Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 05:21:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 [111] 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 ... 328 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | Decentralize Everything (decentralized blockexplorer coming)  (Read 790353 times)
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2015, 02:52:09 AM

sia did that for both - and nvidia cards came out far worse than implementing cuda ...

but there you have it ...

#crysx

When did he do that?

I can only hope that NVidia's implementation of OpenCL has improved by now.

It's their unwillingness to participate in an open standard that makes their OpenCL implementation so "average".

the one miner ...

it is opencl and runs for both nvidia and amd based gpus ...

nvidia came out poorly in the trade off ...

https://github.com/NebulousLabs/Sia-GPU-Miner ...

the algo is blake2b from what i understand ...

whether its their unwillingness or not - like microsoft and their ridiculous 'standards' as opposed to the 'real' standards - nvidia are the largest gpu manufacturer and developer in the world ...

so they build their own standard - which could be the crappiest coding on the planet ( jump in microsoft again ) but still maintain the number one position for the hardware and software working together ...

#crysx

It's Nvidia's fault. They wanna pretend they're Apple and not give a shit about interoperability, then it should be their problem.

EDIT: I dumped the signature2 kernel from my miner - it was triggering a bug in my other kernels and didn't really make sense to seperate anyways.

I see Wolf beat me too it but it was only about 3 maybe 6 months ago Nvidia started really supporting OpenCl but not the full version of it from my understanding. And Windows 10 with Nvidia is giving the main support. I am no where near a dev so you can look into it further if you like.

Their cards have supported OpenCL pretty much always - but only 1.0 or 1.1 - AMD has supported 1.2 for AGES, and 2.0 is out - they support that, as well.

Saved a metric shitton of GPU memory - how much depends on what you fed to the (fairly stupid) thread concurrency parameter. Now, to dump that param entirely (along with lookup gap, which does nothing for the algo and serves simply to determine how much memory you waste on useless allocation,) and then take a look at parallelism possibilities.

ok- but thats NOT what i was getting at ...

i dont like non-standardization as much as the next guy - BUT - the point of the matter is that we are STUCK with what we are given by nvidia ... just like STUCK with microsoft garbage for SO long ...

so irrelevant whose fault it is - its a matter of working with what we have ...

i totally agree with you both - i think nvidia should stop playing apple and microsoft and start playing oss properly ...

its such a pity amd drivers are a massive crap to install on systems as well ... the drivers and support for oss implementations are great - but the installation routines and support on that side suck the proverbials ... nvidia drivers install seamless ...

when there is a standar we can ALL work from ( yes i know - opencl IS out and available - before you both hammer me for saying this ) - AND companies 'conform' to the standards AND support them - then there will always be a rift in what software we can use for one or the other ...

so - irrespective of who is at fault - we are stuck with what we have with amd and nvidia and microsoft and linux ...

i just cant wait for the time when we can use ONE miner to do ALL the mining on ALL the os systems ... IF that ever happens of course Smiley ...

wolf - the code for spreadx11 has been hammered for ages and i know you have made some improvements / optimizations to it ... but how will it fare insofaras mining goes? ... is it better than the private miner sp distributes? ... which as you know is based on tsivs miner ( ccminer-spreadminer ) ...

im online now anyway - so available for a chat ...

#crysx

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2015, 01:26:15 PM

sia did that for both - and nvidia cards came out far worse than implementing cuda ...

#crysx

When did he do that?

It's their unwillingness to participate in an open standard that makes their OpenCL implementation so "average".

the one miner ...

whether its their unwillingness or not - like microsoft and their ridiculous 'standards' as opposed to the 'real' standards - nvidia are the largest gpu manufacturer and developer in the world ...

so they build their own standard - which could be the crappiest coding on the planet ( jump in microsoft again ) but still maintain the number one position for the hardware and software working together ...

#crysx

It's Nvidia's fault. They wanna pretend they're Apple and not give a shit about interoperability, then it should be their problem.

EDIT: I dumped the signature2 kernel from my miner - it was triggering a bug in my other kernels and didn't really make sense to seperate anyways.

I see Wolf beat me too it but it was only about 3 maybe 6 months ago Nvidia started really supporting OpenCl but not the full version of it from my understanding. And Windows 10 with Nvidia is giving the main support. I am no where near a dev so you can look into it further if you like.

Their cards have supported OpenCL pretty much always - but only 1.0 or 1.1 - AMD has supported 1.2 for AGES, and 2.0 is out - they support that, as well.

Saved a metric shitton of GPU memory - how much depends on what you fed to the (fairly stupid) thread concurrency parameter. Now, to dump that param entirely (along with lookup gap, which does nothing for the algo and serves simply to determine how much memory you waste on useless allocation,) and then take a look at parallelism possibilities.

i dont like non-standardization as much as the next guy - BUT - the point of the matter is that we are STUCK with what we are given by nvidia ... just like STUCK with microsoft garbage for SO long ...

i totally agree with you both - i think nvidia should stop playing apple and microsoft and start playing oss properly ...

its such a pity amd drivers are a massive crap to install on systems as well ... the drivers and support for oss implementations are great - but the installation routines and support on that side suck the proverbials ... nvidia drivers install seamless ...

when there is a standar we can ALL work from ( yes i know - opencl IS out and available - before you both hammer me for saying this ) - AND companies 'conform' to the standards AND support them - then there will always be a rift in what software we can use for one or the other ...

so - irrespective of who is at fault - we are stuck with what we have with amd and nvidia and microsoft and linux ...

i just cant wait for the time when we can use ONE miner to do ALL the mining on ALL the os systems ... IF that ever happens of course Smiley ...

wolf - the code for spreadx11 has been hammered for ages and i know you have made some improvements / optimizations to it ... but how will it fare insofaras mining goes? ... is it better than the private miner sp distributes? ... which as you know is based on tsivs miner ( ccminer-spreadminer ) ...

#crysx

sp_ has never said what hashrates his miner gets, so... no idea.

wolf - im completely knackered right now ...

ill set the miner up tomorrow and let you have a go with it to see what it can actually do ...

remember that the spreadminer is an nvidia cuda based miner ... and it worked really well with nonce-pool also ...

anyway ... a little more work to do for me then hit the sack ...

#crysx

dominuspro

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 03:39:56 PM

#crysx

When did he do that?

the one miner ...

#crysx

#crysx

ill set the miner up tomorrow and let you have a go with it to see what it can actually do ...

remember that the spreadminer is an nvidia cuda based miner ... and it worked really well with nonce-pool also ...

#crysx

My maxwells gain is 8.75% compared to the public miner.
dominuspro

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 07:59:04 AM

#crysx

Does anyone have a hashrat example from 280X? I'd run it myself, but I'd rather not spend ages tuning for that kernel, and if I run both with same settings, it could turn out to be an unfair comparison.

My start in the mining world was with 280x and 750ti. 280x(MSI gaming) was making 2Mh with the public miner. I don't remember if it was OCed to 1100MHz or default 1020MHz. 750ti OC + sp makes something over 1.9Mh. The 750ti without an additional pcie power connector makes something between 1.8-1.85Mh.
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2015, 08:14:44 AM

#crysx

Does anyone have a hashrat example from 280X? I'd run it myself, but I'd rather not spend ages tuning for that kernel, and if I run both with same settings, it could turn out to be an unfair comparison.

My start in the mining world was with 280x and 750ti. 280x(MSI gaming) was making 2Mh with the public miner. I don't remember if it was OCed to 1100MHz or default 1020MHz. 750ti OC + sp makes something over 1.9Mh. The 750ti without an additional pcie power connector makes something between 1.8-1.85Mh.

4.16MH/s on 280X so far.

that is one hell of a boost mate ...

great work ...

#crysx

dominuspro

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 07:13:39 PM

great work ...

#crysx

x2  Wink

coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 12:08:08 AM

great work ...

#crysx

x2  Wink

x3.

Can't wait.
go6ooo1212
Legendary

Activity: 1512

quarkchain.io

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 04:20:26 AM

So for the stats , I gain 4.8MH on my gtx 970 with SP's private miner...
stonehedge
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1002

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 04:57:21 PM

#crysx

4.16MH/s on 280X so far.

Thats a whole lot better than my 1.3 MH/s  Cool
antantti
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 06:38:07 PM

sp-mod@GTX970 default clocks, 4.3MH/s...
ivcelmik

Activity: 519
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2015, 06:47:55 PM

where we can find the miner for 280x (4Mhs) share a link please
antantti
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 09:15:47 PM

Wolf0 (wink, wink) does not share links.
georgem (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2015, 09:32:04 PM

forum and official website is down for an hour or so.

scheduled maintenance by the hoster.

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2015, 10:46:51 PM

Wolf0 (wink, wink) does not share links.

wolf creates and codes the optimizations himself ...

you can buy these private optimizations IF he is willing to sell them ...

otherwise - its for his own use ...

contact him - you never know ...

#crysx

coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 12:01:12 AM

300 SPR for the person that guesses when Georgem goes Legendary (nearest will do).

What is the criteria for going Legendary?

Also, by when, do you mean a specific date?

No specific dates...but he's about to pop.
pokeytex
Legendary

Activity: 1504
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 01:06:31 AM

300 SPR for the person that guesses when Georgem goes Legendary (nearest will do).

Alright I guess I will participate.  I will say December 11th - Georgem will go Legen(wait for it)dary!

NoobKidOnTheBlock

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 06:24:19 AM

I'm going to say that he will go Legendary on Jan. 8th Cheesy

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇
............NoobKidOnThe.BLOCK.....

rhinomonkey

Activity: 646
Merit: 501

Ni dieu ni maître

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 06:32:56 AM

How about the eve of Christmas... Dec. 24th, 2015. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

dominuspro

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 07:02:49 AM

My bet is on 2. 2. 2016  Tongue
restless
Legendary

Activity: 1151
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 07:38:47 AM

How fast is SP miner on 750Ti ? It makes ~ 1500kh/s with official nvminer
Pages: « 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 [111] 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 ... 328 »
  Print  

Jump to: