Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:50:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 129 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Economic Totalitarianism  (Read 345711 times)
TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 257

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 10:43:11 AM
Last edit: May 09, 2015, 06:09:02 PM by TPTB_need_war

Centralized shitcoin does not count. 1.5 billion  coins and scrypt. Exchange non existent. Not listed on coinmarketcap.com. Much success for a coin that has been around since September 2014. No privacy and offers sweet fuck all in innovation. Go peddle your bullshit somewhere else. Homero Garza will think that you have the next PayCoin.

One more comment about altcoins and being a Monero bug. The video above is quite accurate on the state-of-affairs of 100s of shitcoins and Bitcoin (and basically nothing else).

To attain significant sustainable adoption and a long-term future, a crypto-coin must have something that Bitcoin doesn't that is really needed.

Okay Monero has ring-sigs onchain anonymity (but doesn't have network anonymity and afaik the planned I2P is just another alias for Tor's unreliable network anonymity...did fluffypony ever finish the I2P integration?).

But Monero's use case is mixing and then exchange back into Bitcoin and hold Bitcoin. There is no reason to actually hold Monero's long-term, because there is no compelling case that users are going to use it as a currency and that it will thus experience network effects. It is just a decentralized mixer. That is all Monero is. No network effects. No Reed or Metcalf law exponential effects on adoption and growth.

You personally may wish to hold Monero for the added anonymity of blockchain anonymity, but this is pointless in terms of ROI if most users don't care and thus the network effects accrue to Bitcoin instead.

So sorry, I see a very big hole in the market that still needs to be fulfilled.

The challenge has always been how to correct Bitcoin's designed flaws (Bitcoin was designed to become a bankster centralized coin without anonymity) and do so in way that creates transaction demand and network effects.

To do this is going to require creating transaction demand for the altcoin. I believe I have the only design that can do this. I suspect the greatest demand for Bitcoin was coming from sites like Silkroad before 100s of Tor's hidden services were unmasked by the FinCen and Europol (probably with the NSA's help).

You've got to be an expert in marketing and an expert programmer and an expert at technical design of crypto. Very very few people will have all those traits, myself being one of them.

So are we going to stop losing precious time and get down to business or not?

I need angel funding if you all want me to focus my energies here now.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RAJSALLIN

Activity: 665
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 11:26:23 AM

Following

A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
`Join us:██`Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github`
.ATHERO
.Internet 3.0 solution
thatbluedude

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 12:51:57 PM

Armstrong: There's nothing left, where you can tuck his money in good conscience. Maybe it will again give you the opportunity in America after the bursting of the sovereign debt bubble [after October 1, 2015], after a pullback in equities to enter. But then at some point it's over.
the translation's allright(as in not misleading).
thought I'm a bit confused, didn't he forecast a dow low before october? did that move or will there be a second, (bigger?) pullback at the end of the year?
Bonus question: if so, should europeans buy before or after october?
celestio

Activity: 770
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 06:02:26 PM

Privacy/anonymity is the only cure for the rampant destruction of individual rights that's happening throughout the world as spying tech advances(Hello nsa, google etc...) both in economic and social matters.

"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime" - Satoshi Nakamoto, June 17, 2010
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 06:23:32 PM

Privacy/anonymity is the only cure for the rampant destruction of individual rights that's happening throughout the world as spying tech advances(Hello nsa, google etc...) both in economic and social matters.
Im all for privacy and anonymity, but there's always a downside. Who would pay for the welfare for the people that really need it (because some do really need it). If nothing is public anymore, how in hell would that be deal with? I don't see it would work in a 100% anonymous individual society.
Erdogan
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 06:39:33 PM

Im all for privacy and anonymity, but there's always a downside. Who would pay for the welfare for the people that really need it (because some do really need it). If nothing is public anymore, how in hell would that be deal with? I don't see it would work in a 100% anonymous individual society.

I know one who would - you. That's one that really need it who is saved. Or, did you think it would be someone else who should pay, not you?

celestio

Activity: 770

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 07:06:57 PM

Oh I don't mean a "100% anonymous individual society". I mean where your individual economic and social activities are by default private/not being spied on.  Currently in this society, the "default" is transparency, where everything is transparent and in order to preserve your privacy, you have to take measures of your own, It should/needs to be the other way around. And that's becoming a very serious issue, our very phone calls, emails, google searches, and more are spied on, not to mention our economic purchases through credit cards, banks, etc.

Hell, the NSA even implanted software in the Windows operating system to monitor computers.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/15/us/nsa-effort-pries-open-computers-not-connected-to-internet.html?_r=0
http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2014/01/15/262650392/nsa-reportedly-has-surveillance-software-on-100-000-computers

"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime" - Satoshi Nakamoto, June 17, 2010
username18333

Activity: 378

Knowledge could but approximate existence.

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2015, 10:33:15 PM

G.E. coins are “spent” into existence in input-less transactions. Accordingly, civil society can (at least, in part) dictate monetary policy.

Code:
sendfreetransactions=1
Code:
sendtoaddress [address] [balance + amount]

Escape the plutocrats’ zanpakutō, Flower in the Mirror, Moon on the Water: brave “the ascent which is rough and steep” (Plato).
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 12:53:35 AM
Last edit: May 10, 2015, 02:27:53 AM by TPTB_need_war

Something that's more interesting than the anonymint noise is the under-appreciated fact that Satoshi believed Bitcoin's profit incentives were so strong that even if an individual accumulated a majority of the hashing power their desire to be profitable in bitcoin terms would be so strong that they wouldn't use that power to attack the network.

Maybe he was right and maybe he was wrong, but the people who are insisting that Bitcoin mining is too centralized should at least start out making their arguments by acknowledging that position and explaining why they believe it is incorrect.

Yes, but profit based incentives only work if you assume the adversary is motivated by greed. Excepting a major technical failure or something better appearing, the only foes I worry about with respect to bitcoin already own printers - and they aren't afraid to use them!

Inspired to see you understood and/or agreed with my point, despite "Lol" slandering me in your prior post and not quoting or acknowledging that I had made the same point as you did in the post immediately before yours as follows.

Any way, I think the profit motive crap is total nonsense and I expect he [Satoshi] knew that. The pools don't have any large investment in hardware. Thus they are free to maximize revenue by any paradigm which does so, including collusion and selling out to the banksters who captured the State and the fiat levers. Economics rules, not morals.

Upthread I broke down the argument that the miners who own the hardware are in control. Sorry (in theory and maybe in practice already) the Sybil attack which are the pools is in control.

If you want to convince me that crypto isn't just another paradigm that falls right into the control of the problem we are trying to fix with crypto, then we need that fundamental tenet of decentralized trust.

The power held by the banksters who have captured the government through the power vacuum of the Iron Law of Collective Action, is not limited to printing money at the Central Banks. This DEEP STATE has the power to do 9/11, unmask 100s of Tor .onion hidden services, and more saliently to our discussion they can render competition insolvent with regulatory requirements they create with the government they control (i.e. democracy is a lie and a power vacuum, and I was making the analogy that pools are also).

If you want to defeat this paradigm, you are going to have to think more out-of-the-box, because it patently obvious to me they designed Bitcoin.

Regarding my design solution to this problem, once you see my solution you will have an epiphany and realize there are a gamut of choices of what we centralize and what we decentralize, and it is those choices which determine whether the crypto-currency falls into the power vacuum or not.

You can start by showing me some mutual respect, which I will then return in kind. Or not. It won't stop me in either case.

P.S. I seriously have Multiple Sclerosis. If you had any clue what it is like to battle this (debilitating headaches, dizziness, and chronic fatigure, etc), you might understand why I was incapable of a lot of coding action from 2012 to 2015, until I discovered what appears so far to be a viable treatment a month ago.

His entire argument about the security of multiple confirmations fails in the presence of concentration, since it relies on the premise of an attacker being a price-taker with respect to hash power. If he felt the profit motive of a majority miner were enough to render the system secure, he wouldn't bother with the probabilistic game theory. It is quite clear to me that the later is much stronger than the former.

That is an elegant way of arguing what is the more fundamental tenet or key aspect of Satoshi's contribution and invention, which was my point.

We also have to admit it was likely a ruse to suck us into wetting our ideological underwear and falling into the trap of a centralized public ledger Digital Kill Switch.

The question then becomes whether or not any technical solution is possible against attackers who have printers and aren't afraid to use them.

There is. I was very skeptical and had basically given up on finding a solution. But it turns out that I was thinking about the problem the wrong way. Paradigm shift epiphanies are like this. And of course the blinded won't believe it until you spell it out for them.

Wouldn't it suck to implement countermeasures against such attackers that not only won't work and also hinder legitimate use or, even worse, make attacks more likely instead of less likely?

Of course. But again I detect that you are likely playing politics and preparing to slander something again which is your past pattern of behavior.

The pools don't have any large investment in hardware. Thus they are free to maximize revenue by any paradigm which does so, including collusion and selling out to the banksters who captured the State and the fiat levers. Economics rules, not morals.

huge inconsistency in logic for someone who claims to be logical.  or maybe it's just from someone who lacks comprehension of how Bitcoin incentives work in practice?

so if the pools didn't invest in their hardware, then logically you're referring to pools that aggregate individual mining power.  if that is the case, how can pool operators freely collude and sell out to banksters or any other attacker when those same individuals can just as freely yank their power out of the pool and point it elsewhere as we saw in ghash?

Did you completely fail to read the post I made about pools being a Sybil attack vector?

You have no way of knowing if a Sybil attack in occurring now at the pools. You don't have to see an overt attack.

Did humanity see an attack on their government over the past 80+ years while the DEEP STATE has been festering?

If you were trying to grow Bitcoin into a global centralized ledger, would you reveal your hand too soon and cause the frogs to jump out of the pot? Of course not!

The totalitarianism comes all at once at the end game. You can remain blissfully ignoring that possibility if you want. Most humans cows do and so do frogs that boil in the pot. Bitcoin was designed to suck you into complacency and disbelief in (cognitive dissonance groupthink slander of logical, rational) dissension.

I suggest you retract your pitiful attempts to slander whether I am logical. You won't likely win a logic debate against me. Smooth might, but you are not capable.

so give me some evidence that the USG is performing a Sybil attack on all the pools.

Apparently you don't understand well that a Sybil attack can be not detectable, especially when the power it wields is not yet being fully utilitized in every facet. If I were the DEEP STATE, I would continue to lay the ground work of growing Bitcoin adoption and not disturbing that, while testing and insuring the Sybil attack vector is going to work as planned once Bitcoin reaches the point where they want to turn on the Digital Kill Switch.

also, explain to me how the USG controls Chinese mining pools in Mongolia.

If you don't believe the Chinese leadership is in bed with the Rockefellers on the planned Global Technocracy, then I suggest you watch Aaron Russo's video explaining about what Nick Rockefeller told him and then do some googling about Nick Rockefeller and China.

But all of your post belies the main point, which is a Sybil attack hole exists. And we should close that hole.

all i hear is a bunch of FUD.

You have not refuted the economics and technical points that indicate that a Sybil attack vector exists with the pools.

You have chosen to remain a frog boiling in the pot, because the former double-digit pools have been dissolved into single-digit pools, but you can not prove that there are not multiple single-digit pools that are owned by the same entity.

You can choose to remain blissfully ignorant of the fact that a Sybil attack is possible (and likely because of the economics of pools which I had explained in the link I provided to you) and perhaps already occurring (in testing and lie-in-wait mode).

You are just being disingenuous now.

2.  i think that the majority of ppl in this world want to be honest and wish to live in a society that has order.  no one wants to live in chaos.  everybody loses.  in order for society to continue to progress and evolve, order, dependability, and a semblance of honesty is needed.  thus, in a system with so much potential to do good, like Bitcoin, the overwhelming desire is for participants to want to do what makes the system thrive.  to the extent that cheating, dishonesty, and colluding erodes confidence and threatens that goal, most participants will avoid those activities.

That is the same faith we put into a top-down democracy. Fact is a power vacuum sucks in those who can maximize the exploitation of the power vacuum.

You are violating the fundamental tenet of Satoshi's white paper which is decentralized trust, meaning we don't have to trust that people are honest.

you fail to comprehend what i was saying.  the above is simply an observation of mine on human behavior which i think is valid.

Can you not read? Try again to read above. I didn't fail to comprehend your point, I was disagreeing with it. Can you not comprehend the logical distinction between not comprehending and disagreeing? That is a category (a.k.a. taxonomy) logic error.

B-listers (or I suspect C-lister in this case) have such poor logic and rationality, it is almost pointless to try to argue with you, because you can't even recognize your illogic.

Satoshi's brilliance was that he designed what appears to be a rock solid system that allows it's participants to fulfill their desired behaviors w/o fear of widespread cheating.

Precisely that is the fundamental tenet I am referring to upthread where I am thinking about the "one CPU, one vote" and the probabilistic math of Proof-of-Work, but I am arguing that it is not immune to centralization and thus it is an (intentional or not) ruse that is very ideologically compelling.

the incentives programmed into Bitcoin align with their desired behaviors and in fact fosters them.

Subsequent (to yours quoted) posts by myself, inca, and smooth (at least and many others else where such as the Skycoin thread) had argued that the mutual profit motive is not sufficient.

the need for trust is removed for the early adopters.

That was the ideology but the reality is that it ain't so.

bootstrappers like me saw this brilliance and have invested accordingly

Cognitive bias.

and each day that goes by that the protocol doesn't get hacked or that a miner or a cabal of miners fails to perform a 51% is evidence that the system is getting stronger and stronger and more resilient.

How did that work out in the past with governments that get stronger and bigger and then always implode. As Warren Buffet says, "when the tide goes out, we know who wasn't wearing underwear".

How did that work out for the quants and the derivative bombs that finally exploded. Etc, etc.

I think you need to read some of Nicholas Taleb's books on Blackswans, Anti-fragility, etc..

Or simply the common due diligence statement, "past performance is no guarantee of future performance".

what's quite obvious is that more and more deep pocketed investors are climbing onboard

Indeed. Bitcoin is succeeding. And the DEEP STATE is I am sure quite thrilled.

which makes it much harder for gvts or any bad actor to interfere. we're experiencing a growing economy.

That does not logically follow, when the bad guys are the government. They will regulate later. Regulation won't kill Bitcoin at that stage when it is already mature. It can enable the Digital Kill Switch where they can turn off your number if they don't like you (i.e. prevent political free speech, expropriate wealth via the ruse of unconstitutional directly apportioned taxation, etc).

You are blacksliding because there doesn't appear to be any solution the fact that pools become concentrated due to the variance cost to them not. It is pure economics.

what centralization?  i see the charts decentralizing.  and the proof in the pudding is that there are still no 51% attacks despite your FUD and Bitcoin keeps on growing.  and ghash has been reduced to a shadow of itself.

I have already addressed this point.

all i hear is a bunch of FUD.

You have not refuted the economics and technical points that indicate that a Sybil attack vector exists with the pools.

You have chosen to remain a frog boiling in the pot, because the former double-digit pools have been dissolved into single-digit pools, but you can not prove that there are not multiple single-digit pools that are owned by the same entity.

You can choose to remain blissfully ignorant of the fact that a Sybil attack is possible (and likely because of the economics of pools which I had explained in the link I provided to you) and perhaps already occurring (in testing and lie-in-wait mode).

You are just being disingenuous now.

actually, i submit the onus is upon you to prove that the Sybil attacks are occurring especially since we haven't seen any evidence to that fact.  w/o it you are just a troll and Bitcoin continues to gain more acceptance.

Repeating yourself redundantly doesn't make your illogic any less so.

I will simply quote myself again above since you clearly refuse to address what I wrote. Asserting that the onus is on me to prove that something that can't be detected is disingenuous. You are not arguing the point, rather just trying to cover your ears and say "nanana".

Apparently you don't understand well that a Sybil attack can be not detectable, especially when the power it wields is not yet being fully utilitized in every facet. If I were the DEEP STATE, I would continue to lay the ground work of growing Bitcoin adoption and not disturbing that, while testing and insuring the Sybil attack vector is going to work as planned once Bitcoin reaches the point where they want to turn on the Digital Kill Switch.

But all of your post belies the main point, which is a Sybil attack hole exists. And we should close that hole.

Gyfts
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 1512

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 01:58:00 AM

The idea of stiff economic control, in my opinion, is strictly to keep inflation down and prevent another economic crash. I would never call it "totalitarianism" because the fact is, we are pretty much free to do what we want with our money, invest it as we please, spend it as we please (for the most part) wherever we'd like. It's not something I am against as well. For the "greater good", if you will.

The Gyfts business (you launched?) is great example of the Knowledge Age.

Why are you convinced that a slide into financial repression totalitarianism isn't lurking?

I actually agree with some of your statements, but from a different Big Picture conceptualization. Yes we are free to avoid ZIRP (and NIRP) by avoiding passive investing and seek out the Knowledge Age investments such as your innovative Gyfts concept (did it prosper or fail?).

That has been precisely my point that the NWO morass is destroying itself, and we are free to sidestep it.

But my argument is that eventually we will need anonymity to continue to sidestep, because NWO paradigm is failure directed[1] and thus needs to parasite on the productive sector to the degree it will destroy the productive sector.

Edit: Perhaps I was mistaken about Gyfts. I thought I had seen a business that was offering to let people buy things on Amazon with Bitcoin.

[1] Sorry it won't prevent economic collapse. Inflation is not the threat. Rather it is massive deflation that threatens due to the $200+ trillion in global debt much of which is insolvent.

Well to be honest I was just thinking about fiat currencies. What totally went over my head was the control and regulation of Bitcoin. The IRS and US government entities are having a heart attack over Bitcoin and trying to regulate the hell out of it. Didn't even cross my mind, despite being on "Bitcointalk"  Roll Eyes  I do agree with you there is stiff economic control in that aspect.
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 02:41:21 AM
Last edit: May 10, 2015, 03:30:48 AM by TPTB_need_war

yes, why not use that 51% of power to mine 51% of the BTC rewards plus fees which is a guaranteed calculable process?

why instead would they perform a 51% attack to double spend a cup of coffee at a retail store?

As for the Sybil attack, it seems pretty outlandish to imagine all that conspiracy stuff going on just to mess with the network once, lose the opportunity to do so again probably forever, and not actually succeed in destroying Bitcoin anyway. Not to mention this would ideally (for the attacker) have to be actual hashing power in hand, not a pool.

The DEEP STATE doesn't want to double-spend nor destroy Bitcoin. That is myopic, childish thinking. They have $trillions already (admitted on national TV by for Head of D.o.D. Donald Rumsfeld on the eve of 9/11). What they want is control and to enforce the legal bullshit they enact with their control over government. They can use the Sybil attack to force you to submit your identification when you submit a transaction or to delay or blackout transactions from people who challenge their totalitarian grip on power over the NWO and the inevitable one-world reserve currency regime coming.

Bitcoin is part of the grand plan for Global Technocracy and total top-down digital control. And it is a marvelous success. You suckers are falling for it.

And of course there's a nicely generalizable argument that even managing to destroy Bitcoin just allows any of the myriad other networks to adapt based on the attacker's strategy and come back meaner than Bitcoin ever was. It's not a viable strategy: a decentralized swarm can cycle the OODA loop far faster than any centralized entity.

I do agree and believe this is the Trojan horse planted by the engineers who created Bitcoin knowing full well that the DEEP STATE would commission others to do it if not them, so they might as well enable the possibility for us to upend Bitcoin.

And damn, I am going to (attempt to) do just that! (especially if I can get some minimal financing to cover my meager expenses so i can work full-time on crypto)

Add: actually I don't want to upend Bitcoin. I just want to provide an alternative that has a compelling use case as well fixes the centralization hole in Bitcoin. I do think Bitcoin will spread out to the masses, regardless of anything I do. I am leveraging Bitcoin as a reserve currency for the altcoins and thus I don't need to disparage Bitcoin for that role. I am not unrealistically trying to stop the inevitable one-world reserve currency new order, rather I am trying to find a way to co-exist with it and maintain my personal liberty.

Therefore we can conclude that the only entities who could do this would not be motivated by profit and not fear legal responses.  But much cheaper and easier for those entities to declare bitcoin illegal.

Laws are impotent (and nullified) if they are unenforceable. Example, an anti-jaywalking law for isolated rural dirt roads.

The Sybil attack vector is another facet of enforcement and control. The Sybil attack vector is also the historical modus operandi profile of the banksters because they love to have a paradigm where the masses believe the ideology ("one CPU, one vote", "decentralized mining") yet the truth is they insidiously and covertly control the strings behind the curtain.

He's just jealous

There are much more enjoyable vocations I would rather be doing than this shit, like hanging out at the beach at my advanced age with a beautiful lady or raising a family (I am 50 but said I look 30s face and body despite the Multiple Sclerosis). Instead I slog away because I don't want to live in a totalitarian world with no options coming Orwellian global economics collapse starting in earnest 2017 or 18 (with initial effects in at least Europe starting October, 2015).

Here's a thought about Gmax's "big block attack" where powerful miners try to eliminate their competition by producing very large blocks that the smaller miners can't handl...

are you sure (bolded part)? the bigger the network bandwidth, the faster a bloat block constructed by an attacking large miner would propagate thus increasing their chances of tormenting smaller miners.  conversely, the smaller the bandwidth, the higher the latency and thus the higher probability of the bloat block being orphaned resulting in failure of the attack.

I'm very much not sure since I'm not familiar with mining technicals, but I think that's what I was saying: the lower the bandwidth in the network, the higher chance of failure of the attack...

Higher orphan rate favors the larger pools since they are going to be better connected and thus will mine the orphaned blocks less frequently. This is related to some of the points and math from the selfish mining paper.

Larger blocks = more centralization (whether it is covert or not is irrelevant). As I said, they can't get a solution without changing to my solution.

Perhaps some of you didn't see that I revealed my math on the solution to selfish mining in my refutation of gmaxell.

btw, shame on pwiullie and gmax for pushing this boogie man attack FUD.

Shame on you for conflating individual degrees-of-freedom with groupwise molasses inertia.

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 04:15:32 AM

Don't say I haven't tried!

The objective is to prevent the sybil nodes from controlling propagation of transaction, block and consensus propagation.

That is the Achilles heel of your current consensus design. You will eventually have to abandon it and move to my solution. We should be synergizing, because my solution was inspired by the discussions we had upthread.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=68655.msg11327393#msg11327393

(read my posts from the linked post to end of page 1193)

Also for all your impressive technical prowess, it won't help you solve the marketing hurdle that no altcoin has surmounted. You need my combination of design, marketing, and coding skills. But can our egos co-exist?

Skycoin, seriously it is time to stop messing around. Why are we not working together?

Before I asked you to have a discussion on BitMessage but you did not engage. I am making one more attempt to ping you.

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 06:40:07 AM

And you wonder why I don't try?!

Wow, this thread just went full retard (Simple Jack).

WTF! is wrong with you?   Angry

I will kick your ass in spite of my illness.  Angry

I made extensive and important ontopic posts upthread and there is also a human element to development too. Where the fuck is your humility and compassion?

Wow, this thread just went full retard (Simple Jack).

I apologize for going off-topic.

No you don't have to apologize to that snot fuck. Why do you let him brow beat you and use peer pressure to lower your sensibility and humanity?

Call him out instead. Embarrass him for his lack of human spirit.

I'm sorry to hear about the MS. A colleague of mine had a spouse with MS and I saw the effects in her last few years. I'm having trouble making logic of the comment you make in the thread you just linked, however.

I'm having trouble with those 2 bolded statements in particular. I'm trying to imagine being 50 years old, having MS, and running a sub-5 second 40 yards... and I just can't.

I apologize in advance to other readers to introduce so much personal information into the thread (and surely you know I take a great risk that none of you are willing to take by putting your real photos in public!! I avoided this for 2 years!!), but perhaps it is necessary this one time in order to clarify a few points. So let's try to make it once only.

I have always been a jock or athlete, in addition to being a nerd or hacker of sorts. It is rarer combination, but I am not the only one of those. For example, I had a friend and competitor Brad from Bevelry Hills H.S, who had higher SAT scores than me and he beat me in the 800 meter race (the 2nd time, I won the first meet). I think he went on to do something more mainstream than hacking, but I didn't keep in touch. In high school, I ran a sub-4:30 mile, sub-16 min 5K, 35 minute 10K (on a whim and not in best trained shape), yet I also ran 4.5 second 40. For most of my youth, I was in American football (my natural sport since age 5), then I shifted to XCountry and Track when I moved from my birthplace New Orleans, LA to Culver City, CA in 1980. My athleticism is more focused in power and not endurance, but I did the endurance sport because I was in love with the social aspects (running from Culver City to Hunnington Beach and watching the sunset, etc) of it at that age and also I like different challenges and experiences. Frankly I never reached my peak potential in endurance running, because I had too many nerd distractions such as creating WordUp in the mid-1980s which was one of the world's earliest full-feature WYSIWYG word processors.

Here is a pic of myself in 1993-1995 when I worked on what became now Corel Painter:

In 1999, I was at the peak of my career with CoolPage running up to 335,000 published websites users (million or so downloaded copies) and athletically I was in incredible shape. See photo below on the day (Dec. 1, 1999) I was attacked and lost vision in my right eye.

After that my personal life went into disarray and I'd rather not mention all the details out-of-respect for the other party involved.

By 2004 or so, I had recovered physically and emotionally, and in 2005 I started to realize there was a problem in the global economy (my suspicions had started with 9/11) and had discovered gold, silver, etc..

In any case, in 2006 I believe I was infected with a high strain of the HPV virus, and I believe that was a strong contributing factor to my decline thereafter. I still was able to run and even got 2nd place in my 35+ age group for 5K, but it wasn't the same. I didn't have the same oomph and endurance. But it wasn't yet debilitating, just a reduction in my performance. Yet from 2006 to 2010 or 2011, I was still able to pretty much go in the gym or any athletic activity and perform with a lot of power and speed. The deleterious effects up to that point were mainly sustaining energy and endurance and recovery time the next day.

In 2010 or 2011, my feet started to swell, tinnatus in my ears, severe cramping, etc.. The neuropathy had kicked into high gear. You can see the severe eye bags on me in 2010 in the following photo yet also notice how muscular I am (more so than in my 20s).

By 2012, I was hospitalized for h.pylori infection, and after that my body went into a tailspin.

Yet through most of this, I didn't lose my speed and power, except starting around 2013/14, I started to lose power especially on my left side. And in 2014 it was getting so bad that I was getting very desperate. I suppose due to my lifelong athleticism and my continued attempts to fight the M.S. with athletics, I was able to sustain longer than others do with the illness, but yet I was succumbing to it.

But you can see even in this pic in 2014, I was still athletic even though I was struggling every day with debilitating symptoms, I just have incredible will power because of of the long distance running I did over the years where I had to endure extreme pain as a matter of sport and competition:

On my other computer I have photo that shows my face covered with welts and extreme fatigue that was taken also in 2014. Sorry I didn't take many photos of myself when I was feeling horrible. I took photos on those days where I had a burst of energy. M.S. is relapsing thus there can be a good day out of a month. And I would go full blast athletics on those rarer good days.

I had noticed that in all the remedies I had experimented with, only the high dose vitamin D3 that I had tested for 1 week in 2012 (and again for 1 week in 2013) had on both occasions eliminated most if not all of the ill health symptoms. But I was afraid to continue that high dosing of vitamin D3 due to risks of kidney damage. So then my M.S. worsened.

Around the end of March, I got into a horrendous argument with my mother because she expressed no sympathy for what I am going through. I got so pissed off, I felt I didn't care any more if I destroyed my kidneys and I was tired of being this fucking whining ass loser that I become relegated to that my mother could look down on me, when in fact I had accomplished much more in my life (before allowing my life to get involved with the wrong people and venues which lead to my downfall).

My mom and I on better days back in 1995:

So I redid the research on the vitamin D3 and found much  more information than in 2012, such as video from the Brazilian neurologists (graduated and interned in the USA) and his claims on curing 95% of 3000+ M.S. patients.

So I decided to renew the vitamin D3 treatment and sustain it, hell or high water.

And thus far, it is working reasonably well and I have a lot more energy and have been working up to 18 hours daily lately. Unfortunately my M.S. got much worse since 2012, thus the vitamin D3 is not giving me the complete cure in 1 week as it appeared to do before. But the quality of my life is drastically improved already and I am hoping for continued improvement.

So back to your main contention, even when I had these horrendous symptoms 2012 - 2015, I would still force myself with superhuman willpower to go out and exercise hard and I could still run fast or do some power activity, but I could not sustain it long. My sprints dropped from 10 x 150 meters to 1 or 2 x 150 meters.

Since I got on the high dose vitamin D3 (since April 1 at least), my endurance and energy is rising. One day I did 350 pushups, then immediately 8 minutes for 2 kms, then 4 x 150 meters sprints. It is no where near what I used to be able to do and what I am sure I could still do if I wasn't sick, but it is a significant improvement and I am grateful.

My problem right now is I am in a financial stress, because my savings is held by a precious metals dealer and they can't seem to give it all to me. They dole it out a little by little and I am afraid they may stop. And thus I am surviving with very little cash cushion.

And I am diverting my energies onto to projects (hoping to raise cash more surely and quickly) which are much less important than what I think I could probably contribute in crypto.

P.S. when I was 26 I looked like I was 16. The following pic was taken in New Orleans in 1991.

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 11:15:29 AM

We have the private keys, we have the address, we need to
- get the unspent output set for the Bitcoin addresses
- create a Bitcoin transaction, sign it with the private keys, dump it as hex
- inject the transaction into the network

We cant even do that without writing new custom software. This is insanity.

If anyone knows where the documentation is for the libbitcoin zeromq interface wrapper, that would help.

Why can't you just use an API such as Blockchain.info and be done with it for now.

Thanks for ignoring me again.

Okay I am closing your thread and you will perhaps get a formidable competitor instead.

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 02:43:19 PM

Time we fucking wakeup sheeople!

http://armstrongeconomics.com/archives/30365

Hillary Clinton is already bought and paid for, She netted $400,000 for giving two speeches for a few minutes at Goldman Sachs.

Even the top five contributors to Hillary’s bid for the Senate back in 1999 were:

Citigroup Inc ….. $782,327
Goldman Sachs ….. $711,490
DLA Piper ….. $628,030
JPMorgan Chase & Co ….. $620,919
EMILY’s List ….. $605,174

Gary Gensler (born October 18, 1957) worked at Goldman Sachs for 18 years and at 30 became the youngest partner. He then, like most people from that firm, strangely seem to suddenly care about how government functions and then crosses over into public life after filling their pockets at Goldman,

http://www.cnbc.com/id/102634242

Goldman, IDG invest $50 million in bitcoin company

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/technology/news/article.cfm?c_id=5&objectid=10456534

The story starts once Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg had launched, after the dorm room drama that's led to the current court case.

Facebook's first round of venture capital funding ($US500,000) came from former Paypal CEO Peter Thiel. Author of anti-multicultural tome 'The Diversity Myth', he is also on the board of radical conservative group VanguardPAC.

The second round of funding into Facebook ($US12.7 million) came from venture capital firm Accel Partners. Its manager James Breyer was formerly chairman of the National Venture Capital Association, and served on the board with Gilman Louie, CEO of In-Q-Tel, a venture capital firm established by the Central Intelligence Agency in 1999. One of the company's key areas of expertise are in "data mining technologies".

Breyer also served on the board of R&D firm BBN Technologies, which was one of those companies responsible for the rise of the internet.

Dr Anita Jones joined the firm, which included Gilman Louie. She had also served on the In-Q-Tel's board, and had been director of Defence Research and Engineering for the US Department of Defence.

She was also an adviser to the Secretary of Defence and overseeing the Defence Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA), which is responsible for high-tech, high-end development.

It was when a journalist lifted the lid on the DARPA's
Information Awareness Office that the public began to show concern at its information mining projects.

Wikipedia's IAO page says: "the IAO has the stated mission to gather as much information as possible about everyone, in a centralised location, for easy perusal by the United States government, including (though not limited to) internet activity, credit card purchase histories, airline ticket purchases, car rentals, medical records, educational transcripts, driver's licenses, utility bills, tax returns, and any other available data.".

Not surprisingly, the backlash from civil libertarians led to a Congressional investigation into DARPA's activity, the Information Awareness Office lost its funding.

Now the internet conspiracy theorists are citing Facebook as the IAO's new mask.

Parts of the IAO's technology round-up included 'human network analysis and behaviour model building engines', which Facebook's massive volume of neatly-targeted data gathering allows for.

Facebook's own Terms of use state: "by posting Member Content to any part of the Web site, you automatically grant, and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant, to facebook an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, transferable, fully paid, worldwide license to use, copy, perform, display, reformat, translate, excerpt and distribute such information and content and to prepare derivative works of, or incorpoate into other works, such information and content, and to grant and authorise sublicenses of the foregoing.

And in its equally interesting privacy policy: "Facebook may also collect information about you from other sources, such as newspapers, blogs, instant messaging services, and other users of the Facebook service through the operation of the service (eg. photo tags) in order to provide you with more useful information and a more personalised experience. By using Facebook, you are consenting to have your personal data transferred to and processed in the United States."

http://www.coindesk.com/peter-thiel-founders-fund-lead-2m-funding-round-in-bitpay/

Peter Thiel & Founders Fund lead $2 Million funding round in BitPay

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/b6f63e4c-a0af-11e4-9aee-00144feab7de.html

Coinbase lands $75m investment from NYSE and BBVA

Others in the round include Vikram Pandit, former chief executive of Citigroup

Ripple Labs, whose technology can be used to transfer Bitcoin and other currencies, announced on Tuesday that former White House economic adviser Gene Sperling would be joining its board.

hamdache

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 08:32:56 PM

hello all
hamdache

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 10:04:17 PM

my name is hamdache - hello every one
hamdache

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 10:19:18 PM

hello, i'an sorry. i'm just testing something
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 01:18:10 AM
Last edit: May 11, 2015, 01:31:36 AM by TPTB_need_war

So that is one argument that can be made against the pool's having control. Note it doesn't impact my other upthread (and very on topic) point that larger blocks favor centralization because higher orphan rates do.

larger bloat blocks have a higher chance of being orphaned

I reiterate my upthread point that higher orphan rate favors larger pools because they will be better connected (don't forget the NSA has direct taps on major trunk lines and the high-speed traders on Wall Street have this superior connectivity too) and thus mine on orphaned chains less, thus have high profits for their miners, thus driving more miners to them and making the smaller pools go bankrupt. This is a variant of the selfish mining effect.

Thus I will repeat again that larger blocks = centralization.

I hope that is clear now, since apparently you didn't get it the first time and apparently ignored or didn't understand me?

(if you did ignore before, covering your ears won't help you)

My radical re-design totally eliminates the issue of orphans and the critical advantages of connectivity latency. It is a radical paradigm shift that solves the problem that Bitcoin was designed to be centralized and there is nothing you can do within Bitcoin's current design to stop that! (I will elaborate soon)

Add: and the key point of distinction is that in Bitcoin in order to get a transaction to have a confirmation then it must be put into a block. In my novel new design, transactions don't have to be put in blocks in order to be confirmed. That is a very strong head scratching hint for you!

well that'll be a trick b/c the blockchain is Satoshi's fundamental contribution to tx security that was missing for all these decades of digital money formation.  each block cements the tx's into the chain via POW.  

you need to elaborate on your purported innovation to have any meaningful discussion.

Wink its a puzzle and you took the expected path into the maze and that is why you did not solve it. Epiphanies are like that. Yes I will have to elaborate but I am not going to give away such a valuable insight for free. I'd rather implement and profit. Wouldn't you?

You'd be crazy not to invest.

Yes it is a trick. The key insight is into how to make things orthogonal with a clever twist. I must admit, the more I think about it, the less obvious it is. I do have the antithetic weakness of the Dunning-Kruger syndrome, "Conversely, highly skilled individuals tend to underestimate their relative competence, erroneously assuming that tasks which are easy for them are also easy for others.".

For $10,000 investment and promise of secrecy, you can find out now.

Note my Bitmessage is not functioning on my new ISP, so anyone that wants to talk with me should PM me then we will go into encrypted webchat (very easy just load a webpage and chat).

OROBTC (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 01:38:22 AM

TPTB

Take investment advice from someone you only know over the internet (FOFOA and TPTB)?  Smiley

Sorry could not resist.

I am now happily back in the USSA, ready to be Tax Donkey-ed some more.  I still hope to hear some more practical ideas for investment to help each of us through our current environment of Economic Totalitarianism.

Welcome, hamdache.

My whole experience here is just an experiment as well.  Jump in!  Smiley

TPTB

I suspect that if you really wanted $100,000 or MUCH more (not 10k), then you should be able to find it easily enough.

WRITE something compelling the to the BTC community (thought leaders, developers, etc.) or even the Winkelvoss twins.  There is TONNES of dough out there looking for a good investment.  Silicon Valley is looking HARD for people who can make THEM rich too.

My sister is married to a Private Venture guy with staff.  They are extremely rigid in what they look at though (I presented them once with something that got dismissed right away).

Drop me a PM if you would like to follow up.  10k does not interest them.  A million would.  Multi-millions even better.  Be prepared to give up a LOT of equity and work like a dog.  Not to mention have a boss.  That's is about all I could offer.  And no guarantees (not even close).  Sorry, but that is nature of the game.

The money is there, but you would have to prove yourself (like visiting them, showing them stuff).  I could understand if you would decline.

EDIT: Hell, TPTB, you just write something convincing just to CC, me and any others around here (who actually KNOW BTC and code), you'd probably raise $100k right quick.  But, YOU would have to prove yourself to us, and you would likely NOT be left with over 50% of the company.  We would find the right lawyers in your country.  Yes, some of us have been there and done that.

I am sure that you already know this kind of stuff though...

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 129 »
  Print  

Jump to: