Bitcoin Forum
July 03, 2024, 09:12:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What do you think about Dragon Knights of Valeria?
I think the game is great - 40 (69%)
I think the game is horrible - 18 (31%)
Total Voters: 58

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Dragon Knights of Valeria - Get paid to play! BTC/LTC/HTML5/HYPER/GP/MOON/RBIES  (Read 59218 times)
Falion

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 04:30:54 PM

Im also getting the error. I think it is referring to the website owner being suspended, not us.
CryptoDatabase (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1003

https://cryptodatabase.net

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2016, 04:37:58 PM

Not sure what the problem is, contacting them now.

Update - Email says it was suspended for an overload of something, seeing what can be done.
ebliever
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1035

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 05:58:08 PM

Thanks for the update. Hopefully a minor issue or error on their end...

Luke 12:15-21

Ephesians 2:8-9
CryptoDatabase (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2016, 06:09:52 PM

Hi there,

As a result of the high MySQL server load and resource usage, your website was suspended...
(Suspend Reason: SERVER OVERLOAD (SPECIFICALLY MYSQL USAGE))
Ultimate Premium (Yearly) - cryptoptc.com

Please let us know if you are able to correct / reduce this ? if there is anything further we can do for you.

Best Regards

This was the reply I got, still waiting for their reply again. When/If it comes back up it looks like I'll be doing an upgrade to DKV2 to solve this problem, some things wont be complete but it is the only option I have outside of putting the game into maintenance mode until DKV2 is complete.
*SORA*

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 06:50:24 PM

Kinda sad to hear without any warning, they just suspended the account... Cry
CryptoDatabase (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2016, 06:51:30 PM

Kinda sad to hear without any warning, they just suspended the account... Cry

Ya, I've received nothing from them except an email telling me why it was suspended and one reply to my support ticket.

Hopefully at the very least they'll open it up so I can retrieve everything and find a new host.

Edit, just got a reply..

Hi there,

I have escalated this ticket to second line support, they will get back to you soon.

Best regards
ebliever
Legendary

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 08:12:43 PM

My own 2 satoshis (others please chime in to disagree/agree etc):

If you do determine that a quick upgrade to DKV2 is the best solution, don't feel like you have to get it running instantly. Take the time needed to put any last critical elements in place, and test everything for security to your satisfaction. I'm not saying you need every function working either, but to have a playable and stable game in place and then work from there. You may need to figure some things out such as how to address the lack of a chance to cancel orders on the original Market as planned before the upgrade.

Best wishes... and hopefully something less drastic will appear as a solution, if you don't think things are ready for DKV2. I know I don't feel ready... but we'll cope. :-)

CryptoDatabase (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2016, 08:59:33 PM

My own 2 satoshis (others please chime in to disagree/agree etc):

If you do determine that a quick upgrade to DKV2 is the best solution, don't feel like you have to get it running instantly. Take the time needed to put any last critical elements in place, and test everything for security to your satisfaction. I'm not saying you need every function working either, but to have a playable and stable game in place and then work from there. You may need to figure some things out such as how to address the lack of a chance to cancel orders on the original Market as planned before the upgrade.

Best wishes... and hopefully something less drastic will appear as a solution, if you don't think things are ready for DKV2. I know I don't feel ready... but we'll cope. :-)

I'm hoping they simply restore my files and databases or give me copies of them so I can restore it myself on new hosting.

DKV2 is mostly playable and stuff that isn't can be disabled until it is. As for the current markets that is simple, if/when I can gain access to the server again I can just create a new page that will allow  players to do that.

My two concerns right now is getting it back online and if I can't how I'm going to go about returning player balances if I no longer have access to their information.
CryptoDatabase (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2016, 11:36:27 PM

The latest reply..

Hi there,

We are checking your issue and should have it resolved soon.

Thank you for your continued patience.

Best regards

I really hope they get this sorted soon, I'm not a happy camper right now.
*SORA*

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 02:02:30 AM

Isn't this 2nd time they screwed up your account?  Sad
CryptoDatabase (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2016, 02:27:04 AM

Isn't this 2nd time they screwed up your account?  Sad

That it is, its now been 10 hours since they suspended the server and I contacted them almost immediately when it happened.
ebliever
Legendary

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 02:38:14 AM

Amazing that a hosting provider would have such a lackadaisical approach to something they have to know is going to cause fireworks when they do it. If I had stock in them I'd be selling.

*SORA*

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 06:34:30 AM

Woot! Seems like site is back!  Cheesy
CryptoDatabase (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2016, 02:11:52 PM

Ok, the server is back up again but I have placed DKV into maintenance mode while I attempt to sort out my hosts very vague reason on why they shut it down to start with.

DKV2 is open though and can be accessed, but for now registration is down.

https://dknight2.com/b
CryptoDatabase (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2016, 02:35:13 PM

Dragon Knights of Valeria has now been updated to Dragon Knights of Valeria 2. This immediate upgrade was unplanned and hopefully will fix the issue I had with my server yesterday.

Some stuff is not complete and some stuff doesn't work yet so please be aware that DKV2 is still technically in Alpha stage so if you find a bug please report it immediately.

Registration is currently disabled for DKV2 and I hope to have it activated today.

Market orders from DKV are still there and after the registration code is complete I will code in a page that will allow you to cancel your old market orders.
ebliever
Legendary

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 03:33:53 AM

Chat is down so....

***WARNING***

It's easy to confuse the buttons for Dragon Points (DP) and Dragon Knights of Valeria SHARES (DPS) in the new Exchange. Looks like people are already trying to buy shares for a handful of resources, and someone has already fallen for it and sold a share for 10 fish. Hope they were tasty...

Suggestion: Rename DPS to DKVS or simples "Shares".  Also, put Gold and/or Dragon Points first, defaulting to one of them rather than to sales of shares as a person enters the exchange.

CryptoDatabase (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2016, 04:03:15 AM

Chat is down so....

***WARNING***

It's easy to confuse the buttons for Dragon Points (DP) and Dragon Knights of Valeria SHARES (DPS) in the new Exchange. Looks like people are already trying to buy shares for a handful of resources, and someone has already fallen for it and sold a share for 10 fish. Hope they were tasty...

Suggestion: Rename DPS to DKVS or simples "Shares".  Also, put Gold and/or Dragon Points first, defaulting to one of them rather than to sales of shares as a person enters the exchange.

The share that was sold for 10 fish was an order placed during testing while a few of us were hanging out on Google Hangouts today.

In order to rename DPS it would require a lot of code changes that at this point wouldn't be useful compared to what I have to finish still.

On the note of finishing stuff, registration is almost complete and will be available soon

In regards to chat, you may have to toggle chat on in the Key icon on the top menu.
BTCforJoe

Activity: 882
Merit: 976

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 09:50:45 AM

Good to see that the site is back up and running! My IGN is FreeBTCExpert. Quick question; are town quests accessible again, on DKV2? Or is that a feature that will be re-implemented in due time? Also, what are the proper steps in order for me to travel to my villages now? edit: nvm, found it. It's so easy to travel to my villages now! Just have to click the "view" link. Great job!

Overall, the userflow is a bit better with this version, but I'm anxious to see how it will turn out once you add all the features back in the game. The site still runs a bit slow for me (no different than v1); was hoping that the new code would have helped fix the speed issues Sad

Best of luck with the new version, and I hope your host doesn't screw you again, man.  Cheers!
Daffadile

Activity: 1162
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2016, 07:02:01 PM

Chat is down so....

***WARNING***

Suggestion: Rename DPS to DKVS or simples "Shares".  Also, put Gold and/or Dragon Points first, defaulting to one of them rather than to sales of shares as a person enters the exchange.

I hate it when games or websited do that or they make the buttons too close or have horrible delay times on clicks and its frustrating. THough I did vote for the game because the game is ok but it helps with crypto because it creates transactions and a place to spend your coins as apposed to just selling them for btc.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
ebliever
Legendary

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 01:48:29 PM

Don't get me wrong. The game is great. Best I've played among any of the bitcoin-related games, even in its current alpha-state with the recent emergency upgrade. But there is all kinds of room for improvement, once the remaining major functions are enabled or re-enabled.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  

Jump to: