fake code thing is overblown?

As I understand it not 100% of the code is fake but just snippets here and there, mostly hiding the secret cause to prevent copy/pasters. I see nothing wrong with a dev protecting his work in the initial stages and throwing off copiers, would people prefer it be totally closed source instead?

It's called FUD, vanilla coin gets loads cause people want to buy it, I know weird eh.
brownmon

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 07:44:07 PM

too much whales on VNL  pumping and dumping playing with alot of BTC's

You think a coin that has solved double spending and confirms under a second is valued right at 1m marketcap?

hahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha what whales? The vol is like 50btc meanwhile Eth has a VOL over 5,000btc!

We don't know that VNL has solved these issues yet.

That's not FUD.  Take VNL to any researcher in the field and ask them if VNL has solved the double-spending problem and whether zerotime is everything it's claimed to be.  Their answers will all be "I don't know because I can't see the code.  And isn't there a more detailed whitepaper?"

How is this FUD?
hokus_pokus

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 07:48:56 PM

This does not make any sense. After talking to John "Who says I am anonymous" Conner, I have sold. I went to trouble to get someone to code review, and there is fake code? It was embarrassing, and I don't even grasp why anyone would do that. This might be the most amazing coin ever, but with him being anon and not wanting anyone else on the team, and being manic depressive, or autistic, or something, it will make things very difficult. Maybe he is a true genius, but these are very bad decisions and they cast too much reasonable doubt about the project. Why would he get more attention after he wasted people's time? That isn't how the world works.

1. Early on you mentioned getting your friend to do a code review on Vanilla...(This was pre ZeroTime back then)
2. You mentioned that your friend looked over the code and could see NO reason why it wasn't original with all the detailed code
5. Did your friend then look over neutered code on git without even talking to IRC crowd and John...lets just go blind on this...lol
9. I will continue to laugh at people like you who want to be crypto famous on twitter and facebook(barf) while standing on the skulls of others

I'm not CryptoClub, but:

Presumably his friend did not bother finishing a report, if he was writing one, as the code was revealed to be 'fake'.

The fake code was on github: https://twitter.com/john_a_connor/status/629905689075253248

I've never seen so many #shitcoin #liars ever. I post fake ZT code to call them out and it worked. Show me this non-exploit LOLZ.

The 'code' is not now on testnet per se, but the binaries.  The code is not available.

50,000 lines sounds like a lot, but it should take less than 10 minutes to upload.

Looks to me like John A. Connor's being the rude one.  Look at his tweets.

Nice try, but your DISINFO is not going to work here.

P.S. 
You skipped numbers - 1, 2, 5, and 9 -  "Presumably" on purpose
brownmon

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 07:56:13 PM

P.S.  
You skipped numbers - 1, 2, 5, and 9 -  "Presumably" on purpose

Not really sure what DISINFO you mean; can you elaborate please?

"1. Early on you mentioned getting your friend to do a code review on Vanilla...(This was pre ZeroTime back then)"

It's not my friend; I don't really know about this.

"2. You mentioned that your friend looked over the code and could see NO reason why it wasn't original with all the detailed code"

I don't know about this as it wasn't my friend or me who were involved.

"5. Did your friend then look over neutered code on git without even talking to IRC crowd and John...lets just go blind on this...lol"

I don't know about this, but it doesn't really seem like IRC is the place for sensible discussion.  I've seen logs and it's just like this thread -- Hypers or zombies caught in a cult of personality rabidly attacking anyone with questions or criticism, shouting "FUD FUD FUD!" with no clue of what they're talking about.  And dev isn't much better in that regard.

"9. I will continue to laugh at people like you who want to be crypto famous on twitter and facebook(barf) while standing on the skulls of others"

Doesn't sound like you're very grateful to him for attempting to get a code review organised.  Are code reviews of VNL code unwelcome?
hokus_pokus

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 08:08:54 PM

P.S.  

Not really sure what DISINFO you mean; can you elaborate please?

"1. Early on you mentioned getting your friend to do a code review on Vanilla...(This was pre ZeroTime back then)"

It's not my friend; I don't really know about this.

"2. You mentioned that your friend looked over the code and could see NO reason why it wasn't original with all the detailed code"

I don't know about this as it wasn't my friend or me who were involved.

"5. Did your friend then look over neutered code on git without even talking to IRC crowd and John...lets just go blind on this...lol"

I don't know about this, but it doesn't really seem like IRC is the place for sensible discussion.  I've seen logs and it's just like this thread -- Hypers or zombies caught in a cult of personality rabidly attacking anyone with questions or criticism, shouting "FUD FUD FUD!" with no clue of what they're talking about.  And dev isn't much better in that regard.

"9. I will continue to laugh at people like you who want to be crypto famous on twitter and facebook(barf) while standing on the skulls of others"

Doesn't sound like you're very grateful to him for attempting to get a code review organised.  Are code reviews of VNL code unwelcome?
If you are not CryptoClub then why the hell are you trying to answer for him?? 

Seems like you are just trying to spread DISINFO which means Disinformation (look it up ) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disinformation

brownmon

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 08:14:09 PM

If you are not CryptoClub then why the hell are you trying to answer for him?? 

Seems like you are just trying to spread DISINFO which means Disinformation (look it up ) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disinformation

Because I had answers or things to say about some of those questions.  I did say above it "I'm not CryptoClub, but:"

Disinformation is intentionally false or inaccurate information that is spread deliberately.

Please identify a specific example of me spreading disinformation relating to VNL.
Delita Heiral

Activity: 263
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 08:32:21 PM

shapetwist

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 09:12:27 PM

+1 respect.

$APX - AstroPepeX - 1st AI developed ETH token
NoobSilence

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 09:16:18 PM

Kiss CryptoClub Kiss
pseudonymdude
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 09:38:26 PM

P.S.  

Haha!  You have no idea what you're talking about and completely ignored my earlier post.  Cryptoclub said he got a bitcoin core dev to look into the VNL code several months back, maybe April.  He said the bitcoin core dev said the code was the real deal, but it would take many months to go through it and that maybe he wouldn't post a review at all.

Regarding code reviews, Poloniex already did a code review, as I stated earlier.  Their conclusion was to lower required VNL confirmations to 1.  VNL is the only coin other than BTC that only requires 1 confirmation.  Read what I wrote previously to test:

You can test this by sending PPC and VNL to Poloniex or by looking at their API here: https://poloniex.com/public?command=returnCurrencies

You'll see "minConf":6, for PPC and "minConf":1, for VNL.

On a side note, from  a message I received from CryptoClub, I now strongly suspect he is behind a few accounts, trying to manipulate the price lower.  He wrote, "Let other people review the code." when all the code was open sourced and zerotime will be open sourced once committed, and he complained about john's personality again when everyone's known about that since the beginning.  It sounds he's trying to drive home BS points through multiple accounts.

MemoryShock

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 10:02:04 PM

He didn't get a bitcoin core dev.  He got a friend of his who is knowledgable.  Considering that CryptoClub is a huge proponent of HZ and has been a part of that community from close to the beginning, I am presuming he got someone from that project to take a look.

He further promised a report (like he was/is an authority able to delegate like that) and that never happened.

His words have nothing to do with the project anyway and discussing his uninvited and perhaps presumptious talking points is an exercise in 'wheel spinning'.

My two cents.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  I/O DIGITAL
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
iodigital.io & iocoin.io

█████████████████
███████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████
█████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
pseudonymdude
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 10:12:08 PM

He didn't get a bitcoin core dev.  He got a friend of his who is knowledgable.  Considering that CryptoClub is a huge proponent of HZ and has been a part of that community from close to the beginning, I am presuming he got someone from that project to take a look.

He further promised a report (like he was/is an authority able to delegate like that) and that never happened.

His words have nothing to do with the project anyway and discussing his uninvited and perhaps presumptious talking points is an exercise in 'wheel spinning'.

My two cents.

Nope, he said it was a Bitcoin Dev.  I assumed core.  Also, it was in May.  He may have said it earlier in IRC though; not sure about that.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=977245.msg11401870#msg11401870

See text:
Not sure if I mentioned it here, but a Bitcoin dev I know is doing a code review for Vanillacoin. Funny thing, he was commenting in my group about some other coin he didn't approve of code-wise, and I explained I can't really do code reviews and I just go on the fundamentals. Anyway, he want's to help out the crypto scene and is working on the code review for Vanillacoin. Super technical and it will be a paper, but what I know so far is it definitely isn't a scam based on sheer amount of work, and he agrees it "shines" compared to most alts. He had some pros and cons, and I tried to explain it was still in progress and being worked on. Anyway, it was good enough news that I bought more. Smiley

When it is done I will publish on my website cryptocollectorsclub.com, and in the group link at the bottom of my sig. I asked him to do SDC next just as I have always been curious how good or bad the code is on that as well.

I am the guy

Activity: 237

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 01:09:32 AM

(mining question) I'm only getting like ~50 MH/s from my 270x card. Does anyone else have 270x? Would be great to see your bat file config settings.

270MH/s on 270x card - with smelter miner by Smolen from OP. Be sure, you don't have old Catalyst driver. I have 15.4 Beta driver now.

Edit> bat file: smelter -o stratum+tcp://vnl.suprnova.cc:1111 -u Weblogin.WorkerName -p WorkerPassword -g 4 -W 64
Thanks  Smiley

kpierce77
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 01:45:58 AM

Um... People might be waking up to the reality that things aren't quite what they seem with this coin. I think people need to know 1) who is the mystery angel investor? 2) Who really is the dev? 3) We need an unbiased code review. 4) why are people saying this isn't original code when it was claimed to be? The price is reflecting people's uncertainty at this point.
nextgencoin
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 01:54:26 AM

Um... People might be waking up to the reality that things aren't quite what they seem with this coin. I think people need to know 1) who is the mystery angel investor? 2) Who really is the dev? 3) We need an unbiased code review. 4) why are people saying this isn't original code when it was claimed to be? The price is reflecting people's uncertainty at this point.

The price is reflecting the quantity of FUD lets be clear...

Any day now we are getting a full whitepaper, and zerotime is on testnet wit a bounty to break it, soon to go live....what more can a developer do?

The issue is this Vanilla coin walks all over coins like Dash and Monero which has the biggest bunch of assholes as supporters and will attack with vengence anything that threatens their territory. But if your smart you will know they are buying as well. haha
Pages: « 1 ... 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 [134] 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 ... 282 »
  Print  

Jump to: