Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:30:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 712 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it better to save money or invest it?  (Read 1181158 times)
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 01:57:49 PM

Investing money in something is kinda risky,beacuse you can easily lose money even if you know what are you doing
on the otherside saving money can be also risky if you save it in the bank,there is always danger of inflation

Inflation and taxes will currently cause you to loose money when saving. Saving is not the way to make your money work for you currently.
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 02:03:57 PM

For sure not to invest on Real Estate ,that flood of printed money created one big bubble
stocks at that level the same ,part of money in bitcoin can be good saving,just be careful,if you can find save asset,it can be good,gold is over manipulated,so it is hard

Generally i think it will be crash on stocks,real estate,after crash,if you have cash you can invest more aggresive

In some countries I think the prices of real state are at it's lowest. Can the prices keep going down? in brazil some people has made fortunes, spain is also at all time lows with real state. How can it keep going any lower?
BTCevo
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 02:14:49 PM

Save money is a bad idea, it like you lent your money to rich people, and make them more richer. Find a right way to invest your money, you can earn more.

How the hell is saving money a bad idea? You don't have to keep it in a bank, and investing your money just for the sake of it is a good way to lose it all especially if you don't know what you're doing.
hahah its not good to lose your money that you hard work for it. Theres some investment that have a low risk so that you will assure that your money won't be lose. But saving is not a bad idea.

If it lose for the investment I think it will worth because there is a chance that you get back all of your money with some interest or may be to lose all of it and get the experience so I think both of it will worth. If there is a risk your money must be on the bet so it will lose anyway altough it has a low risk on the investment because we can't predit anything what will happen in the future
But he didn't say that lose in investment he only said that loss your money in a nonsense thing. If your money loss in investment its ok, because at lease you have experienced and you know what strategies and you can now success in your investment.

You didnt understand me at all. I said that earlier and you post the same about what I said before. I said if he lose his money on some investment that will be ok because its worth enough. So what is the point your post?
Xialla
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

/dev/null

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 02:43:39 PM

saving money is investment...you are investing in stability of the currency, to trust of your bank and you just believe that tomorrow you will be able same amount of goods as today..

because of banks, regulations and inflation..well, I'm not sure if it is best practice. key is to spread (diverse) your fiat...to stocks, gold...and bitcoin. I'm holding in bank less then 20% of my total assets..
arallmuus
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1404

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2015, 03:55:32 PM

I'm curious as to why the size of principal matters?

Its common sense in investing. The bigger your principal is , the bigger interest that you will gain from it

Quite the contrary. The interest paid on the amount of money lowers as the latter grows, given the same level of risk. There are just fewer investment options for a billion dollars than for a thousand (or even a million). As I have mentioned it earlier, with 3-4 bitcoins you (well, me) can easily earn 1% daily by trading, while it becomes quite tricky (and risky) to keep the rate with greater amounts

AFAIK no, The interest rate increase or atleast stays the same no matter what your principal is. "Duration" matters as well , the longer you put in your principal the bigger you will get in return

Regarding the trading things, I do agree you could yearn more with this but not everyone are good at trading ( I am decent :p ). IF someone "win" in trading, someone will "lose". Thus this encourage people to invest their principal to someone else i.e bank deposits for a smaller interest rate , longer duration but much more easier since you will only need to sign some paperwork and transfer in your principal

P.S: bank deposits are consider as investment itself and the safest I think

Obviously you are wrong. Treasuries (i.e. government debt) is the safest monetary investment out there
[/quote]

Not entirely wrong, "governments debt" are risky if you dont know what you are doing. Things are way different than the past where there are wars and debt are pilling up. On the other hand, bank deposits requires less work and knowledge for "investment thingie"

P.S : I may be wrong on this , here is an article about GOVERNMENT DEBT

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2015, 04:16:14 PM

Obviously you are wrong. Treasuries (i.e. government debt) is the safest monetary investment out there

Not entirely wrong, "governments debt" are risky if you dont know what you are doing. Things are way different than the past where there are wars and debt are pilling up. On the other hand, bank deposits requires less work and knowledge for "investment thingie"

Do you really think that in case of warfare your bank deposit will be safer that the papers of the state this bank is located in and governed by? Just compare the number of banks going bust and states defaulting on their obligations...

cparsley

Activity: 215
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 04:46:38 PM

Back in the day it was savings=tie with inflation (as it offered (GASP!) a percentage rate of return).... Today, good freaking luck with that....

But if you can't beat the inflation rate with your investments, your taking on extra risk for what, still falling backwards? No thanks in my mind.
Natalia_AnatolioPAMM

Activity: 280

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 04:49:30 PM

Investing money in something is kinda risky,beacuse you can easily lose money even if you know what are you doing
on the otherside saving money can be also risky if you save it in the bank,there is always danger of inflation

golden rules of economy which derive entrepreneurs from office workers.
arallmuus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2015, 05:28:58 PM

Do you really think that in case of warfare your bank deposit will be safer that the papers of the state this bank is located in and governed by? Just compare the number of banks going bust and states defaulting on their obligations...

You miss out my point . My point is not about warfare, Im stating that goverment debt are risky since it requires some knowledge but it is the safest bet out there if you know how things works of course and not everyone have the "knowledge" for that and that is why I am still on my decision that bank deposits are much more "safer" since it requires no knowledge and all you need is to sign on a piece of paper  Wink

P.S : plus that most people just want to multiply their principal without knowing whats going on, in the end as long as their principal increase then they wont mind where the money comes from

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 06:34:30 PM

Differentiate, differentiate, differentiate.

Invest most of it but into several potentially profitable projects. Save 20%.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
arallmuus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2015, 09:21:01 PM

Diversify your principal between saving and investing is indeed a right way to do it but rather than investing into several "investment" , it will be better if people put it into one solid "investment" of his own choice. In this case , deposits could be an option, safe and easy with just a signature on a piece of paper.

P.S: BTC itself is a form of investment as well if you believe it long term strategy  Wink

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2015, 09:58:11 PM
Last edit: May 21, 2015, 10:29:28 PM by deisik

You miss out my point . My point is not about warfare, Im stating that goverment debt are risky since it requires some knowledge but it is the safest bet out there if you know how things works of course and not everyone have the "knowledge" for that and that is why I am still on my decision that bank deposits are much more "safer" since it requires no knowledge and all you need is to sign on a piece of paper

How is that? I guess it is by far more difficult to choose which bank to put your money in than choosing between which government bonds to buy (from a safety view-point, of course). It may come as surprise to you but short-term government bonds are rightfully considered as just another form of money, so their risk is essentially the same as that of a currency the bonds are denominated in. Thereby your risk is actually multiplied when you put your money in a bank...

If your point is not about warfare, why did you mention wars then?

Dotakels

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 25, 2015, 03:10:51 PM

Diversify your principal between saving and investing is indeed a right way to do it but rather than investing into several "investment" , it will be better if people put it into one solid "investment" of his own choice. In this case , deposits could be an option, safe and easy with just a signature on a piece of paper.

P.S: BTC itself is a form of investment as well if you believe it long term strategy  Wink

But if you put all your money or solid your money in just one investment and if that investment was failed you don't have left any money, so that its better to diversify your money or make business that make you earn money and can take over the loss in your investment.
Erza
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 02:04:40 AM

But if you put all your money or solid your money in just one investment and if that investment was failed you don't have left any money, so that its better to diversify your money or make business that make you earn money and can take over the loss in your investment.

But its too risky to diversify your money scattered all of the invesments. If you loss there is no guarantee you will cover it with others invesments and

the payout you got is never higher than one solid invesment that will make your return is slower
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 07:00:51 AM

too much differentiation isn't good either, better to choose 2-3 good investments and follow those otherwise you will only lose yourself and also your chance of getting into a scam investments will increase
Light

Activity: 742
Merit: 502

Circa 2010

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 07:43:40 AM

too much differentiation isn't good either, better to choose 2-3 good investments and follow those otherwise you will only lose yourself and also your chance of getting into a scam investments will increase

Depends on how risky those investments are. If you're in low a risk investment (i.e. low risk shares) then you can afford to differentiate less as it's less likely that they'll fall rapidly in value. Nonetheless, it's still always a good idea to invest in different financial instruments as well as different businesses - having an investment in the housing market will insulate you from a falling share market for example.
Neg

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 09:56:22 AM

But its too risky to diversify your money scattered all of the invesments. If you loss there is no guarantee you will cover it with others invesments and

the payout you got is never higher than one solid invesment that will make your return is slower

Investments are always risky, but it's that risk that you're counting on and you wont get anywhere without taking risks. It's about not putting all your eggs in one basket and certainly not investing more than you can afford to lose. Sometimes people take the risk and go all in and sometimes it pays off massively, but of course at the other end of the spectrum is failure and bankruptcy but only the person can decide what to do but nobody ever gets anywhere in investments without having faith or taking that leap.
BTCevo
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 01:15:46 PM

Investments are always risky, but it's that risk that you're counting on and you wont get anywhere without taking risks. It's about not putting all your eggs in one basket and certainly not investing more than you can afford to lose. Sometimes people take the risk and go all in and sometimes it pays off massively, but of course at the other end of the spectrum is failure and bankruptcy but only the person can decide what to do but nobody ever gets anywhere in investments without having faith or taking that leap.

Every investment have a high risk. The point is how are you manage that investment so you will get your money in a good payment, that is how are you going to do, sort some investments that is really good to invest. No matter you put all in one basket or spread it to others if you can manage it well I think its ok and sure you will get a lot from it.
arallmuus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2015, 07:24:18 PM

Every investment have a high risk.

Not every investments IMO. Safe deposits is also a form of investment and it is low risk especially if the bank is backed out by the government. It seems like you are assuming that every investment is indeed a HYIP by the tone that you judge that every investment are always high risk

Investments are always risky

Risky yes, high risk not always

Depending on how risky it is I would say, if you could find one solid investment, in this case it is better to diversify less rather than diversify more into more bogus investment. Sadly most people are always tempted to put in all of their saving in "investment" and will always try to find more bogus investment that give nonsense interest rate. Nonetheless, human greed, the feeling of wanting more and more.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Dotakels

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 05:22:27 AM

Every investment have a high risk. The point is how are you manage that investment so you will get your money in a good payment, that is how are you going to do, sort some investments that is really good to invest. No matter you put all in one basket or spread it to others if you can manage it well I think its ok and sure you will get a lot from it.
I said that you can cover your lost in other investment by investing in another investment. And i think you are thinking that both of your investment will loss or failed? i think it won't happened because you will choose the right investment and you know that your money or coins will be safe from that invesment. :3
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 712 »
  Print  

Jump to: