Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 03:47:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 712 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it better to save money or invest it?  (Read 1181159 times)
factor280

Activity: 326
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 07:02:55 AM

I have always preferred to invest my money. That's the only way to grow it. You can invest in other businesses, your own business, etc. Doesn't have to be bitcoin or one thing in particular. A diversified portfolio is usually best.

Sig Space for Rent! PM Me.
BitBOOM

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 04:15:47 PM

depends on your personal situation. never put all your eggs in one basket  Smiley

dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1353

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 04:29:29 PM

Is it better to save money in bank or invest it online, in real estate or maybe gold?

It is better if you look for an investment that will surely gain interest over time. The most important thing about investing is that never invest in an investment that will lose value over time. Real estate--as you have stated--is a good investment imo. As the places to live in this world goes crowded as time goes by, the value of living in these spaces will surely grow too.

bornil267645

Activity: 406

AltoCenter.com

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2015, 04:59:00 PM

If you want to win big you got to gamble big...so my money is on investing but sensible investing. But if are happy with where you are then you can use SAFE DEPOSIT BOX I guess...

dothebeats
Legendary

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 05:32:57 PM

If you want to win big you got to gamble big...so my money is on investing but sensible investing. But if are happy with where you are then you can use SAFE DEPOSIT BOX I guess...

Gambling can give you insane amount of returns but also gives you an insane amount of risks involved. If you are brave enough to face those risks and believe that you can beat the house or other players then do it. It's your money after all.

BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 06:16:54 PM

Gambling can give you insane amount of returns but also gives you an insane amount of risks involved. If you are brave enough to face those risks and believe that you can beat the house or other players then do it. It's your money after all.

Statistically you lose with gambling, but you can always beat that odd... I would only gamble if I was legit rich, like Dan Bilzerian and Floyd Mayweather, these guys gamble for fun and can deal with the loses, and sometimes make huge wins.
dothebeats
Legendary

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 07:02:56 PM

Statistically you lose with gambling, but you can always beat that odd... I would only gamble if I was legit rich, like Dan Bilzerian and Floyd Mayweather, these guys gamble for fun and can deal with the loses, and sometimes make huge wins.

But unfortunately, most people don't have the money and are not considered as "legit rich." You can beat the odds, true, but over time, the house always wins. If you look into gambling as a serious moneymaker, well, be prepared to get wrecked every time you enter a session of gambling. It is always better to invest into something that gains value over time (like real estate, hectares of lands, jewelry, etc.) than to invest in gambling.

Btcvilla

Activity: 1078
Merit: 270

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 07:59:32 PM

Save it in Bitcoin :p that's what I'm gonna start doing, hopefully it will turn out well..
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 10:10:21 PM

Save it in Bitcoin :p that's what I'm gonna start doing, hopefully it will turn out well..
Ive been doing this for months and you eventually get bored and will want to try to invest or gamble or somehow grow your bitcoins beyond buying small amounts monthly.
Btcvilla

Activity: 1078
Merit: 270

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 10:18:39 PM

Ive been doing this for months and you eventually get bored and will want to try to invest or gamble or somehow grow your bitcoins beyond buying small amounts monthly.
I only have small amounts, I have barely any Bitcoin now due to trading, but my next payment is tomorrow which will mostly go into savings.

I would not gamble and would only invest if you know exactly what your doing.
Minerjoe

Activity: 406

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 04:39:11 PM

This is a bitcoin forum and I would always opt for crypto before gold.

dulldog

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 05:25:21 PM

Is it better to save money in bank or invest it online, in real estate or maybe gold?

Depends on how much you have  Grin

I'd go with banks and online investments 70/30

BTW has anyone ever worked with mutual funds? I'm very interested to know more about it. 
Natalia_AnatolioPAMM

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 06:06:11 PM

depends on your personal situation. never put all your eggs in one basket  Smiley

i always keep in mind this quote  Wink the only way to success
p.nusia

Activity: 56

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 07:29:54 PM

It depends on many factors.
First of all it depends on how much money you have. It also depends on the current economic situation as well as on prospects of the company you invest in
Joint Force

Activity: 804
Merit: 500

DAO ↔ DApp

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2015, 09:56:50 PM

@all

Do you think participating in The 420 Alliance Joint Force [DAO] Store would be a form of investing?
read more... https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=967364

Do you see DAOs & crypto jobs as a growth sector?

kinnu

Activity: 552
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 08:34:51 AM

Bank gives low interest investing in real estate is good idea. Investment in stockmarket also gives good returns but it is risky.

P  A
              █████
▀████▄    ▄████▀
  ▀███   ████▀
    █▀ ▄███▀
      ███▀
    ▄██▀ ▄█▄
   ██▀   ████
 ▄█▀      ████▄
█▀         ▀▀▀▀▀

F  U  L

ЛУЧШAЯ P2P ПЛATФOPMA ДЛЯ CДEЛOК C БИTКOИHOM
                    ▄█████▄▄▄                                        ▄██▀██████▄
         ▄██████ ▄▄▄███▄                                  ▄███▀▀ ████████
        ▄█████████ ▄▄▄ █                                ▄███ █▄██ ▀▀▄▄ █
        ████▀███▀ █████▀█                               ██▀█▄▄███ ██▄█▀
       ███▀ ▄  ██▀███ █                                ▄▄█▀██████▀▀
      ▄███▄▀███▄▄██▄ █                                █▄▄▄█████ █▄
     ███████▄ █ ████▀ █ █    ▄█████████▄                 █ █▀███▀▄████
     ▀███████ █ ██████▀██    ███ ▄▄ ████                  ▀▀▀▀▄▄███████
       ▀███████▄ ▀▀▄▄█ █     ███ ▄▄  ███                       █████████▄▄
          ▀▀██████ ▄▄▄██     ███▄▄▄▄▄███                     ▄▄ █████▀▀ ███▄▄▄
           █▄▄▄▀██ ▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     █████▄         ███▄ █▀ ▄▄██ ▀  █████▄
     ▄▄███▄▄▀▀██ ▄▄▄         ███████████      █████▄       █  ▀█  ████ ██████   ███▄
   ▄██████████▄  ████▄        ▀▀▀███▀▀▀        █████ █▄   █    ██▄▄▄███   █▀     ███▄
   ███████████████████           █▀            ▀▀▀▀ ██  █▀▀██▄  █████▄▄█▀ ▄▄█▄██  █
  █████████████████████                       █▀████████ ███ ███▀▀█████▀ ▄████ ██▄██ 
  ██████ ███████████▄▀██      ▄█████            █▄ ▀█████▄ ▀█ ▀█▄  ███▀ ▄█████  ███ █
  ██████▄████████████▄ ▄   ████████▀             ▀█████████ ▀██ █▄▄█▀ ▄████████▀▀ ██▀
 ▄████▀▀█ ████████████ █  ██ ▀▀▀ ▄                   ▀▀█████ █▄ ▀██ ▄████  ▀█▀▄█████
 █▀▄▄▄▀▀█ ▄ ████████▀  ▄▄█████████                     ▀██ ▄███▄▄▄██ ██     ███▀ ███
 █▀▄▄▄██  ██████▀▀▄▄██████████▄▄█                      ██ ▄▄█▀█████ █ ███  ▄██▀  █████
  ████████ ▀▀ ▄▄███████▀▀                               ▀███▄▄▄▄▄██▄█▄▄██████▀  ██████
GreenStox

Activity: 1148
Merit: 252

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 01:01:09 PM

Here is my absurd idea, let me see if it works:

Suppose you get a huge loan, buy bitcoins with it, and then default on the loan.

You give out your property only as collateral, of which price will anyway go down eventually (if not by erosion, but by the huge deflation after this much money printing).

But the price of bitcoin will go up eventually as the system falls down.

What do you think? (it addresses my suggestion to the OP about investing the money)

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
HiTmanSql

Activity: 28

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 01:05:41 PM

BTC is not that bad to invest right now. the price is slowly pushing up.
but still have a safety of couple of money non-invested anywhere. just in case
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2015, 05:24:25 PM

Invest money if you have saved the required amount. If you are managing to save more than 30-40% of the required amount, it's better to invest in gold or real estate as it's profitable. Bitcoins are a bit risky and it takes a lot of time to earn profit while it takes just few months in the case of gold and real estate is the best investment.

compmaster

Activity: 476

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 08:15:07 PM
Last edit: April 03, 2015, 09:40:30 PM by compmaster

@all

Do you think participating in The 420 Alliance Joint Force [DAO] Store would be a form of investing?
read more... https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=967364

Do you see DAOs & crypto jobs as a growth sector?

I will invest in that store. I own some POT, CANN and THC. I would like to diversify some more of my BTC into all of the weed coins. This sounds like an excellent plan. Shove crypto down peoples throats! Force people into using crypto by undercutting traditional businesses.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 712 »
  Print  

Jump to: