Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:01:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 [390] 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] AMP - The Currency That Powers Your Attention On Synereo  (Read 879153 times)
clartedscunner

Activity: 159
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 11:50:12 AM

What does that "MVP" mean in the second picture?
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
donnatello

Activity: 338
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 10:44:04 PM
Last edit: October 30, 2017, 12:30:47 AM by donnatello

Synereo sold 0.9% of the founder AMPs. Try to find a comparison with other projects and see how it ranks compared to them.

Then effing issue a statement about it. Don't let the market be affected by speculation that you are dumping with all your shitty vague forward statements and leaked minutes of meeting from Greg.

Burn some amps.

If I had to issue a statement every time someone on this thread made false accusations or spread misinformation, I wouldn't actually have any time to work. Smiley

Cute rejoinder. Really cute. Except these aren't just housewife rumors. Your forward statement. Leaked minutes. And instead of a clear response, your cutesy reply. I don't quite believe these rumors but you obviously aren't doing anything to help the fragility of the situation.
Diego24

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 09:27:39 AM

Synereo sold 0.9% of the founder AMPs. Try to find a comparison with other projects and see how it ranks compared to them.
Let's see how many are even transparent enough to expose all of their token usage like Synereo is.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1r1G-ROS4vgHK84qfn1CBIxuXZQCCvIicCTQSxW1T_mo/edit#gid=1394495455
I didn't say that you sold everything or that you have bad intentions. I just said that you revealed that you were going to sell founder AMP. So you gave yourself permission to sell whenever you want, whatever you want. If you decide tomorrow to sell 90 % of founder AMP, you can do that and investors will get screwed. So savy investors will think twice before buying AMP now. If you only plan to sell 1 % AMP per year, then you could also have just published that. But you didn't so now people just have to take your word for it. And people are not going to take your word for it because of all the problems that people got after the second ICO, infights, and using their money to build a different product than they initially invested for. You realized that you destroyed investor's trust by that, do you ?
c4s7or

Activity: 535
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 10:20:45 AM

Let's see how many are even transparent enough to expose all of their token usage like Synereo is.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1r1G-ROS4vgHK84qfn1CBIxuXZQCCvIicCTQSxW1T_mo/edit#gid=1394495455
I didn't say that you sold everything or that you have bad intentions. I just said that you revealed that you were going to sell founder AMP. So you gave yourself permission to sell whenever you want, whatever you want. If you decide tomorrow to sell 90 % of founder AMP, you can do that and investors will get screwed. So savy investors will think twice before buying AMP now. If you only plan to sell 1 % AMP per year, then you could also have just published that. But you didn't so now people just have to take your word for it. And people are not going to take your word for it because of all the problems that people got after the second ICO, infights, and using their money to build a different product than they initially invested for. You realized that you destroyed investor's trust by that, do you ?

True words.
Elokane (OP)

Activity: 817
Merit: 1000

Truth is a consensus among neurons www.synereo.com

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2017, 03:19:47 AM

Then effing issue a statement about it. Don't let the market be affected by speculation that you are dumping with all your shitty vague forward statements and leaked minutes of meeting from Greg.

Burn some amps.

If I had to issue a statement every time someone on this thread made false accusations or spread misinformation, I wouldn't actually have any time to work. Smiley

Cute rejoinder. Really cute. Except these aren't just housewife rumors. Your forward statement. Leaked minutes. And instead of a clear response, your cutesy reply. I don't quite believe these rumors but you obviously aren't doing anything to help the fragility of the situation.

I don't know what a forward statement is.

No one on the Synereo team has ever "leaked minutes". Greg thought the drama would help him, publishing everywhere that he was going to go live on video to tell everyone how terrible he thinks everyone else besides him is. Other people from the team joined to have their voices heard.
The result was that he was voted out by 99.6% of the equity in the company, with the entire development team staying in Synereo.

Synereo: liberating the Internet from abusive business models.

Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart, he dreams himself your master.
<br>
Elokane (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2017, 03:26:24 AM

Diego, I did and am continuing to do the best I can under the circumstances. No one can predict whether or not a CTO will deliver; that's why buying tokens for visionary projects is a risky business.
What I care about now is creating the best product we can with the resources available to us, eventually delivering on the original vision when the technology can actually support it.

We were very specific about the conditions in which we would sell founder AMPs. I am not familiar with any other project founders bothering to announce their intentions or being anywhere near as transparent as we are, both about our intentions and about the actual state of each and every public token wallet. Everyone simply expects founders to simply pepper the market at their leisure.

I challenge you to find a project running for over a year where the founders have sold so few of their tokens. Smiley

Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart, he dreams himself your master.
<br>
Elokane (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2017, 03:28:06 AM

What does that "MVP" mean in the second picture?

It stands for "Minimum Viable Product".

https://www.techopedia.com/definition/27809/minimum-viable-product-mvp

<br>
donnatello

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 03:47:01 AM

I don't know what a forward statement is.

No one on the Synereo team has ever "leaked minutes". Greg thought the drama would help him, publishing everywhere that he was going to go live on video to tell everyone how terrible he thinks everyone else besides him is. Other people from the team joined to have their voices heard.
The result was that he was voted out by 99.6% of the equity in the company, with the entire development team staying in Synereo.

I don't know whether you are feigning ignorance.

I have lost a great sum on AMPs because I held and believed. I sure wish AMP gets better. You know you're in shit. Look at your neighbors in coin capitalization. Yes, you've got potential, but FFS grow up and get us out of this mess.
Elokane (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2017, 03:52:25 AM

Pretend I am not feigning ignorance and educate me on the matter.

<br>
WildSparker

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

OPEN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 10:40:01 AM

We need more Sparks to go wild, don't you all agree? Elokane please make some sparks go wild!

cchub

Activity: 560

Migranet ITO

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 11:32:15 PM

Diego, I did and am continuing to do the best I can under the circumstances. No one can predict whether or not a CTO will deliver; that's why buying tokens for visionary projects is a risky business.
What I care about now is creating the best product we can with the resources available to us, eventually delivering on the original vision when the technology can actually support it.

We were very specific about the conditions in which we would sell founder AMPs. I am not familiar with any other project founders bothering to announce their intentions or being anywhere near as transparent as we are, both about our intentions and about the actual state of each and every public token wallet. Everyone simply expects founders to simply pepper the market at their leisure.

I challenge you to find a project running for over a year where the founders have sold so few of their tokens. Smiley

So we should expect the selling of Founders AMPs to increase... It is clear to me. Anyone got a different interpretation?

❉❉❉ Migranet ❉❉❉  [MIGRATION。SIMPLIFIED 。]
▐| Global immigrationpowered by AI & blockchain |▌
TELEGRAMTWITTERFACEBOOKYOUTUBEINSTREAGRAM
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 11:52:03 PM

So we should expect the selling of Founders AMPs to increase... It is clear to me. Anyone got a different interpretation?

Well, I've not chimed in in some months. So I'll give it a go. Here is the calculus as I _picture_ it might play out (insert generic disclaimer here)

The success (as in world-dominating) model of Synereo/AMP is predicated on the entire world getting used to the idea of monetizing the content and delivery thereof over the web via the flow of AMP rather than through today's prevalent advertising model. For this to occur -- the overthrow of today's Internet monetization model -- nearly everyone on the planet will need access to AMPs. Where are they going to get these AMPs? From the scant few current AMP holders? We're all stuck in a get-rich-quick, crab-bucket mentality. While it does not serve our long-term interests, our short-term demands will cause us to want so much for each AMP that such a pervasive market can never grow.

Synereo is going to need a large supply of AMPs -- dwarving that currently held by us early investors -- to seed the marketplace. In the end, they will need to nearly _give_ a token amount to each and every person who asks. It is the only way I see for such a wide scale change as is needed.

It truly is a conundrum. Token amounts of AMP need to be trivially available to anyone at negligible cost for a market to develop. OTOH, we want to recoup our investment. It is an exercise in threading a needle.

In the long run, these two goals can be compatible. As long as the velocity is high enough, each individual AMP can be low enough in value to be used freely by the WildSparkers, while still retaining enough value in aggregate to be a home run for us hodlers.

Only time will tell.

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
donnatello

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 04:40:12 AM

Pretend I am not feigning ignorance and educate me on the matter.

Not to flog a dead horse, just read Diego24's comments on this thread.
bitmaster1x
Legendary

Activity: 1274

CRYPTO-CITY.COM 🌟 Communities

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2017, 01:31:24 PM

Haven't been in this thread in ages. So what's the latest going on for the project?

cchub

Migranet ITO

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 08:25:02 PM

Haven't been in this thread in ages. So what's the latest going on for the project?

The project is no more. They built a centralized Google Chrome plugin instead and started selling founders AMPs before it is too late.

donnatello

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 12:01:41 AM
Last edit: November 02, 2017, 12:16:52 AM by donnatello

In the long run, these two goals can be compatible. As long as the velocity is high enough, each individual AMP can be low enough in value to be used freely by the WildSparkers, while still retaining enough value in aggregate to be a home run for us hodlers.

Only time will tell.

If only Synereo will build up sufficient hype and partnerships, instead of excelling in mediocrity. Potential != gain.

Case in point -- when I spoke to Dor about changing their original platform name (potential trademark infraction) I got a cool, know-it-all response. Stupid a-hole thought he had the plan all sewn up. Why was I not surprised when the name changed later?

Dor's reading this. Good. Pride leads to a fall. Learn to be humble, ***ing stupid millennial. I regret backing you and your trash. You're not the only fish in the ocean.
bitmaster1x
Legendary

Activity: 1274

CRYPTO-CITY.COM 🌟 Communities

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2017, 01:26:26 AM

The project is no more. They built a centralized Google Chrome plugin instead and started selling founders AMPs before it is too late.

Given their history of raising funds to then have zero product after two years and then raising additional $5 mill to end up with virtually still a zero product I cannot say that I'm surprised by the end result.  Too bad the group was more focused on the money rather than the original decentralized goal of the project.

cchub

Migranet ITO

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 02:13:34 AM

Given their history of raising funds to then have zero product after two years and then raising additional $5 mill to end up with virtually still a zero product I cannot say that I'm surprised by the end result.  Too bad the group was more focused on the money rather than the original decentralized goal of the project.

What to expect from the ones connected to GetGems scammers? Oh, no, wait. Don't listen to us, the trollers, the FUDers who pointed out here several times that the price would move towards 3k instead of 100k! Keep dreaming.

Elokane (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2017, 05:00:13 AM

I recommend you follow the blog and newsletter for updates.
https://blog.synereo.com/2017/10/23/wildspark-going-mainstream/

<br>
Elokane (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2017, 05:02:27 AM

Well, I've not chimed in in some months. So I'll give it a go. Here is the calculus as I _picture_ it might play out (insert generic disclaimer here)

The success (as in world-dominating) model of Synereo/AMP is predicated on the entire world getting used to the idea of monetizing the content and delivery thereof over the web via the flow of AMP rather than through today's prevalent advertising model. For this to occur -- the overthrow of today's Internet monetization model -- nearly everyone on the planet will need access to AMPs. Where are they going to get these AMPs? From the scant few current AMP holders? We're all stuck in a get-rich-quick, crab-bucket mentality. While it does not serve our long-term interests, our short-term demands will cause us to want so much for each AMP that such a pervasive market can never grow.

Synereo is going to need a large supply of AMPs -- dwarving that currently held by us early investors -- to seed the marketplace. In the end, they will need to nearly _give_ a token amount to each and every person who asks. It is the only way I see for such a wide scale change as is needed.

It truly is a conundrum. Token amounts of AMP need to be trivially available to anyone at negligible cost for a market to develop. OTOH, we want to recoup our investment. It is an exercise in threading a needle.

Only time will tell.

Thank you.

<br>
Pages: « 1 ... 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 [390] 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 »
  Print  

Jump to: