Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:58:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 »
  Print  
Author Topic: AURORACOIN - Empowering Financial Freedom  (Read 138024 times)
soltantgris

Activity: 741
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 10:08:53 PM
Last edit: March 09, 2016, 10:51:57 PM by soltantgris

The effort is ''international'' - but the target and the ''direction'' is from Iceland, no doubt in my mind. Its a free world, but guys from US, Canada and Neatherland are all supporting the icelandic crew. And this icelandic crew is growing lately !  Larus, and Gudmundur joined Hlynur, Petur and Hermann - and i know for a fact that it is just a matter of time before way more people from iceland embrace the project actively.  

The target is 330 000 angry ppl in iceland - and we are now planning the campaign circle May 1 - and I would like people here to focus on that matter ! I don't want to spoil the show, but I know that one of the effort may be a massive bus station Auroracoin poster exposure (100 bus station geant posters for 1 week so we attract people attention). Not sure if it's already decided by the icelandic crew - but it was something they considered a lot, and I think it would be a very good (but somewhat expensive) approach.  

What you guys think ?  
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
apcoins

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 11:36:14 PM

I have made contact with a government official in Iceland and will be mailing her all the details about AUR and if it will be legal to implement the ISK/AUR exchange. I will be mentioning you can use AUR to buy bitcoin but also that it will be used mainly for use in Iceland. Should have answer back next month, I will also be giving the details of the 3
foundation members. Once I have feedback from her I will inform the community to let you know what the real situation is so you more informed.

Please can the foundation members PM me your numbers and email addresses so she can get in contact with you to find out more information.

Pétur Árnason (IC) - Chairman of the Aurarad foundation
Hermann  Finnbjörnsson (IC) - Boardmember of the Aurarad foundation
Hlynur Þór Björnsson (IC) - Boardmember of the Aurarad foundation

Will this email address aurarad@aurarad.is be fine ?

Did this ever happen, you still need my phone number? Perhaps you can PM me the name of the government official, i can call him for you
dinobotta

Activity: 248
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 12:41:42 AM

The Icelandic Internal Revenue Office has declared Auroracoin and Bitcoin exempt from VAT(Value added tax) in Iceland.

"Lost coins only make everyone else’s coins worth slightly more. Think of it as a donation to everyone". Satoshi Nakamoto
LTEX
Legendary

Activity: 1023
Merit: 1000

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2016, 07:05:10 AM

The effort is ''international'' - but the target and the ''direction'' is from Iceland, no doubt in my mind. Its a free world, but guys from US, Canada and Neatherland are all supporting the icelandic crew. And this icelandic crew is growing lately !  Larus, and Gudmundur joined Hlynur, Petur and Hermann - and i know for a fact that it is just a matter of time before way more people from iceland embrace the project actively.  

The target is 330 000 angry ppl in iceland - and we are now planning the campaign circle May 1 - and I would like people here to focus on that matter ! I don't want to spoil the show, but I know that one of the effort may be a massive bus station Auroracoin poster exposure (100 bus station geant posters for 1 week so we attract people attention). Not sure if it's already decided by the icelandic crew - but it was something they considered a lot, and I think it would be a very good (but somewhat expensive) approach.  

What you guys think ?  

Please save us the sentimental bullshit, we are all here to make money from AUR, there is far more countries in a less fortunate situation then Iceland but Iceland is a easy target to get on the crypto train because it's a small country and everyone is in one city. Change comes from within not from abroad, coins like NLG are run by Dutch people and there is a good chance they care about what they doing because they exacting change within their own borders.

This is the same as the US invading the middle east to bring about change, how has this worked out? All dealings within Iceland must be done by the foundation members who are from Iceland not by the foreign developers.

Hmm, let's see:

NLG dev team:

Rijk: Dutch
Malcolm: South Africa
Jason: South Africa
Frank: Germany

Any more stupid uneducated remarks?

A fool will just look at the finger, even if it points to paradise!
ny2cafuse
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002

HODL for life.

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 07:14:39 AM

What you guys think ?  

Please save us the sentimental bullshit, we are all here to make money from AUR, there is far more countries in a less fortunate situation then Iceland but Iceland is a easy target to get on the crypto train because it's a small country and everyone is in one city. Change comes from within not from abroad, coins like NLG are run by Dutch people and there is a good chance they care about what they doing because they exacting change within their own borders.

This is the same as the US invading the middle east to bring about change, how has this worked out? All dealings within Iceland must be done by the foundation members who are from Iceland not by the foreign developers.

So confused, mate.  So are you on the side of the foundation wanting to make their focus a coin for Iceland, or are you condemning them for having foreigners help with technical details?

Soltantgris even talks about something the foundation is looking into doing in Iceland, but you call his post sentimental bullshit.

Do you want to maybe clarify your position?

-Fuse

Community > Devs
ny2cafuse
Legendary

HODL for life.

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 07:25:41 AM

Are you doing this out of the goodness of your heart?

After NLG, pretty much, mate.  I do own AUR, but anything short of my family on the verge of being homeless, I won't sell it until I step foot inside of Iceland's borders.  In fact, I'm probably the lowest holding member of the team.  In fact, I'm almost entirely certain I am.

I made enough coin over the years to consider my time in crypto worthwhile.  It's paid for xmas and birthdays and such over the years.  But honestly, mate... I just want to be involved with something where I'm at least appreciated and listened to.  Coming from the hell that was last year, I'm happy that they asked me to help with AUR.  I don't get paid anything, I don't even expect anything out of it.  If I can be a part of something worthwhile, that's all I need.

I know that might be hard to believe, but you should be able to recognize the difference between where we came from and AUR.

-Fuse

Community > Devs
BauldersGate

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 08:19:57 AM

Are you doing this out of the goodness of your heart?

After NLG, pretty much, mate.  I do own AUR, but anything short of my family on the verge of being homeless, I won't sell it until I step foot inside of Iceland's borders.  In fact, I'm probably the lowest holding member of the team.  In fact, I'm almost entirely certain I am.

I made enough coin over the years to consider my time in crypto worthwhile.  It's paid for xmas and birthdays and such over the years.  But honestly, mate... I just want to be involved with something where I'm at least appreciated and listened to.  Coming from the hell that was last year, I'm happy that they asked me to help with AUR.  I don't get paid anything, I don't even expect anything out of it.  If I can be a part of something worthwhile, that's all I need.

I know that might be hard to believe, but you should be able to recognize the difference between where we came from and AUR.

-Fuse

I believe you about being one of the lowers holders in the team. LTEX, Biomike and Kenchanyu are the biggest holders according to a discussion on the old ANN besides the 1 million kept with the foundation.

Kenchanyu said he only owned 1% of the mined coins? I lost interest in this coin when the premine was destroyed and then admittedly tried to hype it to sell for a good profit. I bought back in quietly over the last few months when the price went really low as I saw the team didn't give up.

The largest holder imo is still the dev who created AUR. A lot of the 5 million airdrop was stolen and this was proven by various members in the btctalk community which is why it is a good thing you started a new announcement page to try hide that history.

What started off as a scam can still be made into something special by a honest team.
adamastor

Activity: 403
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 08:50:07 AM

What you guys think ?  

Hmm, let's see:

NLG dev team:

Who are these devs from SA?

Is there any hope of getting their details?
LTEX
Legendary

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2016, 08:59:34 AM

Hmm, let's see:

NLG dev team:

Who are these devs from SA?

Is there any hope of getting their details?

You can find them on the Gulden ANN (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1343317.msg14137745#msg14137745) Malcolm = MaNi, Jason = WaterLooDown.

Come to think of it, Gulden might actually suit you and your goals better then AUR my friend. They have two South African Dev's, they have large supply and aim to become a worldwide innovative payment system. They have been underpriced for years now, so your investors can buy in cheap!

I tell you what, I'm happy to trade all your AUR against NLG, so you can join efforts there with the same relative amount of coins. I've got plenty of NLG to cover your load.

Just let me know  Smiley

Auroracoin (OP)

Activity: 61
Merit: 5

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2016, 09:14:23 AM

thsminer

Activity: 332
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 10:05:42 AM

What you guys think ?  

The "all" in your post suggests that you speak for many? Dont think so, what you basicaly say is "I am here to make profit". Maybe you would benefit from looking a litle bit further as your keyboard and your wallet. In your mind it's all about making profit, pulling someones leg or be the first to grab the candy. That exactly the attitude that brought us in the economic situation we encounter. Greed my friend is a very bad counselor... Due to that a lot of people lost the ability to understand that it's giving and taking, sowing and reaping and in that order also! You probably don't understand all this but you would benefit if you just used your brains instead of your mouth.
Whistleblowa

Activity: 31

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 10:47:54 AM

What you guys think ?  

The "all" in your post suggests that you speak for many? Dont think so, what you basicaly say is "I am here to make profit". Maybe you would benefit from looking a litle bit further as your keyboard and your wallet. In your mind it's all about making profit, pulling someones leg or be the first to grab the candy. That exactly the attitude that brought us in the economic situation we encounter. Greed my friend is a very bad counselor... Due to that a lot of people lost the ability to understand that it's giving and taking, sowing and reaping and in that order also! You probably don't understand all this but you would benefit if you just used your brains instead of your mouth.

I do speak for you, please save us all from the "save the world lectures" that only kindergarten kids would take seriously.

Ouch... that indeed hurts. But also learnt a lesson not to panic sell but look at the market first and then decide what to do. It's still a gamble, but an educated gamble...  Wink
Maybe whitin a couple of years you laugh about that trade and look at your investment as a very good deal.

For Danslip: Please don't argue with one of the developers of AUR. Please take the time to read the entire OP to see that 90% of the people that post here are from the dev team.
LTEX
Legendary

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2016, 11:23:05 AM
Last edit: March 10, 2016, 11:35:51 AM by LTEX

No one is telling anyone here to back off. We just like you guys to respect the fact that all members of our team share the same clear vision as to why we dedicate our time and efforts to this project.

I can understand perfectly well there are some of you that are here for speculation and profit. Nothing wrong with that. Perhaps you can also understand that the foundation under your future profits lies not in hypes and pumps, but rather in real development of a strong user base in Iceland. So perhaps I can ask you kindly once more to have speculation discussions in the post Molecular was so kind to setup? You can find it here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1067036.0

We as a team have chosen to invest in the long term. That means we are going to build on real acceptance of Auroracoin in Iceland. For this we have been building a strong foundation. This exists not only of the new multi-algo code, but also in the AUR-ISK exchange we have build (beta.ix.is).

Currently we are working on a detailed marketing plan that involves real commercials in Iceland. We are (rather soon) going to start a campaign with huge posters in all 100 bus terminals around Reykjavik, which will look like this:

The terminals have over 5 million driveby's a week! This means that in one week most people have become familiar with our logo and name. It also makes Auroracoin something that is real. Once we start unfolding our releases to the press people in Iceland are going to say "Hey, I saw that at the busstop before" Rather then "Hmmm, some internet thing from a couple of nerds".

The board members of the foundation are visiting our Dutch team on the 24th - 27th of march to work dedicated on future marketing plans. We expect a lot of local media coverage and are especially excited to announce the launch of the ISX exchange. This will be the first time since the currency controls came in effect that people of Iceland have direct access to a cryptocurrency with ISK.

And there is one very big thing in the making that will probably get over 100K Icelanders actively using AUR within this year. All of this from within Iceland and together with businesses that have chosen to partner up with us!

soltantgris

Activity: 741
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 12:03:34 PM

No one is telling anyone here to back off. We just like you guys to respect the fact that all members of our team share the same clear vision as to why we dedicate our time and efforts to this project.

I can understand perfectly well there are some of you that are here for speculation and profit. Nothing wrong with that. Perhaps you can also understand that the foundation under your future profits lies not in hypes and pumps, but rather in real development of a strong user base in Iceland. So perhaps I can ask you kindly once more to have speculation discussions in the post Molecular was so kind to setup? You can find it here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1067036.0

We as a team have chosen to invest in the long term. That means we are going to build on real acceptance of Auroracoin in Iceland. For this we have been building a strong foundation. This exists not only of the new multi-algo code, but also in the AUR-ISK exchange we have build (beta.ix.is).

Currently we are working on a detailed marketing plan that involves real commercials in Iceland. We are (rather soon) going to start a campaign with huge posters in all 100 bus terminals around Reykjavik, which will look like this:

The terminals have over 5 million driveby's a week! This means that in one week most people have become familiar with our logo and name. It also makes Auroracoin something that is real. Once we start unfolding our releases to the press people in Iceland are going to say "Hey, I saw that at the busstop before" Rather then "Hmmm, some internet thing from a couple of nerds".

The board members of the foundation are visiting our Dutch team on the 24th - 27th of march to work dedicated on future marketing plans. We expect a lot of local media coverage and are especially excited to announce the launch of the ISX exchange. This will be the first time since the currency controls came in effect that people of Iceland have direct access to a cryptocurrency with ISK.

And there is one very big thing in the making that will probably get over 100K Icelanders actively using AUR within this year. All of this from within Iceland and together with businesses that have chosen to partner up with us!

I would suggest we ''rework'' the design a bit, but anyway I do like the idea a lot.  So few days before to open the exchange and few before the press release in and out iceland - this will attract people curiosity - and encourage convos about AUR.  April 27-28 ?  My understanding is there was not many avalaible week.
Whistleblowa

Activity: 31

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 12:20:27 PM

http://new.auroracoin.is/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Bus-add-1.jpg

What is your marketing background LTEX?
Bimmerhead
Legendary

Activity: 1291

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 02:58:27 PM

Danslip, perhaps you have some skills you could add to this project to help enhance the value of your investment.

Programmer? Graphic artist? Website building? Or maybe you could offer a bounty so that others who aren't as fortune as you can build something for Auroracoin?

The more participation - real participation, not peanut gallery stuff - we get, the faster your investment is likely to appreciate.
TheSignsGuy

Activity: 318
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 04:58:31 PM

I would suggest we ''rework'' the design a bit, but anyway I do like the idea a lot.  So few days before to open the exchange and few before the press release in and out iceland - this will attract people curiosity - and encourage convos about AUR.  April 27-28 ?  My understanding is there was not many avalaible week.

Just chiming in to say that I love the idea of the bus stop advertising.

With people waiting around for their ride, looking up AUR would almost be second nature.

The straightforward simplicity of the design is nice, which will give drivers on the roads, and those from a distance, some image impact also.

I understand that this is a "rough", and believe that since this is local and focused, those involved will know what works best, but wanted to point out that some kind of blurb that explains really quickly what AUR is could be a good idea to include, such as "Currency Empowering Financial Freedom", along with some finer print (for those up close) explaining how this will benefit the user, and of course a QR code, linking to an appropriate website.

Excited to see what is happening!
ny2cafuse
Legendary

HODL for life.

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 05:12:48 PM

Just chiming in to say that I love the idea of the bus stop advertising.

With people waiting around for their ride, looking up AUR would almost be second nature.

The straightforward simplicity of the design is nice, which will give drivers on the roads, and those from a distance, some image impact also.

I understand that this is a "rough", and believe that since this is local and focused, those involved will know what works best, but wanted to point out that some kind of blurb that explains really quickly what AUR is could be a good idea to include, such as "Currency Empowering Financial Freedom", along with some finer print (for those up close) explaining how this will benefit the user, and of course a QR code, linking to an appropriate website.

Excited to see what is happening!

I think the guys were planning on including some info like that in text that can be read up close.  I don't think they were going to include a ton of info, but at least add the website and contact information for further research.  Maybe a little more, but not entirely sure.  I know the overall design goal is to be simple, clean, and highly visible.

From what the guys were saying, it seems most people know about Auroracoin in Iceland already because of the airdrop campaign.  I take this ad initiative as an awareness campaign of sorts, but the foundation members could probably give greater insight into the plan and goals.

-Fuse

Community > Devs
LemonAndFriesOne
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 05:14:17 PM

How about a slogan like: "Escape the bank, be your own bank"

Seeing as Icelanders have it out for the bankers.
ny2cafuse
Legendary

HODL for life.

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 05:18:22 PM

How about a slogan like: "Escape the bank, be your own bank"

Seeing as Icelanders have it out for the bankers.

For some reason, "Empowering financial freedom" comes to mind Wink

Would be cool though if there was hidden text on the poster, like ghost print.  At that point you could say whatever you wanted about the bankers. Grin

-Fuse

Community > Devs
Pages: « 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 »
  Print  

Jump to: