Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 11:11:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 [240] 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 ... 1348 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ASICMINER: Entering the Future of ASIC Mining by Inventing It  (Read 3916266 times)
bitfair

Activity: 362
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 12:35:08 PM
Last edit: May 13, 2013, 12:55:00 PM by bitfair

- Reinvest. It might be a good time to move away from 130 nm now and invest in next-gen chips. With the available amount of money, AM could develop products that would put everyone alse out of competition.

+1

Need to keep that competitive edge - this mono/oligo-poly situation will not last forever, and it would be smart to stay ahead of the curve...

I can recommend to anyone who is new to Bitcoin (like me), read *all* of friedcat's posts on this forum, from oldest to newest. He is in this for the long haul; and he knows that the game will change as new generations of hardware appear. If the trolls on this forum have noticed that AM have competition, he predicted what, who, when and why months ago, and is too capable not to have planned a response.

Agreed. And if that "planned response" requires retaining some of the revenue, then it would be most prudent to do so.

[I have joined in on the collective man-crush on friedcat - he can retain my earnings any time! Wink ]

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lame.duck
Legendary

Activity: 1270
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 12:56:48 PM

I dont see any problem in a volatile share price. Its always good for someone. For seller or for buyer. And i doubt that friedcat has to value his company on shareprice. The pts arent even official.

The problem is: a decreasing  share price means decreasing dividends in the future.

Reinvesting for creating lower than 130nm doesnt make sense now too. Simply because its very costly to create and then its costly to build such asics. Its way more efficient to build the actual asics in bigger quantities instead building better asics.

Do you 'feel' that or did you some calculations on that? It's also 'efficient' for bitfury to produce 'asics in bigger quantities' so i guess  ASICMINER should start the development early to use prototype services for testing to reduce the risk of a nonworking first batch.

Its not needed to keep BTC for future investments now. Everything is paid and its very easy to pay future things with coming dividends.

Do you plan to sell your shares in the near future? Wink
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1077

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2013, 01:04:59 PM

I dont see any problem in a volatile share price. Its always good for someone. For seller or for buyer. And i doubt that friedcat has to value his company on shareprice. The pts arent even official.

The problem is: a decreasing  share price means decreasing dividends in the future.

oO The shareprice isnt connected to dividends. Why do you think its another way?

Reinvesting for creating lower than 130nm doesnt make sense now too. Simply because its very costly to create and then its costly to build such asics. Its way more efficient to build the actual asics in bigger quantities instead building better asics.

Do you 'feel' that or did you some calculations on that? It's also 'efficient' for bitfury to produce 'asics in bigger quantities' so i guess  ASICMINER should start the development early to use prototype services for testing to reduce the risk of a nonworking first batch.

I read other persons, that are more informed, opinion about that. Im sure friedcat and his team already thought about the possibilities and it looks that its not worth at the moment to develop a better asic.
Regarding bitfury... first they have to develop... that takes time... and then they can build. Its open how the hashrate of the net will be then and how much return this will yield.

Its not needed to keep BTC for future investments now. Everything is paid and its very easy to pay future things with coming dividends.

Do you plan to sell your shares in the near future? Wink

Nope... Wink at least i wont think about that until AM has nearly 50% hashpower of the network...

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 01:10:16 PM

And don't forget the 14+ TH/s on BTCGuild Tongue

'Real-time' graphs website can be found here or clickable versions here.

Actually the BitFury people just announced something to the order of 400 Th as a first batch:

Translation: In general, there's almost no limits for sane chip production volumes. One wafer ~4412 chips (how many of them working is still unknown). Maximal production volume which is not hard to order (no extraordinary production planning) is <=2000 wafers per month. Factory will be glad! That's 22 PETAHASH per month. It would be cool to grow to these limits... So there will be no chip crisis. Well, some local crisis may exist, for example we might wait for 2-3 months. We cannot increase number of wafers in an already ordered batch. One of Metabank's goals is to give us a bulk order in June, so we can order right amount of wafers.

You see? They can produce practically any number of chips. So if tomorrow a huge investor or a group of them walk into his place and gives cash for 22 petahash/s... we might see them online in September-October.

That guy has also plunked down an unprecedented $15,000 on a delivery bet with a one month deadline, and yes this is significantly more on a dollar basis than the bet that made Josh Zerlan famous.

For those of you who can't do math (the majority, as we well know), ASICMINER's actually deployed hashing is under 5% of 400TH (more like 3% but hey), and under 0.1% of 22 PH. Which means that if nobody else joins the fray you will be looking at a grandiose under 0.1% of total hashing power by Christmas. Which means about 25 Bitcoin in total revenue per week, distributed over 400,000 shares = 0.000063 BTC per (minus, of course, expenses, which you will provide out of pocket).

The window is closing. Sorry to burst everyone's bubble.

So, you're saying that BitFury will deploy 400TH by themselves? And ruin whole bitcoin thus zeroing their investment? Or they'll sell some 200TH to third party? How long will that take?

I am saying you can't read, at this point. Try again.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 01:16:25 PM

Oh, please keep the Bitfury OT posts out of here.  Undecided

I'm invested in many mining shares, and AM is the best performing one so far. Getting the chips is just a small part of the equation for a large scale mining farm - imagine the job required to set them up and maintain them, not to mention the specialized infrastructure needed to house them effectively.  Friedcat could pump out a lot of hashes chip-wise, but is limited by the space and infrastructure. That's why he started to sell them for a profit of the shareholders and everyone involved.
Franktank

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 01:22:51 PM

I'm invested in many mining shares, and AM is the best performing one so far. Getting the chips is just a small part of the equation for a large scale mining farm - imagine the job required to set them up and maintain them, not to mention the specialized infrastructure needed to house them effectively.  Friedcat could pump out a lot of hashes chip-wise, but is limited by the space and infrastructure. That's why he started to sell them for a profit of the shareholders and everyone involved.

+1
velacreations

Activity: 476

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 01:58:36 PM

yeah, guys, if you want to reply to MPOE-PR , do so on one of his threads, don't feed the trolls on this one.  Grin

lophie

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

Unlimited Free Crypto

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 02:21:45 PM

yeah, guys, if you want to reply to MPOE-PR , do so on one of his threads, don't feed the trolls on this one.  Grin

Hey I don't mind a dancing troll with a very pretty cooknut babe avatar

Will take me a while to climb up again, But where is a will, there is a way...
michaelGedi

Activity: 364

"to be or not to be, that is the bitcoin"

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 02:58:52 PM

BFL is calculated at 400TH. Bitfury first batch is estimated at 200TH and half of this power is sold to 100TH mine: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=140366.0. If bitfury succeed, 100TH/month will be added with no hassle, IMHO. Friedcat must deploy 200TH quickly. Fascinating times are comming Wink

Didn't know of this... thanks for sharing. I can understand this is OT and all, but calling someone who's saying there's competition out there seems too much to me. It is good that every investor know there are alternatives coming, don't be greedy.

Yes of course it's helpful to know this, but I think MPOE-PR has a reputation of desperately wanting to say "I told you so" at some point in the future, and at every opportunity makes sure the bases are covered to enable that potential power trip somewhere along the line... the general negative attitude takes precedence over any valuable information you may glean from his posts. This is my assumption after reading about 5 of them and seeing the shiny yellow ignore button. That said, a healthy dose of cynicism never hurt anyone.

OnTopic

None of this should distract from the fact that ASICMINER are currently the best investment in terms of ROI at this point in time (correct me if I'm wrong please), and probably for some time ahead in the near future.

TRADE FOREX, STOCKS AND COMMODITIES without the paperwork with Bitcoin: https://1broker.com/m/r.php?i=3589

1BROKER has been around since 2012 and is going strong
Mausini

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 03:54:57 PM

Excited for div day.

I wouldn't expect the entire gross estimate; better to have friedcat and co. to keep some to keep that hash power up and running. Anything from 0.02-0.025 would be good enough, use the rest to ensure those payouts stay high and consistent.

Thats the beauty in this business. Its already paid with very few bitcoins needed. Of course it can happen that something other has to be paid but there are no big piles of bitcoins needed. There would no way to invest it now because the 200TH are paid already too.

Im really looking forward to the div... when no investment goes away from it it will be the biggest div ever.

I believe it would not be wise to pay out such a huge divend at once. Even if i dont care about PT share value that much, we would have a lot of pump and dump activity on the exchanges which would add unwanted volatility. Volatility is not something large sharholders and friedcat himself would desire, because for them PT share value is useful as an indicator of company value.

IMO it would be desirable to keep dividends at a constant, slowly growing level. There are two options to go:
- Reinvest. It might be a good time to move away from 130 nm now and invest in next-gen chips. With the available amount of money, AM could develop products that would put everyone alse out of competition.
- Keep BTC in cash for future investments or to pay out later

I'm sure friedcat has figured everything out already. Anyway, I'd really like to read some shareholder opinions about that.

Sorry but i wont vote for keeping divs only for the matter of holding the shareprice stable.

By the way im a shareholder... Smiley

Yes, you are obviously a share holder from what I read in this forum  Grin I actually value your comments and effort around AM a lot.

However, correct me if I'm wrong, I'm pretty sure you are not an early investor in AM. Observing this company from when it all started, I cannot help to be slightly annoyed with what is going on on this forum. All the new guys here looking for quick profit, trading PT shares and discussing it over and over again. Let me tell you this: All of it does not matter for friedcat and his team. The only thing which might be interesting for them is to get some idea about the market valuation of their magnificent work. Most early investors should feel the same way. They want to see sustainable, constant growth and no price peaks because of silly PT trading.

I dont have enough data to tell if it makes sense to invest in next-gen chips now. Neither have you. Of course AM should and will max out the current technology, but that doesnt mean they should not invest into next-gen when massive funds are available. Liquidity might not always be as good as today, you know. And that's the reason why holding back dividends could also make sense.
VeeMiner

Activity: 752

bitcoin hodler

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 04:01:51 PM

+1. seriously. MPOE-PR is a pretty pathetic troll as we have seen repeatedly on this forum. This meaningless assertion about 400 Th and 22 Ph running in someone's backyard is the most pathetic one I have seen so far. No one can run this without his own powerstation and immense space.
michaelGedi

Activity: 364

"to be or not to be, that is the bitcoin"

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 04:16:50 PM

Excited for div day.

I wouldn't expect the entire gross estimate; better to have friedcat and co. to keep some to keep that hash power up and running. Anything from 0.02-0.025 would be good enough, use the rest to ensure those payouts stay high and consistent.

Thats the beauty in this business. Its already paid with very few bitcoins needed. Of course it can happen that something other has to be paid but there are no big piles of bitcoins needed. There would no way to invest it now because the 200TH are paid already too.

Im really looking forward to the div... when no investment goes away from it it will be the biggest div ever.

I believe it would not be wise to pay out such a huge divend at once. Even if i dont care about PT share value that much, we would have a lot of pump and dump activity on the exchanges which would add unwanted volatility. Volatility is not something large sharholders and friedcat himself would desire, because for them PT share value is useful as an indicator of company value.

IMO it would be desirable to keep dividends at a constant, slowly growing level. There are two options to go:
- Keep BTC in cash for future investments or to pay out later

I'm sure friedcat has figured everything out already. Anyway, I'd really like to read some shareholder opinions about that.

Sorry but i wont vote for keeping divs only for the matter of holding the shareprice stable.

By the way im a shareholder... Smiley

Yes, you are obviously a share holder from what I read in this forum  Grin I actually value your comments and effort around AM a lot.

However, correct me if I'm wrong, I'm pretty sure you are not an early investor in AM. Observing this company from when it all started, I cannot help to be slightly annoyed with what is going on on this forum. All the new guys here looking for quick profit, trading PT shares and discussing it over and over again. Let me tell you this: All of it does not matter for friedcat and his team. The only thing which might be interesting for them is to get some idea about the market valuation of their magnificent work. Most early investors should feel the same way. They want to see sustainable, constant growth and no price peaks because of silly PT trading.

I dont have enough data to tell if it makes sense to invest in next-gen chips now. Neither have you. Of course AM should and will max out the current technology, but that doesnt mean they should not invest into next-gen when massive funds are available. Liquidity might not always be as good as today, you know. And that's the reason why holding back dividends could also make sense.

thanks for this post.

Having invested recently, reading some of the over excited (and I should add seemingly greed induced) comments about the dividends is quite a turn off. Irrational exuberance springs to mind.

TRADE FOREX, STOCKS AND COMMODITIES without the paperwork with Bitcoin: https://1broker.com/m/r.php?i=3589

1BROKER has been around since 2012 and is going strong
Franktank

Activity: 560

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 04:22:06 PM

ASICMiner Block Eruptor Blades Sales have started!!

Pricing: retail price 49.99BTC each, 48.99 each if quantity >= 10 in a single order, 47.99 each if quantity >= 20 in a single order

Click here for more details.

All the Avalon Batch 2 and 3 buyers must be thrilled! Tongue
phantastisch
Legendary

Activity: 2270
Merit: 1363

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 04:30:28 PM

Pricing: retail price 49.99BTC each, 48.99 each if quantity >= 10 in a single order, 47.99 each if quantity >= 20 in a single order

Holy shit , it's happening ^^

HOWEYCOINS   ▮      Excitement and         ⭐  ● TWITTER  ● FACEBOOK   ⭐       
  ▮    guaranteed returns                 ●TELEGRAM                         
  ▮  of the travel industry
    ⭐  ●Ann Thread ●Instagram   ⭐ 
✅    U.S.Sec    ➡️
✅  approved!  ➡️
louong

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 04:35:37 PM

Having invested recently, reading some of the over excited (and I should add seemingly greed induced) comments about the dividends is quite a turn off. Irrational exuberance springs to mind.

Agreed. Lofty expectations can lead to disappointment and anger that one is owed something. Leading one to try to dictate how things are supposed to be. Reminds me of the Stones song - "You Can't Always Get What You Want", or the meme "First World Problems". Smiley

Sometimes we need to step back, look at the bigger picture and be grateful for anything we receive.

Bitcoin Tips Accepted: 17r5ebmU2JDqEuEfWkWzJ9TkShS1MqTJYH
novusordo

Activity: 800

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 04:54:12 PM

Agreed. Lofty expectations can lead to disappointment and anger that one is owed something. Leading one to try to dictate how things are supposed to be. Reminds me of the Stones song - "You Can't Always Get What You Want", or the meme "First World Problems". Smiley

There's no reason not to be excited... after all, ASICMINER is setting these lofty expectations by completely surpassing all previous ones.

These dividends on a weekly (WEEKLY) basis are unheard of, and if you'd prefer to just sit at your desk and happily nod, that's fine with me.

█████
                        █████████████
                     █████████████
                 ██████████████        █████
              █████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████        █████████████
       █████████████        █████████████       ██████
       ██████████        ████████████           ██████
       ███████       █████████████       ███    ██████
       ███████    █████████████       ██████    ██████
       ████████████████████       ██████████    ██████
       █████████████████       █████████████    ██████
       █████████████       █████████████        ██████
       ██████████       █████████████           ██████
       ███████      ██████████████       ███    ██████
       ██████    █████████████       ███████    ██████
       ██████    ██████████       ██████████    ██████
       ██████    ██████        █████████████    ██████
       ██████    ███       █████████████        ██████
       ██████           █████████████       ██████████
       ██████       █████████████        █████████████
                 █████████████       █████████████
              ████████████        █████████████
                  ████         ████████████
                           █████████████
                         ███████████
                            █████
Ferrum Network • Interoperability Network for Financial Applications
JimiQ84

Activity: 406

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 04:56:11 PM

Great Scott! I hope it gets invested towards fourth - 1000TH - batch
Mausini

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 05:02:54 PM

Im not an early adopter... i learned nearly too late about AM, but i was able to buy some shares at glbse... Smiley

Its true that this thread is cluttered with all talk regarding AM and more. And thats a lot. Thats why i really would like to see a subforum for AM. It would help to keep everything tidy a lot.

Regarding shareprice... i think friedcat doesnt have to know the value of the company. I mean for what? They know the dividend that comes in each week, they know relatively how much the hardware is worth, the design of the asic has some worth... it doesnt matter what traders think a share is worth. I mean you only would need some press messages about the big revenue of asicminer and a flood of new persons come into the game that want to take part in the 25-50% annual revenue. But the company isnt worth more then really. At the end the worth comes from what the company is. Thats many people had to learn from the .com bubble.

Im fully with you... when there is a chance to raise the revenue in the future, that means investments, it should be done. But invest only because there is money isnt the best. There should be a plan that this invested money will bring an even bigger return. Thats what investment means. But you mean the dividend could drop... i wonder how... bitcoin-crash, some powerful other vendor? I dont know. Of course it would be good to be able to act then. But i guess friedcat and team takes such things into account. Smiley At least i hope so...

Ok, let's put it like this: Reinvesting is great. Maybe even building cash reserves is a good idea. I dont know if some competitor might finally do something significant. From what I see it's mostly jibber jabber about [random number] * 100 TH/s to be set up with no clue about what it ACTUALLY means in terms of logistics, space, power supply etc etc. One thing is for sure: Friedcat and his team are the only ones who proved to be able to pull something like this off. And I absolutely trust their judgement on when to do what. If it comes with sustainable, consistent dividends.. even better

btw what is also not discussed enough in this thread: the accomplishment of friedcat and his team. what they achieved is just jaw dropping. tell someone from the "real" world, you invested into a company a year ago and now they pay you your whole investment back EACH WEEK (in usd). Praise the friedcat!!!

thanks for this post.

Im just turned off by this PT trading chitchat trying to influence the price. But dont get me wrong. AM is a great investment, especially in the long-term. In the end, it all comes down to being realistic. However, being realistic about AM can be well exciting Grin hard to believe, but true. facts are facts
Ozymandias

Activity: 644

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 05:23:33 PM

As a shareholder, I'm thrilled by the blade sales (by the way, is there a pre-determined max amount that is currently planned on being sold? 500? 1000? more?), though as an avalon batch 3 customer I'm watching my potential income evaporate. Perhaps it's time to attempt to unload the avalon and just buy more shares...
louong

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 05:23:44 PM

There's no reason not to be excited... after all, ASICMINER is setting these lofty expectations by completely surpassing all previous ones.

These dividends on a weekly (WEEKLY) basis are unheard of, and if you'd prefer to just sit at your desk and happily nod, that's fine with me.

I believe you're attributing my words to Michael? Please don't put words in someone else's mouth. Smiley Nor proclaim that someone is not excited because they are not demanding that ASICMINER not hold back dividends instead of re-investing some into future developments.

Some investors just show excitement in another way, could you not consider that?

Bitcoin Tips Accepted: 17r5ebmU2JDqEuEfWkWzJ9TkShS1MqTJYH
Pages: « 1 ... 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 [240] 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 ... 1348 »
  Print  

Jump to: