Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 05:39:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 712 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it better to save money or invest it?  (Read 1181158 times)
operrajunk74

Activity: 344
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 07:53:26 PM

Whether you save or invest depends on how much money coming in you have. Personally I like to save most of my money and invest a little in bitcoin. I think bitcoin could be a decent investment in the long run so I plan to hold for a couple of years at least but if bitcoin doesn't really go where I want it to or fails then I'll still have my savings.

Very Rightly said. Make small investments and diversify it into different products. I also believe in investing small amount in bitcoin as the future of bitcoin is secure I can afford to take risk by investing it into bitcoins and hold it for couple of years and trade it when the right time comes.

Secure in what way? Secure as a technology perhaps but it could fail as a currency or could run into trouble if the price drops so much that it isn't profitable to mine.

Wherever you invest risk factor goes hand in hand. If you think that bitcoin will face as a currency then if u invest in gold stocks their future is also uncertain. You can't expect that their prices will go up in the future but  at present the better option is to invest in bitcoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
stromma44

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 10:30:57 PM

Whether you save or invest depends on how much money coming in you have. Personally I like to save most of my money and invest a little in bitcoin. I think bitcoin could be a decent investment in the long run so I plan to hold for a couple of years at least but if bitcoin doesn't really go where I want it to or fails then I'll still have my savings.

Very Rightly said. Make small investments and diversify it into different products. I also believe in investing small amount in bitcoin as the future of bitcoin is secure I can afford to take risk by investing it into bitcoins and hold it for couple of years and trade it when the right time comes.

Secure in what way? Secure as a technology perhaps but it could fail as a currency or could run into trouble if the price drops so much that it isn't profitable to mine.

Wherever you invest risk factor goes hand in hand. If you think that bitcoin will face as a currency then if u invest in gold stocks their future is also uncertain. You can't expect that their prices will go up in the future but  at present the better option is to invest in bitcoin.

How would you invest without saving? I mean whose income is average how can he directly go for investment? he need to save first and think of investment in future. Saving is the primary stage for a middle class person and once the savings are done he can choose best possible option.
Dotakels

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 04:35:23 AM

How would you invest without saving? I mean whose income is average how can he directly go for investment? he need to save first and think of investment in future. Saving is the primary stage for a middle class person and once the savings are done he can choose best possible option.
Yeah the people who haven't any saving or a capital can't invest. but in a normal person with have a regular salary should have a saving before they invest , saving can help them to have a capital even if it is not a big capital but still it can invest. Investment have a risk so that you must diversify your capital or your money in different assets. Don't put all of your money in one investment, make a different assets so you can cover your loss in investment with you business.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 07:04:08 AM
Last edit: May 09, 2015, 02:50:42 PM by Amph

well nothing is secure from a investment point of view, this is known, still bitcoin feel more secure than other investments which aren't offering much today besides a stuck market or small swings at best case...

Yeah the people who haven't any saving or a capital can't invest. but in a normal person with have a regular salary should have a saving before they invest , saving can help them to have a capital even if it is not a big capital but still it can invest. Investment have a risk so that you must diversify your capital or your money in different assets. Don't put all of your money in one investment, make a different assets so you can cover your loss in investment with you business.

but don't invest in too many assets, or will end up with the contrary, losing more respect to investing in only good one, also with many assets will be much harder to control and more stressful, and we know that stress isn't a friend for trading/investing ecc...
Dotakels

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 12:30:12 PM

well nothing is secure from a investment point of view, this is known, still bitcoin feel more secure than other investments which aren't offering much today besides a stuck market or small swings at best case...

but don't in vest in too many assets, or will end up with the contrary, losing more respect to investing in only good one, also with many assets will be much harder to control and more stressful, and we know that stress isn't a friend for trading/investing ecc...
I know that have many assets have many responsibilities, but its depend on you how many assets will you handle. Dont have too much assets if you can't handle it wisely.
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1531

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 01:03:17 PM

Sure, but Gold has proven over thousands of years that it holds value. Bitcoin is only seven years from now and it has not proven its durable stability so far.

1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 05:45:43 PM

I am also saving at this point, even when it gives me barely a decent return. Currently 2.20% anually. Better than nothing, and it's a very safe and stable manner of growing your money.

I hold my coins because I believe in Bitcoin. And from time to time when the price is quite low, I buy and hold, and if the time is right I sell them again. Extra profit  Smiley
Dotakels

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 04:01:56 AM

I am also saving at this point, even when it gives me barely a decent return. Currently 2.20% anually. Better than nothing, and it's a very safe and stable manner of growing your money.

I hold my coins because I believe in Bitcoin. And from time to time when the price is quite low, I buy and hold, and if the time is right I sell them again. Extra profit  Smiley

Its better to have a interest even if it is small instead of nothing. Yeah thats right when the price of bitcoin is low thats the time when will you buy and wait for a few days or the time when the price of the bitcoin is high thats the time when you sell it.
BTCevo
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 09:32:52 AM

So that means you are just wait for the right time to sell right? So how about if the right time is more than a week? Do you still wait it then sell? That is a real problem if you just buying and the price keep dropping? What do you suggest for the time like this?
Dotakels

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 01:02:38 PM

So that means you are just wait for the right time to sell right? So how about if the right time is more than a week? Do you still wait it then sell? That is a real problem if you just buying and the price keep dropping? What do you suggest for the time like this?
He means that right time if you really want to earn a profit you should wait that is the really business. Be patient so that you can wait for a day or a week. Don't rush your coins to sell theres a time that it price will high.
Wonka

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 02:16:22 PM

Saving money is investing it - you're investing in your future. You could always save up a lump sum to invest it later too. Get a decent amount and start a business or put it into something. I think if you can save enough money to buy your own home that is a very good investment and is real physical wealth.
Xialla
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

/dev/null

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 02:19:04 PM

ahh it is so simple. invest fiat - store bitcoin - say thank you to me later:)

in reality, holding fiat is also investing..to future of fiat..anyway, because of inflation, I can't recommend it at all..
Dotakels

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 03:27:21 PM

ahh it is so simple. invest fiat - store bitcoin - say thank you to me later:)

in reality, holding fiat is also investing..to future of fiat..anyway, because of inflation, I can't recommend it at all..
If the value of goods is less than inflation i think many people are poor. Inflation rate is the sick of the government they can't do anything to low the inflation rate.
AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 03:39:41 PM

Any normal person is going to need to save for at least a year to have a decent stack to invest with. Investing small time money is simply not worth it. I would say around 1500 USD is a good deposit to start with. But saving 1500 USD for most people is not easy, since only a couple USD can be saved after bills and expenses.
BTCevo
Legendary

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 05:16:31 PM

He means that right time if you really want to earn a profit you should wait that is the really business. Be patient so that you can wait for a day or a week. Don't rush your coins to sell theres a time that it price will high.

But dont you think a week of waiting is kind of boring? I guess you can't do nothing with all of your bitcoin stuck at exchange and I mean how if the price keep on dropping what can you suggest for us to do? Is there any minimum target before you sell it or any suggest?
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 10:24:14 PM

Sometimes I wait months before doing any move. My latest move was buying MAID, now it's gone down, im testing waters, I still think the coin is insanely undervalued, therefore I consider rebuying in a couple of days, i'll keep waiting and waiting, until I achieve my goal, and i'll sell a % that covers my initial investment, and hold until im happy with it.
Dotakels

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 06:25:30 AM

But dont you think a week of waiting is kind of boring? I guess you can't do nothing with all of your bitcoin stuck at exchange and I mean how if the price keep on dropping what can you suggest for us to do? Is there any minimum target before you sell it or any suggest?
I think make yourself busy, like posting in this thread or other thread, you can also make a post or reply so that you can make a many post for your signature campaign. Or just have a recreational activity.
BTCevo
Legendary

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 05:04:59 PM

I think make yourself busy, like posting in this thread or other thread, you can also make a post or reply so that you can make a many post for your signature campaign. Or just have a recreational activity.

Just like that? I guess this signature campaign is just for a sidejob here, the main job is actually do a trading and get profit from it as much as you can but waiting for the sell of our bitcoin is not a good ide if it take for some a week. So in one week you just can get only about 90% from signature campaingn and 10% is from trading? So whats the point of doing trading then if just get about 10%?
Dotakels

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 03:52:40 AM

Just like that? I guess this signature campaign is just for a sidejob here, the main job is actually do a trading and get profit from it as much as you can but waiting for the sell of our bitcoin is not a good ide if it take for some a week. So in one week you just can get only about 90% from signature campaingn and 10% is from trading? So whats the point of doing trading then if just get about 10%?
I dont think so. But i think that is way to make yourself busy. If you only get 10% in trading why you should do that or wait a week if you only get 10%. Just keep be patient and make yourself busy.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2015, 12:46:47 PM

You can always spend time learning and investigating investment opportunities in the interim. Just think about how many options you have already lost due to ignorance (by not knowing just a few things which you might have known). And then think how many ones you still have to lose in the future...

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 712 »
  Print  

Jump to: