Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 09:23:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 799 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Flat Earth  (Read 1095077 times)
notbatman (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 12:38:06 PM

Free Kool-Aid!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXpS7544_RA
notbatman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 03:28:05 PM

Looks like I'm finding all the religions under the same roof:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g84g2KJcUV0

Muslim scientist says world is flat and the sun revolves around the earth because Quran says so.
catch.me.if.you.can

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 03:38:12 PM

Look at the sea. If the earth was flat you would see only mountains far away.
notbatman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 04:56:21 PM

The distance you can see negating atmospheric conditions is limited by the horizon. Things get smaller father away to a point i.e. the vanishing point. The horizon line is a physical photon blocking barrier or limitation of the eye/camera in combination with it elevation when it captures multiple points in a frame. The fact the horizon rises to eye level and is perfectly flat is proof the Earth is flat.
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 09:23:59 PM

The distance you can see negating atmospheric conditions is limited by the horizon. Things get smaller father away to a point i.e. the vanishing point. The horizon line is a physical photon blocking barrier or limitation of the eye/camera in combination with it elevation when it captures multiple points in a frame. The fact the horizon rises to eye level and is perfectly flat is proof the Earth is flat.

Considerations for you to ponder:

1)  You use the term vanishing "point" which you would undoubtedly use to explain phenomena like the disappearance of ships of the horizon, etc.  When a ship disappears over the horizon, nothing about the ship converges to a "point."  The ship disappears from the bottom up, but not in any way from the sides to the middle.  So much for a vanishing "point."  This isn't the same thing as parallel train tracks appearing to converge at a point in the distance.

2)  Again, no, the horizon is never at eye-level if you are at any altitude above zero.  This can and has been calculated, measured, and observed.  You just heard what some random Internet strangers had to say, thought it sounded okay, and started to believe it.  Any commercial flight goes high enough to notice the small difference between eye-level and the horizon (about 3 degrees).  Check it out sometime.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 10:28:41 PM

Aside from illusions like when the Titanic went down many people thought a ship was coming
that was traveling ahead of them.. supposedly they radioed them i think and got NO response.
Then i think i heard people had seen the ship's lights grasping onto hope it was going to turn around.
Problem was the illusion..
The curvature of the earth reflected the light over the horizon.
What they seen was a mirage..
The boat was actually over the curve of the earth it was so far away.

I bet it was rough for the people who understood that.. waiting to take turns slipping under the waves.

Just like the SUN itself..
The sunrise is an illusion and it's not actually there at first.

Anyone that seriously thinks the earth is flat is simply retarded.. or Trolling.
We have so much proof of our planet from a distance it's silly to dispute it.

FUD first & ask questions later™

Activity: 288
Merit: 102

Yin Yang religion of wisdom, harmony

View Profile
November 28, 2015, 12:04:13 AM

Aside from illusions like when the Titanic went down many people thought a ship was coming
that was traveling ahead of them.. supposedly they radioed them i think and got NO response.
Then i think i heard people had seen the ship's lights grasping onto hope it was going to turn around.
Problem was the illusion..
The curvature of the earth reflected the light over the horizon.
What they seen was a mirage..
The boat was actually over the curve of the earth it was so far away.

I bet it was rough for the people who understood that.. waiting to take turns slipping under the waves.

Just like the SUN itself..
The sunrise is an illusion and it's not actually there at first.

Anyone that seriously thinks the earth is flat is simply retarded.. or Trolling.
We have so much proof of our planet from a distance it's silly to dispute it.

First of the Titanic never went down, the Olymic did.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOca_wTZ5BQ

There is tons of proof for a flat, stationary earth, none for the spinning wobbling, round oval pear shaped fantasy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5i_iDyUTCg 

Thank you for not sending browny points, much appreciated.

4D Torus Earth https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5042249.msg46425670#msg46425670
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
November 28, 2015, 01:54:54 AM

"Dude, why are you taking pilot lessons? Simply take over the plane and stop it, then one of the towers will slam into it because the Earth is a globe spinning at 1,000 MPH. Just make sure you're on the west side of the tower is all."
enthus

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 28, 2015, 02:18:33 AM

A flat earth??
lol i wonder what world would be like if it was flat
we probably be all 2d shapes and flat body
the joint
Legendary

View Profile
November 28, 2015, 02:59:14 AM
Last edit: November 28, 2015, 08:38:45 PM by the joint

There's an artificial dome above our heads, hello?

Hello, there are things called meteorites that hurtle into our atmosphere at tens of thousands of mph.  I guess domes are semi-permeable and allow meteorites to pass right through them.  But I'm sure you have some outrageous explanation allowing for meteorites in a domed environment, don't you?  Let me guess -- missiles from an advanced race?   Maybe they open holes in the dome and chuck huge rocks at us with a gauss rifle.  No wonder meteorites are often comprised of magnetic iron!  Roll Eyes
notbatman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 28, 2015, 06:56:23 PM
Last edit: November 28, 2015, 07:50:09 PM by notbatman

"Dude, why are you taking pilot lessons? Simply take over the plane and stop it, then one of the towers will slam into it because the Earth is a globe spinning at 1,000 MPH. Just make sure you're on the west side of the tower is all."

Was Bin-laden a Flat Earther?

I know Waco cult leader David Koresh was a Flat Earther.

* Cellular Cosmogony, which is Teed's unique form of Hollow Earth theory which puts forth the idea that the Earth and universe are contained within a concave sphere, or 'cell'. The Koreshans even conducted several experiments, similar to those conducted by believers in a Flat Earth. The most well known was conducted on the beach of Naples, Florida (the Koreshan Geodetic Survey of 1897), a town south of the Koreshan Unity commune at Estero, Florida. Here is the description of the earth from Cellular Cosmogony:

"The sun is an invisible electromagnetic battery revolving in the universe's center on a 24-year cycle. Our visible sun is only a reflection, as is the moon, with the stars reflecting off seven mercurial discs that float in the sphere's center. Inside the earth there are three separate atmospheres: the first composed of oxygen and nitrogen and closest to the earth; the second, a hydrogen atmosphere above it; the third, an aboron (sic) atmosphere at the center. The earth's shell is one hundred miles thick and has seventeen layers. The outer seven are metallic with a gold rind on the outermost layer, the middle five are mineral and the five inward are geologic strata. Inside the shell there is life, outside a void."

* Koreshan Premise, A straight line extended at right angles from a perpendicular post will meet the surface of the earth at a distance proportionate to the height of the perpendicular.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koreshanity

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waco_siege
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 10:06:20 AM

A flat earth??

That is a Futurama episode.

and Wako ? i remember that on the news back in the day.. crazy stuff !

sort of like the Nike wearing Grape Koolaid crew who killed themselves so they could get home..
When comet Hale Bop flew by they figured it was their chance to get back to their home planet.
Which is where don't drink the Kool-aid came from.

And i shit you not guys i am drinking Grape Kool-aid right now !
It's maybe my all time favorite drink for ever and ever !

..the darker the berry the sweeter the drank !

FUD first & ask questions later™
notbatman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 12:08:52 PM

A flat earth??

That is a Futurama episode.

and Wako ? i remember that on the news back in the day.. crazy stuff !

sort of like the Nike wearing Grape Koolaid crew who killed themselves so they could get home..
When comet Hale Bop flew by they figured it was their chance to get back to their home planet.
Which is where don't drink the Kool-aid came from.

And i shit you not guys i am drinking Grape Kool-aid right now !
It's maybe my all time favorite drink for ever and ever !

..the darker the berry the sweeter the drank !

The truth about Kool-Aid is much deeper and darker, the Hale-Bop crew is simply the most recent incarnation of a greater evil.

The phrase derives from the November 1978 Jonestown deaths, in which over 900 members of the Peoples Temple, who were followers of Jim Jones died, many of whom committed suicide by drinking a mixture of a powdered soft drink flavoring agent laced with cyanide (with the remainder, including 89 infants and elderly, killed by forced ingestion of the poison). Although the powder used in the incident included Flavor Aid, it was commonly referred to as Kool-Aid due to the latter's status as a genericized trademark.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drinking_the_Kool-Aid

Jim Jones
exemplaar

Activity: 978
Merit: 506

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 12:44:49 AM

I still can't believe someone would even think about this. Don't you have something better to do in your life? Probably not. The point still stands; you can build a cheap mini rocket and fly it upwards with a camera.

yup..

and because of the tidal bulge it's actually technically more of a football shape.
partially because of the sun's gravity but mostly because of the Moon's gravitational pull.
the side the moon is facing gets drawn up and pulled on and then the opposite side of the earth gets the same.
..a football shape.

Really?

Look at the evidence without your preconceived biases and you'll see the problems also. Here is a few problems with the standard model among hundreds...What is keeping the all powerful vacuum of space from sucking off earths atmosphere? Please Explain to me how the moon gravity is strong enough to pull our oceans yet earths gravity hasn't pulled the moon into us yet. I could literally go on for hours about this. Why was relativity created to dismiss experiments such as Aires failure which prove the earth isn't moving?

Clear thinker using common sense video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qv6vjpgYbzQ 

enjoy watching.
the joint
Legendary

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 07:00:11 PM

I still can't believe someone would even think about this. Don't you have something better to do in your life? Probably not. The point still stands; you can build a cheap mini rocket and fly it upwards with a camera.

yup..

and because of the tidal bulge it's actually technically more of a football shape.
partially because of the sun's gravity but mostly because of the Moon's gravitational pull.
the side the moon is facing gets drawn up and pulled on and then the opposite side of the earth gets the same.
..a football shape.

Really?

Look at the evidence without your preconceived biases and you'll see the problems also. Here is a few problems with the standard model among hundreds...What is keeping the all powerful vacuum of space from sucking off earths atmosphere? Please Explain to me how the moon gravity is strong enough to pull our oceans yet earths gravity hasn't pulled the moon into us yet. I could literally go on for hours about this. Why was relativity created to dismiss experiments such as Aires failure which prove the earth isn't moving?

Clear thinker using common sense video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qv6vjpgYbzQ 

enjoy watching.

1) What properties do you believe space has that would necessarily suck away Earth's atmosphere?  What is the basis for your assumption?  To make such an assumption, you must have a theory or model of how and why this would work.

2) With regards to the Earth and its oceans and the moon, first you need to know what gravity is.  According to general relativity, objects with mass create curvatures in space.  The effects this curvature has on other nearby objects is what we call gravitational force.  We know that space curves as a result of mass because this was confirmed by astronomers testing Einstein's theory.  Initially, this was confirmed when astronomers were able to observe distant stars that should have been blocked by the Sun but were visible because their light bent around the Sun due to the curvature in space as a result of its mass. 

So, because the Moon and Earth are also mass objects like the Sun, they also create curvature in space.  The gravitational forces created by each body affect the other, but because Earth is something like 80 times more massive than the Moon, its gravitational pull is much greater.  This doesn't mean the Moon's pull is negated; it still exists, and we see its effects on our oceans (i.e. The tides). 

The moon doesn't crash into Earth because it's in orbit.  If you imagine throwing a rock horizontally, the rock falls to Earth due to gravity.  If you were to throw a rock really, really far (say, a few kilometers) it would fall to Earth too, but to hit the ground it would need to fall farther to account for Earth's curvature, and so it would.  Now, if you threw a rock really, really, REALLY far, it's possible that you could throw it so hard that it would keep falling and falling but never hit the ground, and instead it would circle the Earth as it continually falls around Earth's curvature.  This is what happens with the moon; it's continually falling towards Earth but never hits it because it is at the right speed and distance from Earth that it stays in orbit.  And so 'round and 'round it goes.
exemplaar

Activity: 978
Merit: 506

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 02:59:53 PM

yup..

..a football shape.

Really?

enjoy watching.

1) What properties do you believe space has that would necessarily suck away Earth's atmosphere?  What is the basis for your assumption?  To make such an assumption, you must have a theory or model of how and why this would work.

2) With regards to the Earth and its oceans and the moon, first you need to know what gravity is.  According to general relativity, objects with mass create curvatures in space.  The effects this curvature has on other nearby objects is what we call gravitational force.  We know that space curves as a result of mass because this was confirmed by astronomers testing Einstein's theory.  Initially, this was confirmed when astronomers were able to observe distant stars that should have been blocked by the Sun but were visible because their light bent around the Sun due to the curvature in space as a result of its mass. 

So, because the Moon and Earth are also mass objects like the Sun, they also create curvature in space.  The gravitational forces created by each body affect the other, but because Earth is something like 80 times more massive than the Moon, its gravitational pull is much greater.  This doesn't mean the Moon's pull is negated; it still exists, and we see its effects on our oceans (i.e. The tides). 

The moon doesn't crash into Earth because it's in orbit.  If you imagine throwing a rock horizontally, the rock falls to Earth due to gravity.  If you were to throw a rock really, really far (say, a few kilometers) it would fall to Earth too, but to hit the ground it would need to fall farther to account for Earth's curvature, and so it would.  Now, if you threw a rock really, really, REALLY far, it's possible that you could throw it so hard that it would keep falling and falling but never hit the ground, and instead it would circle the Earth as it continually falls around Earth's curvature.  This is what happens with the moon; it's continually falling towards Earth but never hits it because it is at the right speed and distance from Earth that it stays in orbit.  And so 'round and 'round it goes.

According to general relativity ONLY.  It is just one of many man made theories.

Is it in line with the Word, the LOGOS? ......i don't think so.
notbatman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 03:48:23 PM
Last edit: December 06, 2015, 05:52:00 PM by notbatman

Well it's been a few months since April Fools Day; annoyed after finding proof of NASA hoaxing the Mars rover images to add to all the claims of the Moon hoax I started this thread. I figured if the Moon was a hoax and images of the dark side were fake who's to say what it really looks like i.e. I could say there was an image of Bozo the Clown covering the entire surface and nobody could prove me wrong.

So what else is NASA lying about I thought and immediately the Earth came to mind as the biggest subject they could possibly lie about. So I did a YouTube search and found this guy (TheNASAchannel) who claimed he was an artist contractor who worked for NASA. He was doing stand-up comedy being an artist 'n all and his routine on flat earth was eye opening. Within weeks all sorts of video started popping up Mark Sargent, Eric Dubay, Jerenism, etc... A few months later there were hundreds of YouTube posters doing Flat Earth videos.

Now there are thousand of videos some with millions of views and this is officially a FLAT EARTH MOVEMENT. It's going to be interesting by the end of 2016 when large sections of the population start to jump on board.
realestone
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 04:11:47 PM

everyone on the earth is living on a dinner plate inside a refrigerator its common knowledge
TeamAgar

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 10:34:30 PM

At what altitude can you notice the curvature of the Earth?  Skeptics should take a high altitude oceanic flight because I'm pretty sure they could see for themselves at 20,000+ ft.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 02:40:31 AM

everyone on the earth is living on a dinner plate inside a refrigerator its common knowledge

Okay, who unplugged the refrigerator, for it's gettin' warm in here? And, you, Meatloaf, quit starin' up to look at the bottom side of the plate we're livin' on, pervert!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 799 »
  Print  

Jump to: