Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 08:07:15 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 [151] 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 ... 310 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [*] 8BIT [Dark Masternodes][Anon][Roadmap Stage 4]  (Read 379544 times)
Tinkles

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 12:43:56 PM

Lol at these last 2 pages.

Dev go with something, and do it.

Been telling you to do it for weeks.

All you like to do is bicker by the looks of it.

Fix your broken blockexplorer or go with a Chainz blockexplorer that I was going for before.

Stop stalling, and blowing smoke.

Be the super dev we all want you to be, and make a change.

I will continue to call it how I see it mate, so shut me up with actions, bc as you can clearly see it wont be with your manipulative words and characteristics.

Please leave the dev alone, no one is paying him to takeover the coin.  We support what he is doing.  If you don't, please don't cause trouble here.  People here don't want to waste time like this.  We want 8BIT to succeed.

Thanks
skidog
Legendary

Activity: 1393
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 12:44:48 PM

Fix your broken blockexplorer or go with a Chainz blockexplorer that I was going for before.

I will continue to call it how I see it mate, so shut me up with actions, bc as you can clearly see it wont be with your manipulative words and characteristics.

Please leave the dev alone, no one is paying him to takeover the coin.  We support what he is doing.  If you don't, please don't cause trouble here.  People here don't want to waste time like this.  We want 8BIT to succeed.

Thanks
I am Ok with D....when will it happen? That is what is important...
8-bit-Party
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

8b 16b DEMOSCENE FTW

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2015, 01:06:20 PM

First of all, results will be officialy validated and published at 6 PM UTC (like I said yesteryday).

With official result we have a background to start a new thread. I do not want a thread to be self-moderated but I cannot accept masteretarded FUD.

I am open for ideas how to keep thread not moderated while keeping this FUDster away from community.

8-BIT PARTY 16-BIT PARTY DEMOSCENE FTW
Tinkles

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 01:08:48 PM

Lets go for the simple solution  Grin

mastertrader777
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 01:11:41 PM

Please leave the dev alone, no one is paying him to takeover the coin.  We support what he is doing.  If you don't, please don't cause trouble here.  People here don't want to waste time like this.  We want 8BIT to succeed.

Thanks

It wont happen...that's the whole point of me being here calling him out.

All he has time to do is FUD my MTR thread - which makes me chuckle.

You guys honestly can't believe in someone that acts like this...can you?

He manipulates votes with shills, tries to stick up for himself with other shills.

The guy is just derailing the project, as I stated many weeks back.

Straight up mockery, with some type a mission to cause me grief, but instead is making me laugh - and proving my point at the same time.

This is where things get interesting....

Cheers,

MasterTrader777

First of all, results will be officialy validated and published at 6 PM UTC (like I said yesteryday).

With official result we have a background to start a new thread. I do not want a thread to be self-moderated but I cannot accept masteretarded FUD.

I am open for ideas how to keep thread not moderated while keeping this FUDster away from community.

Now this guy wants to start a new thread..so he can censor the truth and manipulate you guys some more.

Perfect.

=)
8-bit-Party
Legendary

8b 16b DEMOSCENE FTW

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2015, 01:15:26 PM

I like this solution.

Please note that self-moderation cannot be disabled/enabled after thread creation so once this guy will continue his crap activity it will hurt whole project.

I am also pretty sure that as long as I will not get angry and leave this project what will let him starting his scam action again, he will not stop.

Like I said I plan to share new thread OP account with confidental community members.

So decision has to be final and made with great conviction.

skidog
Legendary

Activity: 1393

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 01:20:31 PM

Please leave the dev alone, no one is paying him to takeover the coin.  We support what he is doing.  If you don't, please don't cause trouble here.  People here don't want to waste time like this.  We want 8BIT to succeed.

Thanks

It wont happen...that's the whole point of me being here calling him out.

All he has time to do is FUD my MTR thread - which makes me chuckle.

You guys honestly can't believe in someone that acts like this...can you?

He manipulates votes with shills, tries to stick up for himself with other shills.

The guy is just derailing the project, as I stated many weeks back.

Straight up mockery, with some type a mission to cause me grief, but instead is making me laugh - and proving my point at the same time.

This is where things get interesting....

Cheers,

MasterTrader777

Now this guy wants to start a new thread..so he can censor the truth and manipulate you guys some more.

Perfect.

=)

Time will tell...
Tinkles

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 01:25:00 PM

I like this solution.

Please note that self-moderation cannot be disabled/enabled after thread creation so once this guy will continue his crap activity it will hurt whole project.

I am also pretty sure that as long as I will not get angry and leave this project what will let him starting his scam action again, he will not stop.

Like I said I plan to share new thread OP account with confidental community members.

You have done a lot of great work already Dev and shown you have the skills to takover the code too and stay active.  

It is very exciting to find a coin with nice brand like 8BIT, tiny market cap and active dev who is implementing Masternodes.

I think everyone here support you, personally I am ignoring the FUD.  

Looking forward to the official result, and nearly bought my first 8BIT masternode  Cool

Orestes

Activity: 441
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 01:39:03 PM

I like this solution.

Nothing has to be final. You could start a new thread with a certain duration, let's say a year. Then you have 1 year of self-moderation, after which you open up or extend the period. In the case of an annual thread you would have a clean slate every calender year.

Or you could go further by deciding every quarter of a year if self-moderation is necessary or not. If we need to swith because of external influences then we can mandate a switch. Regardless of that, every year could be a clean slate (new thread[2015, 2016, 20xx]).

The point is that nothing needs to be definite as long as there is a solid code of conduct.
Tinkles

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 01:45:27 PM

I like this solution.

Nothing has to be final. You could start a new thread with a certain duration, let's say a year. Then you have 1 year of self-moderation, after which you open up or extend the period. In the case of an annual thread you would have a clean slate every calender year.

Or you could go further by deciding every quarter of a year if self-moderation is necessary or not. If we need to swith because of external influences then we can mandate a switch. Regardless of that, every year could be a clean slate (new thread[2015, 2016, 20xx]).

The point is that nothing needs to be definite as long as there is a solid code of conduct.

Moderated thread is seen as a bad thing.  I don't think we need it.  As the community grows stronger and we talk about 8BIT the FUD becomes meaningless if we ignore it.  Dash thread is open and has a lot of FUD and they deal with it fine.  I think when the Dev releases the next version and we have a new thread the FUD won't be able to distract anyone because everyone will be busy with 8BIT  Cool
Orestes

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 01:58:17 PM

I like this solution.

Moderated thread is seen as a bad thing.  I don't think we need it.  As the community grows stronger and we talk about 8BIT the FUD becomes meaningless if we ignore it.  Dash thread is open and has a lot of FUD and they deal with it fine.  I think when the Dev releases the next version and we have a new thread the FUD won't be able to distract anyone because everyone will be busy with 8BIT  Cool

What is seen is a matter of popularity. In a bearish market those that turn sour are the most vocal, while in a bull market the opposite is true. It's not that hard to see the major cycles of a coin, we could go with the flow until the coin has some stable roots.

In regards to the Dash comparison, Dash already has a lot going for it while 8Bit is not even at the inception. 8Bits position is far more fragile. Imo it's like comparing an adult/infant to an adult/adolescent relation. To the adolescent moderation would indeed seem like a bad thing, but who would benefit the most?
Tinkles

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 02:03:33 PM

@Orestes

I apologize I don't think I communicated my points well enough..they are simply

a) moderated thread is seen as a bad thing period

b) my comparison to Dash was just that it gets a lot of FUD and always had a non-moderated thread since day 1 (and they just ignore FUD and that works).  8BIT also uses Dash code like Masternodes.  I am not meaning any other comparison at this stage.

Just give my opinion.  I will go with what the Dev does Cheesy
8-bit-Party
Legendary

8b 16b DEMOSCENE FTW

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2015, 02:11:02 PM

STEP 2
RESTORE MISSING INFRASTRUCTURE

level 5
level complete

• seed nodes

We all know how fixed list of nodes speed up syncing process and blockchain propagation. Yes, we have published a bootstrap file (last update: yesterday), but it's always better to have a list of peers you can rely on. Incoming release of new 8bit wallet will have them included. How to get this feature now, before official update?
We have created extremely simple and efficient technology (DNS based, you do not have to install nor configure anything) allowing us to publish up to date list of peers. We have started internal tests a week ago. Beta test has finished yesterday. Passed.

DEADLINE: today, 2015-07-13 UTC
met

Put following nodes to your 8bit.conf:
Code:
addnode=node00.8-bit.party
addnode=node01.8-bit.party
addnode=node02.8-bit.party
addnode=node03.8-bit.party
addnode=node04.8-bit.party
addnode=node05.8-bit.party
addnode=node06.8-bit.party
addnode=node07.8-bit.party
addnode=node08.8-bit.party
addnode=node09.8-bit.party
addnode=node10.8-bit.party
addnode=node11.8-bit.party
addnode=node12.8-bit.party
addnode=node13.8-bit.party
addnode=node14.8-bit.party
addnode=node15.8-bit.party
addnode=node16.8-bit.party
addnode=node17.8-bit.party
addnode=node18.8-bit.party
addnode=node19.8-bit.party
addnode=node20.8-bit.party

It does not mean there are new 21 nodes. I have made a simple DNS and 8bitd based software which will maintain list of seed nodes. Since now you don't have to add any other nodes. Anytime you restart 8bit wallet it will fetch fresh nodes. While 8bit network will grow those hostnames will gather and gather new nodes. Credits: round-robin technique.

If you have IPv6 connectivity you can also add (they can be unreachable ATM since DNS zone has to refresh):

Code:
addnode=6node00.8-bit.party
addnode=6node01.8-bit.party
addnode=6node02.8-bit.party
addnode=6node03.8-bit.party

Enjoy.

Orestes

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 02:18:02 PM

@Orestes

I apologize I don't think I communicated my points well enough..they are simply

a) moderated thread is seen as a bad thing period

b) my comparison to Dash was just that it gets a lot of FUD and always had a non-moderated thread since day 1 (and they just ignore FUD and that works).  8BIT also uses Dash code like Masternodes.  I am not meaning any other comparison at this stage.

Just give my opinion.  I will go with what the Dev does Cheesy

No need for apologies I'm just toying around with ideas myself Wink.

What is currently being done by others does not necessarily mean its best practice, I think all options need to be considered.

a) there is bad "parenting" and there is just parenting. it's impossible to do the right thing. what matters is what works for 8bit.

b) The disillusionment in 8Bit has been far greater than anything Dash has ever seen i think. Even if we are to find a steady climb doubters will rain on the parade screaming beware the bagholders etc etc. This could be an oppertunity to close it up and make things more unilateral, the less noise the more productive the environment.

Now don't get me wrong, im all for transparency without any form of moderation. It's just a word of caution or remedy not to cast pearls before swine, until it can take the hit.

What does the Dev think?
Tinkles

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 02:43:56 PM

STEP 2
RESTORE MISSING INFRASTRUCTURE

level 5

Thanks for the progress Dev! Cheesy

@Orestes: +1, see what the dev decides to do. 
ShopemNL
Legendary

Activity: 1025

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2015, 03:06:34 PM

Nice job on the nodes!

8-bit-Party
Legendary

8b 16b DEMOSCENE FTW

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2015, 03:36:19 PM

What does the Dev think?

I will keep observing comments related to this. We will make decision this week. Meanwhile I have to launch a public testnet, commit new economy model to github and start testing.

I don't recognize any other coin which changed masternode cost, also dash masternode cost check does not know current height so masternode related code has to be changed in few places. Therefore well prepared and performed testing is absolutely necessary step here.

At this moment I need testers and testnet nodes, testers should be able to build a binary from github source, eventually I will publish linux static binary. No windows nor macos binaries will be released by me this week. If someone else wanna do it - fine, anyway I don't trust binaries from third parties so it's not something I recommend.

More detailed roadmap for incoming weeks TBA soon.

dbt1033
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 04:23:05 PM

Keep it up 8-bit-party.

Love this guy.  No talk, no bs.  He just gets shit done.

Thank you for your help with 8-bit. 
soco

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 06:05:29 PM

8-bit-Party has my respect. I appreciate all you have done for the community.

Thanks so much!

soco
8-bit-Party
Legendary

8b 16b DEMOSCENE FTW

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2015, 06:17:35 PM

OK so here we are with official and validated results:

Code:
A. 888     |     1.0     |     0.80 	- 0
B. 888     |     1.2     |     0.88 - 0
C. 888     |     0.8     |     0.60 - 0
D. 1024    |     1.0     |     0.80 - 7 (36.84%)   8-bit-Party soco SharpNieSharp LeSmoke GrandTheftNation willapl pinemool
E. 512     |     1.2     |     0.88 - 3 (15.79%)   evb catotune drays
F. 888     |     1.208   |     0.888    - 2 (10.53%)   allZuckedUp Orestes
G. 1000    |     1.0     |     0.10     - 1 ( 5.26%)   blackyblack
H. 888     |     0.888   |     0.4848 - 6 (31.58%)   bstone2 Fedoracoins skidog TimC torrantz blooding_sorrow
Total voters: 19

The winner is: D

New economy model will be:
  • masternode cost: 1024 8BIT
  • block reward: 1 8BIT
  • masternode reward: 0.8 8BIT
  • PoS part reward: 0.2 8BIT

Conclusion:
  • masternode cost will be 914% more expensive
  • inflation will be reduced 16.67%
  • masternode reward will be reduced 9%

In my humble opinion those results fit community demand shown during last ten weeks.

NOW WE CAN FOCUS ON CREATING COIN VALUE

by the way

Have you spotted masternode number reduction last days? It's growing again!

Seems like some mn investors were not sure if voting result will keep masternodes worth of running. I am happy to see they are coming back. Or rather maybe new investors came? Anyway, it's always cool to see a growth.

For all those who have issues with running masternodes.

Describe your problem here. We can help.

Instead of watching growing number of masternodes run your own one and help spreading distribution across more users.
This is extremely important to keep network balanced.

Pages: « 1 ... 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 [151] 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 ... 310 »
  Print  

Jump to: