Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:11:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 129 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Economic Totalitarianism  (Read 345711 times)
TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 257

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 02:30:59 AM

TPTB

Take investment advice from someone you only know over the internet (FOFOA and TPTB)?  Smiley

Sorry could not resist.

Do your due diligence. I have 10,000 posts for your to read with technical details, most of which you won't understand. That is why I gave up on you as a potential investor.

But if you were wise, you'd get on private chat with me now and make the investment of your lifetime.

P.S. my new social network is not failing. And I may decide to self-fund my crypto effort. I need to contact the precious metal dealer in Manila and see if they can wire more of my funds. I am just looking to see if there is anyone who wants to give me some cash cushion and get a chance to save the world and get rich.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 02:34:07 AM

I suspect that if you really wanted $100,000 or MUCH more (not 10k), then you should be able to find it easily enough.

I will answer why I don't want $100,000 in the next post.

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 02:41:29 AM

Wink its a puzzle and you took the expected path into the maze and that is why you did not solve it. Epiphanies are like that. Yes I will have to elaborate but I am not going to give away such a valuable insight for free. I'd rather implement and profit. Wouldn't you?

No actually.  trying to get seed capital and forming a startup is the wrong approach if you really want to make a difference.  Otherwise pressure for corporate profits will poison the coin.  And the ability of external entities to apply pressure to a corporate entity (see Ripple) could destroy it.

That is why I only want to deal with 1 - 3 individual investors who are altruistic and want to get possibly rich on their investment.  

Publish your insight for the rep, good jobs will follow.

Interesting point. Don't you think it would be more fun to get rich at the same time of saving the world? Unrealistic maybe. I am evaluating.

I feel I am a person who could do much great things for the world with capital. I think the universe should entrust large capital with me. Perhaps I am mistaken. I am evaluating.

Also if you aren't going to describe your ideas, don't gloat about them endlessly

Fair enough. I won't mention my solution again then. No additional hints will be given then. Satisfied?

-- there is no information content in most of your posts.

Obviously false. Please retract the emotional statement.

Since you are not sharing your ideas and consider that we are not intelligent enough to contribute to them

I did not say you are not intelligent enough. Your username rings a bell and I haven't looked, but I seem to recall you are person of significance in the development of Bitcoin (or Scala?). Perhaps I am mistaken. So far, your posts have been interesting to me and I am preparing to look at your latest idea and either mea culpa or refute it.

, I think you should ask yourself why you bother posting at all.  What do you get out of it?  Wouldn't your time would be better spent implementing your ideas?  You need help seeing yourself...

Perhaps because I like to see you get all ego twisted like this?

Naw. Rather I am trying to point out what is futile and get some interest to invest in my solution. Isn't that obvious enough?

And finally, you might consider that many people here are fighting great hardship yet you will likely not know about it until you read their "so long and thanks for all the fish" post.

I know some of them and they know I empathize with them. I can't empathize with those who haven't told me.

I only reacted with my personal plight due to the disingenuous attempts to character assassinate me when the antagonists had lost the logical point (or simply didn't pay attention because they wanted to attack me).

If the discussion stays on technicals and civility, then so do I.

I don't know what to do about the fact that you don't agree that I don't give my ideas away for free in every instance. I guess you demand I be a Communist. And I an reticent. I am evaluating what is the wisest way to proceed.

I am sorry that you do not have others, closer to you to share these troubles.  Today I heard a sermon about a guy who could wish for anything so he imagined a luxury mansion, cars, gourmet food and the like... and he ended up with what he wished for -- an empty house.  Maybe you should start by sharing here to fill that house.  Check out http://www.reddit.com/r/raisedbynarcissists/ it may help you.

Well so we see that your entire post was a yet another jealous veiled character assassination against all those who are reticent to Communism and groupthink.

Kudos.  Roll Eyes (wasting more of our time)

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 02:46:55 AM

I think we should also re-summarize whether pool control can be defeated by the new pool RPC (was it "getblockdata"?) that allows the miner to add or remove transactions. I must admit it has been a while since I looked at that and I might not have completely digested it (in a rush or whatever).

Perhaps someone can chime in so I don't have to go google it.

https://bitcoin.org/en/developer-guide#getblocktemplate-rpc

it's getblocktemplate and i've already pointed out that it gives miners the flexibility to construct their owns blocks.  as a former miner, moving to a new pool is one click away and all of us were watching carefully for any pool operators acting suspicious

I will reintroduce my point from 2013, that you all won't be mining in the future, because the cartels can (in the future) make mining unprofitable for you with the Transactions Withholding Attack. Many of you can't seem to grasp that attack properly, so I am not relying on that to make my argument below. Yet I maintain that the Transactions Withholding Attack is another future reason that Bitcoin mining will become entirely centralized by the banksters. Note the obvious that in the future all mining income will come from tx fees.

However does it really give control the miner? I don't think so. The users still need to forward transactions into the network and eventually the volume of transactions will be too great for miners to listen to and compare with what the pool is sending them. They will at some point be forced to delegate transaction compilation to the pools.

you'll need to give a citation on this.  i'm not aware of any problems with loading the size of the unconfirmed tx's data set into RAM at all on startup.  in fact, the set is fairly uniform across all nodes b/c of the speed of the network which allows proposals like IBLT from Gavin a chance to be implemented.  i've never heard about any concerns going forward on this.

At Visa scale (e.g. 8000 txs/sec) this is no problem. But at micropayments txs scale, i.e. billions of txs per second, the individual miners don't want to duplicate the connectivity and processing power infrastructure necessary to handle that volume of txs.

If the micropayments txs will be handled by an off-chain layer, then perhaps that aspect of my point does not apply. I will study more the off-chain proposals and get back to you this point.

I don't think IBLT can work (afair perhaps I explained my stance in my refutation of Peter Told at afair the Git hosted IBLT paper), but that is apparently OT the main point of discussion herein.

In any case, I have another argument against the intended efficacy of getblocktemplate. Again remember my concern is about a Digital Kill Switch, wherein rarely an individual's number has been shut off and they are not allowed to transaction (for political persecution or whatever), thus these will be rare occurences. So the pools can simply discard and ignore block solutions that insert such excluded transactions. Miners will have a difficult time winning political will over such rare instances. For example, if the miners move to another pool that has an established reputation of never doing this, the banksters can attack that pool by numerous means (e.g. shutting of their regulatory license, Meni's Share Withholding Attack, out-of-band social, political, and economic attacks, etc). Eventually the banksters can force you to their Sybil attacking pools (you never know which one is legit as they will change as soon as you try to Whack-A-Mole).

I am sorry. You can't win this political battle. Because the banksters will have the masses on their side. The masses are complacent and they will stick with what ever miners and pools that Amazon.com directs theirs their txs to.

You can not win this way. It is so obvious. Think it out. Even Satoshi said the mining would be controlled by corporations in the future.

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 02:53:19 AM

EDIT: Hell, TPTB, you just write something convincing just to CC, me and any others around here (who actually KNOW BTC and code), you'd probably raise $100k right quick.  But, YOU would have to prove yourself to us, and you would likely NOT be left with over 50% of the company.  We would find the right lawyers in your country.  Yes, some of us have been there and done that.

I am sure that you already know this kind of stuff though...

How can I write something convincing when you haven't yet chatted me in private and agreed to a NDA to guard the secrecy?

No one is getting 50% of the coins, not even me! (which is not the same comparison as % of a company, there is no company!). Peter Thiel only got 8% for his angel investment in Facebook. I am interested to be more generous than that, but a lot of the reserved coins have to be reserved to pay for developers.

If you had 10% or even 1% of the Bitcoins, you'd be Satoshi or the Winklevoss twins.

Rather what is important is whether the potential reward and risk are matched. And that you get to fix the damn problem which is threatening to destroy all your other net worth!

OROBTC (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 03:11:15 AM
Last edit: May 11, 2015, 03:21:29 AM by OROBTC

TPTB

PM me anytime you want with non-proprietary info.  Be very clear what is confidential.  Keep it simple.  For example, I do not have a clear understanding of what Monero is (yes, yes, I know I can look it up).  When I understand the simple stuff, then I will answer back with a few questions.

I would sign a non-disclosure agreement anytime at your command.  I would not break or leak it or anything like that in any way.  I am easy enough to find, and I would be more scared of YOU than you should be of me.  Smiley

Be very clear in what I would be allowed to present to my (American) in-laws.  They are RICH but careful and picky. They would need a lot of hand-holding, yet they would need (at a minimum) you visit to the USA East Coast for meetings.  They could find tech-people who could help them out.

I too am busy.  On Saturday, our Peruvian bearing company sold over $20,000 worth of bearings (huge for a Saturday), most to the provinces of Peru.  Like you, I have a lot on my plate.

Keep it simple.  Keep it polite.  Keep it professional.  Be patient.  Leave the esoterica behind.  "Show us the money"

Think also about finding some other Angel Investors here at BTCtalk (esp. technical people who a lot more than I do).  Bet you could find some with a proper approach.  I can't help but feel that there are a few 1%-ers lurking around.

If you are on the right trail, Your good ship "Knowledge Age" will arrive very soon laden with riches...

Best of luck however your efforts turn out.

EDIT:

If you seek ONLY small amounts ($10k), then I am not your guy, as you have pointed out.  I lack important knowledge (and hard to acquire) vital in most of your project.  You wrote recently that investing in things one does not understand leads to bad results (typically), and I came back at you with a a couple of such bad results in my own case.

Still, best of luck!

Smiley
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 03:52:59 AM

I can't help but feel that there are a few 1%-ers lurking around.

rpietila was one and he knows me since 2007. We did large silver deals together. We even brainstormed names for an altcoin together. Yet he is totally ignoring my PMs.

He will regret this.

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 03:55:33 AM

I believe I know how to solve that.  There are 3 innovations that form the core of a microtxn coin -- a problem I've been keen to solve because like I said years ago i think there are room 4 3 coins:
BTC: first mover for holding and large txns.
AnonCoin: maybe MRO
MicroCoin: undefined.

The 3 innovations are:
1. UTXO oriented protocol and storage.  (Merkle UTXO trees that I discussed previously)
2. UTXO size consolidation.  There are various approaches.  The previously mentioned idea for addtl fees if outputs > inputs is not quite there.  Better is addtl fee for every not-previously seen address and UTXO merkle is changed to be address-with-balance merkle tree.  Other ideas are to make address creation expensive (like vanity addresses) and address consolidation txn gets fee rebate.
3. Transformation of blockchain to scale.

What was the upthread name and link to Russel's (recently hired by Blockstream sheesh I can remember that but not the name) summary of the off-chain proposal ("lighting" something) for real-time transactions employing a payment channel (you dedicate some BTC to a particular recipient which you can dole out in real-time)?

Some real-time txs are micropayments and some micropayments are real-time, but not all real-time txs are micropayments and not all micropayments are real-time. Thus you are addressing an orthogonal need to scale the blockchain for higher tx volume.

Recall upthread one of my several reasons for stating that getblocktemplate will lose efficacy is because miners won't be able to process a million or billion txs per second.

What do you mean by point #3?

Afaics, it appears you are proposing to compress the UXTO, but you are not addressing the scaling problem. (Bounded) compression doesn't solve scaling (they are different complexity levels).

The only solution for microtxns that scales is to remove the UXTO entirely! (You've said you are not restricting me from mentioning my solution, so I mention it again!)

Anyway hoping to lay out my microcoin in a doc soon but I can't wrap my head around how to play nice with bitcoin... sidechain altcoin etc... what would you guys do?

The solution is going to be so radically different, I don't think it is going to work as a side or merge-mined chain. But I reserve final judgment after working through all the finer details.

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 04:09:25 AM
Last edit: May 11, 2015, 04:19:26 AM by TPTB_need_war

This is a strategy to actually maximize your returns.  Look at current altcoins; if you or your investors poison your coin you'll get nothing.  If you do not poision it, you and a small number of people will be the first to mine the next new thing and you may actually get help implementing it -- help which seems to be needed because haven't you been talking about this for over a year now?

I am not going to do something stupid about investors. I refused $100,000 in investment in 2014 for 25% of a 10% premine.

I was sick with M.S. all of 2013 and 2014. I could barely code. I tried my best every single day and I had investors in waiting (I've been self-funded) who were following me daily. But I couldn't perform despite my valiant attempts, because M.S. is particularly debilitating in the head (you may not realize how intense concentration is when you are coding, you keep 100 variables in your mind, you only realize when lose the ability to concentrate that you used to take for granted).

My former ideas revolved around attempting to make the PoW CPU only and I did devise an algorithm which leverages the ASIC built into every CPU. So that will still be reused. But that in hindsight isn't really a complete solution to anything.

This latest idea is only recent. The genesis was a couple of months ago and the realization that it doesn't have pitfalls finally gelled about 3 days ago. I've been coding 18 hours a day on a new social network, so I just hadn't been thinking about crypto, then someone pinged me and asked why I couldn't get rolling on crypto so I thought about it for few minutes and realized it (healthy mind now I guess the M.S. is fading).

I should add that another orthogonal aspect of my ideas is about 6 months aged. And that is how to drive tx volume to the coin. And it is intimately related to how to solve the anonymity properly (Monero is incomplete). I have written about it in detail publicly but no one seems to pay attention (except for one very respected member here who commented in this thread within the past 24 hours I will not name who discussed this with me in Bitmessage months ago).

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 04:38:16 AM
Last edit: May 11, 2015, 04:54:40 AM by TPTB_need_war

Usually, miners are good citizens and include many of the pending transactions. However, a block could be mined where all this consensus is ignored and the new block is full of transactions which the miner has "pulled out of his ass" (real-world business or not) with fees payable to himself. Apart from providing PoW security to older blocks, the new block is unhelpful, and many of them together is an attack.

So the "unauthorized" transactions are simply those that are already missing from the majority of the network's node mempools. The reason they are missing is that they have been discarded by most nodes, or never seen by them because the miner kept them quiet until finding a block.

There is no whitelisting or blacklisting unless 51% of the nodes are using the same whitelist or blacklist. If they are then there then that is a majority decision, and the risk of this is the same as today.
Also, standard new blocks with full tx would certainly remain supported even if IBLT was fully functional and in widespread use.

you just described AnonyMint's "targeted withholding attack".  also it's solution.

I hadn't read that.

That isn't a solution because it is the wrong characterization of the coming reality of NWO fascism.

I don't know if you've noticed the trend towards consolidation in the online retailing sector. For example here in the Philippines Ayosdito.com and olx.ph merged and now I can't buy imported vitamin D3 any more because the new cartel eliminated vitamin ads!  Angry

Consolidation will accelerate as the global economic implosion hits us 2016 (mostly in Europe) and accelerating in 2017 or 2018 in the USA.

The masses love their WalMart, Target, Amazon, and other big names. The Big 5s will be folded into the Amazons.

When we reach the point that 80% of online shopping is done through Amazon Payments, Paypal, Coinbase, Bitpay, Circle and a few others, then the case of the "transactions which the miner has 'pulled out of his ass'" (i.e. the txs that are for those big names) will be most of the transactions.

As I said, the masses are working against your theory of political containment. Sorry you can't win with politics. You need a truly technically decentralized solution.

As I said from my first comment in this thread that got you all so offended, you need to make the fundamental tenet of Satoshi's whitepaper the actual reality. Bitcoin isn't. Sorry.

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 05:09:03 AM

I am headed to the gym. I wish you guys would work with me and get serious. We are headed into Orwellian hell if we don't stop bickering and go solve the damn problem.

Right now while Bitcoin is headed for bottom below $150 is our opportunity. We won't get another one.

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 05:16:33 AM

[–]gavinandresenGavin Andresen - Bitcoin Expert

I think 1-minute blocks is a good idea. The best time to roll that out would be the next subsidy halving (makes the code much simpler).

We still need a bigger max block size, though.

reddit

Just to throw the cat amongst the pigeons, how about changing the block interval?

I'm in favor of changing it.  About 16 block per day would be about right as far as I'm concerned.  Bitcoin never was a real-time system and real-time behavior when needed is best done for real in a proxy (e.g., a bitcoin-backed sidechain designed for such use-cases.)

That addresses only a small symptom of the overall problem, i.e. the orphan rate.

It does nothing for the fact that UXTO won't scale with RAM.

It does nothing for the Transactions Withholding attack, pool Sybil attack, and inefficacy of getblocktemplate-at-scale issues I've raised.

It can't help you scale to micropayments volume.

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 05:27:27 AM

If you seek ONLY small amounts ($10k), then I am not your guy, as you have pointed out.  I lack important knowledge (and hard to acquire) vital in most of your project.  You wrote recently that investing in things one does not understand leads to bad results (typically), and I came back at you with a a couple of such bad results in my own case.

Still, best of luck!

Smiley

I would risk 1% of my net worth betting on the intellect of a guy who I can clearly see.

And to fix the threat to the other 99% of your net worth.

You expect everything to be safe and guaranteed, and that will be your downfall.

OROBTC (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 05:38:04 AM

TPTB

NOTHING (inc. our business) is safe in Peru.

Our US condo is not safe.  US Real Estate is not safe.  US cash is not safe.

Gold is not "safe", at least to you.  Platinum?  Please laugh away.

Out of debt looks good to me.

Bitcoin is not safe.

So what?

I don't need to take risks much just to get MOAR, my main need now is preservation and preparing for our daughter's (with luck soon to come) family.  I have had plenty, more than enough,  given to me from above.

I am blessed beyond many's comprehension.

I am learning to live in eternity.  I have no need to rush.  I hold no resentments that I can think of.  I condemn no one.
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 05:44:13 AM

Now do you see why it is a waste of my time to try to work with others to develop the solution we need?

I expect this. That is why I didn't try.

Anonymint registers account March 2013. What was price then, 80, I don't have access to chart. If he buys then, instead of being a bear, he's tripled his money? Maybe he wouldn't be struggling with bills?

So now we stoop again to character assassination when you've lost the factual debate?

(this has been explained many times by me, thezerg don't accuse me of bringing my personal info in, now he is challenging me to explain what happened, but I won't repeat again, he can search my archives)

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 05:46:26 AM
Last edit: May 11, 2015, 06:04:11 AM by TPTB_need_war

TPTB

NOTHING (inc. our business) is safe in Peru.

Our US condo is not safe.  US Real Estate is not safe.  US cash is not safe.

Gold is not "safe", at least to you.  Platinum?  Please laugh away.

Out of debt looks good to me.

Bitcoin is not safe.

Nothing is safe any where with what is coming if we don't make a release valve to the coming NWO fascist totalitarianism.

They will take everything including your business and your gold.

You have nothing to lose by betting 1% of your life's work on something you think could help save the world. For the future world of your kids.

Or don't. I don't care. I need to stop wasting my time here.

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 05:52:06 AM
Last edit: May 11, 2015, 06:08:11 AM by TPTB_need_war

Grandma and moma aren't you. And that is entire point of this drive to push Paypal, Circle, Coinbase, etc onto the masses.

If you are arguing the masses will have the slightest clue that they need to move their wallet because of some obscure Digital Kill Switch that doesn't affect them, then you are disingenuous and absurd.

So let's assume for a moment you have a functioning brain and you're right that the gvt teams up with all the banks and retail companies all within a giant cabal and the masses all are in Bitcoin.

They hit the dreaded Digital Kill Switch. What happens then?

Dissidents and competitors are targeted and eliminated (Digital Kill Switch one of the important tools of discipline on anyone who doesn't conform). The masses huddle into the NWO one world reserve currency and Global Technocracy fascist economy.

It is a slow burn eugenics paradigm to achieve Ted Turner's 500 million population goal.

username18333

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

Knowledge could but approximate existence.

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2015, 10:31:03 AM

The masses huddle into the NWO one world reserve currency and Global Technocracy fascist economy.

If your "masses" were so traumatized by banking, why would they trust any currency (considering that currency is an accounting instrument)?

Escape the plutocrats’ zanpakutō, Flower in the Mirror, Moon on the Water: brave “the ascent which is rough and steep” (Plato).
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 10:53:15 AM

The masses huddle into the NWO one world reserve currency and Global Technocracy fascist economy.

If your "masses" were so traumatized by banking, why would they trust any currency (considering that currency is an accounting instrument)?

True they will for a while prefer to trade air. It is surely decentralized and no accounting. That is what we call a Dark airAge.

username18333

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

Knowledge could but approximate existence.

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2015, 11:01:16 AM

True they will for a while prefer to trade air. It is surely decentralized and no accounting. That is what we call a Dark Airage.

Your statement appears to be sarcastic; however, people often flee from what terrifies them—be that a man with a fire or fire itself.

Escape the plutocrats’ zanpakutō, Flower in the Mirror, Moon on the Water: brave “the ascent which is rough and steep” (Plato).
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 129 »
  Print  

Jump to: