Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 03:34:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 [768] 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 ... 1348 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ASICMINER: Entering the Future of ASIC Mining by Inventing It  (Read 3916404 times)
ffernandex

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 07:44:08 PM

G.ASICMINER
If nothing unexpected happens, Ukyo will provide a shareholder list to Friedcat on Dec 1, for direct shares.

Hey, does anyone know what does this mean?

If you like my posts, feel free to donate!
BTC: 1L1S4wG5TNJZSX9VG3vkk2er76YHihz3Kg
apollojmr

Activity: 311
Merit: 250

The Power Of The Coin Is Awesome!!

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 07:53:14 PM

Anyone wanna go back to 2 days ago and sell me their shares for .23?? I cleaned house! LOL Thanks for panicking once again!  Cry ShockedBTC

What you think you become. Bitrated user: apollojmr.
Aajo

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 07:54:10 PM

I'm so looking forward to 15 GH/s USB sticks!
apollojmr

Activity: 311

The Power Of The Coin Is Awesome!!

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 07:54:30 PM

G.ASICMINER
If nothing unexpected happens, Ukyo will provide a shareholder list to Friedcat on Dec 1, for direct shares.

Hey, does anyone know what does this mean?

It was a full share ran by bitfunder who is now out of business. The people that were left with those are now full share owners and FC will hold their shares.

What you think you become. Bitrated user: apollojmr.
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 07:55:52 PM

Update

PR & Communications
We understand that transparency and communication to shareholders and the public needs improvement. We are in the process of identifying a dedicated employee for this. We will issue bi-weekly reports for shareholders and improve response time for questions.

Next Gen Chips
The projected time of taping out of Gen3 is January 20. Power consumption target estimation is <0.2W per G on low power mode and <0.2$ per G on wafer cost. Please notice that the timeline is of course subject to change/adjust, and the estimation on power and cost is also based on software tool/simulation results.

Current Hardware Sales
The number of cubes left for sale/deployment is 9000. About 1/3 are ordered already. All older devices (USBs/new blades) are sold out.

G.ASICMINER

Thanks for the update, I hope you find a good dedicated employee to pursue this task.
Looking forward to the New Year then Smiley

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
limbaugh
Legendary

Activity: 1311
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 08:03:04 PM

Anyone wanna go back to 2 days ago and sell me their shares for .23?? I cleaned house! LOL Thanks for panicking once again!  Cry ShockedBTC

Please spare us announcing your superior trading skills. You snagged 2 @ .23. Hardly the trade of the century. Grow up you arrogant prick.

SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2013, 08:38:56 PM

Update

PR & Communications
We understand that transparency and communication to shareholders and the public needs improvement. We are in the process of identifying a dedicated employee for this. We will issue bi-weekly reports for shareholders and improve response time for questions.

Next Gen Chips
The projected time of taping out of Gen3 is January 20. Power consumption target estimation is <0.2W per G on low power mode and <0.2$ per G on wafer cost. Please notice that the timeline is of course subject to change/adjust, and the estimation on power and cost is also based on software tool/simulation results.

Current Hardware Sales
The number of cubes left for sale/deployment is 9000. About 1/3 are ordered already. All older devices (USBs/new blades) are sold out.

G.ASICMINER

So my emailalert for friedcat posts went on and really... an update... Smiley Thanks!

Though interpreting this... The cubes are nearly sold all... so the next divs might be a bit higher because of the sales income but then there is nothing moving until mid february? I mean january the 20th tapeout. Producing miners take probably 2 more weeks, probably 3. Then we are mid february. Sounds to me like no hope for the shareprice. It will go down and down the next months lower than ever.
Can someone tell me im wrong? I dont remember of any plans in between. And the old gen1 tech soon wont be competeable anymore to be able to sell it with profit. Theres a limit to this.
And the plans i heard spoke about gen2 chips which arent followed through anymore. So is there anything?

It was mentioned in the interview along with the fact that Friedcat plans to prepare for a network of up to 1000ph/s (currently only a few ph/s).

No, that was an initial mis-translation. The corrected translation said that he was about to have sold/deployed a total of 1000ph/s - he wasn't describing plans for the future.

1. 1000T would be released around Nov 7th. These chips may be sold or deployed, depending on the situation then.

2. 2nd Gen chips have already been developed long time ago. But they were delayed to deploy considering the unsatisfactory performance.

3. 3rd Gen chips were also under development during that period. It is already developed now but still under test. It is expected to become a mature product in Feb 2014, which means its key indicators would be much better than those of its competitors. It is estimated that the network hashing power would be 1000p then, while Friedcat would deliver several hundred of it.

Original translation does confuse solo mining with total sales but still doesn't change the fact that FC is preparing to compete in a 1000 ph network.

Were were 1000 PH mentioned? The only thing i remember from the interview was that friedcat will have 1000TH deployed on nove 7th. But that only meant that he had sold this amount of hashpower from the start of asicminer till then.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
romerun
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1001

Bitcoin is new, makes sense to hodl.

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 08:49:07 PM

right, by nov 7th, the chinese interview implies AM had released 1PH (sold/self mine). At this point all we know is there are 2/3 of 500TH in form of cube left to be deployed.
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 08:53:05 PM

Though interpreting this... The cubes are nearly sold all... so the next divs might be a bit higher because of the sales income but then there is nothing moving until mid february? I mean january the 20th tapeout. Producing miners take probably 2 more weeks, probably 3. Then we are mid february. Sounds to me like no hope for the shareprice. It will go down and down the next months lower than ever.
I think you're being a little aggressive if you think it will be 2-3 weeks from tape-out to working miners.
User705
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1006

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 09:02:20 PM

Please spare us announcing your superior trading skills. You snagged 2 @ .23. Hardly the trade of the century. Grow up you arrogant prick.

Price is still low if you think that AM will get back a big share of both mining and hardware sales.

velacreations

Activity: 476

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 09:06:38 PM

butt-hurt cause you couldn't push the price down long enough to get cheap shares, huh?
Smiley

SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2013, 09:15:36 PM

I think you're being a little aggressive if you think it will be 2-3 weeks from tape-out to working miners.

I wanted to go higher first but then i thought that friedcat most probably will know when the chips will be ready from the foundry so that he can order the timeframe at the assembler beforehand. No waiting for the place in queue. Of course the development of the miner has to be done beforehand too.

Though i think about it... doesnt tapeout mean thats the first chip too? In that case the miner design has to be tested first because otherwise it would be a too high risk to produce the miners without doing that... which means it can easily take way longer then...

What do you guys think when the divs from the cubes will come in?

I wish friedcat would have said a word about the divs he keeps. Is he still keeping?

hlynur

Activity: 770
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 09:16:40 PM

Update

PR & Communications

Next Gen Chips

Current Hardware Sales

G.ASICMINER

thanks for the update friedcat
specs of gen 3 sound really good  Smiley

jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 09:26:41 PM

Does anyone know the specs of gen1 chips vs gen3? What I want to know is what we can expect the solomining hashrate to be if every current gen chip was swapped with 28nm.
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 09:27:10 PM

I wanted to go higher first but then i thought that friedcat most probably will know when the chips will be ready from the foundry so that he can order the timeframe at the assembler beforehand. No waiting for the place in queue. Of course the development of the miner has to be done beforehand too.

Though i think about it... doesnt tapeout mean thats the first chip too? In that case the miner design has to be tested first because otherwise it would be a too high risk to produce the miners without doing that... which means it can easily take way longer then...

I wish friedcat would have said a word about the divs he keeps. Is he still keeping?
No, tape-out means that they send the design to the foundry, who then start the process of turning raw silicon wafers into ASICs. They won't even have the wafers finished 3 weeks after tape-out, let alone have miners built.
stripykitteh
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 09:30:18 PM

No, that's not right. Tape-out only means the design is finished. The design is sent 'on tape' (now it would be emailed I guess) to the foundry to make the masks. I believe making masks takes several weeks, though someone with IC manufacturing experience (Vycid?) may correct me on this. Making the masks is a big ticket item; you have to book out the specialized photolithography equipment for weeks to have the mask built, one layer at a time.

So if AM hit their target on tape-out (January 20) they won't have masks until late February at the earliest. Sample chips early March, chips in volume late March at the earliest. Allowing for slippage here and there it's probably more realistic to say April for chips in volume.

It's good that friedcat gave us an update, but the news isn't that startling, in my opinion. In fact, I sold on the news.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2013, 09:33:05 PM

No, tape-out means that they send the design to the foundry, who then start the process of turning raw silicon wafers into ASICs. They won't even have the wafers finished 3 weeks after tape-out, let alone have miners built.

Hm... somehow i thought taping out means its done then... i really would like to hear what friedcat plans for the meantime... i mean he has a datacentre with immersion cooling for what?

photolithography

I believe at 28nm you cant use photolithography anymore. It should be e-beam lithography then.

Vycid

Activity: 336

♫ the AM bear who cares ♫

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 09:45:32 PM

No, that's not right. Tape-out only means the design is finished. The design is sent 'on tape' (now it would be emailed I guess) to the foundry to make the masks. I believe making masks takes several weeks, though someone with IC manufacturing experience (Vycid?) may correct me on this. Making the masks is a big ticket item; you have to book out the specialized photolithography equipment for weeks to have the mask built, one layer at a time.

So if AM hit their target on tape-out (January 20) they won't have masks until late February at the earliest. Sample chips early March, chips in volume late March at the earliest. Allowing for slippage here and there it's probably more realistic to say April for chips in volume.

It's good that friedcat gave us an update, but the news isn't that startling, in my opinion. In fact, I sold on the news.

This is a pretty sober analysis. Correct: there is a long lead time between tape out and chip delivery, especially at modern process nodes. The photomasks have not yet been made, although FC may already have paid for them.

photolithography

I believe at 28nm you cant use photolithography anymore. It should be e-beam lithography then.

You are wrong. These days we use immersion litho and double patterning, but e-beam is not cost effective for anything except samples and making the masks themselves.

SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2013, 09:56:57 PM
Last edit: November 22, 2013, 10:34:32 PM by SebastianJu

You are wrong. These days we use immersion litho and double patterning, but e-beam is not cost effective for anything except samples and making the masks themselves.

Ah ok... the it was for the masks... at least thats part of taping out... Smiley

KS

Activity: 448

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 10:56:44 PM

More like ready In Two Weeks(TM)

It could still take 10-20 weeks.

Or it could be never. Or all life on earth could be obliterated on News Years.

Seriously, Tapeout is a huge deal. It costs an unbelievable amount of money and effort to get there. It is possible FC could start reclaiming global hash percentages in March. A million years in the bitcoin universe to be sure. But obviously not something one can do in a few weeks. It takes a ton of planning and effort to be able to stand up in March and proclaim "we have 15% of the global hash" especially after everyone else has deployed the best that they have.

Seriously, Tape Out just means your chip is ready _in software_ and that's the code you send to the fab which then needs to process with the _other_ steps before even etching it on silicon.

It's an important milestone, but then having a full (working) mask is another and then your first run is yet another etc.
Pages: « 1 ... 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 [768] 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 ... 1348 »
  Print  

Jump to: