Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 10:59:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 799 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Flat Earth  (Read 1095076 times)
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
December 27, 2015, 07:36:30 PM

That's right just keep on talking about how guys are seeing stars...

I'd love a flat earth explanation for why the stars appear to rotate around the earth four minutes faster each day than the sun.

Clearly they're on a different cycle than the other celestial bodies. One thing that's absolutely clear and proven beyond a reasonable doubt by the "Airy's Failure" experiment is that the stars are in motion and the Earth is at rest.

Yeah, that isn't what the experiment shows.  That's what flat earthers who don't correctly interpret the findings think it shows.
notbatman (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
December 27, 2015, 09:38:33 PM

I'd love a flat earth explanation for why the stars appear to rotate around the earth four minutes faster each day than the sun.

Clearly they're on a different cycle than the other celestial bodies. One thing that's absolutely clear and proven beyond a reasonable doubt by the "Airy's Failure" experiment is that the stars are in motion and the Earth is at rest.

Yeah, that isn't what the experiment shows.  That's what flat earthers who don't correctly interpret the findings think it shows.

The experiment is too simple to mis-interpret the results.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 1373

View Profile
December 27, 2015, 11:16:29 PM

The experiment is too simple to mis-interpret the results.

But flat earthers are too weird to interpret it correctly.

Smiley

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/.
Robin,Hood

Activity: 462
Merit: 62

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 09:19:53 PM

Heliocentric model DEBUNKED With Evidence
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lX-ZslGYrk

Any Bitcoin address not starting with 1 is fraud and scam Full (20 coins) Cryptomarket History
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 10:08:19 PM

Did you note that this joker is simply trying to agitate? The point wasn't set down to show for sure what he was talking about in detail. Oh sure. The basic idea was there. But there wasn't any true examination. He simply drew a squiggly line on a "globe" and proceeded to call people liars.

My guess is that the Left is doing this simply to cause agitation among the nation. They do it with blacks, with Green Peace, gays, minorities, and now with this. The theme seems to be, "We're right and you're wrong, no matter if you are logically opposed to us or not. As long as you are not standing here with us saying 'we're right and you're wrong,' you are against us and we're right right right while you are wrong wrong wrong."

The whole flat earth thing is simply a method that government uses to trigger people who feel bad about themselves, to stand up and give them a cause that they can feel good about themselves with. It doesn't matter if the cause is good or bad, right or wrong. The cause is all that counts. "We are part of this cause, and we are right right right, and if you are not part of our cause, you are wrong wrong wrong."

That's all that flat earth is about.

Smiley

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/.
notbatman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 10:54:17 AM

Did you note that this joker is simply trying to agitate? The point wasn't set down to show for sure what he was talking about in detail. Oh sure. The basic idea was there. But there wasn't any true examination. He simply drew a squiggly line on a "globe" and proceeded to call people liars.

My guess is that the Left is doing this simply to cause agitation among the nation. They do it with blacks, with Green Peace, gays, minorities, and now with this. The theme seems to be, "We're right and you're wrong, no matter if you are logically opposed to us or not. As long as you are not standing here with us saying 'we're right and you're wrong,' you are against us and we're right right right while you are wrong wrong wrong."

The whole flat earth thing is simply a method that government uses to trigger people who feel bad about themselves, to stand up and give them a cause that they can feel good about themselves with. It doesn't matter if the cause is good or bad, right or wrong. The cause is all that counts. "We are part of this cause, and we are right right right, and if you are not part of our cause, you are wrong wrong wrong."

Smiley

Haven't you been following along? It's the globe Earth that's the government prerogative. The proven liars and hoaxers at NASA work for guess who? The school teachers with a globe on every desk work for guess who?

Flat Earth is about the truth and not filling everyone's head with total bullshit. The psychopaths who rule this world use the fact everybody believes nonsense as an excuse to treat us worse than farm animals. They steal our children and refer to them as "it" as they rape and murder them for entertainment and a show of dominance. Then they put them in the ground meat and make you eat them. They're laughing so hard...
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 08:22:00 PM

Gee, thank you for deferring me to someone who also doesn't know what he's talking about.
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 08:44:44 PM

Flat Earth is about the truth and not filling everyone's head with total bullshit.
Obvious troll.  Cheesy

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
December 31, 2015, 01:51:27 AM

Smiley

Haven't you been following along? It's the globe Earth that's the government prerogative. The proven liars and hoaxers at NASA work for guess who? The school teachers with a globe on every desk work for guess who?

Flat Earth is about the truth and not filling everyone's head with total bullshit. The psychopaths who rule this world use the fact everybody believes nonsense as an excuse to treat us worse than farm animals. They steal our children and refer to them as "it" as they rape and murder them for entertainment and a show of dominance. Then they put them in the ground meat and make you eat them. They're laughing so hard...

Me laugh, too. Me laugh that you act like you are serious. LOL!

Smiley

notbatman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 31, 2015, 07:43:44 PM

Flat Earth is about the truth and not filling everyone's head with total bullshit.
Obvious troll.  Cheesy

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
January 01, 2016, 01:36:29 AM

Obvious troll.  Cheesy

I suppose your picture(s) above are truth?

Perhaps you could write a simple list of, say, 50 points that explain what the universe is like if the earth is flat. In other words:
1. Does the flat earth go on forever in all directions?
2. Are the stars only above our section of the flat earth, or do they go on in all directions to infinity if the flat earth is infinite in all directions?
3. If there is a dome, is it over only our portion of the flat earth?
4. Where are the edges of the dome where it meets the flat earth?
5. Could there be other domes in other places outside of ours?

These are simple example questions. Answer them directly if you want. But the point of asking them is, what is the universe really like if the earth is flat?

I mean, maybe the earth is only a million flat miles in diameter, sitting on a table, in the workshop of some humongously gigantic giant, and we are smack dab in the center. The appearance of the Milky Way overhead is simply the giant's form of lighting in his castle(?) workshop.

Come on. Let us know what it is all about. There has to be more than just a flat earth with a dome that has some holes in it that correspond to the stars or something.

Smiley

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
January 01, 2016, 01:41:56 AM

When you watch most of the videos that are pro-flat-earth, the narrators usually get into some angry, hateful dialog about people who don't accept flat earth science.

The whole idea is to produce another faction like gays, or green people, or woman's lib, or minorities, and agitate them to the point of whipping them into a frenzy. The purpose is to get money from Congress for being a minority group. And they do it by getting their people to froth at the mouth with anger and envy of other people who can give a reason.

Smiley

Robin,Hood

Activity: 462
Merit: 62

View Profile
January 01, 2016, 12:25:57 PM

Obvious troll.  Cheesy

I suppose your picture(s) above are truth?

Perhaps you could write a simple list of, say, 50 points that explain what the universe is like if the earth is flat. In other words:
1. Does the flat earth go on forever in all directions?
2. Are the stars only above our section of the flat earth, or do they go on in all directions to infinity if the flat earth is infinite in all directions?
3. If there is a dome, is it over only our portion of the flat earth?
4. Where are the edges of the dome where it meets the flat earth?
5. Could there be other domes in other places outside of ours?

These are simple example questions. Answer them directly if you want. But the point of asking them is, what is the universe really like if the earth is flat?

I mean, maybe the earth is only a million flat miles in diameter, sitting on a table, in the workshop of some humongously gigantic giant, and we are smack dab in the center. The appearance of the Milky Way overhead is simply the giant's form of lighting in his castle(?) workshop.

Come on. Let us know what it is all about. There has to be more than just a flat earth with a dome that has some holes in it that correspond to the stars or something.

Smiley

Very exiting times to be around. Time moves very fast and daily new discovery’s are mate.
From some recent observations it appears our dimension has 7 planets. Other than that you have to progress to the next dimension, some will manage most will perish as they have sold out.

Most people are still of the illusion that they can fight the next major battle with a weapon, lol only assures you are not ready for progress and unimaginable happiness.

Any Bitcoin address not starting with 1 is fraud and scam Full (20 coins) Cryptomarket History
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 12:32:14 AM

Come on! Everybody knows that the earth is flat, with each person in the center. And wherever each person goes on the flat earth, the center of the flat earth is always located at his location.

Grin

YoonYeonghwa

Activity: 242
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 12:39:51 AM

I am pretty sure it's flat. My mum told me. She's probably wrong.

exemplaar

Activity: 978
Merit: 506

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 07:33:09 PM

I still can't believe someone would even think about this. Don't you have something better to do in your life? Probably not. The point still stands; you can build a cheap mini rocket and fly it upwards with a camera.

yup..

and because of the tidal bulge it's actually technically more of a football shape.
partially because of the sun's gravity but mostly because of the Moon's gravitational pull.
the side the moon is facing gets drawn up and pulled on and then the opposite side of the earth gets the same.
..a football shape.

Really?

Look at the evidence without your preconceived biases and you'll see the problems also. Here is a few problems with the standard model among hundreds...What is keeping the all powerful vacuum of space from sucking off earths atmosphere? Please Explain to me how the moon gravity is strong enough to pull our oceans yet earths gravity hasn't pulled the moon into us yet. I could literally go on for hours about this. Why was relativity created to dismiss experiments such as Aires failure which prove the earth isn't moving?

Clear thinker using common sense video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qv6vjpgYbzQ  

enjoy watching.

1) What properties do you believe space has that would necessarily suck away Earth's atmosphere?  What is the basis for your assumption?  To make such an assumption, you must have a theory or model of how and why this would work.

2) With regards to the Earth and its oceans and the moon, first you need to know what gravity is.  According to general relativity, objects with mass create curvatures in space.  The effects this curvature has on other nearby objects is what we call gravitational force.  We know that space curves as a result of mass because this was confirmed by astronomers testing Einstein's theory.  Initially, this was confirmed when astronomers were able to observe distant stars that should have been blocked by the Sun but were visible because their light bent around the Sun due to the curvature in space as a result of its mass.  

So, because the Moon and Earth are also mass objects like the Sun, they also create curvature in space.  The gravitational forces created by each body affect the other, but because Earth is something like 80 times more massive than the Moon, its gravitational pull is much greater.  This doesn't mean the Moon's pull is negated; it still exists, and we see its effects on our oceans (i.e. The tides).  

The moon doesn't crash into Earth because it's in orbit.  If you imagine throwing a rock horizontally, the rock falls to Earth due to gravity.  If you were to throw a rock really, really far (say, a few kilometers) it would fall to Earth too, but to hit the ground it would need to fall farther to account for Earth's curvature, and so it would.  Now, if you threw a rock really, really, REALLY far, it's possible that you could throw it so hard that it would keep falling and falling but never hit the ground, and instead it would circle the Earth as it continually falls around Earth's curvature.  This is what happens with the moon; it's continually falling towards Earth but never hits it because it is at the right speed and distance from Earth that it stays in orbit.  And so 'round and 'round it goes.

According to general relativity ONLY.  It is just one of many man made theories.

Is it in line with the Word, the LOGOS? ......i don't think so.

And according to observation, experimentation, replication, etc.

I have no idea why you're bringing up religion.  The "word" doesn't even provide an explanation whatsoever for the issues mentioned in the post (i.e. Some vague notion that space should "suck off" Earth's atmosphere, tidal motion, etc.).  

Are you suggesting that your evidence for a flat earth is a book (the Bible) that gives zero explanation for these things?

Hypothetical conversation:

Me: The earth is round because of x, y, and z.
You: The earth is flat because the Bible doesn't even mention x, y, and z.  
Me: The Bible doesn't provide any alternative explanation, either.
You: And that means the Earth is flat.
Me:  ...the hell?

Huh

First things first. Nobody is bringing up a religion, that is your first fail and i will not continue to count many of them.

Your "reasoning" is not quite correct. In fact it is very poor.  If A then B...blahblah... Not necessarily.

The surface of earth is not round. Your X,Y and Z are false evidence. You were framed  Wink
The surface of our living place is flat and The LOGOS reveals that and of course you have plenty of observational evidences let alone in this thread.
LOGOS is eternal idea of the Creator of all things. So obviously He is the best source for that not nasa... Grin  If you need to repair your car you won't drive it to the butcher's workshop Cheesy
LOGOS also stands for ultimate logic. Puzzling is that atheists are always so keen in emphasizing the word logic and at the same time they are failing to acquire the ultimate one.  Though i know why is that.

Ignorance of LOGOS is darkness, comprehension is light.

So basic instructions are: check what LOGOS has to say about the subject. Find that through your PERSONAL EXPERIENCE, natural observation, experiment or whatever your abilities gifts or talents are, and... BAM, it will be a perfect match for you. Winner, ACE, home run, you name it you claim it.  Cheesy It is so simple folks.
Wish you all the best on your flat earth quest journey.

PS and earth is not a pancake. Grin I noticed someone mentioned that, though it is funny.

The real reason why the earth is not flat is not because it isn't, necessarily. The reason is this.

Round earth physics has a rather complete physics to it. Flat earth physics does not.

Round earth physics may have some flaws in it. All they are is flaws. But flat earthers try to use the flaws to say that the earth is flat, when all the flaws do is suggest that round earth need some additional explanation.

In other words, flat earth theory is not even theory, technically, because round earth is not theory. Round earth is fact, even though it has a few mistakes in the understandings about it.

Smiley

mhm...you mean round earth physics=jesuit physics, the fake physics against physics of the LOGOS.

Learn something about the "jesuit order" in this nice Grin video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ek00ng4YqD4

enjoy watching 

exemplaar

Activity: 978
Merit: 506

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 07:39:06 PM

lol, Never seen a funny thread like this in a long time. The earth looks flat until you go to space.
You should take a picture next time you're there, then you can show us what fools we are for believing the overwhelming evidence that proves it's flat.

I suppose you could go up really high in an airplane, or send up a weather balloon to begin seeing the ellipsoid curvature of the earth.

Here you have: Flat Earth Panoramic 18 Miles High https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVHABsV6idY

There are more, I just picked one for you  Wink

or maybe rivers of belief could also help?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRYXjtmW6n4

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 02:16:01 AM

The real reason why the earth is not flat is not because it isn't, necessarily. The reason is this.

Round earth physics has a rather complete physics to it. Flat earth physics does not.

Round earth physics may have some flaws in it. All they are is flaws. But flat earthers try to use the flaws to say that the earth is flat, when all the flaws do is suggest that round earth need some additional explanation.

In other words, flat earth theory is not even theory, technically, because round earth is not theory. Round earth is fact, even though it has a few mistakes in the understandings about it.

Smiley

mhm...you mean round earth physics=jesuit physics, the fake physics against physics of the LOGOS.

Learn something about the "jesuit order" in this nice Grin video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ek00ng4YqD4

enjoy watching 

Not interested in Jesuit junk at this time. Thanks for the offer.

What I mean is, the logic and science of round earth is so far ahead of the logic and science of flat earth at this time, that flat earth is not an option.

Even if flat earth were the truth, and round earth was all a fiction and a lie, the science behind flat earth is so extremely limited when compared with round earth science, that it is going to take a lot of time to even make flat earth look possible, to say nothing of potentially probable.

Smiley

notbatman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 09:02:04 AM

Smiley

enjoy watching 

What I mean is, the logic and science of round earth is so far ahead of the logic and science of flat earth at this time, that flat earth is not an option.

Even if flat earth were the truth, and round earth was all a fiction and a lie, the science behind flat earth is so extremely limited when compared with round earth science, that it is going to take a lot of time to even make flat earth look possible, to say nothing of potentially probable.

Smiley

How the fuck can spinning globe earth theory be "so far ahead" when it doesn't jive with measurement and observation of the physical world we live in? Globe Earth theory isn't used in architecture, engineering, avionics or anything other than brainwashing the public.

Talk about going full retard.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 09:48:00 AM

Smiley

enjoy watching  

Smiley

How the fuck can spinning globe earth theory be "so far ahead" when it doesn't jive with measurement and observation of the physical world we live in? Globe Earth theory isn't used in architecture, engineering, avionics or anything other than brainwashing the public.

Talk about going full retard.

You talk so silly.

Flat earth science has, well, one basic thing... flat earth. Period.

Globe earth has a whole science of cosmology that includes both science and theory.

Is globe earth science correct in every point? Surely not. Is it correct in many points? Yes.

Is flat earth science correct in every point? No. Is it correct in one point? No... because it only has one point... flat earth.

Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 799 »
  Print  

Jump to: