Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 09:16:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 108 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED] S.DICE - SatoshiDICE 100% Dividend-Paying Asset on MPEx  (Read 316155 times)
evoorhees (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 09:30:31 PM

Any idea who is maintaining the pass through for this? Is it yourself Erik?

Yeah it's being maintained by DeaDTerra, who is basically an all-around badass and I'm very happy he's set it up.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=103654.0
Thanks buddy

PS: Watching the Porcfest bitcoin talk! exciting to put usernames to faces!

Haha that's great! Yeah it was a fun panel, one of the best turnouts of any event at PorcFest. It's very fulfilling to see someone in the audience who has a question and then, after hearing the answer, just has their eyes light up with possibilities. Once someone grasps the power of Bitcoin, there's almost a physiological reaction Smiley

Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2012, 01:00:36 PM

So it is thus accurate to say that I prefer 32k BTC instead of 10% of SatoshiDICE, but I would not prefer 15k BTC instead of 10% of SatoshiDICE. My investment preference only shifts to the BTC at the 32k for 10% exchange rate. Further, I wouldn’t sell another 10% for an additional 32k btc, for at that margin my preference shifts back to SD.

If some portion of the Bitcoin investment world has a matching inverse time preference to to mine, and is thus willing to pay 32k BTC for 10% of SD, then we all have a deal and the exchange is made. Otherwise, my exchange preference and that of the market do not align, and we continue on as we were.

Are you planning to call off this IPO since the second tranche is practically untouched after 24 hrs and the third one should also be released by any moment now? Seems like your conditions above (emphasis mine) are not going to be met.

What price you're going to use when buying back shares? I mean, if someone is now buying in for .0034 and then you decide to cancel the IPO and buy back for .0032 there's immediate 6% loss (plus possible MPEx/GLBSE fees etc). Didn't find a clause for this when glancing over the conditions.

No intention of "calling off" anything. If shares don't get bought, then I get to keep the dividends to myself. No biggie.

I hope you arent going to transfer unsold shares to your own account because that would be fraud, because thats the only way you can earn dividends from them.

The shares originate in my account - I'm the owner. Why are you suggesting it's fraud if they remain under my ownership when they're under my ownership currently?  Roll Eyes

There is confusion here because usually shares are issued in a "company" or "corporation" which is separate from the individual.

Coincomm

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 28, 2012, 04:55:21 PM

So it is thus accurate to say that I prefer 32k BTC instead of 10% of SatoshiDICE, but I would not prefer 15k BTC instead of 10% of SatoshiDICE. My investment preference only shifts to the BTC at the 32k for 10% exchange rate. Further, I wouldn’t sell another 10% for an additional 32k btc, for at that margin my preference shifts back to SD.

If some portion of the Bitcoin investment world has a matching inverse time preference to to mine, and is thus willing to pay 32k BTC for 10% of SD, then we all have a deal and the exchange is made. Otherwise, my exchange preference and that of the market do not align, and we continue on as we were.

Are you planning to call off this IPO since the second tranche is practically untouched after 24 hrs and the third one should also be released by any moment now? Seems like your conditions above (emphasis mine) are not going to be met.

What price you're going to use when buying back shares? I mean, if someone is now buying in for .0034 and then you decide to cancel the IPO and buy back for .0032 there's immediate 6% loss (plus possible MPEx/GLBSE fees etc). Didn't find a clause for this when glancing over the conditions.

No intention of "calling off" anything. If shares don't get bought, then I get to keep the dividends to myself. No biggie.

I hope you arent going to transfer unsold shares to your own account because that would be fraud, because thats the only way you can earn dividends from them.

The shares originate in my account - I'm the owner. Why are you suggesting it's fraud if they remain under my ownership when they're under my ownership currently?  Roll Eyes

There is confusion here because usually shares are issued in a "company" or "corporation" which is separate from the individual.

The individual here happens to own the other 95% of the company. He created the shares in the first place. It's without a doubt he's entitled to the profits.
bitcoinbear

Activity: 518

View Profile
August 28, 2012, 05:02:18 PM

Look at it this way: The company, SatoshiDice, issued the shares. They then gave them all to evoorhees as compensation for building the company. He is now free to sell as many of them as he wants, and keep the ones which don't sell.

CryptoNote needs you! Join the elite merged mining forces right now here in Fantomcoin topic: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=598823.0
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1068

View Profile
August 28, 2012, 05:17:05 PM

The individual here happens to own the other 95% of the company. He created the shares in the first place. It's without a doubt he's entitled to the profits.
It would help if the "individual here" would disclose his agreements with fireduck. The "individual here" is well known for his sales skills, but not for mathematically proving anything, least of it mathematically provable bets.
I'm not trying to flatter myself at all. I'm trying to flatter Bitcoin. Blockchain enables mathematically provable bets, and this is a game changer for gambling around the world.
I wonder how the link below will become a mathematical proof of corruption in wagering.

https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/satoshidice/hash.keys

I think this is the first case in the history where somebody sold the racetrack, but kept the list of horses that are going to win on it over the next 10 years.

So, who else has the full secret list?

Please comment, critique, criticize or ridicule BIP 2112: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=54382.0
Long-term mining prognosis: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=91101.0
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
August 28, 2012, 08:28:41 PM
Last edit: August 29, 2012, 12:24:31 AM by Stephen Gornick

mathematically provable bets.

SatoshiDICE doesn't know the blockchain transaction ID in advance so SatoshiDICE cannot influence the results of my wager.

So it is provable mathematically that the house cannot cheat the player.

You are describing the situation where if I know the secret before I place the wager, I can cheat the house.  Now that the house has investors, you are suggesting that this list of secrets makes it is possible for a party [edit: a party who has access to the secrets] to cheat the house, lowering its profits, which in turn, lowers the dividends for investors.

Over enough trials, the chances of that occurring without notice are lowered.  There isn't "proof" available to say that this isn't happening but it can be detected pretty easily if it is.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1068

View Profile
August 28, 2012, 08:47:37 PM
Last edit: August 28, 2012, 09:34:24 PM by 2112

Now that the house has investors, you are suggesting that this list of secrets makes it is possible for a party to cheat the house, lowering its profits, which in turn, lowers the dividends for investors.
Now the question is "who?". Is it fireduck cheating Erik? fireduck & Erik cheating would-be-investors in Macau? Some unknown-as-yet actor in this drama?

My hunch is that Erik is innocent, sort of like Hans Buehler in the Crypto AG drama.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crypto_AG

If Erik had any experience in the gaming sales he would've come up with a better racket. Or maybe he really wants to go down in history as a first loaded dice and crooked table salesman in the crypto-currency era? Kind of like Soapy Smith was for the Wild West?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soapy_Smith

But I still would like to know who's the cortex of the operation and what was the game plan.

Please comment, critique, criticize or ridicule BIP 2112: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=54382.0
Long-term mining prognosis: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=91101.0
misterbigg
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 12:12:48 AM

So what happened with this "IPO?" It looks like less than 20% of issued shares got sold, and it's already past the last offering date.

Was the IPO overpriced?
dree12
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1077

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 12:24:36 AM

So what happened with this "IPO?" It looks like less than 20% of issued shares got sold, and it's already past the last offering date.

Was the IPO overpriced?

Probably. I've pulled my buy orders until GSDPT stabilizes at the 0.0025 mark. The MPEX risk is just too high for most potential shareholders.
boonies4u

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 12:27:01 AM

Was the IPO overpriced?

Probably. I've pulled my buy orders until GSDPT stabilizes at the 0.0025 mark. The MPEX risk is just too high for most potential shareholders.

IMO it is overpriced. Since this is Erik selling the shares he personally holds, he can value them at whatever he wishes.
dree12
Legendary

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 12:29:57 AM

Was the IPO overpriced?

IMO it is overpriced. Since this is Erik selling the shares he personally holds, he can value them at whatever he wishes.
But the market will value them differently. I believe the price will regress to the 0.0025 mark before rebounding.
misterbigg
Legendary

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 12:47:27 AM

What happens if someone wants to get out of their purchase by selling back at 0.0034 / share, does their order take priority over the unsold IPO shares? Or is everyone stuck with either taking a loss if they want to get out, or waiting?
dree12
Legendary

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 12:48:56 AM

What happens if someone wants to get out of their purchase by selling back at 0.0034 / share, does their order take priority over the unsold IPO shares? Or is everyone stuck with either taking a loss if they want to get out, or waiting?
Everyone's stuck (and are already). People have resorted to selling at 0.0032 BTC per share.
misterbigg
Legendary

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 12:52:58 AM

Everyone's stuck (and are already). People have resorted to selling at 0.0032 BTC per share.

So if there are IPO shares at 0.0034 and secondary market shares at 0.0034, the IPO shares take priority? First in first out?
dree12
Legendary

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 12:55:33 AM

So if there are IPO shares at 0.0034 and secondary market shares at 0.0034, the IPO shares take priority? First in first out?

Yes, that's how all exchanges currently work (it is to encourage real bidding, rather than overlapping in the order books). But given the 100+ BTC needed already to buy up to but not including 0.0034, it's nothing to worry about.
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2012, 12:55:54 AM

Look at it this way: The company, SatoshiDice, issued the shares. They then gave them all to evoorhees as compensation for building the company. He is now free to sell as many of them as he wants, and keep the ones which don't sell.

Sure. I dont have an issue with this.

Im staying away from S.DICE simply because of the risk of MPEX and the behaviour of their PR account.

evoorhees (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 03:53:08 PM

mathematically provable bets.

SatoshiDICE doesn't know the blockchain transaction ID in advance so SatoshiDICE cannot influence the results of my wager.

So it is provable mathematically that the house cannot cheat the player.

You are describing the situation where if I know the secret before I place the wager, I can cheat the house.  Now that the house has investors, you are suggesting that this list of secrets makes it is possible for a party [edit: a party who has access to the secrets] to cheat the house, lowering its profits, which in turn, lowers the dividends for investors.

Over enough trials, the chances of that occurring without notice are lowered.  There isn't "proof" available to say that this isn't happening but it can be detected pretty easily if it is.

Bingo.
evoorhees (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 03:59:59 PM

The offered IPO shares aren't going anywhere. I like the price that it's at, but it's a lot of money/shares, so it may take a while to sell. Perhaps people will wait until they see the new sexy site launched Smiley

Anyone who has shares and wants to sell can list them at whatever price they want. If IPO shares are being sold at .0034 and you have shares you can sell for .0033 and they will be bought first, obviously.
Coincomm

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 04:06:52 PM

I dumped my shares mainly because it's taking too long to sell. I'll buy back in when all of its nearly sold.
ShireSilver

Activity: 382
Merit: 253

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2012, 04:09:41 PM

The offered IPO shares aren't going anywhere. I like the price that it's at, but it's a lot of money/shares, so it may take a while to sell. Perhaps people will wait until they see the new sexy site launched Smiley

Or maybe they're waiting to see dividends. IMHO that's holding back FZB.A too. [Disclosure: I'm holding a small amount of both as a longer term investment.]

Shire Silver, a better bullion that fits in your wallet. Get some, now accepting bitcoin!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 108 »
  Print  

Jump to: