Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 02:29:36 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 ... 799 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Flat Earth  (Read 1095078 times)
CoinCube
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1055

View Profile
September 09, 2016, 09:06:02 PM

<-- This is your proof the Earth is a ball? Have a nice day!

If you believe in flat earth you must already believe all photographic evidence is forged. You also have to reject most of science. Its all part of the global conspiracy right? We could go talk to that skydiver and ask him what he saw but if he says he saw a curvature he must be in on the scam right? Him and everyone else who has ever flown or ballooned to high altitudes.

Do you really think the entire world is acting in concert in a massive and global conspiracy just to fool you? People really have better things to do with their time.

I posted the photo simply to show you that it is possible to see for yourself with your own eyes that the world is not flat. Its would not be cheep but it is within the realm of the possible.

Unfortunately, however if you actually did fly to high altitudes it would shatter your worldview as you would see for yourself that the earth is very much not flat. Then you would have to choose between lying or denunciation by all your flat earth friends who would call you a traitor and sell out. Knowledge is not always cost free.

Right^^^. They don't have enough science behind their claims to make flat earth into a theory, let alone to prove that it is true.

What they have is a religion. It isn't a philosophy, because they don't philosophize about it. They simply have a bunch of beliefs that don't have a basis in fact or reality.

I am usually pretty hesitant to call something a religion but in this case I have to agree with you BADecker

montaga

Activity: 616
Merit: 264

Freedom, Natural Law

View Profile
September 09, 2016, 09:38:05 PM

...[clip]...
https://i.imgur.com/PvkobSF.jpg
The photographer is using a fish-eye lens in that photo (do I really need to point that out for you ?!)
100 points to the Candidate.

Nice try, except it's not a fish-eye lens being used in that particular Redbull photo. You can tell by the lack of curvature and warping with the perspective in the photo.
Its a well known fact and reported many times over that go-pro supplied the 5 cameras used.

Maybe its time to get the basics covered, a good starting point is my sig.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
September 09, 2016, 09:45:09 PM

With the Billions Quadzillions spen how come we dont have a photo showing the Globe earth.

But we do have plenty of photographic and video proof that the earth is a spheroid. Not to mention the gobs and gobs of maths dealing with celestial mechanics.

We have not a single photo showing a flat Earth in profile. Not a single photo of the fabled Ice Wall/Ring. No detailed information about the alleged dome covering a flat Earth. No explanation for how gravity can be uniform in a flat earth scenario (other than a flat disc rising upwards for eternity - sheer lunacy)

How do you reconcile this ?

My guess is that NASA only has 3-D CGI capabilities otherwise they would release 2-D depictions of our Flat Earth.

On a side note, rumor has it that a caveman invented a flat square but was killed by the Cro-Illuminati tribe so to advance their spinning wheel doctrine.
BitNow
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2016, 09:49:45 PM

With the Billions Quadzillions spen how come we dont have a photo showing the Globe earth.

But we do have plenty of photographic and video proof that the earth is a spheroid. Not to mention the gobs and gobs of maths dealing with celestial mechanics.

We have not a single photo showing a flat Earth in profile. Not a single photo of the fabled Ice Wall/Ring. No detailed information about the alleged dome covering a flat Earth. No explanation for how gravity can be uniform in a flat earth scenario (other than a flat disc rising upwards for eternity - sheer lunacy)

How do you reconcile this ?

Earth is Flat: full stop!

If you believe in Flat Earth you may be good in math but not with women.

Best regards.

▐█████▄
            ▐█████████        ▄▄▄
            ▐████  ▐█████   ▀▀▀  █▌
            ▐███  ▐███████      ▐█▌
            ▐██▌   ▀█████▀     ▐█▀
       ▂▄▄▐██▌     ▀▀▀      ▐█▌
    ▐██████████████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄█▌
  ▐███       ▐███▀▀█████▄▄▄ ▐██
   ▐█▌        ▐███    ▀▀▀███████▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀        ▐███        ▐██▀█████▄▄
                ▐███      ▐██▌    ▀▀███▄▄
                 ▐███    ▐██▌  ▄▄▄▄▄  ███▄
         ▄████▄   ▐██▌  ▐███  ▐███████████
       ▐████████▌  ▐██▌▐██▌   ▐████████▀▀
        ▀██████▀    ▐████▀     ▀████▀
         ▐███▀     ▄█▐███
        ▐███▀   ▄████▌▀███
        ▐██████████▀    ▐█▌    █
         ▀████▀▀         ▐█▌  ██
                           ▀▀▀▀

▶  TELEGRAM
▶  BITCOINTALK
montaga

Freedom, Natural Law

View Profile
September 09, 2016, 09:53:42 PM

....snip

My guess is that NASA only has 3-D CGI capabilities ---.

??
What all the way back to the beginning

Earth is not a wobbling, spinning out of control ball, full stop.
SmirnoffVany

Activity: 243
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 09, 2016, 09:54:09 PM

Various botanists, hurry to challenge the fact that our planet has a pizza shape, immediately think of the force of gravity, which will not work on a flat planet. Who does not know, explained: gravity - is NASA's another myth, according to which all objects emit some kind of invisible force that attract other objects; and the larger the object, the more powerful his strength.
BTcOptionTrade

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 12:15:04 AM

earth never flat
Whtwabbit

Activity: 490
Merit: 266

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 12:34:14 AM

...[clip]...
https://i.imgur.com/PvkobSF.jpg
The photographer is using a fish-eye lens in that photo (do I really need to point that out for you ?!)
100 points to the Candidate.

Nice try, except it's not a fish-eye lens being used in that particular Redbull photo. You can tell by the lack of curvature and warping with the perspective in the photo.

"Not a fisheye" then why is the background 100% land, where is the ocean?, work it out lol read my sig

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
nomad13666
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 12:35:05 AM

nomad13666
Legendary

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 12:37:57 AM

"Fisheye Felix" = Fake as Fuck
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Fisheye+Felix
notbatman (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 12:58:24 AM

...[clip]...
https://i.imgur.com/gg1qFOE.jpg <-- This is your proof the Earth is a ball? Have a nice day!

I noticed you avoided answering my question.

Can we at least agree that the n-body problem is hard science, if we are going to find any common ground to debate this ? Lets try to work backwards from there...

Look, gravity is a farse; dense objects fall and light objects rise, it's that simple. This implies the "n-body problem" is the problem of how many færies can fit on the head of a pin.

Now that I've addressed you're question you can address mine:

A gyroscope with the following flywheel says Earth does not rotate,

Code:
      Weight of brass disk alone (with shaft) :	112g 
      Brass disk diameter: 53mm
      Brass disk thickness: 12mm

Q: How big or small does a gyroscope need to be i.e. flywheel diameter and material, to detect the Earth's 24 hour rotation as true or false beyond a reasonable margin of error?

Whtwabbit

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 02:21:54 AM

"Not a fisheye" then why is the background 100% land, where is the ocean?, work it out lol read my sig

Because the photo was taken over land. No ocean visible from that perspective.

Can we at least agree that the n-body problem is hard science, if we are going to find any common ground to debate this ? Lets try to work backwards from there...
Look, gravity is a farse; dense objects fall and light objects rise, it's that simple. This implies the "n-body problem" is the problem of how many færies can fit on the head of a pin.

This is a ridiculous and nonsensical answer.

Code:
  Q: How big or small does a gyroscope need to be i.e. flywheel diameter and material, to detect the Earth's 24 hour rotation as true or false beyond a reasonable margin of error

That's an absolutely minuscule gyroscope.

I would recommend the following for more reading, if you don't want to build a laser array.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foucault_pendulum

Beyond that, it would be impractical to build a disk-based gyro to measure the Earth's spin. It would need to be several kilometers in diameter.

To see that much curvature you would have to be 1/4 of the way to the moon, no ocean due to perspective?, yeah right

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
nomad13666
Legendary

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 02:48:25 AM

Kiss
notbatman (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 03:55:10 AM

Because the photo was taken over land. No ocean visible from that perspective.

This is a ridiculous and nonsensical answer.

Code:
  Q: How big or small does a gyroscope need to be i.e. flywheel diameter and material, to detect the Earth's 24 hour rotation as true or false beyond a reasonable margin of error

That's an absolutely minuscule gyroscope.

I would recommend the following for more reading, if you don't want to build a laser array.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foucault_pendulum

Beyond that, it would be impractical to build a disk-based gyro to measure the Earth's spin. It would need to be several kilometers in diameter.

So to answer my question you point to the Foucault pendulum, what a joke of a device. I specifically stated "Earth's 24 hour rotation", they (wiki) claim the Coriolis effect is the cause. The Coriolis force is a 23 hour 56 minuet cycle (a sidereal day); it's a fictitious force based on the motion of the stars above the Earth.

You've done nothing to prove my 112g flywheel can't be influenced by Earth's 24 hour rotation, your claim that it can't is insane! This gyroscope is proof the Earth is not moving unless you can show otherwise. So not only do you have to show my 112g flywheel can't be influenced by earth's rotation, you have to debunk the Airy's Failure experiment that empirically proves the Earth is stationary and the stars are in motion.

The Earth is a flat motionless plane, full stop.
nomad13666
Legendary

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 04:32:19 AM

Whtwabbit

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 04:46:36 AM

To see that much curvature you would have to be 1/4 of the way to the moon, no ocean due to perspective?, yeah right

I'm sorry that facts don't agree with you Sad

Are you placing the Moon at the FE distance, or the generally accepted distance of ~238,900 mi ?

I'm sorry I didn't see you mention any facts. I was referring to the 237,000 mile figure

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
montaga

Freedom, Natural Law

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 05:26:54 AM

I was referring to the 237,000 mile figure

Do you agree the moon is ~237,000 mi away from the Earth ?
No, it's nonsense.  It is about ~3000 mi away.

BTW have you get any idea how much power it takes to transmit data. I give you a little hint. It rises with the distance squared. A couple of flimsy solar panels from pluto or heck knows from where, yeh sure.
SmirnoffVany

Activity: 243
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 05:41:23 AM

Instead of believing in this nonsense, knowledgeable people know that the Earth goes up with constant acceleration of 9.81 m / s - that's why any abandoned objects fall down to the same acceleration. And do not worry about what will happen when the planet reaches its maximum speed - most likely, it will never happen. Checkmate your theory of relativity, Albert!
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 1373

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 05:41:53 AM

I was referring to the 237,000 mile figure

Do you agree the moon is ~237,000 mi away from the Earth ?
No, it's nonsense.  It is about ~3000 mi away.

BTW have you get any idea how much power it takes to transmit data. I give you a little hint. It rises with the distance squared. A couple of flimsy solar panels from pluto or heck knows from where, yeh sure.

Tight-beam, maser (radar) radio transmits a lot further.    Cool

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 1373

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 05:43:49 AM

Instead of believing in this nonsense, knowledgeable people know that the Earth goes up with constant acceleration of 9.81 m / s - that's why any abandoned objects fall down to the same acceleration. And do not worry about what will happen when the planet reaches its maximum speed - most likely, it will never happen. Checkmate your theory of relativity, Albert!

This sounds like expanding universe theory. Didn't Albert believe in expanding universe, too? Or did he simply misunderstand it?

Cool

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
Pages: « 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 ... 799 »
  Print  

Jump to: