Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 03:38:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... 712 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it better to save money or invest it?  (Read 1181158 times)
greBit

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 12:36:32 PM

In my point of view it is better to assign some part of money for investing and some part for saving in a good place.

Diversification in investments is crucial, I have made the mistakes in my life to learn it the hard way. You should never put in all your money over something that might even skyrocket, because nothing is worth the risk. Use only that money that you won't mind losing In simple terms, don't fucking gamble with your rent money or invest the money in something which you'd rather use for insurance.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
needFREElunch

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Hi

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 01:08:18 PM

A nice balance of both is necessary  . It also depends on your risk taking appetite. Save what you invest. Investment is necessary for any middle aged man to grow further whereas saving is necessary to retain that development.

pureelite

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 03:28:39 PM

Is it better to save money in bank or invest it online, in real estate or maybe gold?

Of course it is better to invest money in something smart. I think I have a lot of money, I would invest in real estate, because I think it's the best thing that you can not lose money.
zecexe

Activity: 224

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 08:11:53 AM

If you're think which is better to save or in vest. The answer is to invest because inflation can seriously affect the value of cash savings over the medium and long term. Invest what you see. lol
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 08:29:51 AM

apparently litecoin's wave isn't ended, i would invest something there if you have not already done it, because until the halving there is a great chance that another increase will come, 0.03 is to be expected, which is 33% gain not bad if you ask me

so for now i would consider in vesting in bitcoin and litecoin, and nothing else
Dotakels

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 08:57:32 AM

If you're think which is better to save or in vest. The answer is to invest because inflation can seriously affect the value of cash savings over the medium and long term. Invest what you see. lol
Yes inflation can seriously affect the value of cash  but, if you invest in bitcoins inflation can't affect your coins because its digital and government not have a liable for the lose or the growth of your coins.
Kozlov

Activity: 212

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 11:26:21 AM

If you save your money in bank .bank will use your money for our purpose and give you a small bit of purpose.I think invest money in bitcoin for high purpose. But bitcoin investment is little bit risk then bank save.

Argwai96
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

Thug for life!

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 02:21:43 PM

I would not save money has a form of just saving but you could find a property that is going to save you money has an investment, i would say go ahead and go for bitcoin but you could always invest in a property rent it out and cash the rent into bitcoin which is a property generating you income.
wearepoor

Activity: 784

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 08:39:20 PM

A nice balance of both is necessary  . It also depends on your risk taking appetite. Save what you invest. Investment is necessary for any middle aged man to grow further whereas saving is necessary to retain that development.

Yes saving comes first. If you dont save how one can invest in the future? For a medium class person savings is the most important thing. As he want to take care of day to day expenses so saving can only serve the purpose and once you have enough savings then can think of investments.
arallmuus
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1406

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2015, 10:38:02 PM

But bitcoin investment is little bit risk then bank save.

This will depends on how you are seeing your investment is. If you truly value security then BTC is the right investment but if you still actually afraid about the volatility issue then dont put your money in BTC.
Saving money on the other hand is risky as well because your FIAT is exposed to the yearly inflation rate. Even with the monthly interest rate from saving being compunded, I doubt that the interest will be higher than yearly inflation rate. However another option will be safe deposits if you would like to have the minimum risk of "investment" or gold

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Zorrocoin

Activity: 336

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 02:35:15 PM

if some one has little to no experience with investing they are better off contacting some who knows exactly how everything works.
investing is risky which means if you invest it in the wrong industry or wrong in a wrong way you might end up with a huge loss.

Both saving money in a bank and investing it are equally good and bad. Banking might seem more secure but you only lose in the long term because of the high inflation rate taking place. Additionally, investing in the wrong area is also bad. I'd rather invest than to save in a bank, and I'd rather invest in both gold and bitcoin.
Erdogan
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 04:53:55 AM
Last edit: July 11, 2015, 05:10:21 AM by Erdogan

Money in a demand deposit account (your normal account where you receive your wages and spend through cards or via internet bank transfer), is quite different from base money, the actual fiat paper rectangles.
The money in your account, is really debt, it is money that the bank owes you by contract. When you pay, you really tell the bank: The money you owe me, please do not owe that to me any more, owe it in stead to the store!

The two types of money, the rectangles and the deposit money, are different money types with different value. The spread between them is normally small, and the debt money can even sometimes be worth slightly more, since they are very practical for payment.

This is under normal circumstances, when the bank is solvent and liquid, or at least everyone believe it is. But this can suddenly change, and the spread can be large. It happens in greece now. The account money is worth less, and people frenetically try to exchange the deposit money to something of higher value, like home appliances (since they can pay in shops but not withdraw base money). Not so with the euro rectangles, they are hidden in the proverbial mattress.

It is something to think about for long time savers. Money in the bank is not the same as fiat paper rectangles. The spread is normally low, until it isn't any more.

It is noteworthy that the cancellation of withdrawal rights comes when people start to withdraw. So the most careful and quickly reacting people can convert, but the more gullible will always lose, even when they are also quick to withdraw. Only the quickest get the money.
greBit

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 05:10:34 AM

if some one has little to no experience with investing they are better off contacting some who knows exactly how everything works.
investing is risky which means if you invest it in the wrong industry or wrong in a wrong way you might end up with a huge loss.

Both saving money in a bank and investing it are equally good and bad. Banking might seem more secure but you only lose in the long term because of the high inflation rate taking place. Additionally, investing in the wrong area is also bad. I'd rather invest than to save in a bank, and I'd rather invest in both gold and bitcoin.

I think somehow we all rely on banks for now because we do not know what to do of our lifelong savings. How can we put it all in a bitcoin wallet as it is more of an investment right now, if it falls, lifelong money will be lost and no one should take that risk, ever. Once it is adopted and used more like currency and considered less of an investment, I'd put all my money in my bitcoin wallet.
Erdogan
Legendary

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 05:15:14 AM

I think somehow we all rely on banks for now because we do not know what to do of our lifelong savings. How can we put it all in a bitcoin wallet as it is more of an investment right now, if it falls, lifelong money will be lost and no one should take that risk, ever. Once it is adopted and used more like currency and considered less of an investment, I'd put all my money in my bitcoin wallet.

You have always gold, it fluctuates, but is less risky. And you have the fiat paper rectangles.

grendel25
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1031

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 06:59:21 AM

If you are young you should be investing more than you save.  As you get older you should move out of riskier investments and into low risk or no risk savings but ideally with interest if possible but good savings interest rates are hard to find compared to years ago.

..EPICENTRAL .....
..EPIC: Epic Private Internet Cash..
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀    ██████▄
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
▀████████▌▐       ████████▀
▀████████ ▄██▄  ████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████▀█████▀████████▄
▄██████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀██████▄
██████▌             ▐██████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
▀█████▄  ▄▄     ▄▄  ▄█████▀
▀██████▄▄███████▄▄██████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
[/center]
arallmuus
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1406

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2015, 07:35:07 AM

If you are young you should be investing more than you save. 

Investing had nothing to do with you age apparently . What matters is your financial management if you are choosing to invest instead of saving it. Without it then you are bound to fail no matter how big your capital or how old/young you are.

no risk savings but ideally with interest if possible but good savings interest rates are hard to find compared to years ago.

As a matter of fact, savings in a bank is actually a loss for yourself because the interest rate will always be lower than the yearly inflation rate. That is a risk because in the end the FIAT that you hold could be "worthless" due to inflation and safe deposits could be an answer for that if you are willing to give away the ability to move your FIAT around , the gain of the interest may not be as big as investing your money however it is much more safer .

As for the bolded part, the interest rate were never always the same IIRC and most of the saving interest rate were always below inflation rate (depending on the country inflation rate though)

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Zorrocoin

Activity: 336

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 11:03:38 AM

Is it better to save money in bank or invest it online, in real estate or maybe gold?

I would prefer 50 percent saving in bank and the other half in investing in bitcoin and gold, both. Gold is good because of the high rate of inflation and bitcoin is better because well.... do I even need to say it. It just is there are a thpousand reasons why it is better than gold. Do half - half in saving and investing in bitcoin and gold.
greBit

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 02:45:03 PM

I would prefer 50 percent saving in bank and the other half in investing in bitcoin and gold, both. Gold is good because of the high rate of inflation and bitcoin is better because well.... do I even need to say it. It just is there are a thousand reasons why it is better than gold. Do half - half in saving and investing in bitcoin and gold.

It is sad the only way we can save our money is by either keeping it at home which is really dangerous and obviously I advise against it, or to keep it in a bank where we are given a false assumption that our money is saved. When their heads will be on gun point, they will take away all our money from us, similar to the collateral damage of the Greece default and economy collapse.
Erdogan
Legendary

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 03:11:48 PM

I would prefer 50 percent saving in bank and the other half in investing in bitcoin and gold, both. Gold is good because of the high rate of inflation and bitcoin is better because well.... do I even need to say it. It just is there are a thpousand reasons why it is better than gold. Do half - half in saving and investing in bitcoin and gold.

Good advice, but I would say bitcoin or gold is the saving, and the bank account is the investment.
Dotakels

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 03:34:25 PM

You have always gold, it fluctuates, but is less risky. And you have the fiat paper rectangles.

But bitcoin price are depends on fiat money? so that you can't say that bitcoin will replace fiat money. So we can used bitcoin or fiat money either of that still they have both risk.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... 712 »
  Print  

Jump to: