Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:12:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [DASH/XDN/XMR/SDC] Comparison between the most known anonymous coins (MUST READ)  (Read 33668 times)
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 12:50:35 PM

Navajo is a centralized system from my understanding.  The nodes are centralized and maintained by the Navajo Coin Foundation.  Although they are looking for a method to decentralize it without compromising the anonymity of the network.  From their white paper, section 2.2.8: 

Node Maintenance:
The nodes will be decentralized, but to begin
with they will be maintained by the Navajo
Coin Foundation. We are working to find a
secure way that we could distribute the code
for users to setup their own nodes, while still
being able to guarantee the integrity of the
Anonymous Network.

http://navajocoin.org/files/navajo_whitepaper_march2015.pdf

So logically this follows navajo becoming a 2 tier mixing system with masternodes at some point in the future. Once again this is provided by DASH/DRK

True 00Smurf, difference is that Navajo is at a fraction of DRK value right now and it's PoS, and don't have that shadow "instamine" over its head like dark/dish have 

No worries, whales and ballers will find their way into Navajo soon enough  Wink

Offtopic, but wtf is "adult traffic manager"?  Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gnargnar
Legendary

Activity: 1111
Merit: 1000

crypto-enthusiast since 2012

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 01:14:01 PM

Navajo is a centralized system from my understanding.  The nodes are centralized and maintained by the Navajo Coin Foundation.  Although they are looking for a method to decentralize it without compromising the anonymity of the network.  From their white paper, section 2.2.8:  

Node Maintenance:
Anonymous Network.

So logically this follows navajo becoming a 2 tier mixing system with masternodes at some point in the future. Once again this is provided by DASH/DRK

True 00Smurf, difference is that Navajo is at a fraction of DRK value right now and it's PoS, and don't have that shadow "instamine" over its head like dark/dish have  

No worries, whales and ballers will find their way into Navajo soon enough  Wink

Offtopic, but wtf is "adult traffic manager"?  Grin

lol.. 2nd time someone ask me that so i will remove it probably  Undecided   there is a whooooole world outside crypto you know...sure when ppl in crypto are mostly kids still at school, it's hard to see the whole thing. answer : i've built an empire/network of adult websites. traffic (visitors. you probably...) come daily by thousands to wank or to find love who knows. i'm "managing" (redirecting) that traffic to multiples offers for few grands. that's it. there are many guys playing in crypto or developing it that come from the adult business (webmasters/programmers/etc..). it's not a secret. and don't ask why these types of guys are in crypto, the simple answer is because of 1.money, 2. free time while we are banking in our main occupation.  here ya go.
guys curious (or wankers), pm me if you have more questions. this board is for crypto.

back to topic : OP.....  It's now time to add NAV in your comparison  Wink
illodin

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 02:49:46 PM

They are a 3 letter agency, they will kindly ask Amazon, Digital Ocean etc. to give them access to masternodes

Fight against the NSA might be futile anyway. If there is a system they can't crack into, they'll be more likely to make it illegal altogether.

But yea, people need to start favoring independent operators when choosing where to host their nodes, and preferably operators who have a dead man's switch.

The reason for the collateral being 1000 DRK is that you're supposed to take security and other aspects seriously when running one. Currently as 1000 DRK ~ $5000 and the monthly reward ~ $70 it's kid's play, but if that is multiplied by 10 or 100 things will be different as you'll begin to afford dedicated hardware, ddos protection, load balancing and whatnot. NOTE: I'm not claiming it will go 100x or even 10x, I'm just saying that if DRK/DASH is going to get the attention of the NSA or similar it won't be until it is 100x at least.

They will kindly ask Cryptsy, Bitfinex, etc. to lend them their coldwallet of DRK

Not enough coins there.

They will confiscate them sooner or later a la SR

Holding coins is not illegal. And if there's ever a site like SR the amount of coins there won't be enough.

They will hack and steal them.

You can have your masternode "stake" in a cold wallet.
Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826

amarha

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 05:17:20 PM

NOTE: I'm not claiming it will go 100x or even 10x, I'm just saying that if DRK/DASH is going to get the attention of the NSA or similar it won't be until it is 100x at least.

I think all it would take is a significant amount of dark market usage. Or even worse, some perception that it's being used to fund enemy organizations(terrorists or whatever).

The thing is too that people probably underestimate how governments could affect even Bitcoin if they wanted to. If the Chinese government wanted to shut down those massive mining farms they easily could with little excuse. Same for pretty much any country. So it's a potential problem for everyone. I'm actually surprised no cryptocurrency opponent has come out with rhetoric about how miners are 'processing' dark market transactions, and use that to put pressure on them. I guess it's probably similar to how running a Tor node is though legally.
othe

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 05:57:27 PM

Fight against the NSA might be futile anyway. If there is a system they can't crack into, they'll be more likely to make it illegal altogether.

But yea, people need to start favoring independent operators when choosing where to host their nodes, and preferably operators who have a dead man's switch.

The reason for the collateral being 1000 DRK is that you're supposed to take security and other aspects seriously when running one. Currently as 1000 DRK ~ $5000 and the monthly reward ~ $70 it's kid's play, but if that is multiplied by 10 or 100 things will be different as you'll begin to afford dedicated hardware, ddos protection, load balancing and whatnot. NOTE: I'm not claiming it will go 100x or even 10x, I'm just saying that if DRK/DASH is going to get the attention of the NSA or similar it won't be until it is 100x at least.

Because the NSA is the only 3-letter agency and the FBI/BKA/DEA all do not exist, ah yeah..
There are barely cases when they tried to rule something in the past (look how pgp was spread back in the day - via printed text and people who typed it back to the pc) and nowadays all cryptography is legal, that claim makes no sense, even if it would be illegal it woulnd't stop people from using it; nor would i give a fuck what the USA makes illegal as i am not their anyway..

The reason for the collateral is for sure non-sense or people wouldn't host on VPS'...

Not enough coins there.

There are for sure enough coins to have fun with the network.

Holding coins is not illegal. And if there's ever a site like SR the amount of coins there won't be enough.

The usual drugmarketplace have enough coins... SR had way more than the whole DRK marketcap. "Enough" is also a very flexible world, especially when people dump their coins after some "bad news".

I know that; doesn't stop them from hacking coins - there are enough cases in the past, tons of exchanges which got hacked etc...

TL;DR you are relying on stuff that no currency should ever rely on.

illodin

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 03:20:26 AM

Because the NSA is the only 3-letter agency and the FBI/BKA/DEA all do not exist, ah yeah..
There are barely cases when they tried to rule something in the past (look how pgp was spread back in the day - via printed text and people who typed it back to the pc) and nowadays all cryptography is legal, that claim makes no sense, even if it would be illegal it woulnd't stop people from using it; nor would i give a fuck what the USA makes illegal as i am not their anyway..

The reason for the collateral is for sure non-sense or people wouldn't host on VPS'...

I just said that people run them on cheapo VPS's right now because the monthly reward is so low. And it is so low because the coin's price is so low.

Not enough coins there.

There are for sure enough coins to have fun with the network.

No there are not.

The usual drugmarketplace have enough coins... SR had way more than the whole DRK marketcap. "Enough" is also a very flexible world, especially when people dump their coins after some "bad news".

But what having BTC on SR have to do with getting ahold of massive amounts of DRK's?

I know that; doesn't stop them from hacking coins - there are enough cases in the past, tons of exchanges which got hacked etc...

It's gonna be a pretty slow process gaining a large percentage of the nodes one cold wallet at a time.

TL;DR you are relying on stuff that no currency should ever rely on.

It looks like you're disagreeing with everything just because you want to disagree.
ffmad
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2015, 10:44:45 AM

NOTE: I'm not claiming it will go 100x or even 10x, I'm just saying that if DRK/DASH is going to get the attention of the NSA or similar it won't be until it is 100x at least.

I think all it would take is a significant amount of dark market usage. Or even worse, some perception that it's being used to fund enemy organizations(terrorists or whatever).

The thing is too that people probably underestimate how governments could affect even Bitcoin if they wanted to. If the Chinese government wanted to shut down those massive mining farms they easily could with little excuse. Same for pretty much any country. So it's a potential problem for everyone. I'm actually surprised no cryptocurrency opponent has come out with rhetoric about how miners are 'processing' dark market transactions, and use that to put pressure on them. I guess it's probably similar to how running a Tor node is though legally.

Bitcoin isn't threatened by governments because the blockchain is transparent -> easy to spy, good for gov

Monero / Shadow won't have big problems too, because they have a "view key" that can be used to view through "anon" transactions (it's good if gov/banks wants to know what you have done, you can still show them what you want to show)

DarkCoin has nothing like that, the only way to see through "dark anon" for gov is to break it, and Dark anon seems to have been designed to be broke ...

▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████
████▀                  ▀████
███▀   ▄████████████▄   ▀███
███    ██████████████    ███
███    ████      ████    ███
███    █████████████▀   ▄███
███    ████            ▄████
██    ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████
▀█▄  ▀████████████████▀▀
fparticlf█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ ▀ ▀ ▀                    █
█                          █
█    ▀▀█▄                  █
█       █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█      █
█        █▄       ▄█▀      █
█         █▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀        █
█          █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      █
█      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█      █
█       █▀█      █▀█       █
█   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   █
█        ▄  ▄  ▄  ▄        █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
.Infinite .
.Markets.
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ████  ████  ████  ████  █
.Public or..
.Private  ...
█ ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ █
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█          ▄▄▄▄▄           █
█         █▀   ▀█          █
█        █▀     ▀█         █
█      ▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄       █
█       ▄▀▀▄   ▄▀▀▄        █
█       ▀▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▀        █
.RingCT........
.Anonymity .
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Kootlas

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 01:01:24 PM

BTC You forget ★ NavajoCoin ★ The only coin with Asynchronous Encryption Technology and Unbreakable Code BTC

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=679791
http://www.navajocoin.org/

https://i.imgur.com/P53aDzz.jpg
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 01:03:05 PM

You forget NavajoCoin

Perhaps deliberately excluded because of your obnoxious spamming. That's usually a good hint to stay away.

gnargnar
Legendary

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 01:08:10 PM

thread title is  :  Comparison between the most known anonymous coins

hence Navajo have to be there too... there is no spamming at all. We all know that thread was made to help SDC, but then all the drk/xmr shills and fanboys felt attacked..  There is another players now, and OP and title have to be updated to include Navajo.
simple.
Kootlas

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 01:11:53 PM

You forget NavajoCoin

Perhaps deliberately excluded because of your obnoxious spamming.

spam!!!?  because i talk about something that you dont like that...yes???
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 01:19:26 PM

You forget NavajoCoin

spam!!!?  because i talk about something that you dont like that...yes???

I neither like nor dislike NavajoCoin, I don't know anything about it and I've barely heard of it.

I dislike when there is a thread about [DRK/XDN/XMR/SDC] Comparison between the most known anonymous coins (quoted from the tread topic, and which certainly does not include NavajoCoin) and you come along and put a nice bold and red message about NavajoCoin with a big picture, links, and no actual content. Yes I do dislike that and it makes your coin look like something I should stay the hell away from.
gnargnar
Legendary

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 02:01:39 PM

You forget NavajoCoin

I neither like nor dislike NavajoCoin, I don't know anything about it and I've barely heard of it.

I dislike when there is a thread about [DRK/XDN/XMR/SDC] Comparison between the most known anonymous coins (quoted from the tread topic, and which certainly does not include NavajoCoin) and you come along and put a nice bold and red message about NavajoCoin with a big picture, links, and no actual content. Yes I do dislike that and it makes your coin look like something I should stay the hell away from.

Undecided you are so biaised....

most known Huh  do you really include XDN and SDC in "most known"?  damn, they were totally unknown before some new infographics and propaganda in this forum section 2-3 weeks ago.  a good example :  SDC ann thread total pages : 296.   NAV ann thread total pages : 678.

Dofus : please update the OP and thread title now to include Navajo.
ffmad
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2015, 02:24:41 PM

You forget NavajoCoin

most known Huh  do you really include XDN and SDC in "most known"?  damn, they were totally unknown before some new infographics and propaganda in this forum section 2-3 weeks ago.  a good example :  SDC ann thread total pages : 296.   NAV ann thread total pages : 678.

Even if you are spamming your thread with hype messages, Navajo isn't known yet as an anon coin.

Could you please explain to us, who doesn't know a thing about Navajo, what technology is used ?

We are discussing about anon tech here, not about how much post there is in a thread.

▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▀█▄  ▀████████████████▀▀
.Infinite .
.Markets.
.Public or..
.Private  ...
.RingCT........
.Anonymity .
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
gnargnar
Legendary

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 02:34:54 PM

Could you please explain to us, who doesn't know a thing about Navajo, what technology is used ?

absolutely.. here's the informations about the Navajo anon tech : http://navajocoin.org/files/navajo_whitepaper_march2015.pdf
[Read the white paper first]

and here's below some quotes for further explanations from nav dev team :

Hi,

Just to clear something what is seen wrong. The api is not a node or mixer whatever.  I will try to explain in short words.

The wallet asks the api about which node to the subchain is available and choose random out of possibilities.  The api returns that node and it's public key to encrypt the destination address. The wallet sends the transaction to the chosen node and the transaction details enter the subchain where there again an exit point in this subchain is chosen And where the transaction is send to. There it gets decrypted and enters the navajo network again sending to the final receiver.

That process uses double encryption over the subchain and is not traceable.

This is exactly what has been implemented and an API based technology is used only to select a specific node from which the Navajo Transaction is Channel through rest of the processes happen directly within the subchains and rest of the NavajoCoin Network , which you can clearly see and clear your doubts on the whitepaper.

Regards
Shahim

Anonymous Network Decentralisation

One of the next major steps for Navajocoin is to decentralise the anonymous nodes so that anyone running a webserver can install it and process Anonymous transactions. Make no mistake, the current system runs off the Navajo Subchain which is built using decentralised blockchain technology. However there are obvious concerns in publishing the node technology due to the risk of someone altering the code maliciously. We are currently investigating options on how to approach this so we can truly decentralise the node system.

Yep, we've had a few discussions on how to do this already. Probably the best idea so far is to port the processing scripts to a language which can be compiled. Something like Node.JS or Java would do nicely. Then before a wallet sends a transaction to a particular node, it would run a checksum against the compiled file and compare the result against a masternode's checksum. Then if they both match, it means that the files have been unaltered and it is safe to send the transaction to that node for processing.

Until we can guarantee a method which is unbreakable and unalterable, we can't distribute the processing code. It is high on our agenda though.

For now, we have a setup multiple nodes across multiple web hosts of which one is chosen at random. So it is somewhat decentralised already, even if not publicly.

And, as I said in my post on the project roadmap and i would like to reiterate it here again; We can't currently distribute the node scripts until we can integrity check every node that a user sets up (for obvious security reasons). However, the current system is running as per the whitepaper and it uses the decentralised navajo subchain to pass value from the incoming nodes to outgoing nodes and instruct the outgoing node who to send the coins to and how many to send.

The Navajo Anonymous Network does NOT rely on a centralised database to store transaction values and addresses.

It is NOT simply a coin mixer with master nodes.

So even if the system were to get wiped out, we could set it back up by simply restoring the subchain wallet and the script, then the wallet would re-sync and start processing any pending transactions again since the data is decentralised on the block chain and not stored in a database.

I hope everyone has taken the time to read the whitepaper, even if it is reasonably technical and boring.

stonehedge
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1002

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 02:35:47 PM

You forget NavajoCoin

most known Huh  do you really include XDN and SDC in "most known"?  damn, they were totally unknown before some new infographics and propaganda in this forum section 2-3 weeks ago.  a good example :  SDC ann thread total pages : 296.   NAV ann thread total pages : 678.

Even if you are spamming your thread with hype messages, Navajo isn't known yet as an anon coin.

We are discussing about anon tech here, not about how much post there is in a thread.

I beg to differ.  Navajo has been on the radar for a long time.  It has a decent community with virtually no shills and trolls and promises some pretty exciting technology (if it works as claimed, which tbh could be said about most anon coins at the moment).  If you haven't heard of it, read their whitepapers or been aware of their publicity drive then I suggest that you've been spending too much time trying to promote your own coin rather than let it shine on its own merits.

dasource

Activity: 821

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 03:06:50 PM

Navajo is a centralized system from my understanding.  The nodes are centralized and maintained by the Navajo Coin Foundation.  Although they are looking for a method to decentralize it without compromising the anonymity of the network.  From their white paper, section 2.2.8:  

Node Maintenance:
Anonymous Network.

^ I am with STUPID!
ffmad
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2015, 03:27:19 PM

Navajo is a centralized system from my understanding.  The nodes are centralized and maintained by the Navajo Coin Foundation.  Although they are looking for a method to decentralize it without compromising the anonymity of the network.  From their white paper, section 2.2.8: 

Node Maintenance:
Anonymous Network.

If they really want to be put in the comparison with that kind of tech, it's masochism  Huh

▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▀█▄  ▀████████████████▀▀
.Infinite .
.Markets.
.Public or..
.Private  ...
.RingCT........
.Anonymity .
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
juguelio

Activity: 687
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 03:37:38 PM

Hi guys, can you add Navajocoin to this topic? Anon feature is up and running with double encryption.
Thanks

Posted From bitcointalk.org Android App

███████████████████
████████████
███████
█████████████
████████████████████

NAV COIN ANONYMOUS SUBCHAIN TRANSACTIONS ▪ NAVCOIN.ORG BITCOINTALK.ORG
ffmad
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2015, 04:50:33 PM

Hi guys, can you add Navajocoin to this topic? Anon feature is up and running with double encryption.
Thanks

Posted From bitcointalk.org Android App

Maybe not ? Because it's a centralized system ?

▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▀█▄  ▀████████████████▀▀
.Infinite .
.Markets.
.Public or..
.Private  ...
.RingCT........
.Anonymity .
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: