Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 05:21:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 [87] 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 »
  Print  
Author Topic: AURORACOIN - Empowering Financial Freedom  (Read 138024 times)
LTEX
Legendary

Activity: 1023
Merit: 1000

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2016, 04:17:45 PM

I work at a large Dutch financial company on the South axis of Amsterdam and promoting this kind of technology requires a bit more than bus stop posters and press releases. One might even say that the team that I am a part of is heavily invested from a know-how stand point in blockchain as it is, just hadn't noticed this project before. One of the perks of being a member is knowing quite a bit about the industry as a whole, promoting said financial products isn't easy. How is this project doing amongst early adopters/tech-fiends/cryptocurrency world in general? It's going to be quite hard to convince regular folks of the 'Why' and to put their trust into something like Auroracoin. Wish you all the best though, hope it works out!

Dank je!

I do understand where you come from. I know the Dutch market quite well and also a campaign like this would not cut wood in the Netherlands. This is however the main reason we are supporting Auroracoin as a project in Iceland. If you would read a bit about it's history you will understand that convincing 330.000 people in a land that has been damaged over and over by financial crises is much easier than 17 million people that live like Eloys in wealthy environment.

If you like to know more, I'm more than happy to educate you in Dutch on the possibilities of this project.

A fool will just look at the finger, even if it points to paradise!
LTEX
Legendary

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2016, 04:22:54 PM

So the ad campaign is using curiosity part from people, ok lets see what happens

Yup, we want to create a subconscious feeling of reality towards the brand Auroracoin first. After we launch the campaigns to promote the AUR-ISK exchange and our, still to unveil, merchant platform, people will have seen the brand live and that generates a feeling of trust.

CECVW
Legendary

Activity: 961

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 04:40:28 PM

This latest article from cointelegrsph sets auroracoin  up really nicely for a big surprise next month.

http://cointelegraph.com/news/saving-icelands-economy-did-auroracoin-fail-its-mission

At the end she lets slip that an icelandic bank has started a campaign to educate icelanders about crypto currency.

Expect auroracoin to be part of this strategic campaign, still to be announced next month.

Auroracoin is trading at a massive discount here.

I think this part of the article is wrong ''Within a month of the launch, less than 10% of Icelanders had picked up their free money, and the price fell and flatlined. It is now worth $0.330647, down from over $30 at its highest.'' Didn't it go to $90?

⏲⏳⏲⏳⏲     WIRELESS COIN     ⏲⏳⏲⏳⏲
══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
⏲  FORUM THREADGITHUBTWITTERSLACK 1 #time-travellers-yet/#wlcSLACK 2 #21_tickets/#wlc  ⏲
LTEX
Legendary

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2016, 04:43:05 PM

This latest article from cointelegrsph sets auroracoin  up really nicely for a big surprise next month.

http://cointelegraph.com/news/saving-icelands-economy-did-auroracoin-fail-its-mission

At the end she lets slip that an icelandic bank has started a campaign to educate icelanders about crypto currency.

Expect auroracoin to be part of this strategic campaign, still to be announced next month.

I think this part of the article is wrong ''Within a month of the launch, less than 10% of Icelanders had picked up their free money, and the price fell and flatlined. It is now worth $0.330647, down from over $30 at its highest.'' Didn't it go to $90?

It touched $ 88 for a few seconds, correct. I think however that she's more wrong by stating it went down from that to $ 0.3. It actually is now up to $ 0.3 from $ 0.0! We had some fluctuations in between though  Grin

CECVW
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 04:52:22 PM

It touched $ 88 for a few seconds, correct. I think however that she's more wrong by stating it went down from that to $ 0.3. It actually is now up to $ 0.3 from $ 0.0! We had some fluctuations in between though  Grin

Thanks LTEX for confirming that. Also in that article says:

'' A number of factors have contributed to Auroracoin’s whiffing away. First of all, even though the airdropping ensured a built-in group of users, it did not give them any place to spend the money, as it did not have any strong retail support.

Due to heavy traffic, the Auroracoin website crashed many times, significantly slowing down confirmation times for receiving coins, which made trading almost impossible.''

My question is  is there now any place to spend Aurora and where, is there a strong retail support now? and are you ready for the heavy traffic now...have you tested the new exchange for the any inconvenience , heavy traffic crash etc?

Thanks

══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
⏲  FORUM THREADGITHUBTWITTERSLACK 1 #time-travellers-yet/#wlcSLACK 2 #21_tickets/#wlc  ⏲
Good2Great

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 04:53:51 PM

Please educate me on the matter as well as i'd like to know how the group intends to get folks from Iceland on-board in using Auroracoin? (asking from the point of view of just trying to better understand myself) What's the Pirate's party take on Auroracoin?

I work at a large Dutch financial company on the South axis of Amsterdam and promoting this kind of technology requires a bit more than bus stop posters and press releases. One might even say that the team that I am a part of is heavily invested from a know-how stand point in blockchain as it is, just hadn't noticed this project before. One of the perks of being a member is knowing quite a bit about the industry as a whole, promoting said financial products isn't easy. How is this project doing amongst early adopters/tech-fiends/cryptocurrency world in general? It's going to be quite hard to convince regular folks of the 'Why' and to put their trust into something like Auroracoin. Wish you all the best though, hope it works out!

Dank je!

I do understand where you come from. I know the Dutch market quite well and also a campaign like this would not cut wood in the Netherlands. This is however the main reason we are supporting Auroracoin as a project in Iceland. If you would read a bit about it's history you will understand that convincing 330.000 people in a land that has been damaged over and over by financial crises is much easier than 17 million people that live like Eloys in wealthy environment.

If you like to know more, I'm more than happy to educate you in Dutch on the possibilities of this project.
LTEX
Legendary

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2016, 04:59:44 PM

'' A number of factors have contributed to Auroracoin’s whiffing away. First of all, even though the airdropping ensured a built-in group of users, it did not give them any place to spend the money, as it did not have any strong retail support.

Due to heavy traffic, the Auroracoin website crashed many times, significantly slowing down confirmation times for receiving coins, which made trading almost impossible.''

My question is  is there now any place to spend Aurora and where, is there a strong retail support now? and are you ready for the heavy traffic now...have you tested the new exchange for the any inconvenience , heavy traffic crash etc?

Thanks

Well, I can almost positively state here, there are no merchants accepting AUR officially yet. We are also happy about that, for the strong foundation to support that would not have been ready. That's what our team has been working on the past year, preparing to re-launch Auroracoin the right way, with all the tools and structures in place.

This is going to unfold very fast after the first busstop campaign. We are not going to hype anything that is not actually live, so you have to maintain a little more patience.

LTEX
Legendary

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2016, 05:07:14 PM

Please educate me on the matter as well as i'd like to know how the group intends to get folks from Iceland on-board in using Auroracoin? (asking from the point of view of just trying to better understand myself) What's the Pirate's party take on Auroracoin?

We have a strong presence in Iceland now. Next to the official foundation in Reykjavik, we now have a large group of people, including influential entrepreneurs working on the re-launch of this project.

One of the biggest flaws of the initial startup of this project was the lack of a true AUR-ISK exchange. We have that operational now and it will go live in the first week of May. This was our most essential target next to a solid and functional blockchain, which we accomplished by porting the Digibyte (based on Myriad) code. We also have been working on a platform to make it ridiculously easy and safe for merchants to start accepting AUR as means of payment.

And to answer your question relating the Pirate Party, our foundation has had meetings with their members before. They embrace the possibilities of crypto currencies and are very interested in our project. We do however refrain from any political stance.

CECVW
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 05:22:47 PM

Thanks

Well, I can almost positively state here, there are no merchants accepting AUR officially yet. We are also happy about that, for the strong foundation to support that would not have been ready. That's what our team has been working on the past year, preparing to re-launch Auroracoin the right way, with all the tools and structures in place.

This is going to unfold very fast after the first busstop campaign. We are not going to hype anything that is not actually live, so you have to maintain a little more patience.

You raise very good points and make sense but allow me to ask this ''This is going to unfold very fast after the first busstop campaign'' how are you so certain saying ''  This is going to'' instead of saying '' This  could go'' I mean is good to be positive and all, and I hope  you are right but nobody can know what is going to be the outcome till it actually happens Smiley Please can you explain this level of enthusiasm? Also have you been approached yet by any merchants to  install Aurora pay system in their business or anything similar? I am not trying to be negative or doubting you , all the opposite, I do support your project and I think you are doing a good job so far but we need to reassure people why you feel so strong about things will happen Smiley

LTEX
Legendary

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2016, 05:26:48 PM

Thanks

You raise very good points and make sense but allow me to ask this ''This is going to unfold very fast after the first busstop campaign'' how are you so certain saying ''  This is going to'' instead of saying '' This  could go'' I mean is good to be positive and all, and I hope  you are right but nobody can know what is going to be the outcome till it actually happens Smiley Please can you explain this level of enthusiasm? Also have you been approached yet by any merchants to  install Aurora pay system in their business or anything similar? I am not trying to be negative or doubting you , all the opposite, I do support your project and I think you are doing a good job so far but we need to reassure people why you feel so strong about things will happen Smiley

Well, by saying "This is going to unfold very fast" I mean the releases of what we have been preparing. To me they are no uncertainties because I'm involved in their development.

AllLivesMatter

Activity: 57

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 05:48:49 PM

AUR will be $1 within a month. Bitcoin price about to go +$500 and AUR to 100 000 sat. I don't care about the price but when Icelanders see $1 it will have a positive psychological impact.
Good2Great

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 07:14:39 PM

Thanks for that info LTEX.

Some other questions I'm hoping you can help answer as well"

Do you guys support/recommend this online Auroracoin HIVE wallet?  (https://webwallet.auroracoin.is/)

Now that there is going to be a AUR-ISK exchange what will be the plan for the Icelanders from there? As an example: If i'm a Icelander and I can now buy AUR with my ISK what would I do from there once I have some AUR?

What stood out about Digibyte's code that the AUR team decided to go with that instead?

Were there any consideration in using a 'proof of stake' protocol?

We have a strong presence in Iceland now. Next to the official foundation in Reykjavik, we now have a large group of people, including influential entrepreneurs working on the re-launch of this project.

One of the biggest flaws of the initial startup of this project was the lack of a true AUR-ISK exchange. We have that operational now and it will go live in the first week of May. This was our most essential target next to a solid and functional blockchain, which we accomplished by porting the Digibyte (based on Myriad) code. We also have been working on a platform to make it ridiculously easy and safe for merchants to start accepting AUR as means of payment.

And to answer your question relating the Pirate Party, our foundation has had meetings with their members before. They embrace the possibilities of crypto currencies and are very interested in our project. We do however refrain from any political stance.
LTEX
Legendary

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2016, 07:31:32 PM

Do you guys support/recommend this online Auroracoin HIVE wallet?  (https://webwallet.auroracoin.is/)

Now that there is going to be a AUR-ISK exchange what will be the plan for the Icelanders from there? As an example: If i'm a Icelander and I can now buy AUR with my ISK what would I do from there once I have some AUR?

What stood out about Digibyte's code that the AUR team decided to go with that instead?

Well, I developed the webwallet port myself and it's officially endorsed by the Aurarad Foundation, so I guess yeah, I support it ;-)

The best part about having the exchange is that Icelanders now finally are able to legally obtain a crypto currency. Of course some might use it to exchange the AUR for BTC or $ later, but we think most are going to see the potential it has as an alternative way to transfer value without the ridiculous inflation and interest rates ISK has.

We chose Digibyte mainly because it makes most sense to have a multi algo that secures the blockchain and also helps fair distribution by making it possible to mine on many (non ASIC) devices. We also believe the foundation under the Digibyte team is solid so we can cooperate on future developments.

We discussed POS of course, but decided to stay with this multi algo POW for many reasons, one of the most important ones being fair distribution and decentralization.

dinobotta

Activity: 248
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 11:39:03 PM

Great news everyone!

Auroracoin is now running on Android Coinomi wallet, https://coinomi.com/.

"Lost coins only make everyone else’s coins worth slightly more. Think of it as a donation to everyone". Satoshi Nakamoto
soltantgris

Activity: 741
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 02:21:54 PM

Great - so now the only missing piece is IOS wallet right ?   
LTEX
Legendary

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2016, 02:23:29 PM

Great - so now the only missing piece is IOS wallet right ?   

And the next PM of Iceland to endorse Auroracoin  Wink

jioy

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 02:45:36 PM

aurora???i dont hear
Parano

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 02:54:48 PM

is it possible to know which wallet/ address has more Auroras?, is there a link showing who has more Auroras?

Skarfur

Activity: 258
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 03:44:02 PM

is it possible to know which wallet/ address has more Auroras?, is there a link showing who has more Auroras?

Do you mean a rich list?
Good2Great

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 04:04:19 PM

Wanted to thank you LTEX for answering all my questions! Thanks for the information! Looking forward to the exiciting times that lie ahead. The Hive Aurora webwallet is AWESOME btw!  Grin

Do you guys support/recommend this online Auroracoin HIVE wallet?  (https://webwallet.auroracoin.is/)

Well, I developed the webwallet port myself and it's officially endorsed by the Aurarad Foundation, so I guess yeah, I support it ;-)

The best part about having the exchange is that Icelanders now finally are able to legally obtain a crypto currency. Of course some might use it to exchange the AUR for BTC or $ later, but we think most are going to see the potential it has as an alternative way to transfer value without the ridiculous inflation and interest rates ISK has.

We chose Digibyte mainly because it makes most sense to have a multi algo that secures the blockchain and also helps fair distribution by making it possible to mine on many (non ASIC) devices. We also believe the foundation under the Digibyte team is solid so we can cooperate on future developments.

We discussed POS of course, but decided to stay with this multi algo POW for many reasons, one of the most important ones being fair distribution and decentralization.
Pages: « 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 [87] 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 »
  Print  

Jump to: