Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 11:41:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 91 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Hillary Clinton Trustworthy?  (Read 234697 times)
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 07:02:55 PM

Hillary Campaign Dumps Talking Points In Favor Of Having All Supporters Read From The Same Script…

One day in May, operatives from a Washington-based super PAC gathered New Hampshire mayors, state representatives and local politicos at St. Anselm College for a day of training.

They rehearsed their personal tales of how they met Hillary Rodham Clinton and why they support her for president. They sharpened their defenses of her record as secretary of state. They scripted their arguments for why the Democratic front-runner has been “a lifetime champion of income opportunity.” And they polished their on-camera presentations in a series of mock interviews.

The objective of the sessions: to nurture a seemingly grass roots echo chamber of Clinton supporters reading from the same script across the communities that dot New Hampshire, a critical state that hosts the nation’s first presidential primary.

The super PAC, called Correct the Record, convened similar talking-point tutorials and media-training classes in May and June in three other early voting states — Iowa, South Carolina and Nevada — as well as sessions earlier this spring in California.

Presidential campaigns have for decades fed talking points to surrogates who appear on national television or introduce candidates on the stump. But the effort to script and train local supporters is unusually ambitious and illustrates the extent to which the Clinton campaign and its web of sanctioned, allied super PACs are leaving nothing to chance. […]

But asking local supporters to use talking points could undermine the organic nature of grass-roots political interactions. No longer can a journalist call up a state representative in Iowa and expect to hear his or her personal, unvarnished take on Clinton — nor can a Rotary Club member watch a fellow small-business owner talk about Clinton at their monthly luncheon — without suspecting he or she is reading from a script.

The super PAC’s effort also comes as Clinton struggles on the campaign trail to appear accessible and genuine. Some Democrats have long believed Clinton sounds too scripted on the stump, especially compared to Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.), her insurgent primary rival whose authenticity and liberal message are drawing thousands of Democrats to his rallies.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/the-making-of-a-hillary-clinton-echo-chamber/2015/07/07/01625c5e-24ae-11e5-b72c-2b7d516e1e0e_story.html

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 08:23:40 PM

----------------------------------
If bush is in power then Dissent is the highest form of patriotism. If she is in power then "You are a traitor to my government and the flag!"

jeffthebaker
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1034

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 10:54:21 PM

Are any politicians trustworthy? Besides Rand Paul, our Lord and savior.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 02:13:20 AM

Is he a politician?

PenguinFire

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

That Darn Cat

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 02:30:29 AM

Pand is our lord and savior.  Haha  I am liberal and I think I agree with Paul more than Clinton.  Embarrassed

Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 02:57:00 AM

Pand is our lord and savior.  Haha  I am liberal and I think I agree with Paul more than Clinton.  Embarrassed
I'd hope so w/ you and many other liberals. Hillary is a fraud and is in bed big time w/ the military industrial complex as well as being very in for the surveillance state sponsored by the "intelligence" agencies. Rand is just like his dad in many instances, that needs to play conservative in a GOP primary. But, Rand is trying to play the general election game at this point yet he may be losing primary voters by doing so. It's one thing to factually say that he can beat Hillary in some purple states but he needs to send more red meat to GOP voters, especially w/ the growing crowded GOP field.
freemind1
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1014

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 08:42:36 AM

If she have the same credibility as her husband the answer is no.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 02:39:02 AM

Hillary denies being subpoenaed on Benghazi...

HAD THREE SUBPOENAS, TWO BEFORE SERVER WAS WIPED...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yORSwLesTLQ

Representative Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-SC)85%
 said Hillary Clinton actually had three subpoenas, two of which were sent before her server was wiped on Wednesday’s “Hugh Hewitt Show.”

Gowdy was asked, “‘I’ve never had a subpoena,’ her words. Congressman Rep. Trey Gowdy did Hillary Clinton lie yesterday?” He answered, “It is a fact that there was a subpoena issued to her in March of 2015. But Congressman, it’s also a fact that there was a subpoena in existence from another Congressional committee far before that one. So there are two subpoenas. There are letters from Congress. And there’s a statutory obligation to her to preserve public records.” And “There was a, — think back right after Benghazi, Rep. Jason Chaffetz wrote a letter to Secretary Clinton, in fact, saying Congress has the right and the authority to investigate these attacks. That is tantamount to a ‘do not destroy’ request. Also keep in mind, Congress wrote her directly when she was Secretary of State and asked her specifically, ‘Do you ever use personal email?’ She never answered that question. She never said yes, she never said no. All right, fast forward. The Oversight Committee is looking into Benghazi. They issued a subpoena to the State Department to bring certain documents over to Congress so we can inspect them. It is that subpoena that ultimately led the State Department to give us the first eight emails we got from her.” Gowdy then said this subpoena was sent in 2013.

He added, “There was another one to the State Department. In August of 2013, there were two subpoenas sent to the State Department, which are requests for documents. But as a result of that subpoena to the State Department, the State Department then produced to us her emails. So, there is no way to claim that there was not some legal process directing that those emails be retained and ultimately produced, because they were.” And that “There were two, [subpeonas] one related to ARB documents, and one related to what we call reading room documents. And they were sent to the Department of State, asking that Congress be delivered these documents. Where that becomes important is, it was as a result of that Oversight subpoena that the Department of State first gave us any of her emails. So, clearly, her emails were covered by that subpoena, or the Department of State never would have given them to us. Now her out is going to be this, or what she thinks is her out, ‘Well, the State Department didn’t have my emails, I did.’ Which then moves us to the law, the statute, the regulation, which places on her an affirmative duty to protect and preserve public records. So, whether there’s a subpoena in place or not, the law is and has been in place, you have to preserve public record. She decided on her own what was and was not public record. And John, what’s even worse than that, I mean, think when she left office. She left office in February of 2013, right? … She didn’t delete and wipe clean that server until the fall of 2014, 20 months later, after she left.”

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2015/07/08/gowdy-hillary-had-three-subpoenas-two-before-server-was-wiped/

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 03:24:21 AM

Hillary Campaign Holding Workshops For Supporters To Work On Ways To “Help Humanize Her”…

…Kathy Sullivan, a Democratic National Committee member from New Hampshire who attended the training, said it helped her “talk about the Hillary Clinton we know.” The session included a workshop in which supporters turned to the supporters sitting next to them and practiced sharing anecdotes about Clinton that help humanize her.

“We would each tell a personal story about Hillary Clinton that is an example of the qualities about her that make her attractive as a candidate. as opposed to listing a lot of policy positions,” Sullivan said.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/the-making-of-a-hillary-clinton-echo-chamber/2015/07/07/01625c5e-24ae-11e5-b72c-2b7d516e1e0e_story.html

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 01:38:44 PM

Rand Paul: Hillary Clinton Was Lying to Congress on Benghazi

Senator Rand Paul: I find it very hard to believe that Hillary Clinton didn’t know. In fact, she was the biggest cheerleader for sending these arms and redistributing these arms. And the reason why this is an important issue, many of the people who received these arms are not friends to America. Many of them are linked to al-Qaeda, al-Nusra. Some of these weapons may well have ended up in the hands of those who became ISIS. So this is no small fact…

…I don’t think our public officials should be able to come before Congressional committees and lie. But it’s also concerning because the big problem we face with ISIS, did it have anything to do with Hillary Clinton arming people who either became ISIS or are friends or allies with ISIS.

Bill Hemmer: Do you think she was lying? Is that what you’re saying, senator?

Rand Paul: I think there’s a very good chance. Because I think there is no way that Hillary Clinton did not know about this. Her private emails show she was the one supporting these people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GR5dH_DFJ7s

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 10:43:08 PM

Hillary's long time "aid" Huma Abedin was asked how Hillary's pussy tastes.

Her Answer?

Depends.

That's not funny! That's unacceptable!

We finally have a chance for an accomplished woman to break through the glass ceiling and become president, and this is the kind of personal attack she has to face.

So what if she is an old lesbian? Is there something wrong with that? And so what if she's incontinent and has to wear adult diapers. This is a natural part of life and getting older, and I, for one, hope we as a nation are beyond discriminating against someone like Hillary simply because she no longer has voluntary control over her urine flow.

I have the same opinion about the other personal attacks on this thread. Has every other former Secretary of State been held to this high standard? Did anyone ask where they stored their emails? Were they attacked this harshly simply because they played a significant role in getting U.S. diplomats killed and then covered it up? Those people asking Hillary about the years-old story of Benghazi at this point might as well be screaming iron my shirt!

And not only is she being attacked simply because of things she did while in office, she's even being attacked for things she said, simply because of positions she may or may not have had in the past and positions she may or may not have now. What difference does it make where her positions are? I'm glad she's avoiding interviews where these "journalists" are waiting with their sexist trick questions intended to get her to state her positions.

I think Hillary will be a great president. She's a woman, a democrat and a Clinton, and that's good enough for me.

Pentax

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 02:36:36 PM

Her Answer?

Depends.

We finally have a chance for an accomplished woman to break through the glass ceiling and become president, and this is the kind of personal attack she has to face.

So what if she is an old lesbian? Is there something wrong with that? And so what if she's incontinent and has to wear adult diapers. This is a natural part of life and getting older, and I, for one, hope we as a nation are beyond discriminating against someone like Hillary simply because she no longer has voluntary control over her urine flow.

I have the same opinion about the other personal attacks on this thread. Has every other former Secretary of State been held to this high standard? Did anyone ask where they stored their emails? Were they attacked this harshly simply because they played a significant role in getting U.S. diplomats killed and then covered it up? Those people asking Hillary about the years-old story of Benghazi at this point might as well be screaming iron my shirt!

And not only is she being attacked simply because of things she did while in office, she's even being attacked for things she said, simply because of positions she may or may not have had in the past and positions she may or may not have now. What difference does it make where her positions are? I'm glad she's avoiding interviews where these "journalists" are waiting with their sexist trick questions intended to get her to state her positions.

I think Hillary will be a great president. She's a woman, a democrat and a Clinton, and that's good enough for me.

We see this indignation at being asked questions over and over and over from this woman.

It's as if nobody has the right to question anything.  Not even the press should ask her any questions about anything actually relevant.

She is Hillary the Great and the peons should just shut up and let her keep right on doing whatever she feels like.  Above the law, beyond reproach and without an ounce of sense of responsibility for anything she has said, done, lied about or anything else.

She thinks she's royalty, that much is obvious, at least to me, and couldn't give a shit about anyone but herself.
stallion

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 03:34:51 PM

Hilary Clinton is trustworthy , yes she did lost to obama .,but she's standing up again for she firmly believes she can. I've read articles of how her party people used to work their ass off for her to win. She's a genuine person.

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 02:21:54 PM

Her Answer?

Depends.

Hillary Clinton Dominates The Pack … In Fake Twitter Followers

What's the biggest difference between Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump's Twitter followers? His are real.

When it comes to fake Twitter followers, Hillary Clinton is winning the presidential race by a landslide. Clinton has more fake followers and a higher ratio of bogus Twitter fans than any of the other main 2016 presidential contenders, a Vocativ analysis shows.

On the other end of the scale, the candidates with the lowest percentage of fake Twitter followers are Donald Trump and Bernie Sanders. Contrary to what one might guess from his reputation for extravagant self-promotion, Trump’s 2.6 million Twitter followers are 90 percent real people. Only 311,388 were deemed fake by the analysis using the tool TwitterAudit.

Bernie Sanders was tied for the highest ratio of authentic followers—90 percent of his 300,000-plus followers are real people. Then comes Gov. Jeb Bush with 89% of his followers registering as real. On the bottom of the Twitter list is Clinton, with a whopping 35 percent of her 2.3 million Twitter followers coming up as fake.

TwitterAudit, a social media analysis tool, says on its website that it judges a Twitter account’s authenticity based on its number of tweets, the date of its last tweet and the ratio of its followers to friends. The fake Twitter accounts can be bots, which are accounts run by automated software programming. They can also be accounts created by real people but with an agenda of spreading political advertisements. But under both scenarios, they are certainly not a genuine measure of candidate popularity.

http://www.vocativ.com/usa/us-politics/hillary-clinton-has-more-fake-twitter-followers-than-other-candidates/

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 11:21:22 PM

Dem Strategist Hangs Up on TV Host When Strongly Pressed on Hillary’s ‘Never Had a Subpoena’ Claim

Longtime Democratic strategist and Hillary Clinton ally Lanny Davis abruptly ended an interview on NewsmaxTV Friday after host Steve Malzberg aggressively pressed him on the former secretary of state’s claim that she “never had a subpoena” related to her emails.

The interview started tense and never recovered.

“I hate to do this to you because you’ve usually been pretty civil and fair,” Davis began. “You said you were going to start with a question and answer, and you didn’t…Then what you did is play a clip of her answer, exactly what Trey Gowdy has done — and this is Steve Malzman at his worst.”

Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 06:04:27 AM

Hillary blasts GOP rivals as 'mean-spirited' in economic policy speech

Outlining her economic agenda in a speech Monday, Hillary Clinton took aim at her Republican rivals for what she described as "mean-spirited" policies.

Clinton advocated for the middle class and a higher minimum wage as part of her "new economic reform" on Monday morning while calling out Republican candidates like Jeb Bush for being stuck in the past.

The Democratic front-runner took her first shot at Bush's comment that Americans need to work more hours. The former Florida governor had been talking about the difficulty some Americans face in getting full-time work, but the statement has been wisely interpreted as suggesting people aren't working hard enough.

"Well, he must not have met very many American workers," Clinton said to the New York City crowd. "Let him tell that to the nurse who stands on her feet all day or the teacher who is in that classroom, or the trucker who drives all night. Let him tell that to the fast-food workers marching in the streets for better pay. They don't need a lecture. They need a raise."

More...http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/hillary-blasts-gop-rivals-as-mean-spirited-in-economic-policy-speech/article/2568144
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 11:02:08 PM

Teachers Revolt Over Union’s Endorsement Of Hillary Clinton

For a union built on democracy, activist teachers are wondering how the American Federation of Teachers could have possibly endorsed Hillary Clinton for president without them knowing about it.

Candi Peterson, Washington (D.C.) Teachers’ Union, penned an article at Common Dreams in which several die-hard union activists appeared to be utterly befuddled by the national union’s sudden announcement.

Chicago activist Katie Osgood says, “I know many AFT members too and have not heard one person polled either.” The union claimed it polled members on their opinions.

According to the calculation of “Mr. Stevens,” only .04 percent of members were surveyed.

http://eagnews.org/no-freaking-way-teachers-revolt-over-unions-endorsement-of-hillary-clinton/

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
July 15, 2015, 05:23:54 PM

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/19/magazine/re-re-re-reintroducing-hillary-clinton.html?_r=0

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 03:47:30 PM

WASHINGTON (AP) — Hillary Rodham Clinton's standing is falling among Democrats, and voters view her as less decisive and inspiring than when she launched her presidential campaign just three months ago, according to a new Associated Press-GfK poll.

The survey offers a series of warning signs for the leading Democratic candidate. Most troubling, perhaps, for her prospects are questions about her compassion for average Americans, a quality that fueled President Barack Obama's two White House victories.

Just 39 percent of all Americans have a favorable view of Clinton, compared to nearly half who say they have a negative opinion of her. That's an eight-point increase in her unfavorable rating from an AP-GfK poll conducted at the end of April.

The drop in Clinton's numbers extends into the Democratic Party. Seven in 10 Democrats gave Clinton positive marks, an 11-point drop from the April survey. Nearly a quarter of Democrats now say they see Clinton in an unfavorable light.

"I used to like her, but I don't trust her," said Donald Walters of Louisville, Kentucky. "Ever since she's announced her candidacy for the presidency I just haven't liked the way she's handled things. She doesn't answer questions directly."

While Clinton's approval rating fell, Obama's stayed constant at 46 percent since April. More than 8 in 10 Democrats have a positive view of the president.

At least part of Clinton's decline may be due to questions about her character, a topic Republicans have been trying to make central to the 2016 campaign. In ads, stump speeches and online videos, they paint her as a creature of Washington who flouts the rules to get ahead.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20150716/us-dem-2016-clinton-poll-bf705a485e.html

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 06:53:39 PM

A peek inside Hillary’s Brooklyn HQ
Hillary Clinton’s campaign said media visits to the office are now welcomed. POLITICO took them up on the offer.

[...]
The original policy of prohibiting journalists from reporting on the campaign headquarters, she said, was misinterpreted as overly controlling. “When people come in for meetings, you want the operation to continue to function and that if something is overheard, or a memo is seen, it’s not going to get reported on,” Palmieri said. “It seems like that was received the wrong way.”

The Clinton campaign signed a lease on the 11th floor of 1 Pierrepont Plaza in Brooklyn Heights last April, and the campaign will expand to occupy a second floor in October.

Visitors are required to sign in on an iPad, and sign a confidentiality agreement. “You agree not to disclose any Confidential information or any information derived therefrom to any third person” and to “take all reasonable precautions to protect the confidentiality of such Confidential Information with the highest degree of care,” the statement reads.

By 10 a.m. Thursday, the open-plan office was teeming with staffers, volunteers and interns, many wearing official Clinton campaign apparel. Campaign manager Robby Mook and other senior officials were in their daily senior staff meeting when POLITICO arrived to photograph the office.

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/07/hillary-clinton-office-brooklyn-inside-look-120230.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 91 »
  Print  

Jump to: