Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 12:36:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 712 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it better to save money or invest it?  (Read 1181158 times)
BTCevo
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 12:49:48 PM

If you could go back and choose another type of education, would you change it given what you said above?

If I could do it over, I'd either go into neuroscience, engineering or technology (science/physics background).  Business is a pretty bullshit subject to study in university as you mentioned, it's easy to learn online through research. 

If i could do it over, i would not have gone to university, i would have even quit school.

I would just waited until 2009 and saved money until then (probably asked some money from parents and would went to a low paying job), then buy bitcoin back in 2009 and now be filthy rich.

You always need your degree for the first thing to do in your life altough you said that you do a full time job for a bitcoin but the price is so volatile and are you going to sacrifice all things just to wait this bitcoing going high? Let say that you are rich for that time, are you gonna live only for that moment?

No i would have bought myself the things i`ve needed, then extracted a few more millions and put those in some safe investments in case bitcoin would be gone (i could not know the future in 2013). And i would have kept like 10-15 million $ in bitcoin just to see what happens with it.

I`m sure most of the bitcoin millionaires did the same, nobody just let all their earnings in bitcoin, and nobody converted them all back into fiat. All of them have hybrid portfolios by now.

How can you suppose to know what kind of things that you needed in a future if you didnt get your degree? And how you do that all things without any basic. Im sure if you go all like that you must be scammed by many people out there and there is no going back after you step outside. It depends on how are you going to do with this all stuffs, somebody let all their earning in bitcoin to try luck in it and have a bright future but some dont, so it doesnt mean that you have spare you will succeed it all depends on your hardwork too
If you don't know what stuff or things that you need in the future, I will suggested that you save your money so that if the time comes that you will buy a stuff that will helped you, you can but it because you have money. Instead of buying things that you didn't know that it could help you, save it or invest it so your money can earn a profit, even if it small or big it will help you so much.

isn't better to invest your time instead, and save every penny(minus the one that are mandatory to spend, for foods, bill ecc...), in this way there is no risk, only fatigue at the end of the day, maybe

time is your money after all

Yes its true time is money but if you just stay like that and save every penny you got, it doesnt make you really rich, I didnt say that it is not worth but that kind of things just let you live your normal live. All of us want to change our life thats why we are trying the best of investment in this bitcoin to get a better life

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
freeyourmind

Activity: 364
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 02:29:46 AM

Yes its true time is money but if you just stay like that and save every penny you got, it doesnt make you really rich, I didnt say that it is not worth but that kind of things just let you live your normal live. All of us want to change our life thats why we are trying the best of investment in this bitcoin to get a better life

Time is only money for those that can generate income from their time.  Time is not money to an unemployed person Wink

I think there is a range of different reasons that people here are interested in bitcoin.  For me, it's not really much of an investment to get a better life.  I just want to learn about the technology and how it works.
Dotakels

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 06:19:53 AM

Time is only money for those that can generate income from their time.  Time is not money to an unemployed person Wink

I think there is a range of different reasons that people here are interested in bitcoin.  For me, it's not really much of an investment to get a better life.  I just want to learn about the technology and how it works.
If you want to only learn the technology ? Why you are joining in signature campaign? Sorry for my doubt to you. You won't better life here in bitcoin? For you the mean of the better life is having a big money? For me better life is only a simple life. I get able some bitcoin here but i truly need to learn what is bitcoin are.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 08:32:49 AM

signature campaign and faucets are other forms of generating money by using your time, but without being an employer...and there are many other form like this(youtube video, google ads ecc...)
BTCevo
Legendary

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 11:50:05 AM

If you really interested in technology why you wasting your time here? This is not all about technology. This is where to change your life. If you really like a lot about it may be you can try others site that study about technology or you can get it from some researcher
Dotakels

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 12:01:57 PM

signature campaign and faucets are other forms of generating money by using your time, but without being an employer...and there are many other form like this(youtube video, google ads ecc...)
Signature campaign and faucets are the other income of others. This income don't need to go to office day by day, no need money for transportation, for food. You only need is internet connection and your time to join in discussion.
nerFohanzo

Activity: 631
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 12:07:16 PM

Its an totally Individual decision, Investing is always a better option..but depends on type of investment that you make.. Its good to invest in Gold or Real Estate because in Long run u will earn BEST Return on Investments. Saving is for present but Investments are for future benefits.
GreenStox

Activity: 1148
Merit: 252

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 03:30:40 PM

How can you suppose to know what kind of things that you needed in a future if you didnt get your degree? And how you do that all things without any basic. Im sure if you go all like that you must be scammed by many people out there and there is no going back after you step outside. It depends on how are you going to do with this all stuffs, somebody let all their earning in bitcoin to try luck in it and have a bright future but some dont, so it doesnt mean that you have spare you will succeed it all depends on your hardwork too

The degree is useless anyway, i work in a totally different field than my degree, so its really toilet paper for me.

No i`m usually very ambitious, well 17 years of jail  in a government indoctrination camp called "public education" takes alot of persistance to go through, as its so horrible and boring that otherwise no sane person would go through it.

Too bad it was a scam.

So miniscams dont really affect me, we`ve all been victims of the big scam already.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
LazerSMS

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2015, 06:02:24 PM

definitely the latter

Invest = make more money

Send and Receive SMS Anonymously with Bitcoin | LazerSMS.com
grandFX
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 06:48:30 PM

time to invest now and get return for your invesment.
if just you save money in the bank no profit from it.
Erza
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 02:17:23 AM

saving currently isn't really interesting as a normal savings account gets you 1% interest per year. if you have money that you'll not spend the comming years it can be set at 4-6% each year but the downside is that you can't acces your money for 5 years.
Saving is interesting even if your savings is normal. But you can't spend or withdraw your money within 5 years and you can only have an interest with only 1% annually. But you have still interest.

Altough it is intersting but some people didnt want to get that because of the low interest and need to stuck there for 5 years. That is a long of waiting, better for them to invest in something in being developed like bitcoin
Dotakels

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 03:35:13 AM

definitely the latter

Invest = make more money
Not really make money. In investing there are a risk so that you dont know what are will happened to your money it can make a profit or it will lose. But there are some investment the have 0% risk but it will earn you a profit with only 1-3% of how much you invest .
a.wilburg

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 09:26:17 AM

probably depends on what you would invest in
Bitcoin Explorer

Activity: 854

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 10:00:19 AM

Dont invest online is sneaky, shady places. Try to invest in real estate, gold, or Bitcoin, which really has potential. Moreover, as someone already mentioned, the interest you earn in a bank savings account cant earn you much, compared to the inflation. Rather, you should consider putting in some money in Fixed desposits(not too much, the max at which there is no tax)

BTCevo
Legendary

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 12:50:10 PM

The degree is useless anyway, i work in a totally different field than my degree, so its really toilet paper for me.

No i`m usually very ambitious, well 17 years of jail  in a government indoctrination camp called "public education" takes alot of persistance to go through, as its so horrible and boring that otherwise no sane person would go through it.

Too bad it was a scam.

So miniscams dont really affect me, we`ve all been victims of the big scam already.

Nope, actually degree is the first right thing to do in your life. I dont ask you to get phd or master or anything. With this degree it will help you being respected altough not many of them. Yes its true that after you done with your degree 70-80% of them wont work on their field but still you can learn many things in there and improve your relationship with others and that what make you capability increase.
gripflierGO

Activity: 533

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 12:18:28 PM

Investment would be the best option. But make sure that the investment that you make gives you the best returns in the future. The best options for investment are Gold Real Estate and at present also Bitcoins. And savings wont give that much returns.
Dotakels

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 12:31:18 PM

Investment would be the best option. But make sure that the investment that you make gives you the best returns in the future. The best options for investment are Gold Real Estate and at present also Bitcoins. And savings wont give that much returns.
I recommended if you are a working or you have job. Save your 20% salary every month,dont stop until you get enough a six month of you salary example my salary is $2000 times 6 equals $12000 it tooks 3 years to complete that if you done that your savings will invest in compound interest so that your money will doubled or triple.
Erza
Legendary

Activity: 1078

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 01:12:03 PM

The best thing is always investment but how can you make sure that doint invest it will gives the best return? All investment sure got risk and the higher the risk the better is the result. So what are you gonna choose? And savings didnt give any return at all but it still can help you for the future, its like a little investment
operrajunk74

Activity: 344
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 01:16:52 PM

Ya but if u invest in gold thats definitely going to give u the best returns in future u can also go for stocks but there is higher risk but as you said More Risks More Returns...and you can earn fast money from stocks but again there risks will accompany you.
torrentheaven

Activity: 952

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 02:20:49 PM

Invest in Gold. As its value gonna increase day by day. I would prefer saving first and then go for investment. Without savings you can't make an investment so i guess you need to save a part of your salary every month and then as you have good fund with you go for investment.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 712 »
  Print  

Jump to: