Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 04:53:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 ... 712 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it better to save money or invest it?  (Read 1181158 times)
umair01

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 11:30:35 AM

holding bitcoin is saving and also an investment. you get best of both in one package. but for most people just holding bitcoin is too boring so they look out to find ways to invest their coins into something risky to get high rewards.
for me is actually I try to spend the earned bitcoin money in some projects in order to earn more in the long run instead of invest it in somebody's else company

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
greBit

Activity: 714

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 11:31:29 AM

Best thing will be to combine both of them , saving and investing but you need some analysis to make the best decision.
analysis always say that investing is much far better than saving money.
At the current rate of inflation you will be burning your money by saving it at home or in the banks.

But saving money in Bitcoin is saving after all. Or savings are only if you hold the money in fiat? Does holding money in Gold and or Bitcoin become an investment or is considered saving? This is actually a good question. For me saving is storing money and holding it whatever the form of money, so fiat, metals, bitcoin, it's all different types of money and buying and holding is basically saving.

holding bitcoin is saving and also an investment. you get best of both in one package. but for most people just holding bitcoin is too boring so they look out to find ways to invest their coins into something risky to get high rewards.

Its not that holding bitcoins is boring, but the fact that bitcoins should often be traded and circulated, otherwise if everybody just bought bitcoins and waited for them to boom, they never would. Trade ensures that bitcoins are being circulated and used, which is the very reason bitcoin has value. The more bitcoin trade takes place, the more value increases. If nobody uses bitcoin, its price would be 0$ in the real world.
Falconer
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1124

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 12:31:59 PM

what percentage of the total salary us that we must set aside to be saved?
whether good if I could save 30% of the total salary?
Its totally depend on how much you're earning and your cost living. Percentage cant working in saving.

for me is actually I try to spend the earned bitcoin money in some projects in order to earn more in the long run instead of invest it in somebody's else company
Then do you invest it in your own projects? Make your own project cant guarantee you to earn more than invest in somebody's else company imo.

They were not boring, but they just want to earn higher profit in investment or gambling.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
wearepoor

Activity: 784

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 12:34:49 PM

Best thing will be to combine both of them , saving and investing but you need some analysis to make the best decision.
At the current rate of inflation you will be burning your money by saving it at home or in the banks.

But saving money in Bitcoin is saving after all. Or savings are only if you hold the money in fiat? Does holding money in Gold and or Bitcoin become an investment or is considered saving? This is actually a good question. For me saving is storing money and holding it whatever the form of money, so fiat, metals, bitcoin, it's all different types of money and buying and holding is basically saving.

Yeah I have seen many people who don't have patience, even if they have 1 BTC in their wallet, they would not keep it safe for the future, rather they would experiment with it to make it double in a quick time generally in gambling and at the end loose everything.
Miracal

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 12:39:53 PM

Yeah I have seen many people who don't have patience, even if they have 1 BTC in their wallet, they would not keep it safe for the future, rather they would experiment with it to make it double in a quick time generally in gambling and at the end loose everything.

I don't gamble so often but I have heard from harharhar9965 often that one should only invest the money he can afford to lose. Losing 1 btc might not be something people really enjoy, ofcourse they feel bad about losing it but the fact that they could afford to lose it calms the situation. I always advise people to trade, rather than gamble. Trade is vital for the growth of bitcoin.
umair01

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 01:11:31 PM

Then do you invest it in your own projects? Make your own project cant guarantee you to earn more than invest in somebody's else company imo.

yes I already did invested on my project , unfortunately it wasn't a success for me , so now I'm on process of collecting some more so i could start a new project , your right as it will not guarantee , but I have to pass this phase of trial and error in order to be able to stand on my own foot in the future which these are the consequences I have to pass for now
HarHarHar9965

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 01:26:45 PM

yes I already did invested on my project , unfortunately it wasn't a success for me , so now I'm on process of collecting some more so i could start a new project , your right as it will not guarantee , but I have to pass this phase of trial and error in order to be able to stand on my own foot in the future which these are the consequences I have to pass for now

Really appreciate the confidence and will to struggle and achieve, that's how one should perceive such situations. As far as guarantee of investing in projects go, I would rather invest in my own project because it would allow me to be in control of decisions and situations I see, rather than trust an unknown person who promises to increase my investment in a month or two. No, thanks.
BTCevo
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 02:19:01 PM

invest it. with invest the money can be high chart....
invest on propherty, gold on bank, or company, home, etc

not all investor get profit some of people get loss and even bankruptcy
i think better to save some of your sallary  it could be used for emergency case

Yes its true not all people will get profit, and its not wrong too to save some salary for emergency case but what I can tell here managing you finances is great thing to do, may be you can spare some salary to your emergency things and others are for investment, more over you are investing in bitcoin. This is a solid investment to make, you can get 2x to 3x profit. And one more thing dont even dare to invest all of your money in one investment, diversify it and you will feel the effect
umair01

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 02:46:10 PM

Really appreciate the confidence and will to struggle and achieve, that's how one should perceive such situations. As far as guarantee of investing in projects go, I would rather invest in my own project because it would allow me to be in control of decisions and situations I see, rather than trust an unknown person who promises to increase my investment in a month or two. No, thanks.
Thank you , means a lot Smiley
that way of thinking you have is 100% the way everyone else should be , being in control of your investment is a lot more valuable since you would have total freedom in what you want to do with it instead of waiting for others to make the right move
mearylll

Activity: 315

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 04:21:54 PM

I don't gamble so often but I have heard from harharhar9965 often that one should only invest the money he can afford to lose. Losing 1 btc might not be something people really enjoy, ofcourse they feel bad about losing it but the fact that they could afford to lose it calms the situation. I always advise people to trade, rather than gamble. Trade is vital for the growth of bitcoin.

Yes, trading is much better option as compared to the gambling, as in gambling you will win once but keep on loosing thereafter, and that is the basic rule of gambling, people wins and gets attracted to gambling and turn up loosing, So it is better to trade and not gamble.
Falconer
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1124

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 07:35:50 PM

Yes I am. I dont have patience, thats why I never hold my bitcoin for long time since its price is still fluctuation. Seems investment is not too suitable for me. I prefer do gambling then Grin

Although you have lost on your old project, you are still better person than those who are scammed because investing in someones else business. Good luck on your project!

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Miracal

Activity: 350

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 09:19:25 PM

Yes, trading is much better option as compared to the gambling, as in gambling you will win once but keep on loosing thereafter, and that is the basic rule of gambling, people wins and gets attracted to gambling and turn up loosing, So it is better to trade and not gamble.

Trade is quite similar to gamble too, as you have to decide the coin you are going to invest on and choose it solely on its stats and potential, or how attractive it seems at the moment. Nobody expected litecoin to increase from a few cents to 5-7$, it was a crazy increase in terms of percentage, imagine people buying in large quantities made good profit. A person who might have worth 10$ of bitcoin made a profit of more than +100$ (My math examples are terrible but I hope you get my point)
Derrike

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 08:10:17 AM

According to me, holding money is a saving and buying more Bitcoins and hodling them is investment.
If we hold fiat only in our hands then after a year it's value decreases.
Derrike

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 08:15:17 AM

Hey, there is no reward without any risks.
Rewards come with risks.
But if we diversify our investment then we have less chances of loosing it all in one strike.
Dotakels

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 08:57:02 AM

Hey, there is no reward without any risks.
Rewards come with risks.
But if we diversify our investment then we have less chances of loosing it all in one strike.
You can get a reward if you take and solved the risk in that situation. Yes that is the one strategies to avoid losing all of your money or losing big percent of your money, just diversify to get different income with different rewards and benefits.
GreenStox

Activity: 1148
Merit: 252

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 01:11:50 PM

With a high ROI cryptocurrency, the 2 things are the same.

Imagine saving money with an asset like AMBER or BANXSHARES that give out dividends, it would be heaven for investors!

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1359

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 01:20:31 PM

With a high ROI cryptocurrency, the 2 things are the same.

Imagine saving money with an asset like AMBER or BANXSHARES that give out dividends, it would be heaven for investors!

I totally agree with you, mate. Banxshares and Amber are one of the best investments out there. I've been earning good profits  Wink

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
umair01

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 02:38:20 PM

Although you have lost on your old project, you are still better person than those who are scammed because investing in someones else business. Good luck on your project!
thank you for the positivity spirit Smiley yes I feel sorry for those who are scammed as it seems to always grow in number rather than decrease .... Thank you so much Smiley
kampretkabur

Activity: 742

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 05:08:31 PM

bitcoin has a bright future, not to sy its safe though
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1530

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 05:11:39 PM

In times where fiat money is printed like copy paper and inflations increases around the world, you should rather invest your money on valuable goods like gold, silver, real estates etc.
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 ... 712 »
  Print  

Jump to: