Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 02:38:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 712 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it better to save money or invest it?  (Read 1181155 times)
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 05:01:57 PM

Its better to invest money than just save it.... but smart investing.
Gold is always good option.

Gold is not always a good option though. Basically if you are looking to invest your money into a form of "goods" than real estate is a better option than gold. Obviously it is because real estate business have always been increasing since the past time and had neber shown a sign of decreasing ( more human , lower hectar of land, higher real estate prices ). Plus that "land" is much more easier to keep than gold though
Because its better to handle land than a gold and gold can be stolen and land is not.
And as time as passed by, the real estate increasing its value.

How are you going to handle land? gold is much more easier to handle because we just need to find a safer then we can safe it right away without

anyone notice it. There are many banks that provide this kind of safer. Value oth of them are increasing but imo real estate is more fluctuative than gold

Land is safe as long as the government recognizes said land as yours, which means if anyone tries to stole it, they'll send the police to kick them out. The day this changes tho, the only way to protect your land will be by being on top of it with a shotgun.

even land could suffer a devaluation, in the case for example of a very bad weather, that could ruin it, or aquifer taht could lead to several pits

but at least they are more safe from thief's operations, it's not that easy to steal a land, like a bitcoin wallet or ounce of gold

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Dotakels

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 05:40:28 PM

Gold is not always a good option though. Basically if you are looking to invest your money into a form of "goods" than real estate is a better option than gold. Obviously it is because real estate business have always been increasing since the past time and had neber shown a sign of decreasing ( more human , lower hectar of land, higher real estate prices ). Plus that "land" is much more easier to keep than gold though
Because its better to handle land than a gold and gold can be stolen and land is not.

How are you going to handle land? gold is much more easier to handle because we just need to find a safer then we can safe it right away without

anyone notice it. There are many banks that provide this kind of safer. Value oth of them are increasing but imo real estate is more fluctuative than gold
Not literally hold the lands, of course its land title. because after few years the valued if land will increase and they will scramble with this land .
Erza
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 04:27:14 AM

Land is safe as long as the government recognizes said land as yours, which means if anyone tries to stole it, they'll send the police to kick them out. The day this changes tho, the only way to protect your land will be by being on top of it with a shotgun.

Nope I can't agree you on that thing. You need to do so many things before government know that lands is yours. In my country there are several

things that must be done before that land become yours. After you bought that land doesnt mean it belongs to you may be you must need to pay

every kind of payment so that land become yours entirely
Dotakels

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 08:00:55 AM

Nope I can't agree you on that thing. You need to do so many things before government know that lands is yours. In my country there are several

things that must be done before that land become yours. After you bought that land doesnt mean it belongs to you may be you must need to pay

But after you finish the things that you must do so that government will recognize the land as yours. And no one can now stole your land.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2015, 11:10:49 AM
Last edit: May 31, 2015, 11:28:51 AM by deisik

You don't need place to keep land. Though land is a by far more risky asset than gold. Internet and Hollywood are full of harrowing stories and movies about people investing in land and then going bust when their expectations didn't come true...

Not quite risky IMO. Actually any type of "investment" is risky. Best thing to do would be to choose one that has less risk than the other. Basically land will preserve less risk than gold though

I've never heard of anyone going bust with gold. Primarily because you can always sell it quickly, even with a discount or at a loss (and since gold is a money in itself). The same is not true with land, you may not be able to sell it at all. Don't take it too personal, but from what I've read in your posts, I can only conclude that in most cases your knowledge about the matter is superficial at best, that of a layman. I, for one, am neither engaged in such investments (I mean land), nor have deep understanding of it, but I do know that land (or real estate, for that matter) is a hell as an investment option...

deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2015, 11:12:31 AM
Last edit: May 31, 2015, 11:26:22 AM by deisik

The same that I said in my previous post. People talk about things they don't know a thing about (pun deserved)

acharias

Activity: 209
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 11:14:00 AM

Is it better to save money in bank or invest it online, in real estate or maybe gold?

You can save on deposito with 2-5%/year
BTCevo
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 11:31:51 AM

But after you finish the things that you must do so that government will recognize the land as yours. And no one can now stole your land.

Altough you finish all your things up still government can always take it all directly because they have a power to do it. When you deal with government I dont think you can win in their fight. They will use all of their power to get what they want from you altough it doesnt belong to them so its too risky to have land as your investment
Dotakels

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 02:14:35 PM

Altough you finish all your things up still government can always take it all directly because they have a power to do it. When you deal with government I dont think you can win in their fight. They will use all of their power to get what they want from you altough it doesnt belong to them so its too risky to have land as your investment
They can't do that even if we think that government officials are bad still theres a official that have a good intention and he/she can help you if the government do that to you.
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2015, 02:44:37 PM

They can't do that even if we think that government officials are bad still theres a official that have a good intention and he/she can help you if the government do that to you.

A story of someone who bought a piece of land and refused to give it up (actually sell for almost 6x higher than the original price)...

BTCevo
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 02:50:25 PM

Yes they can because they have enough power to erase your land with your own title to it. They can make you to surrender your own land just because you lose in power. That is how government people with do in their own way

A story of someone who bought a piece of land and refused to give it up (actually sell for almost 6x higher than the original price)...

I think some of them will sell it like 6 times or may be higher but that is only one of a kind. There are not many people that wanna sell their own land if they have not been forced so this kind of people is rare
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2015, 02:58:15 PM

I think some of them will sell it like 6 times or may be higher but that is only one of a kind. There are not many people that wanna sell their own land if they have not been forced so this kind of people is rare

Such people don't buy land for the sake of investment in the first place, so they are essentially out of the question as well as those who inherit it (the latter being the only ones who can rightfully call it "their own", I guess)...

And you are factually wrong. That guy was the only one who refused to sell, his neighbors all sold their land, given the price offered (that turned out to be a wise decision)

arallmuus
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1403

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2015, 03:05:24 PM

You don't need place to keep land. Though land is a by far more risky asset than gold. Internet and Hollywood are full of harrowing stories and movies about people investing in land and then going bust when their expectations didn't come true...

Not quite risky IMO. Actually any type of "investment" is risky. Best thing to do would be to choose one that has less risk than the other. Basically land will preserve less risk than gold though

I've never heard of anyone going bust with gold. Primarily because you can always sell it quickly, even with a discount or at a loss (and since gold is a money in itself). The same is not true with land, you may not be able to sell it at all. Don't take it too personal, but from what I've read in your posts, I can only conclude that in most cases your knowledge about the matter is superficial at best, that of a layman. I, for one, am neither engaged in such investments (I mean land), nor have deep understanding of it, but I do know that land (or real estate, for that matter) is a hell as an investment option...

Indeed you can sell your gold almost instantly but do note that I based this on my experience. I lived in one of the highest population country in the world, where "land" is a better asset than gold. You may live in a country where it is hard to sell a "land" but in my country, if you put up your land for sale, you can expect a phonecall less than 24 hours, much quicker if it is located in an urban area though. That is why I go bust with gold  Wink

As per I stated, Gold is not always a good option. That doesnt mean that real estate/land is the better option than gold though

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2015, 03:18:29 PM

Indeed you can sell your gold almost instantly but do note that I based this on my experience. I lived in one of the highest population country in the world, where "land" is a better asset than gold. You may live in a country where it is hard to sell a "land" but in my country, if you put up your land for sale, you can expect a phonecall less than 24 hours, much quicker if it is located in an urban area though. That is why I go bust with gold  Wink

As per I stated, Gold is not always a good option. That doesnt mean that real estate/land is the better option than gold though

I thought we were talking about the riskiness of an investment option. If you happen to live in Japan, should I remind you about Fukushima? In fact, I can only recall two events in the history of mankind that made gold significantly lose in value. The first was the Black Death pandemics that devastated Europe in the 14th century, while the second was the inflow of Inca gold in the 16th...

And yes, the recent decline in the price of gold from about 1,900$ an ounce to 1,200$ is actually a minor correction, given its previous rise from around 200$ per ounce

arallmuus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2015, 03:30:29 PM

Indeed you can sell your gold almost instantly but do note that I based this on my experience. I lived in one of the highest population country in the world, where "land" is a better asset than gold. You may live in a country where it is hard to sell a "land" but in my country, if you put up your land for sale, you can expect a phonecall less than 24 hours, much quicker if it is located in an urban area though. That is why I go bust with gold  Wink

I thought we were talking about the riskiness of an investment option. If you happen to live in Japan, should I remind you about Fukushima? In fact, I can only recall two events in the history of mankind that made gold significantly lose in value. The first was the Black Death pandemics that devastated Europe in the 14th century, while the second was the inflow of Inca gold in the 16th...

And yes, the recent decline in the price of gold from about 1,900$ an ounce to 1,200$ is actually a minor correction, given its previous rise from around 200$ per ounce

Guess again, Japan is not one of the country with the highest population in the world. Indeed we are talking about riskiness here, I just happen to counter your argument (bolded part) and I do based it from my own experience that real estate could be a better investment than gold in some part.
Investment is not everything about gaining "more" I suspect , there are of course several things to consider as well, basically my consideration will be based on it is easier to keep land/real estate than keeping your gold safe (My country is one of the country with a high criminal records as well)

Either way investing in gold or real estate will be up to one's choice, every investment got its own risk. Im basically still on my first choice that safe deposits could be the safest as it is part of either both saving and investing

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2015, 03:36:21 PM

Guess again, Japan is not one of the country with the highest population in the world. Indeed we are talking about riskiness here, I just happen to counter your argument (bolded part) and I do based it from my own experience that real estate could be a better investment than gold in some part.

It doesn't matter, Japan is still a good example how land can become worthless in less than a jiffy, and which actually happens throughout the world now and then (even for less dramatic reasons). Still insist that land investments are less risky than gold?

arallmuus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2015, 03:46:58 PM

It doesn't matter, Japan is still a good example how land can become worthless in less than a jiffy, and which actually happens throughout the world now and then (even for less dramatic reasons). Still insist that land investments are less risky than gold?

Im not farmiliar with the other fukushima incident apart from the nuclear incident but if you are pointing it to that than of course it is a risk that you have to endure for putting in investment. Where you resident at is indeed matter, I stated my point on why do I think that land could be a better option than gold

P.S : I dont insist that land is less risky than gold, Im insisting that land could be a better option. That has different meaning

Honestly you left out this, if you ask me to choose wether gold or land , my answer is here

Either way investing in gold or real estate will be up to one's choice, every investment got its own risk. Im basically still on my first choice that safe deposits could be the safest as it is part of either both saving and investing

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2015, 04:00:25 PM

Im not farmiliar with the other fukushima incident apart from the nuclear incident but if you are pointing it to that than of course it is a risk that you have to endure for putting in investment. Where you resident at is indeed matter, I stated my point on why do I think that land could be a better option than gold

P.S : I dont insist that land is less risky than gold, Im insisting that land could be a better option. That has different meaning

I guess when you were talking about investment risks you actually meant profitability, since by no means investments in land can be less risky than investments in gold. If so, you still need a lot of expertise and experience in the field which is incomparable with buying some gold from a reliable source and forgetting about it...

As I said before, investments in land and real estate are a hell

deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2015, 04:08:37 PM

Honestly you left out this, if you ask me to choose wether gold or land , my answer is here

I didn't leave out this. I answered to your point here, but you seem to have missed my post

expert4knowledge

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 04:43:51 PM

I think it depends on the country you leave, in some countries banks pay good interest for your money so there is no risk and sure it is better than saving it

██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
                ▄███
              ▄███▌ █
             ▀▀▀██▄  █
           ▄███▄▄ ▀▀▀█
          █ █████▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄██ ███▄    █
        ▐███▀   ▀█   █
        ████     █   █
       ▄██▀▄█▄▄▄█▀   █
       ▀▄▄███▌      █
   ▄▄▄▀▀▀████       █
 ▄▀    ██ ██       █
▐▌     ██▌▐▌      ▀▄
█      ██ █         ▀▄
█      █▀▄▌          █
█   ▄▀█▄██           █
█ ▄▀      ▀▀▄▄▀▄     █
▀▀             █    █
               █  ▄▀
               ▀▄█
     ▀█████████████▄▄
  ▀ ▀▀▀███████████████▌
   ▀ ▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀██████         ▄███████▄      ▄▄███████▄    ▄███▄    ▄███▄ ▄███▄      ▄███▄
▀ ▀▀▀▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▌       ▄████▀▀▀████▄   ▐████▀▀█████   ▀████▄  ▄████▀ █████▄    ▄█████
    ▀▀███████████████▀       █████     ████▌          ████▌    ▀████████▀    █████▄  ▄█████▌
   ▀ ▀████████████████▀ ▀    ██████████████▌   ▄▄██████████     ▄██████▄      █████▄▄█████▌
     ██████      ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀ █████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    █████▀▀▀█████    ▄████████▄      ██████████▌
     ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▄ ▄    ████▄▄   ▄▄█▄   ████▄  ▄█████  ▄█████▀▀█████▄     ████████▌
     █████████████████▀        ▀███████████   ▀████████████  ████▀    ▀████      ██████▌
     ██████████████▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀    ▀▀        ▀▀        █████
                                                                                ▄█████
                                                                            ▄███████▀
                                                                            ▀████▀▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
|█████████████████
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
  WHITEPAPER 
  LIGHTPAPER...
|Instant Deposit
✓ 24/7 Support
Referral Program
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 712 »
  Print  

Jump to: