Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 05:57:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 [223] 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 ... 328 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | Decentralize Everything (decentralized blockexplorer coming)  (Read 790357 times)
georgem (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2016, 11:16:35 PM
Last edit: September 02, 2016, 02:16:02 AM by georgem

Georgem has received more financial support than any dev I know working on a project that hasn't delivered anything yet.

150,000 SPR from me alone in the last year.

I know of others who have give him thousands of dollars of donations in fiat. That didn't make work speed up or show any progress.  Its up to them if they want to come forward.  I know some are trying to protect their investment.

Oh, look who's back.

I remember you giving me a donation of 100k SPR back when SPR was worth like 0.009$. Worth 900$ at the time.
A very nice gesture, and I am still thankful for it.
BTW, we agreed that you give me this money so I can use it both for my personal and other people's dev funding.
I totally agreed with that, and in my view this agreement still stands. So, in a way I don't even consider this really my money.
I haven't touched this money. This is the money that will fund the project for atleast 2 years should SPR go to 1$.

So what is this? You suddenly appear like a ghost from the past, misrepresenting the situation to spread FUD.

Also, you are confused about the "thousands of dollars of donations in fiat", lol.
I am a selfemployed programmer, and coins101 recommended me to a customer of his from london, who hired me for a small job.
You probably listened in on a conversation I had with him over SLACK...?!  Huh

This has absolutely nothing to do with spread, and I don't want to further talk about things that don't belong here.

There is a reason why the people who supported georgem most have walked away from this project.

Both chaositec and minerpage left this place here because they just couldn't stand to hang around the ISIS guy for even 1 minute longer.
Chaositec gave an exact explanation the moment he left.
Minerpage told me on SLACK that she won't come back to this thread because of this.

It's sad, but I do respect their decision.

And stonehedge... I am not sure you even left the project?!... you were just hiding in some dark corner all this time, plotting, right?  Cool
I'm just joking, but why come back now? Do you have some ideas to drop?

Abou Talha

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 11:34:07 PM

Both chaositec and minerpage left this place here because they just couldn't stand to hang around the ISIS guy for even 1 minute longer.

lolllllllllllll
georgem (OP)
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2016, 11:39:00 PM

Also, by all means, I can't agree more with some earlier comments: In the past 18 months you delivered several pretty mock-ups and a fancier wallet with a built-in vanitygen. And on top of that all, looking at the GitHub the last commit was @ 5th of August 2015 (https://github.com/spreadcoin/mrspread/commits/master) and not a single line of code has been added after that. How can you ask donations for development that simply isn't happening??

But that's not true. I understand that everything short of "servicenodes" is completely worthless in your eyes,
but we have done small experiments ("GenesisExtractor") and stuff like an experimental build called "muscleminer" that explored what it would look like if miners voted every block.
Was pretty experimental, and I couldn't further spend much time on it, because - alas- I had to earn some money elsewhere...
And last but not least a few of the core people here (especially coins101, rhinomonkey and more) have kept a lively discussion going about what a "servicenode" exactly is, and what it's purpose has to be,
fleshing out its very definition, and what it is that we even want to achieve.

It's an ongoing evolution and I couldn't do it without them.

Also, since mining is so important for spreadcoin, I have spent a considerable amount of time with mining software AND hardware.
This all takes time. (and - god forbid - money)

For the sake of your own dignity and the SPR community: PLEASE prove me wrong. Show us some code, or at least something else than a fancy mock-up. And really, what's the talk about you not willing to work with other developers if it can greatly boost productivity and development? What the actual fuck!?

I think you are going to like the new spreadwallet and the CORE-Version of the daemon. I'm not going to release an unfinished version just to stroke your ego. Sorry, that's not how this works.

Also, I just don't get it, lol, if you don't want to make a donation just step aside and let someone donate who wants to help.
I am very neutral about people who don't want to help and decide to just sit on their SPR. It's their decision and I'm ok with it.
But I am pretty confused by people who don't seem to like that I ask for donations.  Huh

Wot?

georgem (OP)
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2016, 11:53:27 PM
Last edit: September 02, 2016, 02:11:38 AM by georgem

We both know there are several projects that are moving at a snail's pace because devs have to work on other things to pay their bills.

Also, being in this world in real life, its very difficult to give a linear timeline to work getting done, mainly because of problem solving. You can't just say I'll solve a problem in x days.

I agree 100%.

Hey, and I don't even blame people that complain about the speed of development. I can live with that. Atleast I can follow their trail of thought.
But it seems some people are having a problem with me asking for voluntary donations??!

Well, I will keep on asking for donations, and if some people don't like that (or the reality that less donations mean slower development time), then that's the free market in a nutshell.
They don't need to agree with it, and everything will still move on nicely, because every little donation by someone who does care will be much appreciated by me. And I will put it to good use.

Anyway, I'm in good spirits these past few weeks, because everything falls in line, and the puzzle pieces fit nicely together.

I must find a way to harness the troll energy in this thread so that I can use its SPR-power! Sad

georgem (OP)
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2016, 12:17:57 AM

Whose up for helping out? Pull requests are open to anyone.

Anyone with a SIP? (Spreadcoin Improvement Proposal)

By my calculations, if we get to $100m you'll be driving around in a Ferrari California and living in a pimped out penthouse overlooking the Beach.

You know the bitcoin full node proposal can do that for you  Wink

I absolutely welcome other devs joining this coin.
Which is why it is vitaly important that we have a crystal clear list of principles and what our goals are.

I was attracted to spreadcoin because of two main principles:

- the promise of true decentralization (with an interesting solution for how to solve centralization of pools)
- the way mr. spread tried to bring free market economics into masternodes by introducing competition among them (fix number of 1440 seats). That literally blew my mind.

I absolutely want to keep this tradition of true decentralization and true economics alive with spreadcoin.
Which is also why I have spent countless hours debating in this thread here, defending the principles against ideas that I think are horrible, lol.  Grin
Not because they wouldn't solve a particular problem (like e.g. how to get money quick, or how to raise the price in the short term) but because throwing your principles out of the window is also exactly what will scare all the good devs away, and only attract the wrong people. IMHO.

Imagine that a halfbaked dev (99% of what runs around here) comes along, produces more github commits than me (as if they are a gauge for quality) and then pushes for a "funding through coinbase".
I would absolutely start a war!
Because that's how important principles are.

The saying goes like this:

It takes 10 years to build a good reputation, but only 10 minutes to ruin it.

I don't care that people think that development is too slow. It has progressed exactly the amount of time/money I put into it. So it makes sense.

georgem (OP)
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2016, 12:35:33 AM
Last edit: September 02, 2016, 01:05:13 AM by georgem

I think the bit you are missing is this. Geoegem is a software engineer. But that doesn't make you a crypto developer. We know this from Evan. We had fork after fork, after fork during the first 6 - 9 months of Darkcoin.  That was Evan learning the ropes.

My approach is indeed different. But I don't see the difference between types of developers. Either they know how to implement things, they learn how, or they give up.

I will not do my debugging on the live network. That's not the sign of a good developer, lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jEK2CXbm0M

The amount of forks should be the absolute minimum possible.

So...this needs time. I will not rush this because of the "faux urgency" generated by impatient investors.
Which is also why I am so hesitant to move forward with changes that affect the protocol.

georgem (OP)
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2016, 12:53:37 AM
Last edit: September 02, 2016, 01:48:48 AM by georgem

That's not entirely relevant.. True, Evan definitely had to learn the ropes. But the big difference is that Evan showed progression because there were visible commits and he made visible mistakes, people (the community) talked about these and knew exactly where the project stood and was heading. Even at uncertain times with fork after fork everyone knew development was still going strong, which creates trust to a certain degree.

Sorry, but Evan is the worst counterexample anyone would wanna bring up in this situation.

He went closed source for a long time, so how were there any visible mistakes? For months nobody had any idea what masternodes were even doing??!!

Personally, I disagree with like 95% of the decisions that DASH has made since its inception.
Anyway... too much talk about DASH around here.

georgem (OP)
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2016, 01:17:13 AM
Last edit: September 02, 2016, 02:09:40 AM by georgem

Anyway, I will continue my work as if nothing happened, and I will present more frequent updates in the form of screenshots and videos, until I am finished with it and can release software and sourcecode.
People can observe development as it happens.

You are invited to make a donation if you like where this is going.
You can also shut up or laugh at my efforts.

But, LMAO don't complain about me asking for donations (or explaining that less donations will indeed mean slower development). Shouldn't that be self-explanatory? I'm just stating the obvious here.

Enough for today, see you tommorow guys.

just2laff

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 04:00:03 AM

georgem, you have another .2008 BTC incoming
georgen

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 07:18:50 AM

So I've been away for a while now. It looks like since I've been gone, my account has been reset and some imposter has taken it! He goes by my old name, georgem. I have contacted the admins, and they refuse to do anything to help rid of this charlatan!

Sorry. I see over the past few pages there have been concerns about my lack of adding to the Spreadcoin github. Fortunately, I have had many breakthroughs when it comes to service nodes. The sooncoin devs have proven most useful for my recent service node developments. Please feel free to review the following code. I hope to release the service nodes in approximately 69 hours. Soon!

Here is the code for review:

Code:
protected override void Update(GameTime gameTime)
{
    newState = Keyboard.GetState();
    newPadState = GamePad.GetState(PlayerIndex.One);

if (inDialog && dialogNPC != null)
    {
        dialog.Show();
        dialogNPC.StartDialog(dialogNPC.DialogName);
        dialogNPC = null;
    }

if (!dialog.Enabled)
    {
        inDialog = false;
        dialogNPC = null;
    }

if (activeScreen == startScreen)
    {
        HandleStartScreenInput();
    }
    else if (activeScreen == helpScreen)
    {
        HandleHelpScreenInput();
    }
    else if (activeScreen == createPCScreen)
    {
        HandleCreatePCScreenInput();
    }
    else if (activeScreen == quitPopUpScreen)
    {
        HandleQuitPopUpScreenInput();
    }
    else if (activeScreen == genderPopUpScreen)
    {
        HandleGenderPopUpScreenInput();
    }
    else if (activeScreen == classPopUpScreen)
    {
        HandleClassPopUpScreenInput();
    }
    else if (activeScreen == difficultyPopUpScreen)
    {
        HandleDifficultyPopUpScreenInput();
    }
    else if (activeScreen == nameInputScreen)
    {
        HandleNameInputScreenInput();
    }
    else if (activeScreen == introScreen)
    {
        HandleIntroScreenInput();
    }
    else if (activeScreen == creditScreen)
    {
        HandleCreditScreenInput();
    }
    else if (activeScreen == actionScreen)
    {
        HandleActionScreeenInput();
        HandlePlayerInput(gameTime);
    }
    else if (activeScreen == viewCharacterScreen)
    {
        HandleViewCharacterScreenInput();
    }
    else if (activeScreen == quitActionScreen)
    {
        HandleQuitActionScreenInput();
    }
    else if (activeScreen == combatScreen)
    {
        HandleCombatScreenInput();
    }
    else if (activeScreen == treasureScreen)
    {
        HandleTreasureScreenInput();
    }
    base.Update(gameTime);

oldState = newState;
    oldPadState = newPadState;
}

Stay tuned!  Grin
ugabuga

Activity: 316
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 07:19:05 AM

Less lines here, and more lines in the code .... LOL

Now, what matters: Anyone know how to mine from pool https://spr.suprnova.cc/ with an AMD 7970?

Greetings from Portugal, for everyone!

▀
   ▄▄▄   ▄▀
   ███ ▄▄▄▄  ██
       ████
    ▄  ▀▀▀▀
▄▄
      ██    ▀▀
██▄█▄▄▄████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀███▀▀▀
██████████████████
████▄▀▄▀▄▀███▀▀▀▀▀
████▄▀▄▀▄▀███ ▀
████▄▀▄▀▄▀████████
▀█████████████████
]
CoinPayments
█████
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████
█████
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████
█████
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 07:43:27 AM

Now, what matters: Anyone know how to mine from pool https://spr.suprnova.cc/ with an AMD 7970?

Try solo mining

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OhDzpiBLDcA&feature=youtu.be

And also see the mining pages here

http://spreadcointalk.org/index.php?board=5.0
ugabuga

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 08:08:00 AM

Try solo mining

I was experiencing the "solo" mining in the last two days, but with the network speed to rise sharply, the only thing I can mine is more degrees ° C to the temperature of office, and I temperature, I have enough in Portugal.

The settings that are in the pool, I think they are for the graphical Nvidia ... for me, do not work ...

but thanks for your help with links  Smiley

▀
   ▄▄▄   ▄▀
   ███ ▄▄▄▄  ██
       ████
    ▄  ▀▀▀▀
▄▄
      ██    ▀▀
██▄█▄▄▄████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀███▀▀▀
██████████████████
████▄▀▄▀▄▀███▀▀▀▀▀
████▄▀▄▀▄▀███ ▀
████▄▀▄▀▄▀████████
▀█████████████████
]
CoinPayments
█████
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████
█████
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████
█████
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 08:21:15 AM

Try solo mining

I was experiencing the "solo" mining in the last two days, but with the network speed to rise sharply, the only thing I can mine is more degrees ° C to the temperature of office, and I temperature, I have enough in Portugal.

The settings that are in the pool, I think they are for the graphical Nvidia ... for me, do not work ...

but thanks for your help with links  Smiley

I contacted the pool for you. he should be over here when he sobers up.

coins101
Legendary

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 09:29:17 AM

Data

There was a really interesting feature last month on a Chinese firm using customer buying data to guess what to order into stock and ship locally before a customer ordered something.

It goes like this.

As customers we tend to buy stuff of interest to us or on seasonal influences. If you are an online store, you can build up a view of what customers like and take a view on what seasonal products will be purchased in any given month.

If you can guess what a customer is likely to buy, you can order it, send it to a local distribution point and have it delivered to your customer within hours of their actual purchase. That's great customer service and puts you ahead of your competition.

This stuff is already happening. So Bitcoin needs a mechanism to provide this type of data service to the little guys who don't have access to software budgets to implement these complex algorithms.

If the little guy can't compete because they don't have access to the same type of data services, the little guy gets trampled on. This increases centralisation.
georgem (OP)
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2016, 09:56:23 AM
Last edit: September 02, 2016, 10:18:28 AM by georgem

georgem, you have another .2008 BTC incoming

That is so awesome. Much appreciated.

lol, nearly nobody seems to want to donate SPR.

I will mark your BTC donation down as 3250 SPR as per current exchange rate. (same with the equivalent donation rhinomonkey did 2 days ago). 
Just makes me happier to express the value of a donation in SPR. Smiley

coins101
Legendary

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 09:59:35 AM

Anyway, I will continue my work as if nothing happened, and I will present more frequent updates in the form of screenshots and videos, until I am finished with it and can release software and sourcecode.
People can observe development as it happens.

You are invited to make a donation if you like where this is going.
You can also shut up or laugh at my efforts.

But, LMAO don't complain about me asking for donations (or explaining that less donations will indeed mean slower development). Shouldn't that be self-explanatory? I'm just stating the obvious here.

Enough for today, see you tommorow guys.

A video of work in progress would be great. We can send that to Amanda for the daily decrypt. We might even be able to get some coverage on Bitcoin Magazine.

edit

Looks like she is now only doing Dash news! Anyway, there are plenty of decent online Bitcoin news sites.
ugabuga

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 10:56:46 AM

Try solo mining

Thank you once again for your help. Smiley

And thanks to those who sold it to me in Bit ... now I have some SPR  Grin

▀
   ▄▄▄   ▄▀
   ███ ▄▄▄▄  ██
       ████
    ▄  ▀▀▀▀
▄▄
      ██    ▀▀
██▄█▄▄▄████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀███▀▀▀
██████████████████
████▄▀▄▀▄▀███▀▀▀▀▀
████▄▀▄▀▄▀███ ▀
████▄▀▄▀▄▀████████
▀█████████████████
]
CoinPayments
█████
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████
█████
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████
█████
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 11:26:28 AM

Try solo mining

Thank you once again for your help. Smiley

And thanks to those who sold it to me in Bit ... now I have some SPR  Grin

Actually, Portugal is one of my favourite places to go on holidays. Portimao, Lagos, Luz and sometimes Lisbon for a weekend. I must do a trip to Porto in the next few years. Maybe SPR will pay for that and if we hit $100m I might move there permanently.
georgem (OP)
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2016, 12:10:50 PM

BTW, minerpage contacted me through spreadcointalk and told me that she still 100% supports spreadcoin!  Smiley
She didn't leave us, she just moved.

Reminds me again that this thread here is not really representative of the whole spreadcoin community.

Of course not, lol!

Pages: « 1 ... 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 [223] 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 ... 328 »
  Print  

Jump to: