Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 09:35:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 ... 99 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Bytecent - Blockchain Powered Social Rewards Network - Bytecent.com  (Read 160253 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (12 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
Bytecent (OP)

Activity: 789
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2016, 11:32:38 PM

My pps dropped after I install beta version. Last version I get about almost 3200 pps and now only 2700, even if I set process priority high and lower every visuals on windows and close every other programs Sad

Once everyone is required to update to the new version, the overall network PPS will decrease and so will the difficulty. You will then earn more coins once the difficulty decreases.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bytecent (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2016, 11:34:22 PM

Would be nice to get BYC to Poloniex, a little more volume wouldn't hurt I think...

You are 100% correct. However, the community needs to reach out to Polo and request they add us. The more people who ask, the more inclined they will be to add Bytecent.
endlessskill

Activity: 531

AMD | Mining | NVIDIA

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 05:17:37 AM

Would be nice to get BYC to Poloniex, a little more volume wouldn't hurt I think...

You are 100% correct. However, the community needs to reach out to Polo and request they add us. The more people who ask, the more inclined they will be to add Bytecent.
+1. We need Polo. Great exchange!
Laamadeus

Activity: 453
Merit: 255

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 07:29:28 AM

My pps dropped after I install beta version. Last version I get about almost 3200 pps and now only 2700, even if I set process priority high and lower every visuals on windows and close every other programs Sad

Once everyone is required to update to the new version, the overall network PPS will decrease and so will the difficulty. You will then earn more coins once the difficulty decreases.

Okay. I just have to wait. I won't downgrade now, if we get new release on monday.

██
██
██
1st Stake
Android Wallet
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Transfercoin
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              ▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄
          ▄█▀▀▀ ▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▀█▄
       ▄█▀▀▄▄█████▀ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀█████▄▄▀▀█▄
     ▄█▀ ▄████▀▀▀ ▄███████▄ ▀▀▀████▄▀▀█▄
   ▄█▀ ▄███▀  ▄██ █████████ ██▄  ▀███▄ ▀█▄
  ▄█ ▄███▀ ▄████▀ ▀███████▀ ▀████▄ ▀███▄ █▄
 ▄█ ▄███  ████▀     ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀████  ███▄ █▄
▄█ ▄███  ███▀                   ▀███  ███▄ █▄
██ ███  ███▀                     ▀███  ███ ██
██ ███  ███                       ███  ███ ██
██ ███  ▄▄▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄  ███ ██
██ ██ ▄███████▄               ▄███████▄ ██ ██
▀█ ▀█ █████████               █████████ █▀ █▀
 ▀█ █ ▀███████▀               ▀███████▀ █ █▀
  █▄ ▀▄ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▄██▄▄       ▄▄██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▀ ▄█
   ▀█▄ ▀███▄  ▀▀█████████████▀▀  ▄███▀ ▄█▀
     ▀█▄ ▀████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄████ ▄▄█▀
       ▀█▄▄▀▀██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀▄▄█▀
          ▀█▄▄▄ ▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀ ▄▄▄█▀
             ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀
██
██
██
Bytecent (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2016, 05:43:15 PM

Okay. I just have to wait. I won't downgrade now, if we get new release on monday.

Hey everyone,

I decided to delay the soft launch until tomorrow 9PM EST. Today is Presidents day here in the USA and it is a national holiday. I want to give everyone an extra day to prepare for the update so there are no network problems. The update will be mandatory, so anyone running the old client will not be able to mine once their client has stopped mining. Stay tuned for further information...
Yanakitu Tenatako

Activity: 328
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 01:42:47 AM

Ready for update?

BitFinex, best trading platform ever.
Register here: https://www.bitfinex.com/?refcode=53wNhi4gTx
Bytecent (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2016, 01:47:11 AM

Ready for update?

Hi... we are preparing the new site and wallet. Everything should be uploaded and live within the next few hours.
Bytecent (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2016, 03:16:47 AM

While you guys wait for us to get the new website sorted, you can download the new Bytecent here: http://www.bytecent.com/downloads/bytecent.zip
Bytecent (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2016, 05:52:56 PM

Hi everyone, I apologize for the delay! Last night when preparing the new website, I noticed last minute browser layout issues. I have been fixing the issues since last night, and hopefully I will be done soon. I know everyone has been patiently waiting, and I am working as fast as I can on very little sleep.

The good news is the transition from the 1.3 wallet to the latest build has been very smooth. Some of you might have already noticed that when your mining stopped, you were prompted to update to the latest version. I implemented this system over a year ago to protect the network from going down while everyone tries to update at once. Our "staggered" approach allows old clients to mine while allowing people who miners have stopped to upgrade. You are still able to send and receive BYC using the old version, you just can't mine using the old version once your miner has stopped.
gr4ph0s

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 05:58:33 PM

I don't want to offense you. But do you have stats about the website of Bytecent and why people go into the Bytecent website?

In less than 1 year you done / remake 3 time this website... It's a lot of work for what in finally? Explain to people who are in the crypto world who the coin work. It's important to explain it. But personally I read it one time, and it's ok and I guess the current website it's pretty nice, and user firendly.

So why take time for remake again a website (I speak about bytecent.com, the one about earning coin with smartphone is particular since it's designed for peoples who are not into the crypto world)
Personally I only go on the bytecent website for know the value of the byc.

About the different website let's talk. It's a very strange choice to really cut / name them differently. Since this coin is build for as I understand the common people / people who are not specialy into the crypto world. You gonna mention big website / service who are relly cut. It's true, but that works because they are already know and they do that because they got a huge amount of people than they need to direct them directly and not to understand what each user need and then direct them.
But bytecent into the common people is nothing (how many common people know or are intrigate by btc? So think about an alt coin again no offense about your project who is great but what people who don't are into the crypto wrold think...).
So bytecent is not big you need to firstly group the people and after when your team / the projet will be very big you can split it like you do ! You have started to do it by making he forum etc...It was used(used = more than 5 message each week),in the start but it's kinda dead. Again I know byc it's a nice for alt coin. But you are currently think like einstein very relative like. And realtivly to the alt-coin, bytecent is amazing, relativly to common user view about alt-coin, the project is a bit weird and why this project is different than any other...

So if you take into consideration my last sentence and you look all the website you got. You need 1 website, who gonna read 5 weird website about something they don't know. Common people just open a page if they don't understand the page, they close it and they don't give a shit about it and they gonna live like before(It's sad but trust me it's the true...)

To conclude you often repat me. To manage 5 websites is a lot of work... I agree with you. But do you really need them?
Why you just don't add a page into the Bytecent website who tell for common people what is it. Speak about your project to someone you don't know and who don't know the project during one hour. And ask this man who is a perfect common people what he understand really? Then you can take in consideration what a people who is not into the crypto world need to know, what he still don't understand. And then you can write something dat can bring real new people to your project.
Same for Bounty project. You can simply do one page who just tell. You have to download the app then within the app you download other app and for trying them you earn credit who is called Byc and then you can convert Byc in pre-paid card and put a link for people who are interested for more indepth overview about what is really bytecent. Again common people don't care about knowing byc is a crypto-something or contrary they will fear them. CryptoWorld? like bitcoin? hooow I heard into the tv someone loose a huge amount of money because of BTC.I don't need dat into my phone... But if you tell them you can earn dollar they are happy. And 6months later when they already making money with Byc without knowing is an altcoin, they learn dat, they will do not care about tv, and search more informations about the project and altcoin... Smiley

Again is not an offense, you do your job really, and I hope you understand my poor english :s !

Kepp going and nice news about 1.3! Cheesy
Bytecent (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2016, 06:38:27 PM
Last edit: February 17, 2016, 07:28:14 PM by Bytecent

1. There has been one version of the website. That is not counting the "coming soon" page when we first launched.

2. It would be helpful to me and the community if you read previous posts before commenting. The purpose of any website is to provide information and/or a service. The first iteration of Bytecent.com was too technical for the average consumer, so it was rebuilt to better explain what we do. Also, the new website has a much better layout and we are currently working on step-by-step video tutorials for the website.

3. Of course people use the website, how do you think people learn more about Bytecent or download the software?

4. It is nonsense to suggest that investing time and money into updating the Bytecent website, and taking the time to make it more user-friendly is somehow a waste of time.

5. By every reasonable metric Bytecent is a success, so I am not sure what information you are going by.
A. People are actively mining and selling coins.
B. People are actively using the Bytecent Bounty app.
C. People are actively using the BYCRewards website.
D. Although market cap is not an indicator of success, when we first launched Bytecent the market cap was around $35,000, now its $114,640. We have less than 910,000 coins in circulation.
E. Last year this time Bytecent was worth approximately 5 - 6 cents, now we trade consistently above 12 cents.
F. We are "big enough" to white label our platform to a publicly traded company, and they will be making their announcement soon regarding using our platform.

Lastly, no we do not have a bunch of people screaming to the moon, nor does Bytecent go up in value 200% in one day. We have never been that kind of project, and we do not want to be that kind of project. That is not success, and it is not an indicator of a project being "big". Our growth and success is slow and steady, and we have an undeniable positive track record.  

gr4ph0s

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 07:36:28 PM

Thanks for answering me Smiley

1. One website? https://bytecent.com - http://www.byctalk.com - http://bytecentbounty.com - http://bycrewards.com
For me it's 4 website.
Why not simple do
Bytecent.com/information
Bytecent.com/talk
Bytecent.com/Bounty
Bytecent.com/Reward

Personally when I see my list in my mind i tell me "I know I'm on the website of the bytecent. I know this project is pretty big because they is huge but it's structured.I know this is the same person/group dat manage all the thing"

2. I read all the post here and byctalk ! How about the first post who give informations link of the projet with dead link (https://www.InstantBYC.com //  Official Forum: http://www.coinblab.com/forums/12)
Personally when I'm on the bitcointalk forum when I wanna discover a new coin I read the first post. If I find dead link/no updated i probably leave the subject. But if the main idea seem to be good I read the last page. In all case if new user don't have quickly the new informations they will leave. Keep remimber peopel are lazy. They don't wanna waste their time for searching into something when you got 50 other thread...

3. As I said I read it. But one time. The coin spec didn't change since the start it's normal... So I read them. No real need to invest many time on it to read them each week.

4. Invest for make economy later... I guess it's what every entreprise do. Or they fire and making fast money... But everyone know is not a good deal.

5. Again you speak like everyone are into the crypto world (and I guess it's a problem you are too in that.So the things seem to be natural for you but you have to keep in mind is not for common user). And again maybe I misunderstand the projet since the start but one of the goal is to reach common people (not people into crypto world).
Yours arguments are valuables for people who know the project and who are into the crypto world
But just walk on the street and said to the first man you meet the arguments you said.In the next sentences I will think this man know nothing,remember if you wanna teach something think like this guys it's the most stupid one you ever meet and know nothing:
  • A. To mine? Sell? what? What are you talking about?
  • B. Really I gonna download it Smiley
  • C. Yes and? Many website clam their website are the best.I have no proof... (about dat I think you really need to make a comment part into this site and not into the forum. I will be the first to post picture of what I have bought with byc !)
  • D. Market cap humhum nice number but personally those not talking to me. Coin in circulation? I don't want my coin to circulate circulate I want to own my coin...(many people dont know what coin in circulation mean)
  • E. Really? I need some? How can I have it?
  • F. Here is a fact about myself : In my work I work as a partener with the biggest company in France who own aerports,building,telecom etc.. That doesn't mean my company make millon,I'm like everyone if i can finnish the month not in negative i'm happy... So it's a good things, but not a huge achievement... Again think like Einstein about relativity !

I know and it's a good things, I really things all project who go up 200% in one day it's pretty bad and not stable at all because they fall too. The project is stable and as I said in my previous post it's amazing for an altcoin !. But again think relativiste, people who don't know any altcoin can't compare it.

Again thanks for answering I understand a bit more you point of vue, As I understand you don't specially focus people who are not into the crypto world but people who already know a bit. Smiley
Bytecent (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2016, 08:24:15 PM

Let me see if I understand you correctly. Bytecent is doing well by every reasonable metric, but you are questioning my business strategy? Do you understand how silly that is? It is akin to a football coach winning every game in a season, and then being told that he should rethink his winning strategy.

Furthermore, why would any company use one domain for multiple services? Does Alphabet (Google) place all of their services under subdomains? There are many reasons why it is a bad idea to do this, do your research.

As I have stated numerous times, everyone is entitled to his/her opinion. If you disagree with my strategy, you are free to launch your own project and run it the way you prefer. However, I am building a platform and a network that goes well beyond what is currently available in crypto. Building something of value takes considerable time and effort, and considerable time is not a year and three months.

For over a year your comments have been mostly negative and less than productive. You even went as far as to create an app to automatically enter captcha, and then released a video in hopes of causing "panic". You are a special kind of troll, but I answered your questions because people are closely watching Bytecent and my replies will shed some light on what we are doing here.

Fact is, over a year after launching, someone with a standard PC can still solo mine Bytecent without any special hardware. The value of Bytecent has been very stable, and we have 200-400 transactions per day on our network.  

Anyone being able to mine Bytecent and price stability = success.

PS: I told everyone that the OP will be updated once the new website launches.
gr4ph0s

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 09:00:36 PM

Again I apologize about my english. But questionning and how it can be better is not negative for me but I agree with you my bad english or my lack of vocabulary can be thinked as negative.But I really love this project and I want to his he continue like he do... Smiley

About Google / Alphabet
they do that because they got a huge amount of people than they need to direct them directly and not to understand what each user need and then direct them.
But before to split Google in different name. They have wait eaveryone know google.It's more easy to learn 1 words than 2 words.

About the video of captcha you missunderstand. I wanna prove you the system was not 100% safe for you improoving and make people unable to "exploit this. but you right I didn't have to make it public, my apologize about dat but it's done...

Btw thanks you for keep answered me Smiley
Altcoin11

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 09:17:00 PM

I am probably an idiot but I cant figure out how to unlock the new wallet  Tongue
Bytecent (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2016, 09:21:33 PM

I am probably an idiot but I cant figure out how to unlock the new wallet  Tongue

Hi Altcoin11, do you mean your wallet is locked and you can't figure out how to unlock it? If so, you can unlock your wallet when sending BYC and creating new addresses. You can change the password by going into options and selecting Change Password.
Altcoin11

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 09:30:59 PM

Hi Altcoin11, do you mean your wallet is locked and you can't figure out how to unlock it? If so, you can unlock your wallet when sending BYC and creating new addresses. You can change the password by going into options and selecting Change Password.

But to have it permanently unlocked so I do not have to enter the password every time sending and creating new address?

Also I get "bytecent server doesn't allow you to mine" when trying to mine, is mining not working yet on the new wallet?
Bytecent (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2016, 09:34:24 PM

But to have it permanently unlocked so I do not have to enter the password every time sending and creating new address?

Also I get "bytecent server doesn't allow you to mine" when trying to mine, is mining not working yet on the new wallet?

Yes once you lock the wallet, you need to enter the password every time you send coins and create new addresses.

Yes mining works perfectly in the new version. First create a new POB address, send your coins to the new address, and then use that new address to mine.
Altcoin11

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 09:40:58 PM

Yes once you lock the wallet, you need to enter the password every time you send coins and create new addresses.

Yes mining works perfectly in the new version. First create a new POB address, send your coins to the new address, and then use that new address to mine.
Ok thanks, working fine now, it turns out I am indeed an idiot Tongue

The previous wallet was the best looking I have ever seen in crypto but this new one raised the bar once again.
Bytecent (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2016, 09:46:55 PM

I am glad to hear it is working for you, and thank you for your kind words.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 ... 99 »
  Print  

Jump to: