Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 06:18:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 ... 328 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | Decentralize Everything (decentralized blockexplorer coming)  (Read 790353 times)
AnotherNode

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

Nodes That Serve

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 08:46:07 PM

Update?

What was the feedback from the BIP?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2015, 02:22:39 AM
Last edit: September 12, 2015, 03:12:02 AM by chrysophylax

...Wherever there is need.. There is a way.. Look at ETH - The folks created the DAG file (and some other things) to keep pools etc away - Suprnova has a pool Smiley

Genius.  Grin

The thing that bothers me most is how inefficient the SprX11 bins are.  I did have a chat with wolf0 but we both let it slide due to general busyness.

sp has made a private spreadx11 miner available ... its the same spreadminer that tsiv came out with - but with optimizations ...

it was that very same one i was using to mine spreadcoin when all that 'hooha' was going on about pools and such - while i was mining on nonce-pool ...

i just kept mining - even though some people refused to listen that i was doing so - with a few others here that were mining at the same private pool ... made a heap of spr at the time ...

anyway - if you have nvidia cards - 0.1btc ( i think - could be 0.2btc ) will get you sp's private miner and source ...

as for amd - i have no idea who does a good one - as i could NEVER compile the miner for amd cards ... that was the main thing that got under my skin ... apart from the algo itself ...

wolf could do the optimizations - it would probably be a new miner that he will have to rewrite - not just an algo - but he could do it ... who has 3btc ( or more ) that is willing to pay him for it? ...

#crysx

Just to make it clear, the coin isn't worth mining currently even with the private miner. You can earn more mining Vertcoin or Quark. You can find numbers for the private miners in the CCminer thread.

Curious - how do you come to the calculation that SPR isn't worth mining?  Huh Cool

You use the difficulty/blocktime/reward/hashrate to calculate profits.

...Wherever there is need.. There is a way.. Look at ETH - The folks created the DAG file (and some other things) to keep pools etc away - Suprnova has a pool Smiley

Genius.  Grin

The thing that bothers me most is how inefficient the SprX11 bins are.  I did have a chat with wolf0 but we both let it slide due to general busyness.

sp has made a private spreadx11 miner available ... its the same spreadminer that tsiv came out with - but with optimizations ...

it was that very same one i was using to mine spreadcoin when all that 'hooha' was going on about pools and such - while i was mining on nonce-pool ...

i just kept mining - even though some people refused to listen that i was doing so - with a few others here that were mining at the same private pool ... made a heap of spr at the time ...

anyway - if you have nvidia cards - 0.1btc ( i think - could be 0.2btc ) will get you sp's private miner and source ...

as for amd - i have no idea who does a good one - as i could NEVER compile the miner for amd cards ... that was the main thing that got under my skin ... apart from the algo itself ...

wolf could do the optimizations - it would probably be a new miner that he will have to rewrite - not just an algo - but he could do it ... who has 3btc ( or more ) that is willing to pay him for it? ...

#crysx

Just to make it clear, the coin isn't worth mining currently even with the private miner. You can earn more mining Vertcoin or Quark. You can find numbers for the private miners in the CCminer thread.

bensam ...

worth is not about how much 'btc' you can get to exchange it to - or 'profiteering' from the coin ...

people in this thread actually 'like' to mine this coin ... regardless of 'profit' and whether its 'worth' it some peoples eyes ...

support is just that - support ...

if you see things this way - then great ... while others see mining spr as a good thing - others dont ...

to each their own ...

i look at 'profit' VERY differently to most others ...

but again - each to their own ...

#crysx

And you're looking to bridge burn. If you wanted to support this coin, you would've mentioned the private miner back during the 'hooha' time period which you bragged about. Don't give me your moral crap when you're playing a hypocrite. You're only looking for profits just like everyone else.

Only reason you're mentioning it now is because you're 'done' with this coin and you no longer wish to mine it so you're trying to look like a good guy. Although at this point all you're doing is wrecking profits for anyone with the private miner and making people that currently mine with the open miner have to purchase the private miner due to a increase in network difficulty...

But as I mentioned, even with the private miner it's not worth mining and you can use free miners on Quark or Lyra to make more.

here we go with the accusations AGAIN bensam ...

how on earth do you KNOW what the hell im doing? ... or what others are doing? ...

assume and accuse - but NEVER in the knowledge ...

i have been mining this coins from almost the beginning - and still do to this day ... albeit not as heavily as before as there are other interests in what im doing with thefarm ..

i mentioned the pool a while back - and did not mention much else about it - due to the adamant nature of people that were CONVINCED that there were 'no pools' at the time ...

even NONCE himself came out and said he had a pool running and that it was private - but a pool nonetheless ... did anyone listen? ... nup ...

get your facts straight bensam ...

im NOT the one that needs to 'look' like im a nice guy ...

ive supported ( and continue to support ) spr - by mining and watching and giving input where i can ... even to the extent of saying that a change of algo would surely bring a great many miners back ( NOT about the 'price' of the coin bringing the dumpers back ) ...

your low level assumptions are tiresome to say the least ...

BUT - leopards never change spots - and attitudes always accompany those that grow them like cancers ...

next tell me what my next move is today - or tomorrow - or the next? ... tell me how im doing one thing or another - all for the sake of 'looking' like a nice guy ...

amazing watch you blunder through cryptio - let alone through life - while i 'look' like im growing thefarm and supporting the industry and giving my input and succeeding in almost ALL that ( as there are a few projects i have yet to succeed in ) ...  and yet - i 'want' and 'need' too 'look' like im a nice guy ... hehehe ...

you are intelligent bensam - no doubt .. but where i come from - that is not enough ... smarts - especially street smarts - is what separates the men from the boys ...

grow up bensam ...

#crysx

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2015, 02:37:03 AM
Last edit: September 12, 2015, 03:12:50 AM by chrysophylax

Told you guys that M̶a̶s̶t̶e̶r̶N̶o̶d̶e̶s̶  SpreadNodes were never going to happen, even the guy asking questions before can see that it's just a gimick.

All the stuff mentioned by chrysophylax, all the dramas involved with SPR, it is simply not worth it now, what are you guys going to do about it now ?

Keep the same model kind of but rebrand, do a swap, lower the supply and something different with a new wallet ?

Release optimized miners for AMD/GPU to make it fair to every individual right from the start without doing hardforks, etc.

OR

You can simply rebrand, swap, lower supply, add PoS & many more "Newer" features besides MasterNodes.

Quit saying "it's coming" but it never comes please.

these are some of the background issues that needs to be done ...

what direction? ... well - who knows ...

those that are actually doing something about it are the ones that are pulling the strings at the moment ...

you too seem like someone that knows quite a fair bit about crypto - but ALSO ( like bensam ) assume and criticize on your loosley based assumptions ...

admittedly - there are points that have been made that you have every right to - like the length of time and the lack of moving forward in a timely fashion ... but that is not what the takeover was about ...

it was to try and make something of the remnants of a deserted coin ... the guys ( and girls ) who have produced so far - are doign what they promised so far ... just slow ...

a change of direction? ... thats where you and i agree ... but what has all the talk and planning been about? ... a direction change possibly? ... yup - you bet ...

so slowly - there will be a way for spr to gather its pieces and grow again ... its just all got to come together in its own time - and the time of those pulling those said strings ...

bensam and i have a small history of butting heads ... thats a common occurrence when one assumes and tries to debase others due to his apparent lack of growth ... its life ...

but to assume you KNOW what is happening with others and with crypto and with development and in the minds and backyards of those involved? ... then you will place yourself in the same pitiful league as bensam and the others that have bagged and slagged devs for doing what they do ... and try to make a living from it also ...

constructive criticism is one thing - slagging others is a completely different scenario altogther ...

just because im not always vocal about any of this - doesnt meanim not here watching and learning and building and growing ... unlike a great many others that complain consistently like a bleating goat and wallow in their own stagnant cesspool of illwill and crap ... with no 'real' growth and no 'real' acension to ne heights ...

criticize - yes ... but constructively ...

im back to work ...

on thefarm and thesite and all the things that i ACTUALLY build an devise and use the 'smarts' that God gave me ...

dev team - keep up the good work - even if i dont agree on some of it ... its work nonetheless and its progress ...

this community is good one ...

#crysx

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2015, 02:37:52 AM
Last edit: September 12, 2015, 03:09:23 AM by chrysophylax

I'm going away for a month, I'll be back on the 10th of October.

Just letting you guys know.  Wink

just before i get another year older ...

take care mate ...

njoi ...

#crysx

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2015, 02:38:42 AM

Update?

What was the feedback from the BIP?

yes please ...

interested also ...

#crysx

gjhiggins
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2015, 08:26:14 AM

(*) Spreadcoin repos was created well before Ziftrcoin.

Hmph, irrelevant.

Andrew Miller posted details of the technique back in 2013: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=309073.0;all

Cheers

Graham
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2015, 09:46:16 AM

Hmph, irrelevant.

Andrew Miller posted details of the technique back in 2013: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=309073.0;all

Cheers

Graham

this is really good reading graham ...

and makes me wonder WHY it wasnt implemented before spreadx11 - and not implemented after ( as far as i am aware anyway ) ...

#crysx

e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2015, 02:47:25 PM

I'm going away for a month, I'll be back on the 10th of October.

Just letting you guys know.  Wink

just before i get another year older ...

take care mate ...

njoi ...

#crysx
Thanks Chrysophylax,

I'm currently in Abu Dhabi!

And... I'm lovin it.

Oops that picture's massive. Oh well.
stonehedge
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1002

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 03:14:39 PM

The McArabia looks like the "Greek Mac" that McDonalds used to sell in Spain (!)

The core Spreadcoin team are having a team meeting tomorrow.  I'm sure there will be news of some sort afterwards.  I'll be sure to summarise the discussions and post them here.
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2015, 04:19:10 PM

The McArabia looks like the "Greek Mac" that McDonalds used to sell in Spain (!)

The core Spreadcoin team are having a team meeting tomorrow.  I'm sure there will be news of some sort afterwards.  I'll be sure to summarise the discussions and post them here.

hahaha ... that is actually quite funny ... mcarabia ...

looks delicious though ...

news would be very good ... especially changes and plans moving forward ...

lets hope ...

#crysx

bensam1231
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1024

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 05:51:29 PM

Genius.  Grin

#crysx

Curious - how do you come to the calculation that SPR isn't worth mining?  Huh Cool

Genius.  Grin

#crysx

bensam ...

worth is not about how much 'btc' you can get to exchange it to - or 'profiteering' from the coin ...

people in this thread actually 'like' to mine this coin ... regardless of 'profit' and whether its 'worth' it some peoples eyes ...

if you see things this way - then great ... while others see mining spr as a good thing - others dont ...

to each their own ...

#crysx

And you're looking to bridge burn. If you wanted to support this coin, you would've mentioned the private miner back during the 'hooha' time period which you bragged about. Don't give me your moral crap when you're playing a hypocrite. You're only looking for profits just like everyone else.

Only reason you're mentioning it now is because you're 'done' with this coin and you no longer wish to mine it so you're trying to look like a good guy. Although at this point all you're doing is wrecking profits for anyone with the private miner and making people that currently mine with the open miner have to purchase the private miner due to a increase in network difficulty...

But as I mentioned, even with the private miner it's not worth mining and you can use free miners on Quark or Lyra to make more.

how on earth do you KNOW what the hell im doing? ... or what others are doing? ...

How do I know? You just said it. You can look back through the thread and see that you didn't recommend the private miner up till this point. You mined the coin out while it was profitable for you during your self described 'hoohah' time period and then 'gave advice' after the fact. It doesn't matter what you say, your actions show off your true intentions.

Being a hypocrite just means you did the opposite of what you said 'oh I support the coin and blahablaha you're a bad person because you don't'. If you had been a supporter of the coin you would've mentioned the private miner when it was really profitable, you would also still be mining the coin regardless of it no longer being profitable. That's why big miners don't make claims like that because they know it turns you into a bag holder. They also don't lecture other miners on this fact because they know they're lieing and being a hypocrite at the same time.

And jesus christ dude, learn how to use paragraphs and concise statements. Funny thing is you've rediculed me for making quote posts (that show context) and then you post a page and a half of run on sentence fragments.

I buy private Nvidia miners. Send information and/or inquiries to my PM box.
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2015, 08:04:01 PM

Genius.  Grin

#crysx

Genius.  Grin

#crysx

bensam ...

to each their own ...

#crysx

How do I know? You just said it. You can look back through the thread and see that you didn't recommend the private miner up till this point. You mined the coin out while it was profitable for you during your self described 'hoohah' time period and then 'gave advice' after the fact. It doesn't matter what you say, your actions show off your true intentions.

Being a hypocrite just means you did the opposite of what you said 'oh I support the coin and blahablaha you're a bad person because you don't'. If you had been a supporter of the coin you would've mentioned the private miner when it was really profitable, you would also still be mining the coin regardless of it no longer being profitable. That's why big miners don't make claims like that because they know it turns you into a bag holder. They also don't lecture other miners on this fact because they know they're lieing and being a hypocrite at the same time.

And jesus christ dude, learn how to use paragraphs and concise statements. Funny thing is you've rediculed me for making quote posts (that show context) and then you post a page and a half of run on sentence fragments.

firstly - i mentioned and quoted the private miner many a time - not just here - but on sp's page also ... considering it was SP that optimized the miner in the first place and started selling it for 0.2btc in the first place ... which i happily paid - AND happily used - AND happily mined with ( solo AND on nonce-pool ) ... nothing after the fact here ...

secondly - nonce himself came out and admitted he had the pool - while i stated that i was using the private pool that HE built ...

thirdly - a hypocrite? ... look in the mirror bensam - and describe what a real hypocrite looks like ...

fourth - the coin is STILL 'profitable' - but not by the standards you accept as ' profitable' ... profitability in a btc / fiat sense is of no consequence to me ...

fifth - i write as i damn please here ... if you think this is how i write in 'real life' - then you really have no idea ... i ALWAYS have a method for any madness i show - and have no remorse for it ... im well known ( in 'real' life ) - well versed - and well in advance of anything you have to offer here ... which is probably why you ridicule even the devs themselves ... you show no compassion to anyone but yourself - and have nothing more than empty vessels of words and paragraphs that only prove your immense hatred for those that excel further than you can dream ... which isnt very difficult anyway ...

anyone need only look at your previous posts to see the dissent you carry at large - and the contempt you have for those that strive to better themselves ... your constant bitching about the devs ( djm34 and wolf0 amongst many others ) can only be described as callous attacks ... when are you just going to back out of the business that people have? ... never? ...

personally - i couldnt give crap about your sorry ass ... you bitch and bitch and bitch some more - but do almost nothing productive for the communities ( or for the devs that produce FOR said communities ) ... instead of your constant garbage about how unfair everything always is when you dont get your way with it - lend a hand and help ... put your money where your mouth is ... DO something instead of slam and slag all those that are DOING ... its typical of lazy ass whiners like you bensam ... mouth off consistently - but actually do nothing else constructive ... and with not much to show for even the little that you do actually produce from the tired and twisted words that spew from that gape in your head ...

you actually do come up with some brilliant ideas ... but no one remembers - or really cares - due to the contempt you have and the garbage you consistently dribble ...

get off your ass and actually DO bensam ... maybe then - and i mean MAYBE - everyone will not think twice about 'helping' you in a much bigger way than what they have ...

i know i would ...

how do you like all that for a deconstructed - non-paragraphed - non-grammatic collation of words and ideas sello taped toegther for your disgust and rebuttal? ...

sheesh ...

#crysx

Mikolo

Activity: 121
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 01:48:22 PM

Didn't watched this crypto since summer. Any recent news? What about masternodes?
GingerAle
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2015, 02:28:33 PM

And in general, how goes the fight for true decentralization?

Not too shabby. The potential of Mr Spread’s “anti-pool” innovation has been noted, borrowed, adopted, adapted and is now obliquely traceable via  reference #34 to Ziftrcoin (*) in Andrew Miller et als' preprint paper (PDF) Nonoutsourceable Scratch-Off Puzzles to Discourage Bitcoin Mining Coalitions.

So there ya go.

Cheers

Graham

Actually there is a Suprnova Pool for Spreadcoin as well as Ziftrcoin Smiley

I prefer to call it "Pool Discouragement" rather than "anti-pool". Smiley

Yeah, I'm still trying to get my head around how the pool actually operates in this instance. For instance, does this pool operate using the same mechanisms detailed in the whitepaper?

If it did, anybody could steal the pools coins. I think OCminer has found a clever workaround though although I haven't seen the source code yet. There are a few ways to beat SpreadX11 as far as I know but none are widely used yet.

Its basically all around encryption.

With the original implementation you'd really have to expose the private_key to the client/miner and also transmit it publicly over the (inter-)net - which is a major security issue.

What I did is I simply added (salted) https encryption to the whole datastream between pool and miner which makes it impossible to intercept.

(snipped for space)

Well damn. I brought up this countermeasure with someone and they suggested it might still be surmountable, but I forget how. I hope my questions didn't spark the slag storm that started - it was not my intention. As I mentioned there's few efforts in cryptocurrency to prevent pooling, or otherwise provide a means to protect a currency network against the flaws in a pool dominated network. Its interesting that some of the primary technological hurdles in cryptocurrency are the fundamental aspects of the digital world. For instance, the bitcoin protocol solved the problem that anything digital can be copied. Now we're hunting for another protocol wherein a piece of data can't be distributed and worked on by a group of people.

< Track your bitcoins! > < Track them again! > <<< [url=https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1qomqt/what_a_landmark_legal_case_from_mid1700s_scotland/] What is fungibility? >>> 46P88uZ4edEgsk7iKQUGu2FUDYcdHm2HtLFiGLp1inG4e4f9PTb4mbHWYWFZGYUeQidJ8hFym2WUmWc p34X8HHmFS2LXJkf <<< Free subdomains at moneroworld.com!! >>> <<< If you don't want to run your own node, point your wallet to node.moneroworld.com, and get connected to a random node! @@@@ FUCK ALL THE PROFITEERS! PROOF OF WORK OR ITS A SCAM !!! @@@@
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 03:04:27 PM

Didn't watched this crypto since summer. Any recent news? What about masternodes?

yes...at some point later today  Cool

stonehedge
Legendary

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 03:19:58 PM

Spreadcoin Project

Core Team Meeting 14/09/2015 1300 to 1550 BST

The core team have just held a meeting to establish a list of outstanding tasks, ownership of those tasks and priorities for those tasks.  Resource shortage issues were also discussed at length.

This Friday’s update (18/9) will be a summary of the next steps and problem resolutions that were agreed in today’s meeting.

The highlight point of discussion was that Service Node development should be the highest priority and that every effort by the team will be focussed on making this happen in the quickest possible timeframe.  The team was in unanimous agreement on this decision and a number of actions were agreed that will help expedite service node development.

I look forward to providing you with more detail on Friday after we have had some time to further develop the outcomes of the meeting.

-Stonehedge
AnotherNode

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

Nodes That Serve

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 05:33:21 PM

Spreadcoin Project

The highlight point of discussion was that Service Node development should be the highest priority and that every effort by the team will be focussed on making this happen in the quickest possible timeframe

+1

That is welcome news. No need to try and do everything at once. We just want to play with masternodes Service Nodes  Cool
stonehedge
Legendary

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 06:08:56 PM

Spreadcoin Project

The highlight point of discussion was that Service Node development should be the highest priority and that every effort by the team will be focussed on making this happen in the quickest possible timeframe

+1

That is welcome news. No need to try and do everything at once. We just want to play with masternodes Service Nodes  Cool

Whilst we accomplished a huge amount today and have opened the floodgates to progress, we could have agreed on the fact we all want to play with service nodes in a lot less than 2 hours and 50 minutes of debate  Grin

I really can't wait to get my hands on some service nodes.  I love this project because its such a refreshing change from anon coin arguments and the other slightly tedious themes that have crept into crypto.  Its exciting just to be working on something different.
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2015, 11:34:51 PM

Spreadcoin Project

+1

Whilst we accomplished a huge amount today and have opened the floodgates to progress, we could have agreed on the fact we all want to play with service nodes in a lot less than 2 hours and 50 minutes of debate  Grin

I really can't wait to get my hands on some service nodes.  I love this project because its such a refreshing change from anon coin arguments and the other slightly tedious themes that have crept into crypto.  Its exciting just to be working on something different.

this will be a sight to see ...

service nodes are a integral component to the spr movement ...

hope this will be started and agreed upon soon ...

#crysx

gjhiggins
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2015, 03:10:37 PM

Verification of full node status

In case y’all ain’t already seen it, last November S.D. Lerner posted Proof of unique blockchain storage, in which he proposes a solution for the issue: “Can a user verify if peers have a distinct copy of the blockchain and that that copy is intact?”

Cheers

Graham
Pages: « 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 ... 328 »
  Print  

Jump to: