Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 07:15:27 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 [90] 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 »
  Print  
Author Topic: AURORACOIN - Empowering Financial Freedom  (Read 138024 times)
dinobotta

Activity: 248
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 24, 2016, 06:03:13 PM

It comes down to this and it's really simple, if you are bagholder it's not a scam, if you not a bagholder it is a scam.
There is nothing special about AUR as a coin. Buying at these prices regardless if it's a scam or not is dangerous as the coin it's copying aka Digibyte has a lower marketcap then AUR by $800k.
This is a obvious pump before the rollout of the advertising and Multi Algo fork.

AUR is special because Balduro was the first person to come up with a solution to the problem of how do you get crypto into the masses without convincing them to go sign up for a shady service like Gox and get screwed in the end or find a drug dealer to sell drugs for Bitcoin with. Because for the first few years of its life that was the only way for a normal person with no mining equipment to get into Bitcoin.

I still remember the drama over AUR when it first broke on this board and all the Bitcoin maximalists frothing at the mouth with hatred, guys like BitcoinEXpress coming in to fork it, people marching in line to call it a scam even though real Icelanders were proving they were getting their coins etc. etc. but how many of these Bitcointalk "legends" would have been willing to give away even 5% of their Bitcoin hoard to people all across the world in hope of spreading its adoption? Virtually none of them. And once AUR's marketcap was driven into the ground they all had a good laugh and went on their merry way.

People on here tell everyone crypto is literally "earth changing technology", yet they constantly talk good projects down like its worth nothing more than a few small burger joints from the midwest. The local business I work for alone pulled in $9 million last year and all we do is print paper products with a 10 year-old website, I didn't even know it existed in town when I interviewed. But there are small businesses like this all across the world making 10x the marketcap of even the top alt coins in crypto.

It kills me when I see kiddies saying things like Bitcoin with a $7 billion marketcap "is alot". LOL, just Mcdonalds alone is worth $90 billion.

It's one thing to attack the technological fundamentals but history has proven time and time again the best tech doesn't always wins. It's all about the best combination of solid and STABLE tech, a bit of marketing pizazz but also commitment to knowing who your customers are. Not trying to say AUR is like a product, but I believe the fundamentals of business and commerce is all the same regardless. It's all money at the end of the day right? The AUR team is one of the few who knows their target market versus alot of github autists who "think" they know what the average person wants or needs. AUR is one of the few alts with potential for real world use, versus all these other coins on CMC which are all designed to trade and make more Bitcoin and have no hope of ever being used for anything.

If you are going to treat crypto like trading baseball cards, than that is all it will ever be. But I personally think it can be much more.

Great post, that captures the essence of the Aroracoin project.

"Lost coins only make everyone else’s coins worth slightly more. Think of it as a donation to everyone". Satoshi Nakamoto
TheSignsGuy

Activity: 318
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 12:50:35 AM

It comes down to this and it's really simple, if you are bagholder it's not a scam, if you not a bagholder it is a scam.
There is nothing special about AUR as a coin. Buying at these prices regardless if it's a scam or not is dangerous as the coin it's copying aka Digibyte has a lower marketcap then AUR by $800k.
This is a obvious pump before the rollout of the advertising and Multi Algo fork.

AUR is special because Balduro was the first person to come up with a solution to the problem of how do you get crypto into the masses without convincing them to go sign up for a shady service like Gox and get screwed in the end or find a drug dealer to sell drugs for Bitcoin with. Because for the first few years of its life that was the only way for a normal person with no mining equipment to get into Bitcoin.

I still remember the drama over AUR when it first broke on this board and all the Bitcoin maximalists frothing at the mouth with hatred, guys like BitcoinEXpress coming in to fork it, people marching in line to call it a scam even though real Icelanders were proving they were getting their coins etc. etc. but how many of these Bitcointalk "legends" would have been willing to give away even 5% of their Bitcoin hoard to people all across the world in hope of spreading its adoption? Virtually none of them. And once AUR's marketcap was driven into the ground they all had a good laugh and went on their merry way.

People on here tell everyone crypto is literally "earth changing technology", yet they constantly talk good projects down like its worth nothing more than a few small burger joints from the midwest. The local business I work for alone pulled in $9 million last year and all we do is print paper products with a 10 year-old website, I didn't even know it existed in town when I interviewed. But there are small businesses like this all across the world making 10x the marketcap of even the top alt coins in crypto.

It kills me when I see kiddies saying things like Bitcoin with a $7 billion marketcap "is alot". LOL, just Mcdonalds alone is worth $90 billion.

It's one thing to attack the technological fundamentals but history has proven time and time again the best tech doesn't always wins. It's all about the best combination of solid and STABLE tech, a bit of marketing pizazz but also commitment to knowing who your customers are. Not trying to say AUR is like a product, but I believe the fundamentals of business and commerce is all the same regardless. It's all money at the end of the day right? The AUR team is one of the few who knows their target market versus alot of github autists who "think" they know what the average person wants or needs. AUR is one of the few alts with potential for real world use, versus all these other coins on CMC which are all designed to trade and make more Bitcoin and have no hope of ever being used for anything.

If you are going to treat crypto like trading baseball cards, than that is all it will ever be. But I personally think it can be much more.

Great post, that captures the essence of the Aroracoin project.

I sold a bit too low Sad, could of made another 25% btc profit if I dropped at 80k sat Sad. Great work by your team to get the price this high.

I believe that the higher price for AUR is a result of their work, not what their work is.

That said, I do believe we will see a price a lot higher than even now.

Ooops, looks like this should be here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1067036.60
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 04:55:54 AM

That first paragraph makes an extremely good point. I like that last sentence, too, because it hints at the fact we really construct our world using thought, language and tools like that.

It makes me happy that there is a group of extremely constructive people pushing forward Auroracoin adoption in Iceland very thoughtfully. Thank you guys!

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
LTEX
Legendary

Activity: 1023
Merit: 1000

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2016, 09:34:48 AM

One more day!

We have been working on a detailed marketing plan that involves real commercials in Iceland. Tomorrow we start a campaign with huge posters in all 100 bus terminals around Reykjavik, which will look like this:

The terminals have over 5 million driveby's a week! This means that in one week most people have become familiar with our logo and name. It also makes Auroracoin something that is real. Once we start unfolding our releases to the press people in Iceland are going to say "Hey, I saw that at the busstop before" Rather then "Hmmm, some internet thing from a couple of nerds".

Next week a lot of news will spread around the opening of the AUR - ISK exchange http://isx.is, that will create a lot of momentum for Auroracoin.

Also next week the new multi-algo goes in effect, please make sure you have updated your wallets!

A fool will just look at the finger, even if it points to paradise!
kwaasteniet

Activity: 924

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 09:51:33 AM

Is there already knowledge in the dev team how we can mine with the new algo? Which pool, mining programs and so on?
LTEX
Legendary

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2016, 09:54:58 AM

Is there already knowledge in the dev team how we can mine with the new algo? Which pool, mining programs and so on?

We are almost done in setting up a new version of http://aurpool.com that will support all algo's. Obviously we hope other pool operators are going to facilitate such upgrades as well, but that's beyond our control. I did understand http://Hashgoal.com is working on it too.

kwaasteniet

Activity: 924

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 10:01:48 AM

Nice to hear Ltex. I hope it is ready in time  Smiley
I want to give it a try!
adamastor

Activity: 403
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 12:47:58 PM

How will the roll out of the bus stop signs be done logistically.

Will the signs go up tonight?
LTEX
Legendary

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2016, 12:49:42 PM

Yup, or early tomorrow morning. We'll try to have pictures asap.

CECVW
Legendary

Activity: 961

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 08:39:21 PM

I am so excited about it, I know it will be a huge success because is a genuine project and the team is also genuine and friendly! Smiley

⏲⏳⏲⏳⏲     WIRELESS COIN     ⏲⏳⏲⏳⏲
══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
⏲  FORUM THREADGITHUBTWITTERSLACK 1 #time-travellers-yet/#wlcSLACK 2 #21_tickets/#wlc  ⏲
LTEX
Legendary

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2016, 08:47:34 PM

I am so excited about it, I know it will be a huge success because is a genuine project and the team is also genuine and friendly! Smiley

Thanks for that, it's nice to get some positive feedback on the hard work done  Smiley

If anything, tomorrow will be the day where Auroracoin becomes real to the people of Iceland. After tomorrow there can be no doubt anymore this initiative is real and has true focus on Iceland and it's inhabitants.

And guess what, it's just the start of what our team is going to bring forward  Wink

thsminer

Activity: 332

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 09:27:23 PM
Last edit: April 25, 2016, 09:43:38 PM by thsminer

Havent heard the word Pizazz or Pezaz for a very long time but your contribution has pizazz!
BauldersGate

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 06:47:54 AM

This is a hell of a good post.

You can't explain away what was a pump. lol Good effort though. Smiley As you can see over 30 btc buy support already pulled from the market.
leigh2k14
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 07:58:42 AM

This is a hell of a good post.

You can't explain away what was a pump. lol Good effort though. Smiley As you can see over 30 btc buy support already pulled from the market.

Sold not pulled.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄
████████████▄       ███                ▄███████████▄            ▄██████████      ███     ███▀
███     ▀▀███▌      ███               ████▀     ▀████         ▄███▀▀     ▀▀      ███    ███▀
███       ███▌      ███              ███▀         ▀███       ▄███                ███   ███
███     ▄███▀       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███  ███
██████████▀         ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███ ███
███▀▀▀▀▀████▄       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███  ███     ███           ███
███      ▀███▌      ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███   ███     ███         ███
███       ███▌      ███              ███▄         ▄███        ███                ███    ███     ███       ███
███     ▄▄███▌      ███               ████▄     ▄████         ▀███▄▄     ▄▄      ███     ███▄    ███▄   ▄███
████████████▀       ███████████        ▀███████████▀            ▀██████████      ███      ███▄    ███▄ ▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀     ███▄███
                                                                                                    ▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

Token Sale Starts on [ 12 October ]
[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

ontopicplease

Activity: 778

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 09:19:15 AM

Hi,
I am on the 2016.03.1.0. wallet. I tried a small withdrawel yesterday. Now 10 later I got only 1 confirmation. Can anyone explain?
Thanks
AllLivesMatter

Activity: 57

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 10:04:14 AM

Hi,
I am on the 2016.03.1.0. wallet. I tried a small withdrawel yesterday. Now 10 later I got only 1 confirmation. Can anyone explain?
Thanks

Trying to get people to dump?
Skarfur

Activity: 258

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 10:55:16 AM
Last edit: April 26, 2016, 12:00:14 PM by Skarfur

For those of you here who are interested then we just updated our http://auroracoin.is site last night.

Currently the site is just in Icelandic and currently the English link in the menu will forward you to the old site. This is because we are really focusing this site for the average Icelandic non-tech user. A new English site will come soon enough.

Anyway it would be great to get some feedback from you guys. There are a few detail issues we know about but they will be filtered out in the next couple of days.
Bimmerhead
Legendary

Activity: 1291

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 11:39:33 AM

Hi,
Thanks

I think there is a word missing from your post... "Now 10 later"... do you mean 10 blocks later? 10 hours later?
CECVW
Legendary

Activity: 961

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 11:52:38 AM

For those of you here who are interested then we just updated our http://auroracoins.is site last night.

Currently the site is just in Icelandic and currently the English link in the menu will forward you to the old site. This is because we are really focusing this site for the average Icelandic non-tech user. A new English site will come soon enough.

Anyway it would be great to get some feedback from you guys. There are a few detail issues we know about but they will be filtered out in the next couple of days.

That link gives me an error:

This site can’t be reached

auroracoins.is’s server DNS address could not be found.
DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

⏲⏳⏲⏳⏲     WIRELESS COIN     ⏲⏳⏲⏳⏲
══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
⏲  FORUM THREADGITHUBTWITTERSLACK 1 #time-travellers-yet/#wlcSLACK 2 #21_tickets/#wlc  ⏲
isbjorninn

Activity: 9

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 11:59:00 AM

For those of you here who are interested then we just updated our http://auroracoins.is site last night.

That link gives me an error:

This site can’t be reached

auroracoins.is’s server DNS address could not be found.
DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

there is a typo in the link. it should be http://auroracoin.is
Pages: « 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 [90] 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 »
  Print  

Jump to: