Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:26:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 282 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [UNOFFICIAL] [VNL] Vanillacoin 0.4.1 | Instant ▱ Incentivized ▱ Innovative  (Read 433436 times)
Zuikkis

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 10:11:11 AM

What's the highest hashrate for 280x with private kernel at this time?İf it's effective possible to buy ))... i have 25 280x for gpu mining.

I'm currently running 501MH/s, it's 280x @ 1140MHz.

If you can run higher clock, just multiply the hashrate.. It is directly proportional, because this algo uses no memory. Memclock can be set to lowest you can, hashrate is not affected.
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jimlite
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1018

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2015, 04:44:53 PM

If any of you coders that made custom miners that get 500MH/s on widows 280x cards, pm me.  I am a trusted member of the community, started the VNL IRC channel, and would offer a % of my VNL mining without need to worry about leaks. I mine with 8 280x cards. I believe in the coin and plan on holding them. Thanks.

Binance, hottest/largest alt exchange, 2BTC daily no verification. https://www.binance.com/?ref=13309371
NEED TO RENT A RIG? All algos at http://www.miningrigrentals.com/register?ref=627

✵ Super FAST block times      ✵ Block Explorer right in the wallet!     ✵ Stealth Addresses     ✵ PoW/PoS hybrid  
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Ancient Money
for a New World
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Join the conversation!
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀
████▄         █████████████▀
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

TWITTER

qwep1

Activity: 610
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 04:59:27 PM

If any of you coders that made custom miners that get 500MH/s on widows 280x cards, pm me.  I am a trusted member of the community, started the VNL IRC channel, and would offer a % of my VNL mining without need to worry about leaks. I mine with 8 280x cards. I believe in the coin and plan on holding them. Thanks.
Naive you guy

▄▄██▄▄
          ▄▄██████████▄▄
      ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
  ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▀▀██████████▄▄
▄█████████▀▀          ▀▀█████████▄
██████▀▀        ▄▄        ▀▀██████
██████      ▄▄██████▄▄      ██████
██████    ██████████████    ██████
██████      ▀▀██████▀▀      ██████
██████          ▀▀        ▄▄██████
▀█████    ▄▄          ▄▄█████████▀
   ▀▀█    ████▄▄ ▄▄██████████▀▀
          ████████████████▀▀
          ▀▀██████████▀▀
              ▀▀██▀▀
P H O R E

█
    █
   █
  █
   █
    █
   █
  █
 █
    KryptKoin rebranded to Phore   
     █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █
PoS 3.0  -  Masternodes  -  Obfuscation

█
    █
   █
  █
   █
    █
   █
  █
 █

▄▄██▄▄
        ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████▀▀████████▄▄
 ▄████████▀▀      ▀▀████████▄
▐█████▀▀              ▀▀█████▌
▐████       ▄▄██▄▄       ████▌
▐████    ▄██████████▄    ████▌
▐████    ████████████    ████▌
▐████    ▀██████████▀    ████▌
▐████       ▀▀██▀▀       ████▌
 ▀███                 ▄▄█████▌
    ▀    █▄▄      ▄▄████████▀
         █████▄▄████████▀▀
         ▀██████████▀▀
            ▀▀██▀▀
nikos64

Activity: 283
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 05:47:41 PM

Naive you guy
No, he's not naive.
I am naive  Cheesy
Spend days and weeks on test chains knowing that I'll lose my coins. The premise was strong: Everyone with the same chance, fair distribution etc...
Guess what? The first thing dropped was the fair distribution. John said it was difficult to do, had more important things to do.

traumschiff (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1001

180 BPM

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 05:53:36 PM
Last edit: March 31, 2015, 06:04:26 PM by traumschiff

Naive you guy
No, he's not naive.
I am naive  Cheesy
Spend days and weeks on test chains knowing that I'll lose my coins. The premise was strong: Everyone with the same chance, fair distribution etc...
Guess what? The first thing dropped was the fair distribution. John said it was difficult to do, had more important things to do.

There was no such thing as test chains, there were forks because the client was in an alpha phase and was labeled an experimental client.

I managed to fork 2-3x while solo mining for 2 months, all I had to do is to follow the forum closely and play with backups and do full syncs. The distribution is fair compared to 99% of the coins ever launched.

Edit: You can't just start mining with an experimental client and leave your client on for days/weeks, do nothing and expect to get rich. According to what you wrote you did exactly that, because how else would you have not noticed that you are on a fork.

nikos64

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 06:18:08 PM

Naive you guy
No, he's not naive.
I am naive  Cheesy

There was no such thing as test chains, there were forks because the client was in an alpha phase and was labeled an experimental client.

I managed to fork 2-3x while solo mining for 2 months, all I had to do is to follow the forum closely and play with backups and do full syncs. The distribution is fair compared to 99% of the coins ever launched.

Edit: You can't just start mining with an experimental client and leave your client on for days/weeks, do nothing and expect to get rich. According to what you wrote you did exactly that, because how else would you have not noticed that you are on a fork.
Were you here from the beginning?
There were test chains, that they were exactly that. You participate, but your earned coins don't count.
I participate knowing that. I solo mine some thousand coins and they are lost. I don't complain. I knew that.
What I did not knew is that the "fair distribution" thing was the first feature to be dropped.
traumschiff (OP)
Legendary

180 BPM

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 06:20:10 PM

Naive you guy
No, he's not naive.
I am naive  Cheesy

There were test chains, that they were exactly that. You participate, but your earned coins don't count.
I participate knowing that. I solo mine some thousand coins and they are lost. I don't complain. I knew that.
What I did not knew is that the "fair distribution" thing was the first feature to be dropped.

How was the fair distribution dropped when at one point 150+ peers were solo mining with an avarage of 2 home desktops? And that lasted atleast 1 month from the 2 months I've been mining.

I know lots of people who mined the same amount of coins or more than I did. I mined 15k in 1.5-2 months solo mining on mostly 1 x6 and sometimes turned on another dualcore to help out. Some people mined with 3 CPUs and did that for a longer time than I did.

For me, this seems pretty fair.

nikos64

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 06:38:00 PM

Naive you guy
No, he's not naive.
I am naive  Cheesy

How was the fair distribution dropped when at one point 150+ peers were solo mining with an avarage of 2 home desktops? And that lasted atleast 1 month from the 2 months I've been mining.

I know lots of people who mined the same amount of coins or more than I did. I mined 15k in 1.5-2 months solo mining on mostly 1 x6 and sometimes turned on another dualcore to help out. Some people mined with 3 CPUs and did that for a longer time than I did.

Man, it was fair in the beginning, but now the top guys do one thousand times more VNL/Day than the average user.
That's what I mean.
And don't tell me that they spend more than the average user to rend their rings.
The whole story of fairness is to spread the hash to more people, than to a few with rented Gigahashes. That was the premise  of VNL when I first met her  Smiley
traumschiff (OP)
Legendary

180 BPM

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 06:55:00 PM

Naive you guy
No, he's not naive.
I am naive  Cheesy

Man, it was fair in the beginning, but now the top guys do one thousand times more VNL/Day than the average user.
That's what I mean.
And don't tell me that they spend more than the average user to rend their rings.
The whole story of fairness is to spread the hash to more people, than to a few with rented Gigahashes. That was the premise  of VNL when I first met her  Smiley

As far as I remember John stated over at vanillacoin.net that every level/size of user will have it's own mining phase. The small (avarage) user had the solo mining phase, now the bigger investors with gpu farms have their own and if everything goes well we will see asics in the future for corporations / huge investors.

This is as fair as it gets imho, you can't expect your coin to have a value without bigger investors, most small time miners only seek a fast profit and will sell at the first 2-3x opportunity. From an economic perspective, this seems like a really good distribution model.

You really need to check how most coins are distributed nowadays: someone launched an X11, fpga farms and a few miners rape it, it pumps and dies in 2 weeks. Complaining here about the fairness and distribution is pretty pointless imho.

groggin
Legendary

Activity: 1894

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 07:22:52 PM

i can't see a reason to complain either, mined at the beginning w/my desktop and a single core lappy running vista. now only the desktop and only one GPU as the older one is useless on this algo. amazingly, i am still in there mining at diff 10,000+ with the GPUfarmers, still bringing home enough to make it worth it. i've been mining alt coins for16 months, and that has never happened before.

loose the sword that is your pen or tongue [or bittorrent enabled computer] and help fight the so-called new world order   it is the enemy of humanity[/b][/url]  |  Sign-up @ Aurovine to get FREE HD music ... and coins!| |
DonFreddy

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 10:55:17 PM

Urgent message from SKYNET...Begin tansmission.

Next Wallet update will have a very special feature.

Vanillacoin will predict the future and send coins before you even know you want to now with "payment prediction technology" or PPT for short

End of transmission...

I feel fine... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzqiPvGrkTo Cool Grin Grin

https://twitter.com/WeedFreddy
IRC: WeedFreddy
Anon cryptocurrency is the answer to the corrupt financial system.
traumschiff (OP)
Legendary

180 BPM

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 11:41:42 PM
Last edit: April 01, 2015, 09:39:06 AM by traumschiff

News 01/04 - Wallet 0.2.6 released (information taken from John @ talk.vanillacoin.net) - Download from: http://vanillacoin.net/wallets.php -  Changelog:

• Loading blockchain from disk is faster
  • GUI now has the ability to generate a QR Code by right clicking on a receiving address
  • Improved blockchain synchronisation efficiency
  • General Bug Fixes
  • Network backbone is now a Multitier architecture consisting of Client and Peer Nodes

Explanation on the Multitier architecture: http://talk.vanillacoin.net/topic/117/multitier-architecture

CryptoClub
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000

cryptocollectorsclub.com

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 12:35:18 AM

Naive you guy
No, he's not naive.
I am naive  Cheesy

I am not crazy about it either, but that wolf0 guy released some updated improved miner, and didn't have to. Key point is the marketcap is super low and price is super cheap. I can just mine something else and buy VNL if I want, although I mining VNL as well just for fun. Monrero and Darkcoin and others had better miners earlier, as some people had the skill to figure that crap out, annoying as can't personally modify some code or whatever they are doing, but at least I can figure out this coin is valuable faster than most others, and buy it cheap now.

AliMan

Activity: 2002
Merit: 502

Vave.com - Crypto Casino

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 02:13:15 PM

Naive you guy
No, he's not naive.
I am naive  Cheesy

That's what I mean.
The whole story of fairness is to spread the hash to more people, than to a few with rented Gigahashes. That was the premise  of VNL when I first met her  Smiley

As far as I remember John stated over at vanillacoin.net that every level/size of user will have it's own mining phase. The small (avarage) user had the solo mining phase, now the bigger investors with gpu farms have their own and if everything goes well we will see asics in the future for corporations / huge investors.

This is as fair as it gets imho, you can't expect your coin to have a value without bigger investors, most small time miners only seek a fast profit and will sell at the first 2-3x opportunity. From an economic perspective, this seems like a really good distribution model.

You really need to check how most coins are distributed nowadays: someone launched an X11, fpga farms and a few miners rape it, it pumps and dies in 2 weeks. Complaining here about the fairness and distribution is pretty pointless imho.

The only thing that I don't think is fair is how you've mentioned that small miners have a smaller phase of mining compared to larger miners. And the fact that small miners were also just a part of the initial solo mining phase. You guys could have made those 2 months to 1 year for a better definition of fairness.

However, what you're saying is, 'if you heard about us in the first two month, great, otherwise good luck'.

And your last definition of how ASICs would eventually hit the coin in the future is also incorrect as it differs from coin to coin, the coding and technologies.

pseudonymdude
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 05:22:52 PM

John gave some clarification on the timetable for the zero confirmation transactions on IRC.  They require the UDP layer.  UDP layer is scheduled for Q3.  Zero confirm transactions are scheduled for Q4 2015.

traumschiff (OP)
Legendary

180 BPM

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 07:50:48 PM

John gave some clarification on the timetable for the zero confirmation transactions on IRC.  They require the UDP layer.  UDP layer is scheduled for Q3.  Zero confirm transactions are scheduled for Q4 2015.

Fix'd, he told me that the UDP layer is needed first to prevent double spends, but thought it's scheduled for earlier. (Seeing the speed of John's coding I'm pretty sure we will see it earlier though)

Also it's worth mentioning that the single transaction confirmation that is scheduled for sooner will be blazing fast anyway.

5m4ru1

Activity: 59

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2015, 08:19:06 PM

WoW Net Hashrateis double shit goodbye solo mining  Cry
697,764.93 MH/s
pseudonymdude
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 08:23:18 PM

WoW Net Hashrateis double shit goodbye solo mining  Cry
697,764.93 MH/s

Net hashrate is based on difficulty, which fluctuates considerably every block.  The current difficulty is 30,055.29573128

I think the total hashrate is still under 200 GH/s

5m4ru1

Activity: 59

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2015, 08:31:43 PM

hardcore diff... but why ?  Roll Eyes
hokus_pokus

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 08:33:22 PM

hardcore diff... but why ?  Roll Eyes
It's block to block...look at it now. It's working perfectly

Network: 399.80 GH/s | PoW: 19454.90 | PoS: 0.20 | Blocks: 88622
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 282 »
  Print  

Jump to: