Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 06:54:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 [858] 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 ... 1348 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ASICMINER: Entering the Future of ASIC Mining by Inventing It  (Read 3916337 times)
robix

Activity: 360
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 10:37:14 PM

Sorry guys, I don't get it. What has my GMail account to do with the GAuth app on my smartphone. Even if the GMail account is hacked, I don't see how to get control over the GAuth 2FA (particularly th secret keys) on the phone. Can someone explain?

Edit: typo
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
shawshankinmate37927

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

Bitcoin: The People's Bailout

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 10:51:34 PM

Sorry guys, I don't get it. What has my GMail account to do with the GAuth app on my smartphone.

Nothing.  They're two different things.  I'm just saying that I prefer 2FA via an e-mail instead of Google Authenticator.

"It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning."   - Henry Ford
robix

Activity: 360

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 11:31:55 PM

Sorry guys, I don't get it. What has my GMail account to do with the GAuth app on my smartphone.

Nothing.  They're two different things.  I'm just saying that I prefer 2FA via an e-mail instead of Google Authenticator.

That's my understanding. So I don't have a clue how empoweoqwj's Havelock account could be robbed.
electerium

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 11:46:57 PM

That's my understanding. So I don't have a clue how empoweoqwj's Havelock account could be robbed.

mitm attack, very well documented in being able to circumvent 2fa
substratum

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 11:50:20 PM

To repeat, I don't believe I was keylogged. Nothing else has been stolen such as other coins or paypal or bank stuff.

You could possibly attribute the lack of theft of other accounts to difficulty/risk to cash them out anonymously compared with Bitcoin I suppose. As far as your Mac security goes, do you use Little Snitch to watch for anomalous outbound connections? Most Mac malware would be revealed using that alone (for now).
arousedrhino

Activity: 347

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 02:36:59 AM

I like 2FA via e-mail because my e-mail account is set up with 2FA via a text message to my cell phone.  With 2FA via e-mail, a hacker would have to hack my e-mail account in order to access my Havelock account.  In order to hack my e-mail account, he would also have to hack my cell phone.

That doesn't make sense all he has to do is hack your email account and get the email you had forwarded as a text message or disable the forwarding. He only needs to compromise the cell phone or email account.

In order to access my e-mail account the hacker would have to provide the code that is sent as a text message to my cell phone.  (https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/180744?hl=en)  I'm not sure what you mean by e-mail that I "had forwarded as a text message".  My e-mails aren't forwarded as text messages to my cell phone.

That makes sense. Sorry I didn't realize you meant 2FA for the email login as well. I don't have that on and I think most people don't because of the inconvenience. In your case though it does add another layer of security.
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 10:23:18 AM

A miner which use asicminer gen3 chip now on pre-sale, the poster is very famous in Chinese Bitcoin circle. This is the translation of the weibo post:

Miner presale Details:
Miner price :11000 RMB/T (1813 USD/T), full payment in advance.
Power consumption: 600W/T.
If a single miner's speed doesn't meet the design requirements, or beyond the design requirements, in accordance 11000RMB / T price, refund for any overpayment or a supplemental payment for any deficiency.
If you order more than 10T , it is 10000RMB/T.
April 20 is the deadline, if not shipped on time, we'll give you a full refund!
Tel: 13581816335 Zhao Dong's QQ group: 326548639

In the weibo below, one people replys:
So cheap, is it Asicminer's chip?
Zhao replys:"Yes"
Then he ask again:
Asicminer's gen3 haven't tapeout yet, can it mass production in April?
Zhao replys:"Almost"

Sorry for my poor English translation, the original weibo can be found here:
http://weibo.com/1658066713/AwIw85hLy

I have snapshoted the weibo and the chat.

Is this legit?

If so how do I buy one?

Seems like a great deal. Half the price of a knc neptune and less power consumption.
elasticband
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

Nighty Night Don't Let The Trolls Bite Nom Nom Nom

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 10:36:07 AM

If we take a look at the numbers, we can see that:

The power consumption of the new chips (3rd gen) is 0.2~0.35 J/GHash [1];
and the power consumption of the chips about to be sold is 600 W/THash = 0.6 J/GHash [2].

The numbers are different, so are the chips, seemingly.

[1] https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=438359.msg4816701#msg4816701
[2] https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=99497.msg5153058#msg5153058

this could be the reseller protecting himself against possible performance discrepancies
bitcoin.newsfeed

Activity: 378

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 12:38:08 PM

Guys, maybe you can help me. I'll be speaking with some potential big investors about bitcoin mining next week. And I want to introduce them to our AM immersion cooling project & custom made datacenters. So I'am gathering all possible informations about it for my presentation. I remember that in AM Immersion Cooling exhibition materials on google drive was one *.pdf document, with very useful and visionary thoughts, which I can use. I have thumbnail >

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByWHHc0u_thNSWhHS18xM2ZXSUU#grid

But that document is no longer there. Does someone have that document? Thanks

... Question Everything, Believe Nothing ...
trilogy456

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

ASICMINER shares: Havelockinvestments.com

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 12:50:30 PM

Some useful info, that you may already have, but maybe helpful to others:

http://www.allied-control.com/blog/understand-immersion-cooling-pdf-presentations

http://www.allied-control.com/publications/Immersion_Cooling_Presentation_V3.pdf

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=313087

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=346134.0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZavKweMrP4

******ASICMINER T U B E - The Best $/Gh Bitcoin Miner So Far. DISCOVER NOW !!!******
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=735728.0/
blueyes

Activity: 3

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 02:43:50 PM
Last edit: February 16, 2014, 03:20:18 PM by blueyes

Thank you for all of your quick replies,

We will start to work on the following security implementations:

1. The option to Lock your account to a specific IP

2. Required 2FA for withdrawal / optional for order execution

3. Once 2FA is enabled, you will be required to enter your 2FA to view the private key or to disable 2FA on your account.

Once again thank you for all of your support,

Havelock Investments

Good ideas. But I have lost everything. Too late for me. I knew the risks coming in. But I have just lost $50,000 + even though i had 2FA enabled

I won't bother posting again. You didn't reply to my support email so I will safely assume you aren't going to do anything to help me out.

Time to move on, out of bitcoins. The risk was always obvious. Its only when it hits you in the face your realise how real the risk is.

To repeat, I don't believe I was keylogged. Nothing else has been stolen such as other coins or paypal or bank stuff. No check I have run on my Mac suggest I have keylogging software installed. This was a very professional job from people that knew exactly how havelock worked. Not havelock employees, why would they do that? But hackers very intimate with how havelock worked.

I don't know what to  say now. Its been the worst 48 hrs of my life. I'll leave it at that. Peace.

that is a unlucky thing. I wanted to transfer my derect AM shares to havelock serveral days ago,but I feel havelock is not safe enough ,so I didnt .I think havelock is lazy,it has  been a long time since btct is closed and  havelock  became the only one stock exchange,havelock should do better

why not add  the option to Lock  a specific  withdraw address?  if want to change withdraw address need to wait 24 hours and a confirmed email ,btct had the option and I think it is good.

another problem,when I click "sign in/register" button in Havelock,it sometimes go to "Home ". the layout is bad
whalezy

Activity: 103

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 06:44:19 PM

Here at Havelock we take security issues very seriously.

We have never had any issues with users that enabled 2FA on their account. We have contacted the person that has made the claim that is account has been compromised and are looking to resolve the matter has soon as possible.

Trying to balance ease of use and security is never easy, especially in the Bitcoin realm. We can always add additional security features but those will always slow down the user experience.

So we turn to you, our valued customers, what features would like us to add to our platform?

1. Confirmation email before any action is taken; some but not all actions.

2. Pending withdrawal of your Bitcoins; time lock?

3. Lock account by IP address?

We always value your opinions and we strive to serve the Bitcoin community to the best of our ability.

Also we can assure everyone that it was not an "inside rogue employee"

Thank you,

Support Team
Havelock Investments

Not No.3, Havelock was banned by Chinese government, I always view your site through a proxy.
whalezy

Activity: 103

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 07:07:26 PM

A miner which use asicminer gen3 chip now on pre-sale, the poster is very famous in Chinese Bitcoin circle. This is the translation of the weibo post:

Miner presale Details:
If a single miner's speed doesn't meet the design requirements, or beyond the design requirements, in accordance 11000RMB / T price, refund for any overpayment or a supplemental payment for any deficiency.

Then he ask again:

Is this legit?

If so how do I buy one?

Seems like a great deal. Half the price of a knc neptune and less power consumption.

they accept hosting miners for their customers, but you need to pay for the electricity fee, about 0.15 dollar per KWH
jimmothy

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 11:26:51 PM

Miner presale Details:

Then he ask again:

Is this legit?

If so how do I buy one?

they accept hosting miners for their customers, but you need to pay for the electricity fee, about 0.15 dollar per KWH

Can you buy one and have it shipped? Not really interested in hosting.

Hoping they will be selling gen3 cubes. Even though mining seems extremely unprofitable at these btc rates a gen3 cube would probably be the only asic I would buy right now (assuming $2/gh).

Even bitmain isn't looking that great at 2.7btc for only 200gh/s and like 3 x less efficient.
finlof

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 02:14:25 AM

Miner presale Details:

Then he ask again:

Is this legit?

If so how do I buy one?

Can you buy one and have it shipped? Not really interested in hosting.

Hoping they will be selling gen3 cubes. Even though mining seems extremely unprofitable at these btc rates a gen3 cube would probably be the only asic I would buy right now (assuming $2/gh).

Even bitmain isn't looking that great at 2.7btc for only 200gh/s and like 3 x less efficient.
bitmain is 1.45btc per unit shipped.  dont know where you are getting 2.7btc from.
cunixion

Activity: 48

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 03:48:48 AM

Thank you for all of your quick replies,

We will start to work on the following security implementations:

1. The option to Lock your account to a specific IP

2. Required 2FA for withdrawal / optional for order execution

3. Once 2FA is enabled, you will be required to enter your 2FA to view the private key or to disable 2FA on your account.

Once again thank you for all of your support,

Havelock Investments

Good ideas. But I have lost everything. Too late for me. I knew the risks coming in. But I have just lost $50,000 + even though i had 2FA enabled

I won't bother posting again. You didn't reply to my support email so I will safely assume you aren't going to do anything to help me out.

Time to move on, out of bitcoins. The risk was always obvious. Its only when it hits you in the face your realise how real the risk is.

To repeat, I don't believe I was keylogged. Nothing else has been stolen such as other coins or paypal or bank stuff. No check I have run on my Mac suggest I have keylogging software installed. This was a very professional job from people that knew exactly how havelock worked. Not havelock employees, why would they do that? But hackers very intimate with how havelock worked.

I don't know what to  say now. Its been the worst 48 hrs of my life. I'll leave it at that. Peace.

that is a unlucky thing. I wanted to transfer my derect AM shares to havelock serveral days ago,but I feel havelock is not safe enough ,so I didnt .I think havelock is lazy,it has  been a long time since btct is closed and  havelock  became the only one stock exchange,havelock should do better

why not add  the option to Lock  a specific  withdraw address?  if want to change withdraw address need to wait 24 hours and a confirmed email ,btct had the option and I think it is good.

another problem,when I click "sign in/register" button in Havelock,it sometimes go to "Home ". the layout is bad

A few questions for Havelock:
Is your system based on a compiled language
do you use a strong encryption algorithm to store confidential information on the database
are your servers HDs encrypted
Do you have exclusive access with locks to your servers holding personal and account details
are your backups held in a secure place
Do you check IP login patterns based on geografical location

Questions for the account holder at havelock:
do you type your password every time you login
is you computer used to access your account password protected
do you always check carefully the URL when you login
has your password ever been typed or written in a computer apart from the login prompt
do you often change your password
do you use numbers and case sensitive characters for your password
When you enter your password do you make sure nobody is looking over your shoulder.

If all answers are yes it would be quite hard for anyone to break in any account,  or an inside job by somebody with access to the servers such as havelock employees or cleaners, or people handling the backups or the servers. 
He1l_Q

Activity: 41

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 04:37:32 AM

Miner presale Details:

Then he ask again:

Actually I don't think they will use chips from AM in the first patch of miner.

FYI, they have their own ASIC chips and it is already taped out.
He1l_Q

Activity: 41

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 04:39:05 AM

Miner presale Details:

Then he ask again:

Is this legit?

If so how do I buy one?

If you are interested, PM me.
jimmothy

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 04:52:44 AM

Miner presale Details:

Then he ask again:

Is this legit?

If so how do I buy one?

If you are interested, PM me.

If its not using asicminer chips I would be cautious. Specs are nice but I would need to see a working product before sending my money.
noah1987

Activity: 24

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 04:56:04 AM

Miner presale Details:

Then he ask again:

Actually I don't think they will use chips from AM in the first patch of miner.

FYI, they have their own ASIC chips and it is already taped out.

Zhao is the owner of the miner company.
They don't have their own asic, and Zhao stated clearly they will use asicminer's chip.
Pages: « 1 ... 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 [858] 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 ... 1348 »
  Print  

Jump to: