Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 02:32:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 799 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Flat Earth  (Read 1095077 times)
USB-S

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

In XEM we trust

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 05:23:13 PM

Recently I saw one video on this topic. since then I've seen at least 20 more like that. This shit would create mass hysteria if it is true. The points that are made by the flat earth movement are actually more viable than those made by scientists. I'd love to see the astrologists face when they find out that they have been looking at the ceiling the hole time.

what is the possibility that this topic will lead to world war 3?

````````````````████████
_`````````██████████████████████
_`````█████████████████████████████
_```█████████████████████████████████
_``████████████████████████████████████
_█████████```````████████```````████████
_███████````████````██`````███````███████
_██████````████████`````████████``███████
_██████````██████````██``██████```███████
_███████```````````████``````````████████
_██████████████████████████████████████
_``████████████████████████████████████
_```_████████████████████████████████
_``````████████████████████████████
_`````````3█████████████████████
play.infinity
        Eжeднeвный ДЖEКПOT
TELEGRAM CHAT   SITE   TELEGRAM
                   Get free eth
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 06:36:49 PM

Recently I saw one video on this topic. since then I've seen at least 20 more like that. This shit would create mass hysteria if it is true. The points that are made by the flat earth movement are actually more viable than those made by scientists. I'd love to see the astrologists face when they find out that they have been looking at the ceiling the hole time.

There is zero chance of this leading to some huge conflict.  Flat Earthers can't even agree on every aspect of their own model; they basically just agree the earth is flat, and everything else is kind of just up in the air and doesn't really matter.  Prove any aspect of their beliefs wrong beyond all doubt, and flat earthers will simply ignore it and spout some other flat earth nonsense ad infinitum. The various flat earth models that do exist contradict both themselves and each other in countless ways, and every single thing that can't be explained or reconciled by a flat earth model is reconciled and understood by science in a consistent model of a spherical earth.  Flat earthers never seem to be able to distinguish between proof and imagination (e.g. Flat earthers think that simply making an illustration of how the sun and moon might work wth a flat earth is proof itself, etc.) nor do they understand that their conclusions don't flow from their premises (e.g. you can't freely travel Antarctica as you please, so the earth must be flat, etc.).

Flat earthers live in a bubble where proof doesn't matter, logic doesn't apply, and where their beliefs are reinforced only by other bubble-dwellers, a group consisting of Internet bloggers and religious fanatics with little-to-no understanding of science, mathematics, or logical inference.  Nobody takes them seriously except themselves, and they constitute only a small minority of people.

The end game for flat earthers is already here: terminal ignorance.
notbatman (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 12:40:23 AM

There is zero chance of this leading to some huge conflict.  Flat Earthers can't even agree on every aspect of their own model; they basically just agree the earth is flat, and everything else is kind of just up in the air and doesn't really matter.  Prove any aspect of their beliefs wrong beyond all doubt, and flat earthers will simply ignore it and spout some other flat earth nonsense ad infinitum. The various flat earth models that do exist contradict both themselves and each other in countless ways, and every single thing that can't be explained or reconciled by a flat earth model is reconciled and understood by science in a consistent model of a spherical earth.  Flat earthers never seem to be able to distinguish between proof and imagination (e.g. Flat earthers think that simply making an illustration of how the sun and moon might work wth a flat earth is proof itself, etc.) nor do they understand that their conclusions don't flow from their premises (e.g. you can't freely travel Antarctica as you please, so the earth must be flat, etc.).

Flat earthers live in a bubble where proof doesn't matter, logic doesn't apply, and where their beliefs are reinforced only by other bubble-dwellers, a group consisting of Internet bloggers and religious fanatics with little-to-no understanding of science, mathematics, or logical inference.  Nobody takes them seriously except themselves, and they constitute only a small minority of people.

You speak in Darwinistic like terms, you don't think those that know we live under an artificially constructed dome have a technological advantage?
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 1373

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 01:52:33 AM

You speak in Darwinistic like terms, you don't think those that know we live under an artificially constructed dome have a technological advantage?

Those who live under an artificially constructed dome, are those who think that their insane asylum is something other than a building, even if they don't live in an asylum. And that's part of the reason why they are there.

Smiley

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
the joint
Legendary

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 02:09:23 AM

I have no idea how this is even a relevant response to my post.

Loose associations are a symptom of delusional thinking.  That being said, why the heck are you referencing Darwin, or domes and technological advantages? 

http://www.medilexicon.com/medicaldictionary.php?t=8022
Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4396
Merit: 3062

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 03:46:20 AM

I'd love to see the astrologists face when they find out that they have been looking at the ceiling the hole time
Astrologists have been looking at the ceiling this whole time. You're either illiterate enough to say "astrologist" when you mean "astronomer", or stupid enough to think they're the same thing.

Zero. To start World War III, people will need to shoot long-range missiles at each other, which will miss their target if the trajectory was calculated while falsely assuming a round Earth. Fortunately (or unfortunately if you're at the receiving end of said missiles), the calculations assuming a round Earth are in fact correct.

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 1373

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 03:56:48 PM

None.
The whole thing is much bigger than "just" the flat earth fact.
The next battle you have no say. You are degraded to cockroach style status and if its deceit-ed to terminate you so be it. The best you can do is not to pick up a weapon otherwise you end up in front line.

Not only is the earth round and not flat, but you are going to say it. Repeat after me:
The earth is round; the earth is not flat.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Grin Grin Grin

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
notbatman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 10:22:32 PM

None.
The whole thing is much bigger than "just" the flat earth fact.
The next battle you have no say. You are degraded to cockroach style status and if its deceit-ed to terminate you so be it. The best you can do is not to pick up a weapon otherwise you end up in front line.

Not only is the earth round and not flat, but you are going to say it. Repeat after me:

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Grin Grin Grin

I'm sorry dude but you were warred this was a "rabbit hole" when you downloaded the bitcoin wallet.

paradoxum

Activity: 138
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 10:46:31 PM

I thought it was cylindrical
1btcdream

Activity: 393
Merit: 297

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 12:43:17 AM

I think the earth has no definite shape base on the comments here.  Grin
RealMalatesta
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1124

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 01:03:06 AM

I think the earth has no definite shape base on the comments here.  Grin

Naugh, this is what astronauts see:

Now the earth is flipping all 42 seconds, therefore ships which fall down automatically land on the other side of the flat earth.
notbatman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 11:36:48 AM

I'm reading this article on what looks like Tesla power generation technology and I can see the media department has a Flat Earth logo.

http://www.njdqgytg.com/en/news_detail.aspx?Id=30&categoryid=2
notbatman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 03:01:41 PM

notbatman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 05:31:42 PM

I believe they're hiding land on our Flat Earth, a lot of land. The good book says the Earth has four (4) corners, yet the current map projected on a flat surface has only three (3) corners.

The Holy Cow:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mu_%28lost_continent%29
the joint
Legendary

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 07:04:26 PM

Well, so much for the "simplest explanation that matches our observations" approach.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2015, 08:14:06 AM

I still can't believe someone would even think about this. Don't you have something better to do in your life? Probably not. The point still stands; you can build a cheap mini rocket and fly it upwards with a camera.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 08:41:04 AM

I still can't believe someone would even think about this. Don't you have something better to do in your life? Probably not. The point still stands; you can build a cheap mini rocket and fly it upwards with a camera.

yup..

and because of the tidal bulge it's actually technically more of a football shape.
partially because of the sun's gravity but mostly because of the Moon's gravitational pull.
the side the moon is facing gets drawn up and pulled on and then the opposite side of the earth gets the same.
..a football shape.

FUD first & ask questions later™
Samdo

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 09:11:02 AM

You mean earth ? I think its a line , LOL

----- single line Tongue

notbatman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 12:14:31 PM

Well, so much for the "simplest explanation that matches our observations" approach.

I can assure you I have a firm grasp on the horizontal and vertical knobs.  Grin

http://smileinyourface.com/the-guy-who-puts-dots-over-peoples-faces/

JeWay

Activity: 952
Merit: 503

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 12:25:47 PM

Earth is oval, it's not flat nor perfect sphere.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 799 »
  Print  

Jump to: