Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 10:42:45 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 91 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Hillary Clinton Trustworthy?  (Read 234698 times)
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 12:03:05 PM

CLINTON CAMPAIGN WON’T COMMIT TO RELEASING HILLARY MEDICAL RECORDS

Face the Nation host John Dickerson pointed out that “Hillary Clinton had a big health scare when she was secretary of state” and asked campaign manager Robby Mook, “will she release her medial records as part of this campaign?”

“I will let Hillary decide that,” Mook answered. “But I can tell you she has been hitting the campaign trail hard.”

In 2012, Clinton had to delay her Benghazi testimony to Congress after she fell and suffered a concussion. She later was treated for a blood clot in her brain, which experts said could have been “life threatening.” Though Clinton joked about her “cracked head” in emails that the State Department recently released, Bill Clinton revealed last year that Hillary’s injuries “required six months of very serious work to get over.”

On the stump this weekend, Clinton tried to deflect concerns about her age by saying that she would be the “youngest woman president” if elected to the White House.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/06/15/clinton-campaign-wont-commit-to-releasing-hillary-medical-records/

JarvisTechnology

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 12:12:21 PM

It's high time now that USA gets a lady-President. And there seems no other choice better than Hilary Clinton. I suppose people can give her a chance at President's posts. I think she has done pretty good till now, she deserves to become the President

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 12:32:03 PM

It's high time now that USA gets a lady-President. And there seems no other choice better than Hilary Clinton. I suppose people can give her a chance at President's posts. I think she has done pretty good till now, she deserves to become the President

And she will be a transparent president. Close to the people as a struggling human being with a vagina...

Shutout: Hillary bars designated reporter from covering her events

New Hampshire events closed to print pool reporter, no one replaces Daily Mail’s Martosko

*** UPDATED 7:13PM EDT: POOL REPORTER AGAIN KICKED OUT OF HILLARY EVENT ***

Why has Hillary Clinton barred today’s designated print media pool reporter from covering her campaign events in New Hampshire?

Would she really prefer NO coverage to the Daily Mail’s David Martosko? That’s exactly what happened this morning in the Granite State.

A source close to the situation told the Media Equalizer earlier that when Martosko was informed last night of the rescinded credential, the consensus among others in the media pool was to decline to send a replacement at all, leaving at least one event without anyone to report on it. The position normally rotates each day, as the campaign only allows one print reporter at a time inside many of her events.

When he attempted to gain access this morning anyway, it was denied. The event, in Rochester, was a forum on the subject of early childhood education. Later, there was a campaign kickoff in Concord.

While Martosko is left wondering whether this will continue throughout Clinton’s schedule for today, some in the media are asking whether the Democratic presidential frontrunner is taking an unusually heavy-handed approach to controlling coverage. There are other events on Clinton’s calendar for today, including a 5:45pm Flag Day event in Manchester sponsored by the city’s Democratic Party organization, where she will be the keynote speaker:

Tickets to see Hillary Clinton are going fast, get yours NOW! Click here: https://secure.actblue.com/contribute/page/2015flagday
Posted by Manchester City Democrats on Wednesday, June 10, 2015

If Martosko were to attempt to gain entry and again be refused, it could substantially escalate the growing controversy.
While the left-leaning Mediaite speculates the issue is related to a 2013 story about Senator Robert Menendez (D-NJ) and the campaign cites the Daily Mail’s foreign ownership (a can of worms were this to be applied evenly across the board), it’s more likely related to a recent series of scoops by Martosko about events on the trail.

It was Martosko, after all, who has reported on a number of behavioral missteps by Clinton’s team, such as her reliance on private jets as opposed to commercial travel even as she rails against the rich during campaign stops.

In April, he caught Clinton’s entourage reaching or exceeding 80 miles per hour in a 55 zone as they “raced to Boston” in order to catch a plane in Logan with a first class section. That’s despite skipping “the Manchester, NH airport [which] would have been 55 miles closer and had a flight two hours earlier – but it was on smaller plane with only coach seats.”

In addition, he uncovered Clinton’s now-infamous “Scooby van”– the vehicle used to move her across Iowa, featuring armor plating and tinted windows.

Does Clinton’s campaign realize it has inadvertently elevated Martosko to a higher public profile and at the same time energized her opponents, who are likely to renew allegations of heavy-handed press treatment?

UPDATE: From Martosko’s evening pool report

POOL REPORT #7: 6:24 p.m. “final — “You need to leave””

For the second time today the Hillary for America campaign denied your pooler access to a pooled event, claiming that DailyMail.com was not approved to cover it. This despite sending an email Sunday evening at 6:15pm advising the times and locations where poolers should arrive during the day.

http://mediaequalizer.com/brian-maloney/2015/06/shutout-hillary-bars-designated-reporter-from-covering-her-events

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 12:42:36 PM

http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/15/politics/45-times-secretary-clinton-pushed-the-trade-bill-she-now-opposes/index.html

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 12:46:09 PM

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/06/hillary-clinton-libya-emails-withheld-benghazi-committee-119037.html

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 12:49:20 PM

http://dailycaller.com/2015/06/15/the-kick-off-hillary-clinton-the-bogus-womens-advocate/

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 01:24:58 PM

Pentax

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 02:21:27 PM

was this a serious comment?

I cannot fathom how anyone could think she's done a good job at anything, so maybe you can give us some specific examples of why you think this is the case.
mikaljan

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 03:59:24 PM

As an independent, I don't have much use for Hillary, nor do many Democrats I know in our blue state. But she's more qualified than Warren, Sanders or O'Malley, at least in terms of how her stated views match with mine. And she's far better than any of the Republican candidates. I think that's all this poll shows, at this early point in time. Why is she better than the GOP candidates? No religious nonsense, for one. It belongs entirely out of government. She also supports a national health care system, expanded entitlements, modest reductions in defense spending, higher taxes on the wealthy, and in general a strong federal government with weak state governments. Those are my positions as well.

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 04:14:11 PM

As an independent, I don't have much use for Hillary, nor do many Democrats I know in our blue state. But she's more qualified than Warren, Sanders or O'Malley, at least in terms of how her stated views match with mine. And she's far better than any of the Republican candidates. I think that's all this poll shows, at this early point in time. Why is she better than the GOP candidates? No religious nonsense, for one. It belongs entirely out of government. She also supports a national health care system, expanded entitlements, modest reductions in defense spending, higher taxes on the wealthy, and in general a strong federal government with weak state governments. Those are my positions as well.

She has been supporting all those views for years and years and never changed her position? That is news to me. People will support her no matter what. They will find a way to support a hack. Just because. That's just human nature.

Cool

Pentax

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 04:48:56 PM

then your views align more with those of a liberal than an independent, as those positions are not at all in keeping with the independent's stated political platform, which has a place for religion and leans more towards state's rights and smaller federal government, among other things.

http://www.independentamericanparty.org/about-the-iap/platform/

nothing wrong with that and your statement of why you'd support her is at least logical, based on your worldview.

I think she's about as corrupt a human being as has ever walked the halls of washington, which is a difficult accomplishment indeed, and I do not in any way think her stated positions do anything more than mirror what the polls tell her they should be.  I guess we'll just have to disagree on Hillary's fitness for duty.

I don't like any of the Republicans either and it's amazing that this is what's out there, as Hillary is beatable, just as Obama was, but it seems they can't find anyone that doesn't sound like a loon.

I might vote for Warren if she was running and I thought she actually could do the things she wants in terms of breaking up the big banks, but she's not and she couldn't, and Sanders is not, to me, a viable candidate.

there is no candidate in this election that I'd actually get energized about.  no good choices, IMO.
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 08:56:38 PM

Dude, she orchestrated the over throw of Gaddafi and the arms dealing from Libya to ISIS hands in Syria. I see no reduction of military spending on the horizon w/ this broad. Not to mention, she's as corrupt as they come just like her hubby was during his regime. We need a weaker federal government freeing up more autonomy for the states. Liberty is more when government on a fed level is way less.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 10:57:51 PM

Hillary Charged Kid’s Charity $200,000 For Speech

Hillary Clinton charged a kids’ charity $200,000 to speak — and she pocketed every dime.

Clinton reportedly charged the Boys and Girls Club of Long Beach $200,000 for a speech earlier this year, according to new speaking disclosures made available on the Clinton Foundation website.

Clinton spoke at a Boys and Girls Club of Long Beach fundraiser in California on March 3, reportedly speaking to 300 Long Beach “movers and shakers” at an event that was closed to the press. The event was marked by Secret Service security and bomb-sniffing dogs outside before Clinton got there.

The Boys and Girls Club of Long Beach’s programs promote character, education, health, and sports and art involvement for children.

When former Secretary of State Condoleeza Rice spoke to the same group in 2009, she reportedly donated the nearly $60,000 they paid her back to the charity.

http://dailycaller.com/2015/06/16/hillary-charged-kids-charity-200000-for-speech/

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 12:56:58 AM

Official Sued And Invoked Executive Privilege To Keep Parts Of Watchdog Report On Hillary’s State Dept Secret

Harold Geisel, the temporary inspector general of the State Department during Hillary Clinton’s tenure, sought to keep early drafts of a controversial watchdog report under wraps in federal court.

Geisel also invoked an executive privilege in an attempt to protect the drafts from prying eyes, after it became clear watchdogs had gotten a hold of them.

“The use of this information and potentially identifying the source of this information for an unauthorized purpose can seriously damage the OIG’s credibility and independence,” Geisel argued in an affidavit filed June 2013 and obtained by the Washington Examiner.

Geisel claimed the records should be withheld under the Privacy Act and demanded they be returned to the State Department in June 2013.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/official-sued-to-keep-clinton-state-documents-secret/article/2566316

bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 04:13:43 AM

Hillary Clinton charged a kids’ charity $200,000 to speak — and she pocketed every dime.

Whose fault is this? I will not blame Hillary for this. Hillary is just like a professional sex worker. She will perform for money, without really caring about the source of that money.

On the other hand, these charities are supposed to spend the money they collected for buying medicines and such things for kids. Someone decided to use that money to give a tip to Hillary.

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 06:49:25 PM

Whose fault is this? I will not blame Hillary for this. Hillary is just like a professional sex worker. She will perform for money, without really caring about the source of that money.

On the other hand, these charities are supposed to spend the money they collected for buying medicines and such things for kids. Someone decided to use that money to give a tip to Hillary.

... Or thought of it as an investment for future favors?

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 07:03:10 PM

Audio: Clinton Foundation Head Accused Clintons of ‘Paranoia’

https://soundcloud.com/washington-free-beacon/donna-shalala-on-clinton-paranoia

Clinton Foundation head Donna Shalala privately expressed concerns about Bill and Hillary Clinton’s mental state in the mid-1990s, saying they had become “paranoid” and fixated on “right-wing conspiracies,” according to previously unpublished audio recordings obtained by the Washington Free Beacon.

In 1994, four years before Hillary Clinton said a “vast right-wing conspiracy” was trying to take down her husband’s presidency, top aide Shalala said this theory was already embraced by the Clintons.

“They’ve become paranoid. Paranoia. Thinking people are out to get them, this right-wing conspiracy stuff,” said Shalala, who was the head of Health and Human Services during the August 1994 interview.

Shalala was recently appointed president of the Clinton Foundation.

The tapes are part of a series of interviews with Hillary Clinton and top aides, conducted by the late Pulitzer Prize winning reporter Haynes Johnson and obtained by the Free Beacon from the Wisconsin Historical Society on the University of Wisconsin campus.

Some segments of the interviews are transcribed in Johnson’s 1996 book The System, written with David Broder, which gives a meticulously reported account of the 1990s health care debate. However, many of the quotes in the book are not attributed to the aides by name.

The recordings provide additional insight into how Hillary Clinton was affected by her unsuccessful push for health care reform, one of the highest-profile battles of her time in the White House.

Aides feared at the time that Hillary Clinton had become “paranoid,” “burnt out,” and prone to angry outbursts, according to the tapes.

“[The Clintons are] feeling sorry for themselves. They talk about [conspiracies] all the time,” said Shalala. “That there really is a conspiracy out there to get us. That we don’t have a chance, people don’t understand how much good we’ve done. Our message isn’t getting across because these people are beating us up.”

Shalala said documents about supposed right-wing conspiracies were also being distributed to White House staffers.

“There is a feeling in the White House, and I don’t know whether it’s [James] Carville or [Paul] Begala or who’s giving them the materials,” said Shalala. “But sitting on the desks of their staff there’s these materials on this right-wing conspiracy.”

The remark was a rare acknowledgement by a close aide that there were reservations about the Clintons’ “right-wing conspiracy” theory within their inner circle. The quote was not attributed to Shalala in Johnson’s book. However, the audio recording and an interview transcription do include her name and are open to the public.

Since leaving the White House, Hillary Clinton has been dogged by accusations that she has an insular leadership style and lacks transparency, although aides deny that her approach is driven by “paranoia.”

At a Clinton Global Initiative conference last year, a New York Times reporter said a Clinton press handler trailed her throughout the event, even following her into the restroom.

More recently, Clinton came under fire for using a private email server to conduct State Department business. The former secretary of state eventually turned over a collection of emails to the State Department, but the full server was “wiped clean,” according to her attorney.

In 1995, the Clinton White House drafted what became known as the “Conspiracy Commerce Memo,” which purported to show how negative stories about the Clintons’ filtered into the mainstream media from conservative outlets and talk radio. The existence of the memo was reported in 1997, but it was not published in full until earlier this year.

Hillary Clinton appeared to reference this theory during one August 1994 interview with Johnson.

“You’ve got a well-organized right-wing media operation, everything from talk radio, radical right religious broadcasting, the Wall Street Journal editorial page, the Washington Times, which are advocacy journalists,” said Clinton.

“And then you’ve got respectable mainline journalists basically in a kind of either-or, even-handed mode, you don’t have any counterbalance to this incredible 24-hour a day hate that is being spewed out.”

Clinton blamed this “right-wing media operation” for fueling public opposition to health care reform—which peaked when the First Lady was heckled by hundreds during her July 1994 speech in Seattle.

She said the protesters were recruited by a “[Rush] Limbaugh clone” on local radio and that the backlash against her health care plan was “fueled by abortion, gays, and guns.”

http://freebeacon.com/politics/clinton-foundation-head-accused-clintons-of-paranoia/

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 09:44:14 PM

Hillary Clinton Talks About Her Upcoming “Two Terms As President”…

Hillary Clinton isn’t just ready for 2016—she’s ready for 2020, as well.

Clinton referenced her plans for “two terms as president” during a campaign stop Wednesday in South Carolina, where she outlined her economic goals.

“I hope that at the end of my two terms as president, I will have overseen an even bigger peacetime expansion of the economy than my husband did,” Clinton said, according to Time.

“He had the biggest peacetime expansion in our history.”

Clinton, the clear frontrunner for the Democratic nomination, currently leads all major Republican candidates in general election polling, according to a RealClearPolitics average.

Clinton is set to announce a proposal to provide businesses that hire apprentices with tax credits in the hopes of lowering youth unemployment during a roundtable Wednesday afternoon in the Palmetto State.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/245306-hillary-eyeing-two-terms-in-oval-office

PenguinFire

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

That Darn Cat

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 09:46:42 PM

She is probably as trustworthy as any of the men running against her.  She is by far not my first pick.  Bernie Sanders would be my ideal president but I really doubt I will see that happening.  He is such a sweet, nice man.  Embarrassed  I am not a fan or supporter of Clinton but she is defiantly the lesser of the evils.

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 09:49:13 PM

She is probably as trustworthy as any of the men running against her.  She is by far not my first pick.  Bernie Sanders would be my ideal president but I really doubt I will see that happening.  He is such a sweet, nice man.  Embarrassed  I am not a fan or supporter of Clinton but she is defiantly the lesser of the evils.

On the evil scale, from 1 to 10, how evil is she compared to bush?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 91 »
  Print  

Jump to: