Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 08:27:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 [751] 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 ... 1348 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ASICMINER: Entering the Future of ASIC Mining by Inventing It  (Read 3916404 times)
Chris_Sabian
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 03:36:37 PM

When asked in the interview why he didn't cash out, he responded that if he sold out the shares, people who bought them would make him work for them. He would like to only work for himself.

This is perfectly reasonable for a businessman who believes in his product, himself, and the future of his company.  If he would have sold out, that would be a bad sign that he thinks the money now is better than future growth later.

If he cashed out 5,000 shares in July at BTC5 each and then sold, he would have made ~$3.3 million - a very nice payday.  His probably owns much more than 5,000 shares anyway.  So risking millions now on possible future growth by not selling, makes it appear that he believes in himself.  That is what I want in a CEO.
AMuppInTime
Donator

Activity: 290
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 03:58:03 PM

When asked in the interview why he didn't cash out, he responded that if he sold out the shares, people who bought them would make him work for them. He would like to only work for himself.

This is perfectly reasonable for a businessman who believes in his product, himself, and the future of his company.  If he would have sold out, that would be a bad sign that he thinks the money now is better than future growth later.

If he cashed out 5,000 shares in July at BTC5 each and then sold, he would have made ~$3.3 million - a very nice payday.  His probably owns much more than 5,000 shares anyway.  So risking millions now on possible future growth by not selling, makes it appear that he believes in himself.  That is what I want in a CEO.

Bitfountain owns 200,000 shares. When he says work for himself, he means being the one in charge. Any founder/CEO wants to do that - he is doing it so far.
houseofchill

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 07:00:22 PM

OFFER EXTENDED, BETTER INSTRUCTIONS ADDED

G.ASICMINER & AM100 (TAT.ASICMINER) Conversion Offers
(Limited Time Only, Ends Nov. 22, 2013)
With Bitfunder blocking US citizens, requiring ID verification, and not allowing exports unless you have 250 shares, we know some of you feel stuck and are looking for options. Below are two new, temporary services we are offering.

We have decided to offer a limited-time service to convert your G.ASICMINER shares into AM100 (Havelock), AM1 (Havelock), or Direct Shares. These are fee-based services that require 5 microshares in fees per whole-share (or you can use whole shares to cover the fees for larger conversions).

There is no fee to convert G.ASICMINER to AM100 (fractional shares), but please note that AM100 shares carry a 5% management fee on dividends.

Additionally, we will be offering AM100 or TAT.ASICMINER shareholders a temporary service to convert their shares into AM1 or Direct Shares for the same fees.

Example #1: You have 10 G.ASICMINER shares, but you want to convert them to AM100 fractional shares. Pay no fees, simply push your G.ASICMINER shares to TATInvestments and email us according to the "G.ASIC > AM100" instructions below.

Example #2: You have 10 G.ASICMINER shares, but you want to convert them to direct shares. Push the 10 G.ASICMINER shares plus 50 TAT.ASICMINER shares (or AM100) to TATInvestments, and follow the "G,ASIC > Direct" instructions below.

Example #3: You have 1000 AM100 shares, but you want to convert them to AM1 shares. Transfer 1050 AM100 shares back to the issuer, and email us according to the "AM100 > Direct" directions below.

The following limitations apply:
1. You must initiate each conversion request before November 22, 2013.
2. Due to many requests, your migration might take anywhere from 1-9 days to process.
3. Beginning Nov. 22nd, these temporary services will be discontinued.
4. We can make no guarantees that Bitfunder or Havelock will not impose additional limitations on trading in the future.

G.ASICMINER TRANSFER OPTIONS

How to Convert G.ASICMINER Shares to AM100: (FREE SERVICE)
 1. Push the amount of shares to the issuer account on Bitfunder: TATInvestments
 2. Make the subject of your email: "G.ASIC > AM100"
 3. Send an e-mail to tat.investments@gmail.com from your account email address registered with HavelockInvestments.com and include the following info:
  - Bitfunder account name (not email),
  - Bitfunder public wallet address
  - Quantity of shares pushed
  - Havelock registered email address

How to Convert G.ASICMINER Shares to AM1: (Fee-based Service, 5 microshares per whole-share)
 2. Make the subject of your email: "G.ASIC > AM1"
 3. Send an e-mail to tat.investments@gmail.com from your account email address registered with HavelockInvestments.com and include the following info:

How to Convert G.ASICMINER Shares to Direct Shares with Friedcat: (Fee-based Service, 5 microshares per whole-share)
 2. Make the subject of your email: "G.ASIC > Direct"
  - Email address you want registered with Friedcat
  - Wallet address you want registered with Friedcat

AM100/TAT.ASICMINER TRANSFER OPTIONS

How to Convert Your AM100 (or TAT.ASICMINER) Shares to AM1: (Fee-based Service, 5 microshares per whole-share)
 1. Using the Transfer feature, push the AM100 (or TAT.ASICMINER) shares back to the issuer account. They must be a 105:1 ratio, this means the minimum is 105 AM100 or TAT.ASICMINER shares.
 2. Make the subject of your email: "AM100 > AM1"
  - Havelock-registered email address

How to Convert Your AM100 (or TAT.ASICMINER) Shares to Direct Shares with Friedcat (Fee-based Service, 5 microshares per whole-share)
 1. Using the Transfer feature, push the AM100 (or TAT.ASICMINER) shares to the issuer account. They must be a 105:1 ratio, this means the minimum is 105 AM100 or TAT.ASICMINER shares.
 2. Make the subject of your email: "AM100 > Direct"
  - Account name
  - Email address you want registered with Friedcat
  - Wallet address you want registered with Friedcat

How to Convert Your TAT.ASICMINER on Bitfunder to AM100 Shares on Havelock (FREE SERVICE)
 1. Make the subject of your email: "TAT.AM BF"
 2. Push the amount of shares to the issuer account on Bitfunder: TATInvestments by using the Transfer feature while logged in to bitfunder.com
  - Bitfunder account name (not email)
  - Quantity of shares

Do NOT send your request more than once, and do NOT include multiple requests in one email.

Conversions will be transferred in batches, and confirmations will ONLY be sent after each batch. Do NOT send emails requesting updates.

NOTE: TAT Investments is not responsible for any lost value, arbitrage, or trading opportunities due to delays in processing transfer requests. TAT Investments is not responsible for any limitations or discontinuations of services or access to liquidity imposed by the host exchanges.

Got my AM100 > AM1 shares in one day. Thank you, TAT!
limbaugh
Legendary

Activity: 1311
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 07:28:09 PM

Got my AM100 > AM1 shares in one day. Thank you, TAT!

I'm sure everyone here is thrilled for you! Spam less please.
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2013, 08:35:06 PM

Some comments about the leaked document.

I think it is a very preliminary design and nothing impressive inside.

First, all the issuers addresses are kept in the OSE servers, so it is not a real decentralized socket exchange. There's nothing in the blockchain for others to verify the issuer's addresses and map addresses to the stocks.

Second, The seller has to send 100 BTC (although will be returned immediately) to sell his shares for 100BTC seems quite ridiculous to me.

Third, it takes one hour to execute an order seems really too long.

In short, if this one is genuine then it's a bad news.

How should a coin based exchange work faster without being risky? Its a solution to be independent. For users that want to own or sell shares, not high frequenzy trading. But its an advantage to have it.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
bitcoin.newsfeed

Activity: 378

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 08:49:25 PM

How should a coin based exchange work faster without being risky? Its a solution to be independent. For users that want to own or sell shares, not high frequenzy trading. But its an advantage to have it.

I think that this is created only for direct shares transfers between shareholders of ASICminer. It hasn't any other reasonable usage in my eyes. ASICminer wants to free themselves from nonstop updating some internal spreadsheet, from responsibility for transfers and from spamming Friedcat's PM inbox regarding share transfers. And also "automated payment system" for dividends will be working with this.

But we're talking about multimillion company here, so just hire one trustable person for handling that should solve this issues the same way.

... Question Everything, Believe Nothing ...
AMuppInTime
Donator

Activity: 290

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 09:04:37 PM

I think that this is created only for direct shares transfers between shareholders of ASICminer. It hasn't any other reasonable usage in my eyes. ASICminer wants to free themselves from nonstop updating some internal spreadsheet, from responsibility for transfers and from spamming Friedcat's PM inbox regarding share transfers. And also "automated payment system" for dividends will be working with this.

But we're talking about multimillion company here, so just hire one trustable person for handling that should solve this issues the same way.

We're talking about a multi million company because the system they support is distributed - so distributing / enabling transactions within the blockchain seem to make sense.
Also, we're talking about a multi million company. Putting one guy in charge of finances is disaster waiting to happen.
I look forward to the concept spreading to other areas too.
spinner

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 12:09:51 AM

Buying:

Each virtual stock will be bound with a bitcoin address for buying. To buy X shares with Y BTC each, please send X * Y + X * 0.00000001 BTC to the buying address. X cannot exceed 9999 and Y has to be dividable by 0.0001. For example, 10.00000100 represents to by 100 shares with 0.1 BTC each. The sending address is called 'buyer's address'.

This one-size-fits-all would not do for most stocks.  They really should reserve 3 bits (8 Satoshis) for a protocol version. For instance the published protocol would be modified as follows: buy by sending X*Y + (8*X+V)*.00000001 where V is the version number 0-7.  Y has to be divisible by 0.0008 instead.

Now you can have up 8 versions running at once (reasonably 4 to give yourself flexibility to evolve).  Maybe some of them would not require you to send 100 BTC to sell your shares.

... but this really needs it's own thread ...
empoweoqwj

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 03:13:12 AM

Buying:

Each virtual stock will be bound with a bitcoin address for buying. To buy X shares with Y BTC each, please send X * Y + X * 0.00000001 BTC to the buying address. X cannot exceed 9999 and Y has to be dividable by 0.0001. For example, 10.00000100 represents to by 100 shares with 0.1 BTC each. The sending address is called 'buyer's address'.

This one-size-fits-all would not do for most stocks.  They really should reserve 3 bits (8 Satoshis) for a protocol version. For instance the published protocol would be modified as follows: buy by sending X*Y + (8*X+V)*.00000001 where V is the version number 0-7.  Y has to be divisible by 0.0008 instead.

Now you can have up 8 versions running at once (reasonably 4 to give yourself flexibility to evolve).  Maybe some of them would not require you to send 100 BTC to sell your shares.

I don't think they are designing it for "most stocks" are they, just for ASICMINER ones.
People have said "why are they wasting their time on this sort of stuff?". I think its because they see the need for a reliable, automated way to transfer AM shares. Its a good use of time in my opinion even if it doesn't scale to be a "virtual share platform". I don't think that was ever the intent.
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2013, 03:21:43 PM

Buying:

I don't think they are designing it for "most stocks" are they, just for ASICMINER ones.
People have said "why are they wasting their time on this sort of stuff?". I think its because they see the need for a reliable, automated way to transfer AM shares. Its a good use of time in my opinion even if it doesn't scale to be a "virtual share platform". I don't think that was ever the intent.

The question is if they waste time at all on this. I mean friedcat only needs to take a couple bitcoins, explain what he wants, pay a developer and done. Not really much time involved. But friedcat can save time later one when he dont have to shuffle shares around manually anymore.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
dexX7
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2013, 04:08:52 PM

Block Erupter Cube

Speed: 30 Gh/s Guaranteed, 38.4 Gh/s theoretical when overclocked
Power Consumption: Approx. 200W, approx. 280W when overclocked
Compact, self-contained unit: 136mm x 153mm x 148mm

Efficient Cooling

Tubular structure built for airflow