Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 09:40:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 [102] 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 ... 1348 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ASICMINER: Entering the Future of ASIC Mining by Inventing It  (Read 3916367 times)
JordanL
Donator

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 02, 2013, 05:27:59 AM

BUYING 90 ASICMINER shares for 0.45 BTC each.

If we are announcing here, I'm buying 10 for .47 each.
where are you guys getting them?

Mostly trading in the auction section of this board, and #bitcoin-otc on IRC.  Jutarul just posted a thread where he is selling them for a set price of BTC0.5 per share. I purchased shares from him at that price fairly recently, and can't imagine I will be complaining.    Smiley
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
samson
Legendary

Activity: 2097
Merit: 1070

View Profile
March 02, 2013, 08:16:53 AM

Thanks friedcat for adressing the speed of deployment. Good to see that you thought this all through. And thanks a lot for the dividends...

I see 0.02354455 BTC per share. If it goes on 52 weeks the win per year would be 1224.3166 percent... In case it goes on this way. In fact competition can come to lower the revenue and friedcat can make more asics online which would higher the revenue. So there is a possibility in both directions of income development.
What i want to say is... websites are sold for the win they make in a year. So when one share here makes a win of 1.2243166 per year than all the sold shares are highly undervalued now. But that was part of the game when selling before the first dividend came in.

I bought my shares for $1567.504 once and now got a payment worth $1010.41. Im very happy... and thats one week only... im very lucky i invested. And even though i didnt like to watch the thread anymore because of the slow speed of deployment im happy that friedcat addressed this and it sounds like he will find a solution.

It won't go on for 52 weeks of the year, not at this rate anyway.

According to the initial terms of the IPO posted on page 1 of this thread the dividends will only be this high until the original 0.1 BTC (the principal) has been repaid.

After the fully issuing of ASICMINER shares, each one of ASICMINER and Bitfountain controls 50% power to make decisions and shares 50% of the total profits, but the ASICMINER investors will first get 100% of the total profits until they have their principals paid back.

After that it will all change as the company will need to fund future operations and further invest in itself in order to grow.

So don't expect this every week, not after the first 0.1 BTC per share has been paid out in dividends.

I believe this is partially why some people are starting to sell off their shares en masse. Coupled with the lack of a trading platform this is going to cause problems for some investors. People are paying around 0.5 BTC per share right now but once the dividend drops I suspect the price of these shares will normalise.

I still believe an alternate trading patform like BTCT would have (and could still be) good enough for the interim. These shares could have been trading for months prior to the migration to the proprietary platform.
alpet
Legendary

Activity: 1912
Merit: 1020

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2013, 01:24:28 PM

Power consumption
On our final products our chip consumes 6-8 watts/G on rated depending on temperature and voltage. After reviewing and comparison it turns out that our result is already very good with standard cell based design and 130nm tech.

Wow, it is perfect! These chips can be overclock significantly, if put them in refrigerator? Frequency doubling makes profitable use of the refrigerator IMHO )

Novacoin we trust!
https://svcpool.io - PoS cтeйкинг и oбмeнник NVC/BTC.
matauc12

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 02, 2013, 02:29:11 PM

Thanks friedcat for adressing the speed of deployment. Good to see that you thought this all through. And thanks a lot for the dividends...

I see 0.02354455 BTC per share. If it goes on 52 weeks the win per year would be 1224.3166 percent... In case it goes on this way. In fact competition can come to lower the revenue and friedcat can make more asics online which would higher the revenue. So there is a possibility in both directions of income development.
What i want to say is... websites are sold for the win they make in a year. So when one share here makes a win of 1.2243166 per year than all the sold shares are highly undervalued now. But that was part of the game when selling before the first dividend came in.

I bought my shares for $1567.504 once and now got a payment worth $1010.41. Im very happy... and thats one week only... im very lucky i invested. And even though i didnt like to watch the thread anymore because of the slow speed of deployment im happy that friedcat addressed this and it sounds like he will find a solution.

According to the initial terms of the IPO posted on page 1 of this thread the dividends will only be this high until the original 0.1 BTC (the principal) has been repaid.

After the fully issuing of ASICMINER shares, each one of ASICMINER and Bitfountain controls 50% power to make decisions and shares 50% of the total profits, but the ASICMINER investors will first get 100% of the total profits until they have their principals paid back.

After that it will all change as the company will need to fund future operations and further invest in itself in order to grow.

So don't expect this every week, not after the first 0.1 BTC per share has been paid out in dividends.

I believe this is partially why some people are starting to sell off their shares en masse. Coupled with the lack of a trading platform this is going to cause problems for some investors. People are paying around 0.5 BTC per share right now but once the dividend drops I suspect the price of these shares will normalise.

I still believe an alternate trading patform like BTCT would have (and could still be) good enough for the interim. These shares could have been trading for months prior to the migration to the proprietary platform.

You forget that we also mine at a much lower % of the network than expected and that we will also make money from sales. And that the shares are currently undervalued even for the You break even first period. "Normalize" is a relative term at this point and sort of holds no bearing.
matauc12

Activity: 658

View Profile
March 02, 2013, 02:38:25 PM

Power consumption
On our final products our chip consumes 6-8 watts/G on rated depending on temperature and voltage. After reviewing and comparison it turns out that our result is already very good with standard cell based design and 130nm tech.

Wow, it is perfect! These chips can be overclock significantly, if put them in refrigerator? Frequency doubling makes profitable use of the refrigerator IMHO )
Your "IMHO" here implied you made the proper calculations which you did not. Also, you don't use a refrigerator, that is extremely inefficient. You would use something called Phase change cooling. Which is also probably useless for this application. In fact, if they use A/C unit to cool the room, the optimal temp might not even be the usual room temps you are used to. Even 28nm chips wouldn't even remotely benefit from such cooling solutions and cooling has a greater effect on overclockability. And last, I believe overclocking isn't gonna get much attention for now or at all since time focused on deployment seems to be of importance because they will be running late vs the factories which used to be the bottlenecks, reversing that situation is primordial.
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2013, 12:13:26 AM

Youre right with the principal. I forgot about this. But even then the dividends only should halve isnt it? The money needed to buy more asics probably too less to make a big difference so only the shares owned by the company will start earning dividends too. (Or did they already?)

Anyway... the principal is an effect to lower it, another might be upcoming competition. But against these factors there is, like matauc said, that we now only mine with 5TH/s and got these dividends with it. But there are asics for 57TH/s available (now or in some days). That means nearly 11 times the income. So as long as competition doesnt hit hard... you would need to beat me really hard to get me to sell my shares... Wink In fact the prices nowadays are way way to undervalued in my opinion.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
March 03, 2013, 02:53:39 AM

The dividends may not half if ASICMINER deploys more machines , but at the current hashpower + difficulty yes the dividends will hash. The question is more of, in the future what will the ASIC market be?

Anyway, if you have ASICMINER shares, exchange them for BTCINVEST bonds! Your ASICMINER shares will be added to the btcinvest fund, and the dividends will of course be paid to shareholders (including you), while you benefit from diversification.

I will offer (not binding) 5 BTCINVEST bonds per ASICMINER share. PM if interested.
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2013, 03:03:51 AM

The dividends may not half if ASICMINER deploys more machines , but at the current hashpower + difficulty yes the dividends will hash. The question is more of, in the future what will the ASIC market be?

Anyway, if you have ASICMINER shares, exchange them for BTCINVEST bonds! Your ASICMINER shares will be added to the btcinvest fund, and the dividends will of course be paid to shareholders (including you), while you benefit from diversification.

I will offer (not binding) 5 BTCINVEST bonds per ASICMINER share. PM if interested.

The future market of asicminer is already planned. Its selling asics. Once mining alone isnt a so big cash cow...

Sorry, i wont give my shares away that give me fine dividends. I dont see a reason to risk this.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
Monster Tent

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 03, 2013, 07:07:19 AM

Even though you get less dividends you still have a share of the company so any retained earnings invested in expansion adds value for shareholders.

Dividends arent the main game.

DiabloD3
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

DiabloMiner author

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2013, 11:00:32 AM

Even though you get less dividends you still have a share of the company so any retained earnings invested in expansion adds value for shareholders.

I agree with this. This is the first company in Bitcoin history where it could have never issued dividends, and we'd be buying it based on earnings reports and asset valuations. This is a pretty big deal, imo.

poly

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Weighted companion cube

View Profile
March 03, 2013, 11:02:07 AM

I agree with this. This is the first company in Bitcoin history where it could have never issued dividends, and we'd be buying it based on earnings reports and asset valuations. This is a pretty big deal, imo.
Yep, dividends are certainly nice but ASICMINER is a great investment even without it. Kinda like how Apple didn't initially issue dividends?

poly | My Tip Jar
Gabit

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 03, 2013, 12:09:34 PM

Yep, dividends are certainly nice but ASICMINER is a great investment even without it. Kinda like how Apple didn't initially issue dividends?

Oh, they sure are niiice. Best companies in the world gives heavily under 10% dividend yield / year. Asicminer just made 25% in a week, in BTC. I know this wont last forever, but prospects are quite awesome. If BTC price keeps climbing, the expenses / dev costs drop dramatically. Then to the shovel selling business. If all this translates into a well established company, that dividend yield difference will translate to a higher stock price by the markets, then... wowza.
DiabloD3
Legendary

DiabloMiner author

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2013, 12:51:29 PM

Steve Jobs never believed in dividends and thought investors who chased those were idiots, and didn't want idiots investing in his company. Most of the best businessmen in history believe(d) only idiots chased dividends as well, including Warren Buffet, although its uniquely Steve Jobs that only wanted smart people investing in his company.

wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
March 03, 2013, 01:29:01 PM

Steve Jobs never believed in dividends and thought investors who chased those were idiots, and didn't want idiots investing in his company. Most of the best businessmen in history believe(d) only idiots chased dividends as well, including Warren Buffet, although its uniquely Steve Jobs that only wanted smart people investing in his company.

Buffet likes stockholder friendly companies that use excessive cash flow to pay a dividend. If the company can invest it better than the shareholder (many companies think that, most just destroy value) they shouldn't pay dividends but instead invest the money, because this would bring maximum return for the shareholder. This is why BRK does not pay a dividend. Buffet think he can invest the money better than his shareholders (BRK is an (re)insurer/investment-firm conglomerate for crying out loud, although imo they should probably let others lead the reinsurance business).

TLDR: Dividends are generally nice.
luffy

Activity: 607

View Profile
March 03, 2013, 02:24:27 PM

is there a list about shareholders? i mean the addresses that holds x amount of shares.
since GLBSE is closed how this is managed?
DiabloD3
Legendary

DiabloMiner author

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2013, 02:32:15 PM

Buffet likes stockholder friendly companies that use excessive cash flow to pay a dividend. If the company can invest it better than the shareholder (many companies think that, most just destroy value) they shouldn't pay dividends but instead invest the money, because this would bring maximum return for the shareholder. This is why BRK does not pay a dividend. Buffet think he can invest the money better than his shareholders (BRK is an (re)insurer/investment-firm conglomerate for crying out loud, although imo they should probably let others lead the reinsurance business).

TLDR: Dividends are generally nice.

It depends on the company. I think Apple CAN reinvest the money better, for example. Case in point, they have a lot of cash sitting around earning very little because there are no good investments, everything out there would just be a waste of capital.

wachtwoord
Legendary

View Profile
March 03, 2013, 02:59:38 PM

If AAPL kan invest the money better, what the hell is it doing with 130 billion $ in cash and short term investments?
DiabloD3
Legendary

DiabloMiner author

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2013, 03:00:48 PM

If AAPL kan invest the money better, what the hell is it doing with 130 billion $ in cash and short term investments?

I think you didn't read what I wrote. Apple doesn't believe there is a good investment out there, thus is sitting on the cash instead. Its better to sit on it than burn it doing dumb shit.

wachtwoord
Legendary

View Profile
March 03, 2013, 03:07:38 PM

I think you didn't read what I wrote. Apple doesn't believe there is a good investment out there, thus is sitting on the cash instead. Its better to sit on it than burn it doing dumb shit.

I think you didn't read what I wrote. AAPL is sitting on the cash because they don't see other good investments and should start returning the cash to shareholders because they will be able to earn a better return on it than under AAPL's mattress. And alas AAPL has started a dividend last year. I'm not sure what portion of the cash is in non-us subsidiaries and therefore liable tax) but if I were a shareholder I'd prefer a large special dividend.
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 03, 2013, 03:07:43 PM

Oh the irony...
Pages: « 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 [102] 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 ... 1348 »
  Print  

Jump to: